Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? (23100 Views)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by shegra58: 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Don't ever think you're smarter than somebody who layes ambush against you.

CBN knows what they're doing but if you chose to be a victim that's your business.
CBN know nothing that are been defeated wink
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Akebe83: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
I strongly agreed with you sir.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by rickleye: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:
You see why APC Governors are right

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Redesign Policy is completely defeated

Am I right or wrong?

Just add this to the long list of self inflicting injuries or friendly fire.
You’ll never hear of this mess in developed countries.
CBN must be stupid to think owners of banks do not have relationships with politicians or influencers who have access to new notes.
when you have APC governors suing an APC FGN then you know you never had the support of those whom you should have at the beginning.
People are dying ; using money to get access to their own money ; each state is issuing their own laws . Why not save face and let both currencies exist said by side till April .
Save whatever legacy of yours is left or history will not be kind to you
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by BeauBragnar11: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
500k per BVN, get your facts right

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by switlily25(f): 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jvirgin:
Atiku, pabloescoBAT and Osi-Omo-Ole will be confronted with the reality and resolve of the Nigerian people to take back their country on Election Day.

If Peter Obi does not win this election, we will be doomed.

Peter Obi, the continuity of Nigeria is solely in your hands. Please save us.

Please remove Atiku from your delusions and face your Obi!
Obi wont win this election,you’ll be doomed and Nigeria will move on!

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by leisuretym: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Gadafii:
that’s the cashless policy we are talking about, you and I know that if I bought goods from you worth 350k and I want to pay you in the old notes right now you won’t accept, rather you would suggest I transfer the money to your account, but you are definitely not going to accept old notes in that sum

If you want to keep spending and accepting old notes, no wahala the president have spoken and nothing go happen just like before when he makes anti people policy and nothing happens

My question is why is elrufai suddenly interest in the “masses” southern kaduna is bleeding he hasn’t done anything about that, he’s definitely hiding a huge skeleton in his cupboard

Hell rufai need cash to pay the hatchet 🪓 men operating in southern kaduna I guess, he cant transfer to the bandits nah, he’ll be caught by Financial Intelligence Units

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by asksteve(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Am I right or wrong?

CBN said, go to their portal, fill and print the form and get the token then take same and the cash not more than 500k to your bank where it can now be accepted.
You can also get the form at the CBN office close to u.

Any amount above 500k will only be deposited at the CBN office in your state of residence.

Meaning u still need CBN approval for your bank to accept the old notes from u as they won't without the CBN token.

This was done to decongest the CBN offices nationwide.

Do u ever think BVN and NIN will not be mandatory?

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by ModCaller: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
I feel sorry for whoever will win this presidential election. He won't be able to do anything serious because of sabotage.

Subsidy cannot be removed in the next 2 years by any president. Nigeria will just burn if that happens. The last few months have given us a hint to how volatile Nigeria is.

That's why Buhari didn't touch subsidy

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by EnterpriseMan: 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?
You're wrong and a clown. An enemy of Nigeria

And you cannot deposit into 5 different accounts

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:

No, it has not been defeated and can never be defeated!!

You can only deposit your old note; but you can't use it..
They only helped you to reduce the stress of depositing it at the CBN ...

Nobody is or will collect old cash.. Those that still have theirs have been given an opportunity to visit any bank around to deposit it, not CBN...

Guess what, the situation will escalate more next week because after depositing the old note, the new note is not yet fully accessible
I was lost when I read the Op.

The CBN directive was clear. Deposit them at your bank after getting cbn code, but they continue to be non legal tenders.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by TheChameleon: 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ijaya123:
Absolutely.

When the reasoning behind it is political rather than for economic considerations, it is bound to fail. Now people can continue to spend the old N500 and N1000 notes since banks will collect them whenever it is deposited.

Buhari and Emefailure messed up big time.

Looks like Tinubu is the man to beat in the coming election. Everything being thrown at him are not just working. Now I understand why Fashola said "Underestimate Tinubu at your own peril".

This comment should be framed.

Last paragraph especially

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Padipadi(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

You eat even those that act like cows?

No,we are not hurting Chief Tinubu,we even give him flag and campaigned for him. But Tinubu keeps saying the target is against him,maybe he is laughing that it would not hurt him?

