Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? (23105 Views)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
Padipadi:

You aren't God.
So...your days of shame is numbered. You, Atiku, northern snakes here pretending as Igbos, the demented Igbos here, the uninformed Yorubas among you, from Buhari to Emefiele. All of you ll bath with shame water.
In fact, for mentioning Abiola, it's a sealed victory for BAT. Your wicked talk is highly noticed, though you think you are making fun and catching cruise.

The become you carefully become emotional impresses me.

Why do you bring Igbos,Yorubas and Northerners all together with different adjectives beside me?

Take a bull by its horn,do not shift ground.

Sometimes funny things are up to one at receiving end,either accept it with sense of humour or to see it wickedness.

I bring Abiola,because I believe in Nigeria and that he is inspiration to Tinibu that he too can defeat Atiku like how Abiola defeated Tofa hands-down with the help Shehu Yar Adua like How Northern governors are helping Tinubu.

May be Babangida in this time Buhari.

will there be shonekan or abacha,is what we do not know.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by NothingDoMe: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

Ok you sef continue dey believe in ur own theory dem go dey tell u people una no go hear....

They're using u people to play politics buh u will rather not think logically....

When People don't av access to the new note den was POS not milking the policy this another avenue for people to milk it again ....
How are they using him to play politics? He's just expressing his personal opinion.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by SenatePresdo(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

LoL lay ambuish on who if worst come to worst people will start buying old note from each other and turn it to business....

Don't be shock sef say na Bank staff go start to buy the old note pass

At the end of the day na still masses go lose....

Imagine parting 300naira or 200naira jus to av ur money in new currency or posted in ur bank account...

What I know is the Vote buying jargons theory as been defeated anybody wey dem pay with old note to sell his or her vote will redeem is 2k or even if na 1k successfully now....

vote buying has been defeated, thats your prayer all along. e no go better for you.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by NothingDoMe: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:
You see why APC Governors are right

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Redesign Policy is completely defeated

Am I right or wrong?
No. You have to still route it through the CBN. Funny days ahead.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by inoki247: 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
SenatePresdo:
vote buying has been defeated, thats your prayer all along. e no go better for you.

The same way he Neva beta for u cause If he don better for u....

You no go dey online dey curse people....

Bunch of Monday sit at home kid always coming online to curse people after taking drug....

Like this you've no future again na to go dey consume Sniper....
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Drsmartphilips: 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jvirgin:
Atiku, pabloescoBAT and Osi-Omo-Ole will be confronted with the reality and resolve of the Nigerian people to take back their country on Election Day.

If Peter Obi does not win this election, we will be doomed.

Peter Obi, the continuity of Nigeria is solely in your hands. Please save us.
you are mad,your brother decided to spoil Nigeria,no Igbo man should near the presidency, you guys are clowns
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Josephkabila12: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
illuminutty:
Corruption will always fight back. For your info, voters will not accept the old notes as bribe, courts are no longer accepting them as filing charges and even policemen on the road are no longer accepting them as bribe. You are on your own.

A word is enough for the wise. If you could, limit the amount of old notes in your hand. Use cashless means where possible and only resort to cash where it is unavoidably imperative.
lies, whenever you have your old notes take it to the bank and deposit it finish. That's all
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by PerfectMan24: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Am I right or wrong?
U will go to CBN website download online form and fill it. On filling the form, u will select first timer. Your bio data / information & BVN has been registered. Then u put the amount u want to deposit. If it is below 500k, u will still have another opportunity. Then u printout ur online completed form and take it to the bank of ur choice to make ur deposit.

On the other hand, if it is 500k, on ur next attempt, the platform will reject u by telling u that u have exceeded ur maximum limited. Unless u can use a different person's info such as ur friends & relatives who has not attempted it for the first time.
Remember ur BVN is the same in all the banks.
U can't be faster than ur shadows
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by jogojogo: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
adioolayi:
I don't understand all these reactionary policy statement..

There are reports of crowds at CBN offices today...CBN Governor knows he has very little offices Nationwide, why direct entire population to return the old notes via this channel only

Now that he understands CBN offices are under threat, he has to do something very fast..and have directed commercial banks to collect the old notes..in a reactionary fearful move grin cheesy grin cheesy

As the Op has said, I feel the redesign policy is defeated...even if I have one time avenue to deposit the old notes...

Every SMEs can continue to transact with old note and wait till March or April before using their one time code to make the #500k deposit slot.

