Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? (23107 Views)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by muykem: 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
It's always resolve in favour of Tinubu stand on issue.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Gabby84: 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:
You see why APC Governors are right

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Redesign Policy is completely defeated

Am I right or wrong?

You are wrong even if truebu can deposit it the money would be in your account. U still don't have physical cash. Vote buying is done with physical cash. And the maximum amount you can deposit is 500k how person with 100million wan take do am

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by DispatcherLagos: 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nigerians are half illiterates walahi.
CBN said you can go to the bank and deposit your 500 and 1000 currencies after getting a code online.

Now let me explain....a code can only be obtained once by any individual and the maximum amount that can be deposited using a single code is 500k.

This implies that once you get and use a code to deposit once, CBN assumes you have deposited all the old currencies with you and next time you try to obtain a code, it will be rejected.

6 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by WarriorHero: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
APC is also completely defeated. We are tired of 8 years of stupidity. Time to give someone else a chance to prove themselves.

salesbloo:

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Am I right or wrong?

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Goke7: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
missuzoma:
Key highlights from the Banker's Committee meeting held today on the Naira Redesign

1. The old 200 naira will still be legal till April 10th 2023.

2. The old 200 naira and the new 500 and new 1000 will continue to be in circulation till 10th of April 2023.

3. The old 500 and the 1000 can be deposited into commercial bank just once within the 60days extension.

4. A new App will be developed by CBN to enable customer to make the one off deposit within the extended 60 days.

5. A customer cannot make more than 500k deposit within this period and it cannot be splited.

6. Customer making above 500k will have to visit the CBN.

7. You cannot receive value for the deposit immediately because the money will go to a CBN GL.

8. You can only receive value Upon remittance and confirmation from CBN.

they are still playing, all these will be useless after the elections, shebi they don't want elections to hold? they have lost the battle already by continuing to shift grounds after all the shakara, kolewerk
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by OhiOfIhima: 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

You're not wise at all... This is where the bvn will come into play.
All banks are seeing the other Banks your reg with ur bvn, so, don't be surprised after making ur first rightly deposit of 500k, by try to corner the CBN directives, you go just hear say the bank teller will tell you, Oga u don first deposit for this so so bank. Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Padipadi: 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

Leave that to me.

But I am sure 100% Abiola will be president of Nigeria before Tinubu.

Thanks for reminding Nigerians about Abiola.
You ll indeed incure the wrath of Yorubas. Bloody northern slave. A born throwaway child.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by baralatie(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ahmed0336:

CBN don shoot their selves for leg.

Left for me, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.

If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope? undecided
The confusion and stress continues
The temptation to cause riots continues
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by ShenTeh(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
One of the issues with Nigeria is that we dont take ourselves serious.

We have been spoilt with shifting deadlines, which may be the reason why some people didnt take the initial CBN directive seriously.

Nigerians are used to having deadlines adjusted too many often.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Demogorgon(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
CBN said you can go to the bank and deposit your 500 and 1000 currencies after getting a code online.

Now let me explain....a code can only be obtained once by any individual and the maximum amount that can be deposited using a single code is 500k.

This implies that once you get and use a code to deposit once, CBN assumes you have deposited all the old currencies with you and next time you try to obtain a code, it will be rejected.
It's so sickening. Educated illiterates. They don't read to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Oluchiugo: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
I just dey laff for here......sebi Dem say na to curb vote buying. Sebi those politicians go use those old naira notes wey Dem don gather on election day now hahahaha. I duff my cap for politicians biko
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by PeterObi4LP: 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Am I right or wrong?

Nursery School pupils talk.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Demogorgon(m): 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

One even said he can deposit 500k to different accounts when cbn clearly stated it's 500k per BVN

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
Padipadi:

Thanks for reminding Nigerians about Abiola.
You ll indeed incure the wrath of Yorubas. Bloody northern slave. A born throwaway child.

why the anger?

I just respect your heroes by putting them in order,shey Tinubu is not junior to Abiola?

Yoruba gods fear cows,I do not know why? Maybe they are grass?

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by kennyz247(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Don't ever think you're smarter than somebody who layes ambush against you.

CBN knows what they're doing but if you chose to be a victim that's your business.
my broda,CBN are all bunch of clowns with no direction
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Demogorgon(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
PeterObi4LP:

Nursery School pupils talk.
They're illiterates. The question is, Are the old N500 and N1000 legal tender? if no, let's see how they're continue using it

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Johnkennie(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Redesigned of naira is not the issue... The issue is how can you be rejecting Nigeria currency in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Manofnaija: 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
The naira redesign policy is defeated because the evil politicians knew what was coming, they arranged with their bankers and hijacked the new notes. That's the reason the masses are short changed and FG is indirectly returning to square one.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by baralatie(m): 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
ShenTeh:
One of the issues with Nigeria is that we dont take ourselves serious.

We have been spoilt with shifting deadlines, which may be the reason why some people didnt take the initial CBN directive seriously.