Tinubu is miles ahead of us from Abuja to Lagos,just that we are trillions of miles above him for ever.

Do not disown your tribe,it is good to be from the most loyal tribes.
No one is dis-owning tribe.
But I ll accept all you v to say now cos victory is ahead.
But I don mark your moniker.
You ll be treated in the language you understand in fullness of time just like Buhari promised Igbos.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Ransomtheking(m): 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
How can this old notes stop being legal tender when they can still be deposited in banks,
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
DSC7:
It's not yet defeated...

You can deposit as much as you want but you can't withdraw as much as you want...

A CBN official said, “Go to your bank but fill the form before you go. Go with your reference code you generate. With your code, banks will collect it from you. But if it is more than 500,000, you will go to the CBN and deposit it.
But wait o, I'm beginning to think you can as well spend the money and the trader will take it to the bank as his
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by DMerciful(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
The money is not available to you immediately until after investigation
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Cantonese: 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

The joke will be on you, unfortunately, if you believe that the policy is defeated.

Old notes have become outdated everywhere in Lagos. The market people have since stopped buying or selling with the old notes. Buses have been rejecting them, and that's with the order of Sanwo Olu in Lagos.

We can use Lagos to measure what happening in the rest of the SW. What happens in Lagos has a spill over effect in the rest of the SW especially and in a lot of cases, the rest of the country. Do not forget that Lagos is the commercial capital of the entire federation.

The SE and SS have rejected the old notes and they are no longer usable there. How can you reverse that?

The CBN knows the tricks that the public will apply. They know that people with several accounts will use several banks. Ask yourself how easy you can find it to deposit in the banks, with the long queues daily.

The gra gra of the governors will not help. Everyone has listened to the FG. No reasonable market person wants to listen to El rufai or Ganduje. No one wants to take the risk anymore.

The wahala finally is on the politicians, BDCs and criminal gangs across all parties and the country. Now they are the ones who struggle with the matter.

4 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Oluchiugo: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

That is it.

So tell your tribesmen to calm down,stop protest,Buhari is doing this for Tinubu win.

hhhh
I am sure that with this last directive for banks to collect the old notes protests will stop as the aim has been achieved. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:
wait and see where they are heading to

this matter is first for vote buying.

Before 25th,the last order will come.

Politicians already have hoarded the new notes for buying and again even politicians can buy with foreign currency.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
Padipadi:

No one is dis-owning tribe.
But I ll accept all you v to say now cos victory is ahead.
But I don mark your moniker.
You ll be treated in the language you understand in fullness of time just like Buhari promised Igbos.

Mark my "moniker".

We will make the day of your Victory as a remembrance day like that of Chied Abiola.

Your victory will be celebrated every year and Tinubu will have many government properties named after him.

We love you,we love Abiola and Tinubu man.

But Abiola will first be sworn in,then Tinubu.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by pointblankeirie: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
Pierocash:
lol,you make me laugh.

The policy has fulfilled its purpose. Nobody will collect old notes from you. That you can deposit 500k at 5 different branches is nothing. What matters is that those billions cannot buy votes this time,no one will collect it

The CBN are mapping out ways to alleviate the innocent masses from the main targets who are the corrupt governors.
They are holding billions correct... but these billions will be distributed in thousands to to each party structure.... governors .... ward chairmen.... different party officials.....e.t.c.... so vote buying still persist

The vote buyers are holding billions not 2.5m.

Mind you,the deposit is only once ,you can't do it twice,your bvn will show it no matter how many accounts you operate
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by DMerciful(m): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
You think you're smarter. The money you deposit is not immediately credited to your account. It would be checked and only released if its legitimate
Tayorshd2:
Yes oo because they have ordered banks to start collecting the old 500 and 1000 now grin

Emefiele is clueless about leadership's
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by missuzoma: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
Cantonese:

The joke will be on you, unfortunately, if you believe that the policy is defeated.

Old notes have become outdated everywhere in Lagos. The market people have since stopped buying or selling with the old notes. Buses have been rejecting them, and that's with the order of Sanwo Olu in Lagos.

We can use Lagos to measure what happening in the rest of the SW. What happens in Lagos has a spill over effect in the rest of the SW especially and in a lot of cases, the rest of the country. Do not forget that Lagos is the commercial capital of the entire federation.

