Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,408 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. (4277 Views)

Atheist Are Very Useless / Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. / Why Are Religious Houses Closing Down To Depend On Science For Cure? (COVID-19) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:24am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
calling me homophobe will be blackmailing me
Do you know the definition of Homophobe? If you don't fit the bill, I wonder who does?

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:26am On Mar 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Man is not the maker of criminal law, God is.

But because men fought God to let them rule themselves, they started making their own laws which is where they created the laws known as legal.

And yet legal is so weak that it cannot stand at all except it is connected to God's Laws.

Law comes from God and even though man created their own legal and can determine that he would punish you for anything, in the end you are still going to answer to God, The Law!

That is where every homosexual, and adulterer and fornicator is in trouble.
How often do you smoke weed?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:29am On Mar 05, 2023
TheSourcerer:
I guess no stats and it's just in my head then , then again I don't care lol Faggotts the longest I've spoken on this topic
Jesus I sound so crude to hate , again I really wish I didn't hate them , I'm a freethinking Taoist, I don't hate I have learned not to hate , but this homosexual thing it really is biologically ingrained to hate them and yes as with other races hating on other races or animals against animals I am not compelled at all to love them really I don't know why
See a shrink. You're a pathological hater

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:32am On Mar 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

We already have a right to kill atheists and other devils.

The Law says evil must be killed. That is why we have the death penalty.

Evil people are just lucky and unlucky that God allowed men to rule themselves and create their own laws called legal with which they use to do anything they like, so therefore this Law cannot be peacefullly enforced.
See, TheSourcerer. Look at this guy's post right here. He hates atheists. Calls them devils and all sorts of slurs. Threatens to kill them without provocation. If you give him a gun, he would kill an atheist. Without provocation. Sound familiar?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:33am On Mar 05, 2023
LordReed:

@TheSourcerer
Lol. Same shit that went through my head

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:35am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
the U.S is threatening Visa ban. We all know what that means
Its still their country. Not yours

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:37am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
it's not just visa ban, including economic sanctions. If I show you that, you will move the goalpost again
Economic sanctions simply means not giving out handouts or money. Its still their money. Don't get it. How can I threaten you with my own money? Its my money, I can choose who to give it to

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:45am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
It creates new public health challenges.
As matter of fact, it can increase the transmission of STIs within a society by many folds.

So can I hear some of the benefits, so we can see how it outweighs the risks and then know how to sell it to other nations?
Are you aware lesbians are less likely to have STDs?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:51am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Why is it very hard for you to confirm anything I infer on Google instead of loading me with questions.

It's very easy to browse these things, I have been spoonfeeding you all through this thread.

Does the risk of allowing homosexuality thrive outweigh thr benefits?
If it does, then why do you need to force it down the throat of other countries. It wouldn't be so hard to sell if it does.
1.Their point is to accept people, irrespective of their sexual orientation, religion, gender etc
2. Define 'Forcing it down the throat?`

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 12:53am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Do you know the definition of Homophobe? If you don't fit the bill, I wonder who does?
yes I do. I don't have irrational dislike for homosexuality. My reasons are very rational
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 12:53am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

1.Their point is to accept people, irrespective of their sexual orientation, religion, gender etc
nope, their point is to make it a culture as they have made it there. They are doing it subtly.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 12:54am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

2. By sanctioning countries who won't accept it
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 12:59am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
So high risk of transmission of STIs associated with gays is not a health challenge?
Is that a building or construction challenge?

Lol 😂
Are lesbians gays or not?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 1:00am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
2. By sanctioning countries who won't accept it
If I say i won't give you my money, why is that a problem for you? I'm entitled to who I give my money to. Earn your own money and give it to whom you like

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 1:02am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Then highlight those benefits of LGBTQ that outweighs its risk that will persuade non-westerb countries to accepting it?

Give me the list. I am just admiring your inability to personally check things for yourself. There are many diseases that are prevalent within LGBTQ community and its not rocket science STIs pread after within that community.
Can u name them please
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 1:18am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Are lesbians gays or not?
nope, they are not. Why did you ask?
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 1:19am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Can u name them please
go through the thread. I have been naming them. Go through
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 2:01am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
is it not the same thing I mentioned? an ideal atheist is not smart enough to know that there's bad science and not all discoveries of science should be adopted else you will make bad situations worse. Atheism is a subset of scientism, it's close-minded and always exaggerates trust in science. You guys always think science is absolute.
There are many examples of bad science out there, ranging from development of atomic bombs, bioweapon etc. Discoveries that can make us go extinct before anybody knowing it.
Of what benefit is even developing nuclear weapons.
It's why countries like Japan never make, it's not like they don't have the capacity to.

