Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. (4314 Views)

Atheist Are Very Useless / Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. / Why Are Religious Houses Closing Down To Depend On Science For Cure? (COVID-19) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by KnownUnknown: 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:

I am agnostic towards a deistic god, not yahweh and religious gods

The only difference between your “deistic god” and religious gods is that there are no stories about your god. So you might as well be agnostic towards Yahweh and McMickie, and frankly anything that anyone comes up with.

What is a religious god?
It’s a deistic god with a Nollywood saga.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by TheSourcerer: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

@TheSourcerer
and they exist .
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The only difference between your “deistic god” and religious gods is that there are no stories about your god. So you might as well be agnostic towards Yahweh and McMickie, and frankly anything that anyone comes up with.

What is a religious god?

Just imagine someone in the distant future believing Iron Man is real and defeated Thanos because his deeds were chronicled in books and movies. What a thought.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2023
KnownUnknown:

What is a religious god?

the difference is that you cannot disprove it
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

How are they been threatened? How is the US deciding to withhold THEIR OWN MONEY a threat?
the U.S is threatening Visa ban. We all know what that means
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

Relative to what?
culture
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
the U.S is threatening Visa ban. We all know what that means

LMAO! How is that a threat? Why is them saying don't come to our country more egregious than JAILING and even KILLING LGBTQ people for simply existing?

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
culture

So in for instance cultures where it is OK to have slaves you think it is OK for that to be the case?
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

So in for instance cultures where it is OK to have slaves you think it is OK for that to be the case?
Did you read in my op where I specified that the most intelligent thing to do is to cherrypick good culture and leave the bad ones.

By now, you are suppose to be telling me the benefits of homosexualism culture to any society.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

LMAO! How is that a threat? Why is them saying don't come to our country more egregious than JAILING and even KILLING LGBTQ people for simply existing?
it's not just visa ban, including economic sanctions. If I show you that, you will move the goalpost again
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
it's not just visa ban, including economic sanctions. If I show you that, you will move the goalpost again

What economic sanctions where levied?

Goalpost hasn't move but it seems your definitions have more flexibility than they were intended for.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

Goalpost hasn't move but it seems your definitions have more flexibility than they were intended for.
please know that United States controls global economy via dollar hegemony.
And they occasionally use it to drive their LGBTQ agenda on smaller countries.

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

you have been moving the goalpost. You will soon move it again.

You will see
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Did you read in my op where I specified that the most intelligent thing to do is to cherrypick good culture and leave the bad ones.

By now, you are suppose to be telling me the benefits of homosexualism culture to any society.

So tell me what is bad about homosexuality. I asked you before.

There is nothing like homosexualism culture, sexual orientation is not a culture.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

So tell me what is bad about homosexuality. I asked you before.

There is nothing like homosexualism culture, sexual orientation is not a culture.
It creates new public health challenges.
As matter of fact, it can increase the transmission of STIs within a society by many folds.

So can I hear some of the benefits, so we can see how it outweighs the risks and then know how to sell it to other nations?
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
you have been moving the goalpost. You will soon move it again.

You will see

Well provide the economic sanctions let's see..

It's not my fault if you can't support the things you are saying with facts.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

Well provide the economic sanctions let's see..

It's not my fault if you can't support the things you are saying with facts.
I have already done that, I have many instances of the West bullying smaller countries over LGBTQ rights.

Don't force it on them
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
It creates new public health challenges.
As matter of fact, it can increase the transmission of STIs within a society by many folds.

So can I hear some of the benefits, so we can see how it outweighs the risks and then know how to sell it to other nations?

Let's note that it is you who has introduced science into this discussion now.

What public health study said homosexuality creates new public health challenges?

What public health study indicated that homosexuals increase the transmission of STIs by many folds?

Benefits:
1. Homosexual couples can increase the rate of adoption of unwanted or orphaned children while simultaneously slowing population growth.

2. Allowing homosexuals thrive decreases rates of psychological stress in the society.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

Let's note that it is you who has introduced science into this discussion now.

What public health study said homosexuality creates new public health challenges?

What public health study indicated that homosexuals increase the transmission of STIs by many folds?

Benefits:
1. Homosexual couples can increase the rate of adoption of unwanted or orphaned children while simultaneously slowing population growth.

2. Allowing homosexuals thrive decreases rates of psychological stress in the society.
Why is it very hard for you to confirm anything I infer on Google instead of loading me with questions.

