Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. (5682 Views)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by jaephoenix(m): 10:24am On Mar 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You said your own religion doesn't count homosexuality as a crime yet you live in the midst of people who have agreed that it's evil that alone makes you a criminal.
So instead of tagging me as child molester due to my faith that says we must verify offences before punishing offenders. Why not go out to tell your neighbours that homosexuality is no crime rather than hiding your face here to promote it?

If you catch a child molester go and report to the authorities that declared it a crime and if i catch your practicing homosexuality i will report you to the authorities that declared it a crime.

Do you get it now? smiley
1. I don't practice homosexuality, so I can't be committing a crime. Advocating isn't the same as practicing
2. Your faith doesn't verify sexual offences, it hides it from the law. Example, your elders are known to withhold facts that would crucify their child molesting members. In fact, they forbid the victims from reporting to police. Is that fair? They are not thinking about the victim here but their reputation as an organization.
Now if you say they wanna deal with it in-house, then its wrong because
1. A crime as bad as rap3 is terrible and should be brought to the authorities
2. Their in-house punishment isn't more than a slap on thw wrist. Do you think a hardened molester would stop at that? No! He'll continue because he feels protected by the elders.
This is the reason I'm on your case about this molestations. Its not as if there's no molesters outside JW but yours is high compared to non-JW populations

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by jaephoenix(m): 10:26am On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

Bro you have lots of questions 😂 anyway the day a human sperm swims after another male sperm fertilize it and results in a pregnancy or a human egg fertilizes another egg , I will agree homosexuality is natural
Obviously you dont know that all male or all female animals reproduce. Even asexual animals reproduce. Did you do biology in school or biology your pastor taught you in church
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30am On Mar 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. I don't practice homosexuality, so I can't be committing a crime. Advocating isn't the same as practicing
2. Your faith doesn't verify sexual offences, it hides it from the law. Example, your elders are known to withhold facts that would crucify their child molesting members. In fact, they forbid the victims from reporting to police. Is that fair? They are not thinking about the victim here but their reputation as an organization.
Now if you say they wanna deal with it in-house, then its wrong because
1. A crime as bad as rap3 is terrible and should be brought to the authorities
2. Their in-house punishment isn't more than a slap on thw wrist. Do you think a hardened molester would stop at that? No! He'll continue because he feels protected by the elders.
This is the reason I'm on your case about this molestations. Its not as if there's no molesters outside JW but yours is high compared to non-JW populations

There you go!

We don't practice what you're accusing us of what we will not do is stand as witness when we never saw someone commiting a crime he or she was accused of.

Do you now get it? smiley

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by jaephoenix(m): 10:32am On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

Ok prove it how can a sperm fertilize a sperm
Try and go back to basic biology.
Parthenogenesis exists. Sperms aren't always needed. Read and cure yourself
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 10:33am On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

Ok prove it how can a sperm fertilize a sperm

Double sperm cloning
https://stemcellres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13287-020-01907-0

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by jaephoenix(m): 10:34am On Mar 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There you go!

We don't practice what you're accusing us of what we will not do is stand as witness when we never saw someone commiting a crime he or she was accused of.

Do you now get it? smiley
And when you get a report that a particular person is committing a crime several times, do you still think s/he is innocent?

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by jaephoenix(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

Double sperm cloning
… and this one too. Even though they'll argue it aint natural but natural means of sperm cloning exist
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

And when you get a report that a particular person is committing a crime several times, do you still think s/he is innocent?

Reports you said so you can't expect a JW to testify against such a person when only what we have is REPORT not what we saw!

That's the reason behind all the accusations you've been hearing all these while. People like you feel a JW should testify against fellow JWs in court when we aren't eyewitnesses! undecided

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

Try and go back to basic biology.
Parthenogenesis exists. Sperms aren't always needed. Read and cure yourself
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis

You should know that Parthenogenesis is impossible in humans a human child needs half chromosomes from both his parents to be human

And in Parthenogenesis sperm doesn't fertilize sperm an unfertilized egg only develop into an embryo and it only happens to lower life forms it can't happen among mammals.