There are exceptions for everything in nature, it's why we have congenital disorder. It doesn't mean you should make it normal. It should be treated as a congenital disored like hypothyroidism, sickle sell etc. I have never seen where someone living with sicke cell anemia is trying to influence normal people to live with it. It's the problem we are having with LGBTQ community. If you have a condition that makes you have such character, then it's understandable and it should be treated as a condition, just as we regard other congenital issues like Albinism. , don't make it a norm. Don't influence others, Albinos don't try to make others Albinos.

nonsense, homosexuality is not a norm within animals. Especially mammals, it's rare to see. This is a laughable excuse.
homosexuality is censored in China
homosexuality was not normal, you re making things up. It existed but not normal. It's not a norm here. Unless you have another definition for what's normal.
faulty deduction fallacy.
Because homosexuality was practiced by some Africans in history is not a ground to reach the conclusion that's was norm, the reasoning is flawed. We have to study the proportion at which homosexuality was practice against pure heterosexualty to be able to reach a conclusion.
1. Science makes good and bad stuff , but you need to have a big gun to enforce peace. You can't enforce peace with words alone.
2. No, atheism isn't a subset of scientism or scientology. Those are different concepts and different definitions and science isn't close-minded. If it was no laws would be discarded
3. Japan decided to go non-nuclear because of the nasty experiences they had fromthe bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima
4. Hypothyroidism isn't congenital, bro.
Also LGBTQ Isn't forcing you to be gay, they just want you to treat them as regular peeps. I hope you can read. So your analogy sucks
5. Homosexuality is normal in animals. A dolphin is a mammal and practices homosexuality regularly.
Read up https://facts.net/homosexual-animals-facts/
6. These are recent articles from Chinese sources. Maybe you need to read up and cure yourself of ignorance.
http://www.china.org.cn/english/2001/Oct/21394.htm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/business/international/china-gay-homosexuality-textbooks-lawsuit.html

7. You really need to read up on homosexuality on Ancient Africa. I did researches on it years ago.
This is some excerpts
Prior to European colonisation, throughout the African continent we see far different, more relaxed attitudes towards sexual orientation and gender identity. As far back as 2400 BC tombs have been excavated in ancient Egypt with two men’s bodies Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep embracing each other as lovers. In addition to their acceptance of same sex relationships, Ancient Egyptians, similar to other civilisations at the time not only acknowledge a third gender, but venerate it. Many deities were portrayed androgynously, and goddesses such as Mut (the goddess of Motherhood; lit. translation Mother) and Sekmeht (goddess of war) are often depicted as women with erect joysticks.
Source
https://www.stonewall.org.uk/about-us/news/african-sexuality-and-legacy-imported-homophobia

Read up some more

In Boy-Wives and Female Husbands, a book examining homosexuality and feminism in Africa, the researchers found ‘‘explicit” Bushman artwork that depicts men engaging in same-sex sexual activity. There have been other indicators that the transition from boyhood to adulthood within many African ethnic groups involved same-sex sexual activities
Source https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/09/being-gay-african-history-homosexuality-christianity

Bottom line: we were once gay loving mothafuckers before the White Men told us it was wrong.
Currently, they are telling us that it is right

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Xxxxtentacion2: 2:40am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
it irritates me.
And then they call you homophobic. Wtf.

It's not a norm here, don't blackmail people into accepting a western norm
Just accept you are homophobic...
I dont see how what people choose to do with their dicks affects you in any way.....
Nobody has ever pointed a gun at you and forced you to become gay..
Stop the discrimination, science does not have anything to do with being gay...
Gays have always existed right from time...

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 8:34am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Science makes good and bad stuff , but you need to have a big gun to enforce peace. You can't enforce peace with words alone.
2. No, atheism isn't a subset of scientism or scientology. Those are different concepts and different definitions and science isn't close-minded. If it was no laws would be discarded
3. Japan decided to go non-nuclear because of the nasty experiences they had fromthe bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima
4. Hypothyroidism isn't congenital, bro.
Also LGBTQ Isn't forcing you to be gay, they just want you to treat them as regular peeps. I hope you can read. So your analogy sucks
5. Homosexuality is normal in animals. A dolphin is a mammal and practices homosexuality regularly.
Read up https://facts.net/homosexual-animals-facts/
6. These are recent articles from Chinese sources. Maybe you need to read up and cure yourself of ignorance.
http://www.china.org.cn/english/2001/Oct/21394.htm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/business/international/china-gay-homosexuality-textbooks-lawsuit.html

7. You really need to read up on homosexuality on Ancient Africa. I did researches on it years ago.
This is some excerpts
Prior to European colonisation, throughout the African continent we see far different, more relaxed attitudes towards sexual orientation and gender identity. As far back as 2400 BC tombs have been excavated in ancient Egypt with two men’s bodies Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep embracing each other as lovers. In addition to their acceptance of same sex relationships, Ancient Egyptians, similar to other civilisations at the time not only acknowledge a third gender, but venerate it. Many deities were portrayed androgynously, and goddesses such as Mut (the goddess of Motherhood; lit. translation Mother) and Sekmeht (goddess of war) are often depicted as women with erect joysticks.
Source
https://www.stonewall.org.uk/about-us/news/african-sexuality-and-legacy-imported-homophobia