It's very easy to browse these things, I have been spoonfeeding you all through this thread.

Does the risk of allowing homosexuality thrive outweigh thr benefits?
If it does, then why do you need to force it down the throat of other countries. It wouldn't be so hard to sell if it does.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Why is it very hard for you to confirm anything I infer on Google instead of loading me with questions.

It's very easy to browse these things, I have been spoonfeeding you all through this thread.

Does the risk of allowing homosexuality thrive outweigh thr benefits?
If it does, then why do you need to force it down the throat of other countries. It wouldn't be so hard to sell if it does.

LoLz! You are asking me to go find evidence for the points YOU are trying to make. Why would I do that?

Risk of letting homosexuals thrive? How are they hurting you or anyone for that matter? I don't understand how another's man's dick is giving you so much pressure.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! You are asking me to go find evidence for the points YOU are trying to make. Why would I do that?
You can confirm anything I say, so you can counter it.

I think you use it just to distract the conversation with the loaded question.
There are many new public health challenges associated with LGBTQ community, you can check it. It will be very disappointing if you don't know about this before now tbh.

Seem like a lot of you guys just follow the western bandwagon
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

To add to it, developing nations like in Africa are not medically developed enough to cater for the the new community health challenges that comes with flourishing LGBTQ. We are barely struggle to tackle the challenges we have now and you people want to introduce more for the purpose of personal satiety.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
To add to it, developing nations like in Africa are not medically developed enough to cater for the the new community health challenges that comes with flourishing LGBTQ. We are barely struggle to tackle the challenges we have now and you people want to introduce more for the purpose of personal satiety.

You refuse to say what these so called health challenges are. It certainly isn't STIs so what exactly are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Please kindly note that, I am not a religious person, I am an agnostic but I also do no agree that every society should be blackmailed into accept the idea of homosexuality on the basis of science. I also do not think that science should be used in selling homosexuality.

Atheist have this exaggerated trust in the efficacy of the methods of natural science applied to all areas of investigation. It's a major observation that I have had while trying to discuss the issue of homosexuality with an average atheist because of cause, majority of the proponent of homosexuality are largely atheists. They have this impression that people usually talk down on homosexuality because of religion and that there's a scientific basis to propagate it. If you don't agree with their so called "science of homosexuality", they will blackmail you.

What makes one intelligent is the ability to understand the sharp difference between culture and science, Identifying bad science, bad culture, good science and good culture. Know how bad science can influence good culture and bad culture can influence good science and then work to create a society to works majorly with a combination of good culture and good science like Japan is doing.
If you are over-reliant on science, you will blindly accept bad science. Yes, bad science exist.

Culture and science are two different things, science is a method used in understanding the natural world and solving critical problems in the society while culture is the way people live their lives. Don't make the mistake of thinking that science can be replaced with culture, science can only influence culture, culture remains culture.

The "science of homosexuality" has been able to influence the western culture in accepting homosexuality as a norm. It's normal if other societies do not think that the so called "science of homosexuality" would have any positive impact on their culture, hence its inappropriate to blackmail those societies like China, Russia, Japan, Middle East and most part of Africa who do not want to accept that culture. There's still no logical basis as to why they should accept it rather than "homosexuality is natural". Crossbreeding is also natural then why are you not having sex with chimpanzees?

Joepheonix LordReed Nlfpmod
1. Science is science. There's no good or bad science. Unless you don't understand it. And it is not being used to disseminate homosexuality.
Homosexuals are amongst many socially oppressed groups which the Western world is trying to de-oppress. Other concepts they are trying to aid is women oppression, racism and religious oppression. These Western agenda, even though its not without partiallity is still okay by me.

