Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV (75509 Views)

Lagos - GRV Confident Of Victory With Results Coming In & Canceled Poll Units / Online Poll Lagos. GRV, JDR Or Sanwolu - Next Governor / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Lamanii22(f): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2023
Great manifestos though…. But how will you be generating funds for the state?

7 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Felabarmudia: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2023
Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate

You and your masters pushed them to thier death

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2023
Lashist:

Money be remitted to tinubu and his touts can cover alot of things...do you know how much MC oluomo and his touts dey collect to sleep with celebs?? He understands governance. No dey support bad govt

Mc olomo and his touts are members of the National union of transportation, they are registered and are backed by the law.

Government needs them more than you think

The reason why they are important is because they are one of the highest tax payers in lagos state, so you cant throw them out

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by missade(f): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2023
Dynamicboss:
Very unrealistic journey map except if the alpha beta cancellation is achieved. Before he can increase salary, has he consider the current expenditure, debt profile, revenue stream and other financial constraints?

This boy no understand governance at all. See person whey e wan become governor of 4th largest economy in Africa. SMH cry undecided

If his plan is to dissolve Alpha Beta then he must have a working alternative to collecting taxes. It’s the taxes I.e internally generated revenue that will fuel most of the projects he may want to undertake. Hate it or leave it, tax collection in LASG is very organized in connection with the banks. Digitalized and very efficient…to dissolve he must find an alternative unless he doesn’t want to collect tax though. Which is how LASG really makes money making it the only state banks lend clean to…I.e without any form of security

20 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Angelfrost(m): 9:58am On Mar 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Lagos is not and was never the 4th largest economy in Africa.

Don't mind that clown...! They just sit inside one tiny room without proper ventilation and be typing nonsense! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by SenatePresdo(m): 9:58am On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

I wonder where he plans to generate the fund that will be used to pay workers 60k

Where did Tinubu generate the funds he used to pay over a thousand delegates with Billions of naira?

Where did he get the fund to bribe INEC with over 150 million Dollars?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Owaincouncil: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2023
manutdrichie:

So what is the meaning of supplementary budget?

He said, from his 2nd day in office. How visible is that. Who tell him that he will control the house of assembly. Truth be told, this guy is not ready and can't govern a cosmopolitan state like lagos.
My thought is if he win, he will need to form a unity government and ask the likes of Bode George and other opposition leaders for sincere guidance.
Lastly, the career officers in civil service are the most corrupt people. They will frustrate his beautiful ideas.
There is one PS of land by the name Agoro. That guy is higher than sanwoolu. If sanwoolu sign a document on land and agoro says no, nothing will happen ooo.

19 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Bluntemperor: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2023
aljharem:
This guy is dull. GVR is going no where.

Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour is being planted,as Lagos Gubernatorial candidate but lack all the experience for a ' Greater Lagos' as you can see!
We don't want an indirect rules in Lagos,for his activities on Twitter have shown his heart belongs to Anambra and IPOB!
Mr Sanwo-Olu is hereby returned for second term!
God bless Lagos State!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Pityoobi: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?
He doesn’t know anything about government, all what he listed are total rubbish with many faulty claims and pathway to anarchy…

nothing for the youth, I thought he will come up with some technology incubation centers that will provide free data and training In latest technology ( Software and Hardware) for free for every graduates and empower direct skills acquisition center for artisans to improve their skills.

Nothing for women empowerment and agriculture in terms of loans etc, Werey dey try usurp the traditional system of Iyaloja and baba Lojas of the Yorubas by empowering Igbo traders to be baba Lojas in Yoruba land to curry their votes Omo ale, Ako ti le ta.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
1. You can't increase salary without budget considerations. Have you spoken with the Accountant General, Finance Ministry, is there budgetary allocations for this? Does this person understand governance in anyway?

Cancellation of fraudulent Alpha beta can take care of that and many more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Jadeoje: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Read it again. He never said the second day.
Dapagun:
2. The only way companies can increase their wage bill is if they earn more. If they don't earn more how will they be able to afford more for their workers? You said this will happen on the second day. Does this man have a magic wand somewhere?

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Investorozay: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
7. When you pull down the toll gates, I hope you have a plan set up to generate funds to maintain that road. The toll levy is the reason that road is in great shape and except you are prepared for potholes….oh well….

which road is in great shape? Lekki Epe?
hope your joking

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

All this bile... Please, mention one thing he said wrong up there?!!

What is in that manifesto that will trigger or upset an upstanding citizen??!! Tell me please!

You guys expend so much emotion and energy fighting for politicians who eat your commonwealth with their families without even considering giving you crumbs.

Those who eat the crumbs from the corrupt table like MC Oluomo don't expend this much passion and energy in defending them!

Why do suffering Nigerian citizens choose to side with those making their lives difficult?!!!

This has to be the question of the 21st Century! A wonder that should be studied and researched!

These guys are definitely paid. It's obvious, they're every where here attacking every GRV thread. I pity them.

5 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Princeton92(m): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2023
Dynamicboss:
Very unrealistic journey map except if the alpha beta cancellation is achieved. Before he can increase salary, has he consider the current expenditure, debt profile, revenue stream and other financial constraints?

This boy no understand governance at all. See person whey e wan become governor of 4th largest economy in Africa. SMH cry undecided

Abeg oooh tell me wetin be that alpha beta biko?
Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by copyrites: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2023
A great manifesto.

No reason whatsoever why a Lagos state worker should be earning the same salary with government workers in Gombe or even Ogun state.