Nigerians are used to havind deadlines adjusted to many often.
You are wrong in this!
The issues is that the cbn totally misunderstood what it would take to execute this cash swap policy alongside the constraints involved.
It is easy to compel money that is been stashed in vaults to be moved into the banks but when you now say you want to withdraw the he whole note in active circulation .that is a totally different problem.to now say you won't to withdraw the whole active notes under 3 to 4 months without a working system in place.its just saying you want to crush the economy

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by LegendHero(m): 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:

No, it has not been defeated and can never be defeated!!

You can only deposit your old note; but you can't use it..
They only helped you to reduce the stress of depositing it at the CBN ...

Nobody is or will collect old cash.. Those that still have theirs have been given an opportunity to visit any bank around to deposit it, not CBN...

Guess what, the situation will escalate more next week because after depositing the old note, the new note is not yet fully accessible

You don’t know what you are saying. If the policy is done to defeat vote buying, then it has failed even with the bolded statement from you.

Can’t I just sell my vote and then go ahead and deposit the money in the bank after election? Have you thought about that?

So if my bolded statement is true, hasn’t the essence of naira change to curb vote buying defeated already?

People selling votes can get their cash on election day, then go ahead to the bank to deposit it at their convenience and their account get credited with the amount.

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Demogorgon(m): 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
Oluchiugo:
I just dey laff for here......sebi Dem say na to curb vote buying. Sebi those politicians go use those old naira notes wey Dem don gather on election day now hahahaha. I duff my cap for politicians biko
If them give you 5k old notes, where you wan spend am?

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Brushstrokes20: 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
Spot on!.... Only a stupid man sets his farm on fire because he wants to kill a rat undecided undecided

ENOUGH OF NONSENSE undecided
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by baralatie(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
Johnkennie:
Redesigned of naira is not the issue... The issue is how can you be rejecting Nigeria currency in Nigeria
Emefiele theory
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Demogorgon(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
LegendHero:

You don’t know what you are saying. If the policy is done to defeat vote buying, then it has failed even with the bolded statement from you.

Can’t I just sell my vote and then go ahead and deposit the money in the bank after election? Have you thought about that?

So if my bolded statement is true, hasn’t the essence of naira change to curb vote buying defeated already?

People selling votes can get their cash on election day, then go ahead to the bank to deposit it at their convenience and their account get credited with the amount.
lmao, you think CBN will credit you automatically? You'll have to wait till after 4 weeks after intense verification

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
Keep using ur old note nothing dey happen na ur papa be CBN😂😁🤣
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by DispatcherLagos: 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
Demogorgon:
One even said he can deposit 500k to different accounts when cbn clearly stated it's 500k per BVN
Ikegwuru grin
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Padipadi: 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

why the anger?

I just respect your heroes by putting them in order,shey Tinubu is not junior to Abiola?

Yoruba gods fear cows,I do not know why? Maybe they are grass?
Sure. Cows are revered in India not Nigeria.
We eat cows here. Same with people that act like cow. Or you sef go like do like cow make dem chop you?
Cos in your myopic life, you ll think you are hurting Tinubu but he's miles ahead of you.
Meanwhile, I m not a Yoruba person but respect them cos they are rare gems in Nigeria
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by ObiDatti85(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
CyynthiaKiss:

No, it has not been defeated and can never be defeated!!

You can only deposit your old note; but you can't use it..
They only helped you to reduce the stress of depositing it at the CBN ...

Nobody is or will collect old cash.. Those that still have theirs have been given an opportunity to visit any bank around to deposit it, not CBN...

Guess what, the situation will escalate more next week because after depositing the old note, the new note is not yet fully accessible

I can spend the old notes at mama Ngozi provision shop she will go and deposit it inside her bank account
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Triangles1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
adioolayi:
I don't understand all these reactionary policy statement..

There are reports of crowds at CBN offices today...CBN Governor knows he has very little offices Nationwide, why direct entire population to return the old notes via this channel only

Now that he understands CBN offices are under threat, he has to do something very fast..and have directed commercial banks to collect the old notes..in a reactionary fearful move grin cheesy grin cheesy

As the Op has said, I feel the redesign policy is defeated...even if I have one time avenue to deposit the old notes...

Every SMEs can continue to transact with old note and wait till March or April before using their one time code to make the #500k deposit slot.

We can keep saying Nigerians have huge threshold of endurance....we have I don't care attitude... it is only true, if you have not disturb their means of daily living..afterall, Nigerians provide everything by themselves, for themselves...once you affect how Nigerians feed, move, you will see madness and craze...and that's what is happening right now

It is what it is...Poorly implemented policy cannot stand the test of time.

You're absolutely right.
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by tolue42(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
illuminutty:
Corruption will always fight back. For your info, voters will not accept the old notes as bribe, courts are no longer accepting them as filing charges and even policemen on the road are no longer accepting them as bribe. You are on your own.

A word is enough for the wise. If you could, limit the amount of old notes in your hand. Use cashless means where possible and only resort to cash where it is unavoidably imperative.

What are you saying?? When CBN already ask banks to collect it from us??
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Demogorgon(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

That is before today...and it pertains to CBN only
lmao. Dey play

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World / Joseph Wayas Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.