2. There are actually many sex apart from 'males' XY and 'females' XX. There are intersex states, genital ambiguity etc. What would you call them? These people present in any morphological state, example, a 'female' that has a dick(I'm not talking about trannies here), 'females' with no uterus. They are not genetically females. These groups of 'freaks'(sorry to use this word but that is what the world calls them, even though I hate it) have aligned with LGBTQXXX(whatever). Now I am straight, I'm not gay or bi. Love me some pussy. I don't have issues with homosexual guys. We can be friends and I can employ them, as long as they keep their tendencies to themselves. I like lesbians tho. Beautiful creatures. My issues are with trannies. I feel they are cheats, especially those that engage in sports. A male that trannied into female trying to do women sport is just plain cheats. They should have their own categories.
3. Animals have homosexuality. I believe u know this. I hope you aren't amongst Nigerians that argue gay animals don't exist.
4. Sorry China doesn't have an anti-gay law
5. I also hope you're not amongst Nigerians that believe homosexuality is alien. Lol. The truth is homosexuality was normal here in some parts of Africa before the White man brought Christianity and told us its bad. Just as they are now telling us its good by wedding gay couples. cheesy.
African history is replete with examples of both erotic and nonerotic same-sex relationships. For example, the ancient cave paintings of the San people near Guruve in Zimbabwe depict two men engaged in some form of ritual sex. During precolonial times, the “mudoko dako,” or effeminate males among the Langi of northern Uganda were treated as women and could marry men. In Buganda, one of the largest traditional kingdoms in Uganda, it was an open secret that Kabaka (king) Mwanga II, who ruled in the latter half of the 19th century, was gay.
6. I have never threatened anyone to become homosexual and I have never seen any atheist threaten anyone to become gay. So stop the falsehood

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by jaephoenix(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
falcon01:
My only concern with the LGBTQ+ alphabet gang is them forcing it on everybody, not even that but forcing it on little children who don't have an idea on how to grasp on the concept of Gender and Sexuality. A dude made an experiment and registered an account of 8-10 year old on YouTube kids and guess what The the suggested video was? It was filled with Homosexual stuff, Transecual stuffs, gender identity stuff, Drag shows and stuffs about accepting people for who they identify as with other lots of Bullshit. Wait let me look for a screenshot.
Can you explain what 'forcing in on everybody' means?
Do you agree Christianity is being forced on us by Christians?
Do you see anyone shouting you down to become gay? Or preaching about it in radios?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
You can confirm anything I say, so you can counter it.

I think you use it just to distract the conversation with the loaded question.
There are many new public health challenges associated with LGBTQ community, you can check it. It will be very disappointing if you don't know about this before now tbh.

Seem like a lot of you guys just follow the western bandwagon

LoLz. You are thone using loaded language. Blackmail, threats, "Risk of letting homosexuals thrive", these are all your words. You are flinching at my questions and probing because they reveal just how weak your arguments are. That's how you said Qatar was blackmailed but couldn't produce a single case of it and it is because of you getting away with such poor grasp in the past you think you can bamboozle your way through a conversation with me. No buddy, you have to bring your A game when we converse or else you will feel the like a flop.

Western bandwagon indeed. Because having a healthy respect for diverse people requires a fad before you develop such a sense. Are you sure you aren't a subscriber to a religion, seems you one can't think outside of unquestioned guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
falcon01:
My only concern with the LGBTQ+ alphabet gang is them forcing it on everybody, not even that but forcing it on little children who don't have an idea on how to grasp on the concept of Gender and Sexuality. A dude made an experiment and registered an account of 8-10 year old on YouTube kids and guess what The the suggested video was? It was filled with Homosexual stuff, Transecual stuffs, gender identity stuff, Drag shows and stuffs about accepting people for who they identify as with other lots of Bullshit. Wait let me look for a screenshot.

This YouTube thing is a pure lie. My kids use it and I have never seen adult content on it.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

You refuse to say what these so called health challenges are. It certainly isn't STIs so what exactly are you talking about?
So high risk of transmission of STIs associated with gays is not a health challenge?
Is that a building or construction challenge?

Lol 😂
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. You are thone using loaded language. Blackmail, threats, "Risk of letting homosexuals thrive", these are all your words. You are flinching at my questions and probing because they reveal just how weak your arguments are. That's how you said Qatar was blackmailed but couldn't produce a single case of it and it is because of you getting away with such poor grasp in the past you think you can bamboozle your way through a conversation with me. No buddy, you have to bring your A game when we converse or else you will feel the like a flop.

Western bandwagon indeed. Because having a healthy respect for diverse people requires a fad before you develop such a sense. Are you sure you aren't a subscriber to a religion, seems you one can't think outside of unquestioned guidance.
Then highlight those benefits of LGBTQ that outweighs its risk that will persuade non-westerb countries to accepting it?

Give me the list. I am just admiring your inability to personally check things for yourself. There are many diseases that are prevalent within LGBTQ community and its not rocket science STIs pread after within that community.
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
So high risk of transmission of STIs associated with gays is not a health challenge?
Is that a building or construction challenge?

