Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? (23104 Views)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by ambale(m): 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Don't ever think you're smarter than somebody who layes ambush against you.

CBN knows what they're doing but if you chose to be a victim that's your business.

What these guys don't know is CBN already had them in the balls

No new notes for the election and the old notes will become useless nobody wants it at this moment

Even the hard ones besieged the CBN offices today ni crying for help

Make Dem still dey play now
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by CrownLands(m): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
DEADLINE to deposit old ₦500 and ₦1000 notes is February 18th.

Kindly read and digest.

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Goke7: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
ModCaller:
I feel sorry for whoever will win this presidential election. He won't be able to do anything serious because of sabotage.

Subsidy cannot be removed in the next 2 years by any president. Nigeria will just burn if that happens. The last few months have given us a hint to how volatile Nigeria is.

That's why Buhari didn't touch subsidy

Buhari is not smart, the guys benefiting from subsidy just need to be settled by diverting their business somewhere else by giving them another opportunity to make same money via another channel. Nigeria needs an intelligent president, GEJ and Buhari are not intellectual enough
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by CyynthiaKiss(f): 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
Aurelius1:
What's the sense in asking people to deposit their old notes when they are not going to receive new ones to solve their day to day issues? The old notes are supposed to remain legal tenders within the time frame.

It's ending on 22nd...
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by MonthlySalary: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
the redesign system was a good idea but the policy was implemented at the wrong time
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by OvisFranko: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
moscow007:
Expect more threads like this from the purveyors of fake news and disinformation branch of Thiefnibu strategic communication team.
From the very beginning of this policy, CBN have never placed limits to amount you can deposit till now.
At the very beginning of this policy CBN authorized banks to accept deposit of any amount from Nigerians, even if it's 10 billion, by the logic of this idiotic Op, dat means d policy is defeated, cheesy

If not for vote buying please explain to me why any Nigerian will still have hundreds of millions of old illegal notes in his possession, I can't wait for fools to start being arrested from next week for bearing fake old illegal 500 and 1000 naira notes

Note:Nobody is stopping you from assessing your money as insinuated by the treacherous lil midget in Kaduna.

Please deposit your old currency and transfer any amount you want to any client or customer u are dealing with.

Once again, your money is assessable to you, just transfer it, you can also request to be paid cash in 50, 100 and 200 naira note from your bank upto 500k, it must not be new notes.

Corrupt Criminals of our beloved country have been destroyed and they will stay destroyed.

It sound so nice on paper.How many banks are giving out money over the counter at the moment? The implementation of the policy is a failed one because it plunged Nigerians into suffering river.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by MonthlySalary: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
ambale:

What these guys don't know is CBN already had them in the balls

No new notes for the election and the old notes will become useless nobody wants it at this moment

Even the hard ones besieged the CBN offices today ni crying for help

Make Dem still dey play now

the question sis if its worth it
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Siwisheswereesh: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
Sure.

Piggiiddioootts are in serious pains
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Gold2882: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ahmed0336:

CBN don shoot their selves for leg.

Left for me, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.

If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope? undecided
Pls are they still collecting the old 500# & 1000# in your area
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by missuzoma: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
Key highlights from the Banker's Committee meeting held today on the Naira Redesign

1. The old 200 naira will still be legal till April 10th 2023.

2. The old 200 naira and the new 500 and new 1000 will continue to be in circulation till 10th of April 2023.

3. The old 500 and the 1000 can be deposited into commercial bank just once within the 60days extension.

4. A new App will be developed by CBN to enable customer to make the one off deposit within the extended 60 days.

5. A customer cannot make more than 500k deposit within this period and it cannot be splited.

6. Customer making above 500k will have to visit the CBN.

7. You cannot receive value for the deposit immediately because the money will go to a CBN GL.

8. You can only receive value Upon remittance and confirmation from CBN.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by tolue42(m): 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
illuminutty:

I don't expect anything less from a CORNfused person.

