Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75659 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
3 and 4.

Cancel your tax consultants then where will the money came from to do what you said you will do with the "money saved"?

Have you thought that the legal battle that will arise from terminating tax contracts might actually bankrupt the state? Who now handles taxes? Corrupt civil servants who no one can monitor?

I took time to attached my tax remittance my question is this I work in a private sector what benefit do I get from lagos state govt.

And how do they spend my money as I pay as tax.

How has lagos state governments benefited me personally

This are my question

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Shattuck(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
in one of his manifesto he talks about weighing cost of govt contract with world bank standard, with the inflation of govt contract do you not think that if he can reduce the inflated cost of govt contract fuelled by corruption, with the saved extra cost alone minimum wage can be increased look at the Lagos light rail line that cost about 1.5 billion dollars when other African nations are doing same project with less cost.

3 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tabaski: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
This guy is an irredeemable dullard aswear and he surrounded himself with dullards also. He knows nothing about governance and administration 🤣🤣🤣

9 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by dejsmiles(m): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
Lagos can afford N100,000 minimum wage if all lickages are blocked. You can image how much is being pocket by the politicians running into billions of naira while the workforce is suffering with stipends paid as salaries.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by sharone21(f): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
I commend your courage GRV ... Seems the Igboness in you is helping u in this regards....

It is not easy unseating strongholds in Lagos, ensure your wife and you are very prayerful too.

Help rid Lagos of urchins( including uniformed ones) please as the ones that operates there are very merciless.

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by sanu412: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
Alaigbopress:
Well I hope these are feasible, we are still waiting for Soludo's Dubai Taiwan here in Anambra after one year in office.
I can see that he lacks the experience to occupy the post.Where has he worked before?

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by flexyrule(m): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
If only you knew the amount of public funds that is being siphoned on a daily by your paymasters, you'd know that what the young man highlighted above is very very realistic.
But you don't, and that's how your paymasters want it to be, so you can stay all day defending your oppressors, while suffering in penury.
Accountant general stole over N100b - that's just one person and you think LASG canot pay 60k as minimum wage.
Dey play!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by missade(f): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
[quote author=Dapagun post=121644707]6. 10,000 vehicles. You want to bring more cars to Lagos. Is lagos traffic not enough for your people? You want 10,000 more vehicles so that everyone should kuku buy a bed and be sleeping in traffic[/quote

LASG doesn’t need more cars o. What we need is an efficient water transportation. The entire state is connected by water, pls make use of that. Imagine the revenue LASG will make from state owned water transport system. Not only will it ease off traffic on the roads, reduce tear and wear of roads; it will also elongate our life span cos the stress of LASG traffic ehn!

The other alternative is effective rail network; very important

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Emmannn101(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Bigmouth3:

Which roads are in great shape? Do you know the of meaning great shape? You all have embraced suffering so much that you forget the basic things

Shut up

What kind of road do you have in your impoverished Igbo villages?

Spits

8 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by bet9ja(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Brilliant ideas

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by reddingtonblack: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Alaigbopress:
Well I hope these are feasible, we are still waiting for Soludo's Dubai Taiwan here in Anambra after one year in office.

When we tell people good governance goes beyond taking selfies with citizens, speaking big grammar and make all kind of promises.

If leadership ideas & vision are not in you then no amount of academic qualification can put it in you.

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by EPIJOE: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
LETS NOT PUT IN SENTIMENTS HERE,

IM A SANWO OLU FAN.

ALOT OF THINGS HE HIGHLIGHTS IN HIS PLANS ARE DOABLE BY SANWO OLU. OF HE WANTS TO DO IT.

BUT ITS GRADUALLY NOT GIRIGIRI.

HE NEEDS WISDOM AND ACCEPTANCE OF YHE HOUSE TO ACHIEVE ALOT.

THEY WOULD BELIEVE HE WOULD HAVE TO BRIBE THEM BEFORE HE COULD PASS SOME.LAWS.

IF HE JOIN HE DON CORRUPT BE THAT. LOL

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Tareq1105: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:

Does he have any experience in governance?

Talk is very cheap just to swing voters.

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Echoban: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2023
Gloriagee:
Yes it can be done, even if I no know anything, I know that one. If all the stolen and misappropriated funds are realigned to the poor, this can be achieved. If all the ghost workers are sacked, then it can be achieved. cool

Thank God u assumed u know nothing. Ghost workers are at the bearest minimum in Lagos. That was what BAT did as d then Governor 20 years ago. Same platform is still there to checkmate those excess. Stop defending rubbish. GRV is just sweet mouthing like a textbook candidates. Nothing dey..

Even other African countries are adopting alpha beta which is top 3 best in d country, he said he is going to cancel the contract. Do that and watch Lagos igr drop drastically. Then watch as litigation full LASG, u think u can just wake up and scatter contract, they will sue the hell out of u..

I assume ure lost in the euphoria of market talk on how BAT is stealing Lagos money grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by sanu412: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2023
reddingtonblack:

When we tell people good governance goes beyond taking selfies with citizens, speaking big grammar and make all kind of promises.

If leadership ideas & vision are not in you then no amount of academic qualification can put it in you.

Na mouth this one dey make
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2023
5 billion will cushion the 60k minimum wage that's basic WITH LOTS OF ALLOWANCES THAT FOLLOWS?
How'll he also get the 5b since it's from the generated revenue that alphabeta removes it?

You think Lagos governance is 2 by 2 electronic store right Chukwuebuka angry
SenatePresdo:

The over 5 Billion naira alpha beta steals every month in Lagos.