So my point still stands since sperm can't fertilize sperm Homosexuality is unnatural.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

Obviously you dont know that all male or all female animals reproduce. Even asexual animals reproduce. Did you do biology in school or biology your pastor taught you in church

I never said that male and female animals can't reproduce. asexual organisms also reproduce using the male and female gametes not male and male or female and female gametes.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by TheSourcerer: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

Sup
Checking up on you and hope you have an amazing day ahead smiley
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 3:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
TheSourcerer:
Checking up on you and hope you have an amazing day ahead smiley

Wish you same.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

Double sperm cloning

To be honest I have never heard of double sperm cloning so I had to do a little reading and from what I read I found out that double sperm cloning isn't a sperm fertilizing a sperm but two sperm that are injected into a denucleated oocyte cell to form an androgenetic embryo.
Is it possible to use human sperm to form an androgenetic embryo? Well according to some scientist yes

Will a human androgenetic embryo survive? Well according to evidence No. This experiment has been carried out on mouse and frogs the embryos it produced died in gestation (pregnancy). It is what it is an experiment,humans have always been carrying out experiments some successful others were not.

Will this experiment be a success? Who knows maybe or maybe not. All I know is that this is something I will be following up from now on.

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

To be honest I have never heard of double sperm cloning so I had to do a little reading and from what I read I found out that double sperm cloning isn't a sperm fertilizing a sperm but two sperm that are injected into a denucleated oocyte cell to form an androgenetic embryo.
Is it possible to use human sperm to form an androgenetic embryo? Well according to some scientist yes

Will a human androgenetic embryo survive? Well according to evidence No. This experiment has been carried out on mouse and frogs the embryos it produced died in gestation (pregnancy). It is what it is an experiment,humans have always been carrying out experiments some successful others were not.

Will this experiment be a success? Who knows maybe or maybe not. All I know is that this is something I will be following up from now on.

Like jaephoenix mentioned there are other techniques, the possibility is there.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

Like jaephoenix mentioned there are other techniques, the possibility is there.

I know that. You know what I also know is that these possibilities might just remain possibilities not reality.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

I know that. You know what I also know is that these possibilities might just remain possibilities not reality.

Sure but hope you know that gametes are not the only cells that can used.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

Sure but hope you know that gametes are not the only cells that can used.

Yeah but the science isn't stable yet still got a long way to go before it is main stream
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

Yeah but the science isn't stable yet still got a long way to go before it is main stream

Ok. Here's another thing to consider. Do you think the banana you eat is unnatural?
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

Ok. Here's another thing to consider. Do you think the banana you eat is unnatural?

I don't know where this question is leading to but do you believe that genetic engineering is unnatural that is tempering with the natural order changing some characteristics that normally will be there improving a characteristic. Nature has a way of doing things sometimes it isn't what we humans want so we temper with it change it to suit our taste. So to your question I have never thought it to be unnatural but I do know some bananas are forced to ripe before their due date others are injected to make them grow bigger.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

I don't know where this question is leading to but do you believe that genetic engineering is unnatural that is tempering with the natural order changing some characteristics that normally will be there improving a characteristic. Nature has a way of doing things sometimes it isn't what we humans want so we temper with it change it to suit our taste. So to your question I have never thought it to be unnatural but I do know some bananas are forced to ripe before their due date others are injected to make them grow bigger.

The banana you eat was modified to become edible so the argument that something is unnatural makes it bad doesn't wash.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

The banana you eat was modified to become edible so the argument that something is unnatural makes it bad doesn't wash.

I never said something being unnatural makes it bad sometimes it makes it better
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

I never said something being unnatural makes it bad sometimes it makes it better

But that was your argument against homosexuals was it not?

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

But that was your argument against homosexuals was it not?

I never said homosexuals were bad anybody can be bad gay or straight homosexuality is what I have a problem with it's unnatural and it doesn't add to society it takes from it.
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

I never said homosexuals were bad anybody can be bad gay or straight homosexuality is what I have a problem with it's unnatural and it doesn't add to society it takes from it.

What does it take from society?

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

What does it take from society?

Homosexual can't reproduce so the workforce of a country reduced

Many diseases spread among homosexuals

Although you might not believe it but there are spiritual repercussions

Homosexuality is always a precursor to the death of a civilization
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

Homosexual can't reproduce so the workforce of a country reduced

Many diseases spread among homosexuals

Although you might not believe it but there are spiritual repercussions

Homosexuality is always a precursor to the death of a civilization

LoLz. You have to be kidding. We are 7billion in this world and increasing, 180million in Nigeria and increasing. Where the heck did you get the statistic that homosexuals are causing population decrease?