E pain you die... Tinubu na una Baba...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by MonthlySalary: 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
JoshTim:
I use 65k to collect 50k new notes. I never see am o, them still dey search for me. You see madness in this country. It shall not be well with anybody supporting this policy.

you fit use money find money make you still no see money..... CBN 2023
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Siwisheswereesh: 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
CrownLands:

Kindly read and digest.

How can someone be this dull
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by baralatie(m): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:

It's ending on 22nd...

I seriously doubt this because 22nd will be extended indefinitely
Since emefiele has shown contempt
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by tolue42(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
CrownLands:

Kindly read and digest.

Just shut up, don't misinform the general public. Is that what CBN said?. First bank only said they will be available tomorrow 18th to collect old currency.

They don't say tomorrow is the deadline!
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Treassured: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
The Wise and Informed people like Us already knows their Evil Plans.

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by SocialJustice: 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:
You see why APC Governors are right

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Redesign Policy is completely defeated

Am I right or wrong?
The policy is not defeated and it is better the old notes are not taken to the banks to sustain demand for cash. I told someone this morning that by December this year, the old notes will continue to be in circulation. Government does not have the power to tell citizens their money is now paper, it will cause anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by BreconHills(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jvirgin:
Atiku, pabloescoBAT and Osi-Omo-Ole will be confronted with the reality and resolve of the Nigerian people to take back their country on Election Day.

If Peter Obi does not win this election, we will be doomed.

Peter Obi, the continuity of Nigeria is solely in your hands. Please save us.

It's the hope that kills you.

Supporters of Obi and Atiku but especially those of Obi are hailing the move not knowing that the end game is no election.

The Electoral Act prescribes the amounts needed for campaigns to 5bn for a Presidential candidate, 1bn for a governor, 100m for a senator and 70m for a house of reps member. These amounts must be available to ALL candidates to draw. Has this officially been done? Can it even be done?

Where we are headed is a postponement. I expect INEC to say that they do not have the necessary logistics sometime next week and I expect that as happened in 2015 with Jonathan that the election will be postponed. The abracadabra will be where the postponement runs beyond the handing over date - then you get an Interim Government.

Please understand quite clearly that PMB is not against any candidate, neither is he for any candidate, he is for something outside of all political parties.

By the time this starts to dawn on the participants especially those who think they are being favoured right now, the political landscape will be so confused that everyone will accept the poisoned Cup of the ING.

We watch and wait.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Aurelius1(m): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
ObiDatti85:

I can spend the old notes at mama Ngozi provision shop she will go and deposit it inside her bank account
Mama Ngozi would find it difficult restocking because once she makes a one time deposit of 500k it would take a month or more for her to get credited. I f she accepts more than 500k old notes she looses.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by ModCaller: 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goke7:

Buhari is not smart, the guys benefiting from subsidy just need to be settled by diverting their business somewhere else by giving them another opportunity to make same money via another channel. Nigeria needs an intelligent president, GEJ and Buhari are not intellectual enough

Those people see what you and I cannot see.

If you remove subsidy, price of everything in Nigeria will triple within a week.

You noticed what happened when fuel price rose to 500 per liter? That's just an idea of what will happen when subsidy is finally removed.

We all think our leaders are stupid. Buhari also thought GEJ was a silly little man until Buhari entered Aso Rock and saw reality.

Nigeria was built on subsidy. Education, health, and energy have always been subsidized. Removing it will radically change the temperature of the country.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Buksaylor: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Don't ever think you're smarter than somebody who layes ambush against you.

CBN knows what they're doing but if you chose to be a victim that's your business.

Don't mind them you can deposit but can you withdrawal it...
Probably after the elections,abi?
Then if you can't before the election,the policy is in line.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Padipadi: 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

Mark my "moniker".

We will make the day of your Victory as a remembrance day like that of Chied Abiola.

Your victory will be celebrated every year and Tinubu will have many government properties named after him.

We love you,we love Abiola and Tinubu man.