If the share it to workers, minimum wage will increase cheesy

9 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bede2u(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2023
highchief1:
lol very delusional idiot.Presiential elections is diff from states.politics is Local the results on Saturday will humble u.Whoever is telling u that u will win sanwolu does not like u.
so he shouldn't run na abi. You guys want to practice one party state where every opposition is an Igbo takeover agenda.
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by MrBlock: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2023
azpekuliar:

The first step to doing that is cutting waste. The N5bn a month to Alphabet will go some way to achieving that.

When you cut Alpha Beta off, who will then collect the tax? Or maybe you're not aware that LIRS doesn't have the number of personnel to obtain tax across Lagos state. The N5bn monthly savings you want to make will not cover the cost of additional salaries to equip LIRS plus other running costs not to talk of the wastage from LIRS staff corruption.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by SenatePresdo(m): 10:12am On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

You were there when he was bribing them

Yes I was, my uncle is an APC delegate.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2023
Why not employ him to make Anambra great just has Obi did?

You people are so irritating
sharone21:
I commend your courage GRV ... Seems the Igboness in you is helping u in this regards....

It is not easy unseating strongholds in Lagos, ensure your wife and you are very prayerful too.

Help rid Lagos of urchins( including uniformed ones) please as the ones that operates there are very merciless.

7 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by SenatePresdo(m): 10:14am On Mar 11, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
5 billion will cushion the 60k minimum wage that's basic WITH LOTS OF ALLOWANCES THAT FOLLOWS?
How'll he also get the 5b since it's from the generated revenue that alphabeta removes it?

You think Lagos governance is 2 by 2 electronic store right Chukwuebuka angry

Alpha beta is not transparent.

Lagos makes higher than what alpha beta claims.

Even at that, they still collect percentage.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 11, 2023
GRV is the people's choice
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:

First 100 days, meaning he will talk, sit and see how to do it, in first 100 days, that’s 3 months plus, Full 3 months plus, Una Dey think self? By 1 month, or two, his cabinet should be hitting the ground running, no slacking if they are willing to work. Cut down waste and excesses
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by grandstar(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:

You dey mind am.

It's the ignorant masses he's deceiving.

Aregbesola promised to enroll 10,000 workers into the civil service if he became governor, and this he fulfilled.

By the start of his second term in office, there were many months of unpaid salaries. At a time, they hadn't been paid for 11months. This is the price of populism.

Populism is the fastest route to bankruptcy. Time and time again, it has left the Ghanian economy in shambles.

OBJ never used populist policies to win elections. He would just simply rig it. His government was the most frugal government Nigeria ever had.

When votes begin to count, contestants turn to populist policies to win election. GRV in his inexperience and ignorance will leave the Lagos State treasury in tatters

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by flokii: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2023
So agberos in Lagos are the headache of Chinedu and his Igbo brothers whereas park touts are there in the South East coupled with all sort of vices..

The guy has no experience in governance and the rubbish manifesto he put up shows that.. can someone remind him that this is a democracy and the state house of assembly and state judiciary too have a say in governance?

What will he do about the influx of Igbos into Lagos who have refused to stay back in their region to develop the place? Is he planning a kind of fund for them to start enjoying Lagos commonwealth while Yorubas are relegated to the back seats?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Seankhalifa: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2023
The problem of Nigeria is not this guy.... it is obituary... dem dey follow anywhere belle face... how I wish sanwo is the governor of my state... lagos don't know wat dey have until dey loose it... I will if lagosian are smart after dis governorship election or na just mouth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2023
dejsmiles:

Lagos can afford N100,000 minimum wage if all lickages are blocked. You can image how much is being pocket by the politicians running into billions of naira while the workforce is suffering with stipends paid as salaries.

Lagos can not afford 100k minimum wage.

Seems like you also want to make people more poorer and unemployed.

If you raise minimum wages, price of goods will increase.

Workers will be sacked because companies wont be able to pay so they will have to sack many workers.

How about unpaid salaries.

Pls lets be realistic in governance

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2023
Is that your answers/response to those feasible questions
SenatePresdo:

Alpha beta is not transparent.

Lagos makes higher than what alpha beta claims.

Even at that, they still collect percentage.

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bigkoko: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2023
Finally the drug baron will lose it all!

Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2023
The Ambode is an agent for change that I solemnly believe that supercede Fashola in governance but the BAT can comprehend his prowess now get the same logic and work towards the new Lagos for us all to be living well.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Tareq1105: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2023
flexyrule:
If only you knew the amount of public funds that is being siphoned on a daily by your paymasters, you'd know that what the young man highlighted above is very very realistic.
But you don't, and that's how your paymasters want it to be, so you can stay all day defending your oppressors, while suffering in penury.
Accountant general stole over N100b - that's just one person and you think LASG canot pay 60k as minimum wage.
Dey play!

LASG paying #60,000 is just to woo civil servants in Lagos. Has he considered the multiplier effect on goods and services in the state? Rent would go up, transport fare, food prices, and others would increase immediately thereby rubbishing the aim of the increase. Gbadebo Chinedu has idea but doesn't have experience.

9 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
2. The only way companies can increase their wage bill is if they earn more. If they don't earn more how will they be able to afford more for their workers? You said this will happen on the second day. Does this man have a magic wand somewhere?

How do you think uk run the economy and still increase wage? They will increase again in few days again. They did last year and will do again, country always do, Nigeria is stagnate, ceos so rich, workers hardly living.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

The Spiritual Side Of Aso Villa By Reuben Abati / Sunday Igboho Arrives Court In Benin Republic Ahead Of Trial / Chairs Destroyed As Portable Gets Into A Fight During Show In Ogun State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.