Read up some more

In Boy-Wives and Female Husbands, a book examining homosexuality and feminism in Africa, the researchers found ‘‘explicit” Bushman artwork that depicts men engaging in same-sex sexual activity. There have been other indicators that the transition from boyhood to adulthood within many African ethnic groups involved same-sex sexual activities
Source https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/09/being-gay-african-history-homosexuality-christianity

Bottom line: we were once gay loving mothafuckers before the White Men told us it was wrong.
Currently, they are telling us that it is right
appealing to authority.
Africa was not majority gay. That's a lie, you know this
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Just accept you are homophobic...
I dont see how what people choose to do with their dicks affects you in any way.....
Nobody has ever pointed a gun at you and forced you to become gay..
Stop the discrimination, science does not have anything to do with being gay...
Gays have always existed right from time...
So what?
If they have always existed then they should fester and Casue social disorder?
You people are jusy following silly bandwagon
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 8:36am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

If I say i won't give you my money, why is that a problem for you? I'm entitled to who I give my money to. Earn your own money and give it to whom you like
I see you have a poor understanding of how global economics works hence you will understand what US sanctions really means
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by TheSourcerer: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Amongst these guys, only Dahmer is gay. The second didn’t turn up anything in my search. The last 2 aren't gay. If you have contradictory info, do share
But even if they are gay, how does it correlate that most serial killers are gay or bi? If you bothered to check, most serial killers are actually straight. A simple Google search would educate you on that, but you chose emotion, instead of facts, even commiting the fallacy of hasty generalization, in your hate to condemn gays. So going by your logic, lets hate on all straight men because they are serial killers cheesy
Why are you so into all this ?
And his name John Wayne Gacy AKA Pogo the clown and Good morning to you smiley
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 9:05am On Mar 05, 2023
TheSourcerer:
Why are you so into all this ?
And his name John Wayne Gacy AKA Pogo the clown and Good morning to you smiley
homosexuality is a psychological/genetic disorder as far as I am concerned
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
homosexuality makes STI transmission faster, thereby increasing the problems associated with community health.

As a matter of fact, HIV, the most studied virus and the most difficult virus was first detected in gays.

Have you read the history of the virus? Do you realise it emerged in Africa and was most likely spread by indiscriminate sex? Including heterosexual indiscriminate sex?

But here's the crux of your argument, even though STIs are not novel to homosexuals but because of increased rates of incidence amongst them any culturally based action against them is justified. Have i summarised your argument correctly?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Amongst these guys, only Dahmer is gay. The second didn’t turn up anything in my search. The last 2 aren't gay. If you have contradictory info, do share
But even if they are gay, how does it correlate that most serial killers are gay or bi? If you bothered to check, most serial killers are actually straight. A simple Google search would educate you on that, but you chose emotion, instead of facts, even commiting the fallacy of hasty generalization, in your hate to condemn gays. So going by your logic, lets hate on all straight men because they are serial killers cheesy

Sometimes it seems people escape the grip of religion but not the grip of awful reasoning and thought processes.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2023
LordReed:

Have you read the history of the virus? Do you realise it emerged in Africa and was most likely spread by indiscriminate sex? Including heterosexual indiscriminate sex?

But here's the crux of your argument, even though STIs are not novel to homosexuals but because of increased rates of incidence amongst them any culturally based action against them is justified. Have i summarised your argument correctly?
HIV was first tested in Gays
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
HIV was first tested in Gays

Did I summarise your argument correctly?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by DeusXmachina: 10:06am On Mar 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

See, TheSourcerer. Look at this guy's post right here. He hates atheists. Calls them devils and all sorts of slurs. Threatens to kill them without provocation. If you give him a gun, he would kill an atheist. Without provocation. Sound familiar?
He's been spewing literal textbook genocidal rhetoric for a while now.
I don't have the energy to engage him on it, as he's denser than a rock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by DeusXmachina: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2023
Trollronaldo:
yes I do. I don't have irrational dislike for homosexuality. My reasons are very rational

"I don't have irrational dislike for blacks. My reasons are very rational"

Your words mirror the words of every bigot I've ever seen, that somehow has a problem with being called what he is.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2023
DeusXmachina:

"I don't have irrational dislike for blacks. My reasons are very rational"

Your words mirror the words of every bigot I've ever seen, that somehow has a problem with being called what he is.
Stop blackmailing me
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2023
LordReed:

Did I summarise your argument correctly?
you did partially.

My argument is that: Homosexuality is more of a matter of culture than biological because it can be learned, hence its okay if some societies don't think this culture will be beneficial to them. However, the risk of homosexuality culture greatly outweighs the benefits when looked at from a broader spectrum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Exposed / Jabez: Why Did Mother Name Him Son Of Sorrow? / Please I Want To Know The Relevance Of Virgin Mary In Christendom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.