Which diseases are spread among homosexuals that aren't spread among heterosexuals?

Right, I am not going to discuss spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Which civilizations died because of homosexuality?

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 8:58pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. You have to be kidding. We are 7billion in this world and increasing, 180million in Nigeria and increasing. Where the heck did you get the statistic that homosexuals are causing population decrease?

Which diseases are spread among homosexuals that aren't spread among heterosexuals?

Right, I am not going to discuss spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Which civilizations died because of homosexuality?

Right now yeah we are increasing but wait till homosexuality is now in a majority it may soon be that way because the LGBTQ society are trying to indoctrinated children through movies and books

You know that some disease spread more quickly among homosexuals

In history civilizations like Rome the Greeks you might say homosexuality wasn't the cause of their downfall. Well you're right physically it wasn't spiritually it was. Like in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah the people didn't know that spiritually they have been mark for destruction physically it could have been a meteorite that wipe them out but it still doesn't change the fact that Thier destruction has be decided spiritually the spiritual controls the physical
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

Right now yeah we are increasing but wait till homosexuality is now in a majority it may soon be that way because the LGBTQ society are trying to indoctrinated children through movies and books

You know that some disease spread more quickly among homosexuals

In history civilizations like Rome the Greeks you might say homosexuality wasn't the cause of their downfall. Well you're right physically it wasn't spiritually it was. Like in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah the people didn't know that spiritually they have been mark for destruction physically it could have been a meteorite that wipe them out but it still doesn't change the fact that Thier destruction has be decided spiritually the spiritual controls the physical

LoLz. Homosexuals will never be a majority, you are borrowing unnecessary fear. And even if they were to, do you imagine that being homosexual means one is infertile? Homosexuals can still have children so this fear of population decline is thoroughly unfounded.

You know that Africans are more susceptible to certain diseases. Should we be discriminated against because of that?

Oh please, I already aid I ain't discussing spiritual mumbo jumbo. Anybody can invent any fairytale they like, I prefer facts.

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Homosexuals will never be a majority, you are borrowing unnecessary fear. And even if they were to, do you imagine that being homosexual means one is infertile? Homosexuals can still have children so this fear of population decline is thoroughly unfounded.

You know that Africans are more susceptible to certain diseases. Should we be discriminated against because of that?

Oh please, I already aid I ain't discussing spiritual mumbo jumbo. Anybody can invent any fairytale they like, I prefer facts.

You can't say for sure because the amount of people coming out as gay Is very much on the increase very soon they might be in the majority.

I'm against decriminalization of any kind because I believe God gave everyone a free will so we can choose what to do with our lives. Africans are more susceptible to some diseases because of genetic, geography , and many other factors not because of Thier sexual preferences .

I also like dealing with facts but as a Christian I don't rule out spirituality history should teach you that Many Great men although secular had respect for spirituality
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

You can't say for sure because the amount of people coming out as gay Is very much on the increase very soon they might be in the majority.

I'm against decriminalization of any kind because I believe God gave everyone a free will so we can choose what to do with our lives. Africans are more susceptible to some diseases because of genetic, geography , and many other factors not because of Thier sexual preferences .

I also like dealing with facts but as a Christian I don't rule out spirituality history should teach you that Many Great men although secular had respect for spirituality

It doesn't matter whether they become a majority, they are not infertile.

But you are for discrimination of homosexuals because theirs is sexual.

Respect for spirituality is not the same as attributing things to mumbo jumbo.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by Lawag3: 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

It doesn't matter whether they become a majority, they are not infertile.

But you are for discrimination of homosexuals because theirs is sexual.

Respect for spirituality is not the same as attributing things to mumbo jumbo.

Just because I don't approve of the act of homosexuality doesn't mean I discriminate gays

Why would they respect something that isn't true?
Re: Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. by LordReed(m): 11:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
Lawag3:

Just because I don't approve of the act of homosexuality doesn't mean I discriminate gays

Why would they respect something that isn't true?

So what do you think should be done to homosexuals since you think they represent so much harm.

Because their definition of spirituality doesn't include mumbo jumbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / History Of 10 Muharram 2015 - Muharram Short Speech, Essay, Prayers In Urdu / Fighting For Your Country. Is It Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.