But Abiola will first be sworn in,then Tinubu.
You aren't God.
So...your days of shame is numbered. You, Atiku, northern snakes here pretending as Igbos, the demented Igbos here, the uninformed Yorubas among you, from Buhari to Emefiele. All of you ll bath with shame water.
In fact, for mentioning Abiola, it's a sealed victory for BAT. Your wicked talk is highly noticed, though you think you are making fun and catching cruise.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by deyplay: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:
You see why APC Governors are right

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Redesign Policy is completely defeated

Am I right or wrong?
and who will collect it from you? If you are lucky to give it to someone, who will collect it from another person. Nobody will even collect the old notes from politicians because it has baggage. Can state governors fight CBN and president at the same time?
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
ObiDatti85:

I can spend the old notes at mama Ngozi provision shop she will go and deposit it inside her bank account
But again, she must obtain CBN code which is likely online. Will she be willing to do that?
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by syntekelite(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
illuminutty:
Corruption will always fight back. For your info, voters will not accept the old notes as bribe, courts are no longer accepting them as filing charges and even policemen on the road are no longer accepting them as bribe. You are on your own.

A word is enough for the wise. If you could, limit the amount of old notes in your hand. Use cashless means where possible and only resort to cash where it is unavoidably imperative.

Thats why i always tell people who have never played the game of power or eaten with those in power that politics is for devious minds..
People will collect old notes with the confidence that their candidate will reverse the cbn policy, simple logic.. this election is for the best buyer of votes.. cos cbn just made even the most principled broke,unable to access his or her cash , hungry and desperate..
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Teenaira: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jvirgin:
Atiku, pabloescoBAT and Osi-Omo-Ole will be confronted with the reality and resolve of the Nigerian people to take back their country on Election Day.

If Peter Obi does not win this election, we will be doomed.

Peter Obi, the continuity of Nigeria is solely in your hands. Please save us.

But you people are Biafrans now, why are you so interested in saving your enemy ?
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by syntekelite(m): 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
moscow007:
Expect more threads like this from the purveyors of fake news and disinformation branch of Thiefnibu strategic communication team.
From the very beginning of this policy, CBN have never placed limits to amount you can deposit till now.
At the very beginning of this policy CBN authorized banks to accept deposit of any amount from Nigerians, even if it's 10 billion, by the logic of this idiotic Op, dat means d policy is defeated, cheesy

If not for vote buying please explain to me why any Nigerian will still have hundreds of millions of old illegal notes in his possession, I can't wait for fools to start being arrested from next week for bearing fake old illegal 500 and 1000 naira notes

Note:Nobody is stopping you from assessing your money as insinuated by the treacherous lil midget in Kaduna.

Please deposit your old currency and transfer any amount you want to any client or customer u are dealing with.

Once again, your money is assessable to you, just transfer it, you can also request to be paid cash in 50, 100 and 200 naira note from your bank upto 500k, it must not be new notes.

Corrupt Criminals of our beloved country have been destroyed and they will stay destroyed.

Which of the banks?? The ones that have been closed since monday or the ones opened but have empty vaults.. i mean you sure sey you dey naija so??
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by onatisi(m): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
I love what is happening.
APC GOVERNORS SABOTAGING APC PRESIDENT AND MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE A WICKED PRESIDENT EXACTLY THE SAME WAY THEY SABOTAGED GEJ GOVERNMENT AND MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A BAD LEADER
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by bluefilm: 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
To me, it has been completely defeated.

Had it been the redesign policy makers knew, they would have just redesigned only the 500 and 1000 naira notes.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by udemzyudex(m): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
It is still working because if you take the cash to Bank,you will only get credited and won't be given cash,any cash will be new money which is not even in circulation again.

You're not smart enough to understand what CBN is doing, CBN is creating panick among Nigerians, note that theres no too much cash in circulation,and the new notes is not much.
Did you see the number of people in front of CBN office today? A lot of people will deposit the cash into their Bank and won't go back with cash, thereby still reducing the inflow of cash in the society.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by adecz: 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
Unless na different names you
dey use, if not your BVN will give
you away.

Remember that, if you take loan
from example access bank and you
no wan pay, the system will locate
your GTB, First Bank or UBA accounts
that have money and take your money
from there to pay Access.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World / Joseph Wayas Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.