Lol 😂

Is STI transmission novel to homosexuals?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by LordReed(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Then highlight those benefits of LGBTQ that outweighs its risk that will persuade non-westerb countries to accepting it?

Give me the list. I am just admiring your inability to personally check things for yourself. There are many diseases that are prevalent within LGBTQ community and its not rocket science STIs pread after within that community.

Already gave you 2. What did you do with it?

LoLz. Dude I am not going to go find evidence to back your own points.

Which disease is prevalent in the LGBTQ community which isn't prevalent in heterosexuals?
Re: Atheist Are Too Overreliant On Science With Respect to Homosexuality. by Trollronaldo: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Science is science. There's no good or bad science. Unless you don't understand it. And it is not being used to disseminate homosexuality.
Homosexuals are amongst many socially oppressed groups which the Western world is trying to de-oppress. Other concepts they are trying to aid is women oppression, racism and religious oppression. These Western agenda, even though its not without partiallity is still okay by me.
is it not the same thing I mentioned? an ideal atheist is not smart enough to know that there's bad science and not all discoveries of science should be adopted else you will make bad situations worse. Atheism is a subset of scientism, it's close-minded and always exaggerates trust in science. You guys always think science is absolute.
There are many examples of bad science out there, ranging from development of atomic bombs, bioweapon etc. Discoveries that can make us go extinct before anybody knowing it.
Of what benefit is even developing nuclear weapons.
It's why countries like Japan never make, it's not like they don't have the capacity to.

2. There are actually many sex apart from 'males' XY and 'females' XX. There are intersex states, genital ambiguity etc. What would you call them? These people present in any morphological state, example, a 'female' that has a dick(I'm not talking about trannies here), 'females' with no uterus. They are not genetically females. These groups of 'freaks'(sorry to use this word but that is what the world calls them, even though I hate it) have aligned with LGBTQXXX(whatever). Now I am straight, I'm not gay or bi. Love me some pussy. I don't have issues with homosexual guys. We can be friends and I can employ them, as long as they keep their tendencies to themselves. I like lesbians tho. Beautiful creatures. My issues are with trannies. I feel they are cheats, especially those that engage in sports. A male that trannied into female trying to do women sport is just plain cheats. They should have their own categories.
There are exceptions for everything in nature, it's why we have congenital disorder. It doesn't mean you should make it normal. It should be treated as a congenital disored like hypothyroidism, sickle sell etc. I have never seen where someone living with sicke cell anemia is trying to influence normal people to live with it. It's the problem we are having with LGBTQ community. If you have a condition that makes you have such character, then it's understandable and it should be treated as a condition, just as we regard other congenital issues like Albinism. , don't make it a norm. Don't influence others, Albinos don't try to make others Albinos.

3. Animals have homosexuality. I believe u know this. I hope you aren't amongst Nigerians that argue gay animals don't exist.
nonsense, homosexuality is not a norm within animals. Especially mammals, it's rare to see. This is a laughable excuse.
4. Sorry China doesn't have an anti-gay law
homosexuality is censored in China
5. I also hope you're not amongst Nigerians that believe homosexuality is alien. Lol. The truth is homosexuality was normal here in some parts of Africa before the White man brought Christianity and told us its bad. Just as they are now telling us its good by wedding gay couples. cheesy.
homosexuality was not normal, you re making things up. It existed but not normal. It's not a norm here. Unless you have another definition for what's normal.
African history is replete with examples of both erotic and nonerotic same-sex relationships. For example, the ancient cave paintings of the San people near Guruve in Zimbabwe depict two men engaged in some form of ritual sex. During precolonial times, the “mudoko dako,” or effeminate males among the Langi of northern Uganda were treated as women and could marry men. In Buganda, one of the largest traditional kingdoms in Uganda, it was an open secret that Kabaka (king) Mwanga II, who ruled in the latter half of the 19th century, was gay.

faulty deduction fallacy.
Because homosexuality was practiced by some Africans in history is not a ground to reach the conclusion that's was norm, the reasoning is flawed. We have to study the proportion at which homosexuality was practice against pure heterosexualty to be able to reach a conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Is Intelligence? / Group Version Of Nairaland Bible Quiz-for Everyone,especially You / Paul: The False Apostle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.