We can keep saying Nigerians have huge threshold of endurance....we d I don't care attitude... it is only true, if you have not disturb their means of daily living..afterall, Nigerians provide everything by themselves, for themselves...once you affect how Nigerians feed, move, you will see madness and craze...and that's what is happening right now

It is what it is...Poorly implemented policy cannot stand the test of time.

Honestly, Emefiele is a dullard
See how he is moving back and front. So this is how to stop the vote buying and some dullard actually think this is a way to stop vote buy
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by juman(m): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
I think buhari was sincere about the redesign thing, but he is just foolish.
His aim is to force online transaction on the masses, but he pushes it too fast and too much.

Thanks to el rufai and other governors that standing up preventing us die of hunger.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Akebe83: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Akebe83:
I strongly agreed with you sir.
Note I am not saying defeated before somebody would quote me wrong.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by SenatePresdo(m): 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ijaya123:
Absolutely.

When the reasoning behind it is political rather than for economic considerations, it is bound to fail. Now people can continue to spend the old N500 and N1000 notes since banks will collect them whenever it is deposited.

Buhari and Emefailure messed up big time.

Looks like Tinubu is the man to beat in the coming election. Everything being thrown at him are not just working. Now I understand why Fashola said "Underestimate Tinubu at your own peril".

You seem like someone in serious pains. grin grin grin
most of the rural poeople that sells their votes does not have bank ccount, so they wont collect old notes because they cant spend it.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Moseshasss: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
DSC7:
It's not yet defeated...

You can deposit as much as you want but you can't withdraw as much as you want...

A CBN official said, “Go to your bank but fill the form before you go. Go with your reference code you generate. With your code, banks will collect it from you. But if it is more than 500,000, you will go to the CBN and deposit it.

I Suspect by next week CBN will close deposit.... those hiding money will still be hoping to use old notes to buy votes on election Day...
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Freebills12: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Ahmed0336:

CBN don shoot their selves for leg.

Left for me, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.

If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope? undecided

Who and who are using the old notes? Is it the CBN that will change this narrative next week knowing full well that politicians will share old notes for you to struggle with depositing it at the bank. CBN are smarter than you think... Naira redesign is ment to curtail vote buying... I know you don't like it because its only avenue for your candidate to win 2023 election.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Bluntemperor: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ahmed0336:

CBN don shoot their selves for leg.
Left for me, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.
If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope? undecided

You got it,bro!
You can only give what you have!
CBN - Emefiele have no New Naira Notes,so many Nigerians have even deposited the Old Naira Notes, without collecting the New Naira because the Commercial Banks have none in their Branches, forget about those small Managers that were made a Scape goats!
Mr Emefiele is not supposed to be there from the day he said he wanted to become a Presidential Candidate!
So,why did the President left Emefiele when other Ministers resigned at that time!
What is the performance of Emefiele while in the Office?
Today, with his last Policy- Cashless Policy,more Businesses have closed down because they run on Cash- you buy Fuel or Diesel and even pepper, tomatoes, groundnuts, onions etc on Cash!
So when the Cash is not forthcoming,they closed business! That is the reality of today!
Very Shameful indeed !
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

Are you not seeing some traps?

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by CrownLands(m): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
tolue42:

Just shut up, don't misinform the general public. Is that what CBN said?. First bank only said they will be available tomorrow 18th to collect old currency.

They don't say tomorrow is the deadline!

Wiseman!
READ THIS -

Press Release: CBN Debunks False Claims About Capacity of NSPMC Plc, Alleged Threats to Close Some Deposit Money Banks... http://ow.ly/6VPx50MQ1uX

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by CrownLands(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

How can someone be this dull

MR. INTELLIGENT.... Read this...

Press Release: CBN Debunks False Claims About Capacity of NSPMC Plc, Alleged Threats to Close Some Deposit Money Banks... http://ow.ly/6VPx50MQ1uX

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by DanAugust2021: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?
https://www.nairaland.com/7573635/did-not-authorise-commercial-banks

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by DanAugust2021: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Shut up, you are pained... you all are dying thinking you doing Tinubu
https://www.nairaland.com/7573635/did-not-authorise-commercial-banks

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by SenatePresdo(m): 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

CBN didn't give such order, they have denied it.

The policy can never be defeated grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by SenatePresdo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

The same way he Neva beta for u cause If he don better for u....

You no go dey online dey curse people....