The SE and SS have rejected the old notes and they are no longer usable there. How can you reverse that?

The CBN knows the tricks that the public will apply. They know that people with several accounts will use several banks. Ask yourself how easy you can find it to deposit in the banks, with the long queues daily.

The gra gra of the governors will not help. Everyone has listened to the FG. No reasonable market person wants to listen to El rufai or Ganduje. No one wants to take the risk anymore.

The wahala finally is on the politicians, BDCs and criminal gangs across all parties and the country. Now they are the ones who struggle with the matter.
Key highlights from the Banker's Committee meeting held today on the Naira Redesign

1. The old 200 naira will still be legal till April 10th 2023.

2. The old 200 naira and the new 500 and new 1000 will continue to be in circulation till 10th of April 2023.

3. The old 500 and the 1000 can be deposited into commercial bank just once within the 60days extension.

4. A new App will be developed by CBN to enable customer to make the one off deposit within the extended 60 days.

5. A customer cannot make more than 500k deposit within this period and it cannot be splited.

6. Customer making above 500k will have to visit the CBN.

7. You cannot receive value for the deposit immediately because the money will go to a CBN GL.

8. You can only receive value Upon remittance and confirmation from CBN.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by chichriso: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Cantonese:

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by baralatie(m): 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
ShenTeh:

While you may be right from your perspective of the short window period given by the CBN, I also strongly believe that 4 months is enough for anyone who truly wanted to comply, to be able to offload on the CBN.

Remember, the issue we have is insufficient new notes, not q to deposit . Secondly, the FG has always had a cashless policy which a lot of the people didn't comply with. For God sake, why would anyone have about N50 million in cash, (there was a video of one man at CBN yesterday). What was he waiting for?

All those people braving bullets to vandalize and loot banks are opportunistic thieves who would find it difficult to prove that they have any money in the banks they are destroying.
You are reinforcing my said argument.
To mop cash into bank vault is easy
It becomes suicidal when you say you want to mop all active notes knowing fully well you don't have alternative solution or a working platform to sustain you financial system.
It is basically crashing the economy

Let me give you a very simple example
The banking was able to do it's best .now only cbn to come and collect #500 and #100 notes. cbn portal crashed.this is cbn o.
We have not gone into the problems that cbn created o grin
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by LegendHero(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
Demogorgon:
lmao, you think CBN will credit you automatically? You'll have to wait till after 4 weeks after intense verification

Even if it's to wait 20 weeks, so far you will be credited, no cause for alarm.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
BestMan001:
No

Make sure you vote Peter Obi on Saturday

Reality will hit you few days from now!

Hello! Peter cannot win!
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by mysteriousD: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
You are depositing money that will pass through the CBN GL and reflect in your account after 1 or 2 months ....as a business owner even if u take the money how will you cope with the cashflow ...........think
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Icumsa45:

Politicians already have hoarded the new notes for buying and again even politicians can buy with foreign currency.

In short,they are crying and fighting just because of you?

You are smart dude
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by correctguy101(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ahmed0336:

CBN don shoot their selves for leg.

Left for me, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.

If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope?
undecided

That's the problem in the streets as we speak.

Almost everyone has deposited their cash, now most people are stranded and left with little to do but bear with the exorbitant withdrawal rates from POS operators.

Is the problem about redesign or distribution?
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Aurelius1(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:

No, it has not been defeated and can never be defeated!!

You can only deposit your old note; but you can't use it..
They only helped you to reduce the stress of depositing it at the CBN ...

Nobody is or will collect old cash.. Those that still have theirs have been given an opportunity to visit any bank around to deposit it, not CBN...

Guess what, the situation will escalate more next week because after depositing the old note, the new note is not yet fully accessible
What's the sense in asking people to deposit their old notes when they are not going to receive new ones to solve their day to day issues? The old notes are supposed to remain legal tenders within the time frame.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by illuminutty: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
tolue42:

Abeg wise up.. CBN don put una for handicap...once Tinubu win the election by next week, we'll have no reason to even deposit the money again self...Emefile will need to seek asylum in the UK

I don't expect anything less from a CORNfused person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World / Joseph Wayas Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.