Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? (23083 Views)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by SmartGadgetz: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
PDP & APC Defeated... That's all we know for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by opalu: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Lol
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by OhiOfIhima: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Q
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Ireportlive: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
cool
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Jalinspy(f): 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
grin
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by MuslimMuslim: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Why not try depositing in even one bank first and see how easy it is

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by JoshTim: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
I use 65k to collect 50k new notes. I never see am o, them still dey search for me. You see madness in this country. It shall not be well with anybody supporting this policy.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:
You see why APC Governors are right

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Redesign Policy is completely defeated

Am I right or wrong?

I think the policy is about depositing it and not using it...

Spending it isn't possible but you can take it to back and they follow same CBN guideline or protocols...but cash equivalent won't be given to you there

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by OhiOfIhima: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Not defeated at all... The idea of deposit the old notes is vr good to ease the intention at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Danishguy(m): 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
I doubt that. The 500k deposit limit is very much similar to the reintroduction of the old 200 naira. The median demography is the target — businesses with valuation lesser than the above pegged.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Padipadi:
Atiku ll still lose.
Leave that to me.
But I am sure 100% Abiola will be president of Nigeria before Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Ebubu2: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Am I right or wrong?
all accounts are tied to one BVN number.

4 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by newnigerdelta00: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

Peter Obi, you see your life.... you don't love Nigeria you just teaching them hates.....
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Naira20: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
Wetin concern CBN with the bolded?
Tinubu and his vote buying team are behind this hardship.
Ahmed0336:

CBN don shoot their selves for leg.

Left for me
, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.

If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by onuman: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nearly defeated by the gang of El Rufai, Ganduje and Tinubu who must be stashing billions Naira cash to buy the next presidential and guber election.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by jaxxy(m): 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

April 10 is for 200 notes not 500 and 1000.

500/1000 deposit end on the 20th or so after then they are condemned undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by EASY39(m): 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
Read the condition before you rush to bank ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by newnigerdelta00: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Don't ever think you're smarter than somebody who layes ambush against you.

CBN knows what they're doing but if you chose to be a victim that's your business.

Shut up, you are pained... you all are dying thinking you doing Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by missuzoma: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
Key highlights from the Banker's Committee meeting held today on the Naira Redesign

1. The old 200 naira will still be legal till April 10th 2023.

2. The old 200 naira and the new 500 and new 1000 will continue to be in circulation till 10th of April 2023.

3. The old 500 and the 1000 can be deposited into commercial bank just once within the 60days extension.

4. A new App will be developed by CBN to enable customer to make the one off deposit within the extended 60 days.

5. A customer cannot make more than 500k deposit within this period and it cannot be splited.

6. Customer making above 500k will have to visit the CBN.

7. You cannot receive value for the deposit immediately because the money will go to a CBN GL.

8. You can only receive value Upon remittance and confirmation from CBN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Pierocash(m): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?
lol,you make me laugh.

The policy has fulfilled its purpose. Nobody will collect old notes from you. That you can deposit 500k at 5 different branches is nothing. What matters is that those billions cannot buy votes this time,no one will collect it

The CBN are mapping out ways to alleviate the innocent masses from the main targets who are the corrupt governors.

The vote buyers are holding billions not 2.5m.

Mind you,the deposit is only once ,you can't do it twice,your bvn will show it no matter how many accounts you operate

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by olahero(m): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
No good intentions about it.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by newnigerdelta00: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ahmed0336:

CBN don shoot their selves for leg.

Left for me, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.

If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope? undecided

Exactly
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by missuzoma: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
missuzoma:
Key highlights from the Banker's Committee meeting held today on the Naira Redesign

2. The old 200 naira and the new 500 and new 1000 will continue to be in circulation till 10th of April 2023.

3. The old 500 and the 1000 can be deposited into commercial bank just once within the 60days extension.

4. A new App will be developed by CBN to enable customer to make the one off deposit within the extended 60 days.

5. A customer cannot make more than 500k deposit within this period and it cannot be splited.

7. You cannot receive value for the deposit immediately because the money will go to a CBN GL.

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Demogorgon(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Make una dey try read

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by General029(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Governors will definitely win this battle
I can bet 😆

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by PointZerom: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Shut up, you are pained... you all are dying thinking you doing Tinubu

Me dying?
Come to Oseni street gate OKOTA my house is there, I will send someone to help you.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by salesbloo: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
missuzoma:

That is before today...and it pertains to CBN only
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by SleekyP(m): 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Shit is not working....Abort!!!

M1
M2
M3
Classified grin
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by salesbloo: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Demogorgon:
Make una dey try read

That is before today...and it pertains to CBN only
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by NofiuFade(m): 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Those people applauding CBN over the rubbish naira swap policy should be ashamed of themselves, is it Emefuele that start cashless policy in Nigeria? No !

He’s just creating confusion, it’s not possible to just declare the forfeiture of old naira notes , notes that’s already wildly in circulation!

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
It was a Policy targeting some people rather than to solve any real problem, yes kidnapping has stopped for now but eventually election will come and go and the new notes will be available under new government and the guys will resume. The only target is Tinubu and this policy is more like burning an entire house just to kill a mosquito thus, it will succeed to an extent for the purpose for which it was conceived but will create multiple other problems for people to deal with.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Nail24: 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jvirgin:
Atiku, pabloescoBAT and Osi-Omo-Ole will be confronted with the reality and resolve of the Nigerian people to take back their country on Election Day.

If Peter Obi does not win this election, we will be doomed.

Peter Obi, the continuity of Nigeria is solely in your hands. Please save us.

If Obi didn't win this election, it's you and your family that will be doom. I will not be doom, anybody can win this election. I don't care.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Receive Money From Abroad Via Wire Transfer Into Your Domiciliary Account / Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? / Crypto Exchanges Stop Selling USDT/USDC In Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.