Bunch of Monday sit at home kid always coming online to curse people after taking drug....

Like this you've no future again na to go dey consume Sniper....

Abeg no vex.. Na cruise I dey catch. E go better for you bro grin

But I hate you.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Everlastingson: 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

Your BVN is linked to all your accounts so you can't deposit more than #500k.If you try your account will be flagged. Unless you want to pay into another persons account.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by tolue42(m): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2023
CrownLands:

Wiseman!
READ THIS -

Where una dey hide head before naaa..lol.. so y'all just crawled out??

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by VictorGeneral4(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
Oluchiugo:
On the contrary the policy was to sell Tinubu as people oriented. Among the main contestants he is the only one that fought the policy. People have been asking how APC can save us from APC.....this is it. This was created to make a case for Tinubu as being people oriented thereby boosting his chances. Unfortunately Atiku n Obi fell for the decoy
u must be joking right?
The only contestant that fought against policy that has ended kidnapping and vote buying
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Padipadi: 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

The become you carefully become emotional impresses me.

Why do you bring Igbos,Yorubas and Northerners all together with different adjectives beside me?

Take a bull by its horn,do not shift ground.

Sometimes funny things are up to one at receiving end,either accept it with sense of humour or to see it wickedness.

I bring Abiola,because I believe in Nigeria and that he is inspiration to Tinibu that he too can defeat Atiku like how Abiola defeated Tofa hands-down with the help Shehu Yar Adua like How Northern governors are helping Tinubu.

May be Babangida in this time Buhari.

will there be shonekan or abacha,is what we do not know.
It's not emotional. Politics of all kinds are welcomed and situation at hand is readily predicted and prepared for. Let there be Abacha, not just Shonekan. God's will won't be thwarted. I recalled GEJ never believed Buhari ll win in 2015. Same way many chest beaters from the east, northern snakes and uninformed Yorubas were yabbing at that time. At the end, Tinubu too ll win and rule better than Buhari.
Water sarcasm you write here today ll serve as fuel for the victory.
Shebi you dey talk in parables, you still tried. Unlike some that ll lie or come out directly. In all, you all ll see the goodness of God in the life of BAT
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
Padipadi:

It's not emotional. Politics of all kinds are welcomed and situation at hand is readily predicted and prepared for. Let there be Abacha, not just Shonekan. God's will won't be thwarted. I recalled GEJ never believed Buhari ll win in 2015. Same way many chest beaters from the east, northern snakes and uninformed Yorubas were yabbing at that time. At the end, Tinubu too ll win and rule better than Buhari.
Water sarcasm you write here today ll serve as fuel for the victory.
Shebi you dey talk in parables, you still tried. Unlike some that ll lie or come out directly. In all, you all ll see the goodness of God in the life of BAT

I did not say he would not win,even Buhari campained for him.

But Abiola will be sworn in before Tinubu.

Abiola made himself president,so can Tinubu.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by egopersonified(f): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

LoL lay ambuish on who if worst come to worst people will start buying old note from each other and turn it to business....

Imagine parting 300naira or 200naira jus to av ur money in new currency or posted in ur bank account...

What I know is the Vote buying jargons theory as been defeated anybody wey dem pay with old note to sell his or her vote will redeem is 2k or even if na 1k successfully now....

I jokingly told people I will buy old 1k for N500 transfer. One boy brought 2k for me to transfer N1,000 and I declined. Only for someone else to call me this morning if I am serious about buying old notes. I was shocked. How can you sell your old notes for half the price?
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by yommen: 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

Dey deceive yourself. You think either Tinubu or Atiku will not have penetrat d the commercial banks to buy enough new notes as they want? Shay bank managers no want make money ni? Dey dere!
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by inoki247: 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
yommen:

Dey deceive yourself. You think either Tinubu or Atiku will not have penetrat d the commercial banks to buy enough new notes as they want? Shay bank managers no want make money ni? Dey dere!

LoL them say the News na fake buh if is real forget it if PoS people dey use link buy new Note for bank same can be applied on the deposit also na to dey contact ur link for bank nd be sharing the gain together.....
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

In short,they are crying and fighting just because of you?

You are smart dude

What's your point?
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by udeh3(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

Be ready for invite... When the EFCC, ICPC and DSS invites you for questioning, na dere u go know say liquid is not water

You're helping them achieve their aims and objectives already.

U tink say u wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World / Joseph Wayas Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.