It is wickedness to keep Lagos state workers in the same salary scale as workers in other states. Those advocating for such and those opposing GRB are forever cursed!

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Where did Tinubu generate the funds he used to pay over a thousand delegates with Billions of naira?

Stop your beer palour gist and post fact here.

12 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by ConfidentialDoc: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Ooops.... He should have just kept quiet

13 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Mrmb: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:

The guy is a fraud, he knows nothing about governance..... This block head will only stop the progress of any organisation he heads... He speaks just like an ignorant person would.... Any right thinking person would already know that this guy has nothing but destruction to offer....

12 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by KINGBEN1(m): 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Lets give GRV a chance.
Lagos needs a new hand.
My PVC is for him.
Alimosho will give it to GRV.
We will Transmit directly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Echoban: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
DeJoeee:
For those asking how he is going to generate the money.
Cancelling the conduit pipes through which the god father's are paid with Lagos money is enough to achieve all this.
Many people don't know how much the state spends in running and maintaining the corrupt political structure in Lagos.
That's why they were making mouth with structure because they know how much they have invested now OBI have proved to them that structure is useless.

Guy ure dull. Just believe me. U know nothing abt governance and politics. Ure just "exuberating" beer parlor fantasy.

10 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Mrmb: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
Dynamicboss:

He is a complete fraud

6 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by chinae(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:

Those that loots fund, do consult the accountant Gen and Fin Ministry before their I'll acts. A humongous sum when distributed among 50mil people will exceed this proposed 60,000

2 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Padipadi(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
He no understand o.
He's an opportunist like Obi.
He didn't talk about reduction in cost of governance. That's the first step taken to increasing anything. You ll see all of them talking as if governance is WAEC and NECO debate.

12 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Echoban: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Mediahq:
My First 100 Days
As Governor of Lagos

I have a vision for a new Lagos
Here is my action plan for the first 100 Days in office.

Increase Minimum Wage to N60,000 on Day 1 in Office, the salary of Civil Servants will be increased by 100% to N60,000 monthly. The target is to reach N100,000 as soon as possible. This will cover everybody including street sweepers.

Moral suasion to persuade the Organised Private Sector to follow Govt's lead by stopping casualisation and also increase their minimum wage to a living wage. Banks, telcos, oil companies, multinationals, large national corporates, etc will be incentivised with PAYE tax credits to stop casualisation and index their minimum wage to their capacity to pay rather than current market wage rates which are suppressed by high unemployment. A first step for a Lagos where every worker has health care, pensions and similar benefits.

Cancel Alpha Beta's Contract which costs the State N5bn monthly.

Use the savings from the cancellation of Alpha Beta contract to set up a grand Loan Scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises. Ensure at least 10,000 beneficiaries in the first 100 Days. We expect the scheme to benefit up to 1m beneficiaries in 4 years.

Establish a portal for publishing costs of all government projects and compare them to World Bank standards to eliminate waste and corruption.

Issue a 10-year order for 10,000 vehicles to an auto manufacturer that commits to building an auto assembly in Lagos with a credible plan to achieve 50% value added within 5 years.

Pull down all toll gates in the Lekki Ajah axis and Ikoyi link bridge.

Build a monument in memory of our slain sons and daughters at the old Lekki Toll Gate.

Advertise for the employment of 10,000 teachers with outstanding grades (First Class and Second Upper or Upper Credit) to start a process of repositioning teaching as a middle-class career.

Execute a Memorandum of Understanding with all Road Transport Unions for the implementation of a rehabilitation and retraining program, and take Agberos off our roads.

Invite bids for the design and construction of 100 km of rail across Lagos.

Host an education summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in into GRV's plan for partnerships to upscale public schools to the standards of the best private school.

Host a health summit with all stakeholders to get buy-in for partnerships to upscale services at Primary Health Centres to best-in-class, laying the foundation for an effective referral system.

A summit for various artisan associations such as bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, welders, carpenters, tailors and other technicians with the objective of creating a process for their certification and access to small-scale loans.

Working with my Party, the Labour Party, appoint first-class caretaker Chairmen for each Local Govt,
each appointee being skilled enough to be a potential Governor.

Set a date for Local Government elections.

Issue Guidelines to open up the BRT routes to all investors who meet the minimum standards. Create a program for widespread investment in public transport by all willing Lagosians and investors.

Issue Guidelines for markets to operate autonomously and appoint their own Iyalojas and Babalojas.

Release Guidelines for a new waste management system for separating waste to paper, plastic and organic from homes; a first step towards a world class system for turning waste into biogas and fertilizer.

Emergency rehabilitation of buildings and facilities in 100 primary and secondary schools pending comprehensive reconstruction.

Enumeration of all apartments that have been vacant for more than 180 days, and commencement of a program to ensure occupancy by 31st Dec. At least 100 such apartments are to be occupied in the first 100 days.

The commencement of the rehabilitation of 100 inner roads spread across all Local Governments in Lagos.

I am determined to set Lagos on course to become First World in 30 years.
Hold me accountable after the first 100 Days.

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Labour Party Candidate for Governor of Lagos State

Sponsored Post

This guy knows nothing abt governance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2023
missade:

If his plan is to dissolve Alpha Beta then he must have a working alternative to collecting taxes. It’s the taxes I.e internally generated revenue that will fuel most of the projects he may want to undertake. Hate it or leave it, tax collection in LASG is very organized in connection with the banks. Digitalized and very efficient…to dissolve he must find an alternative unless he doesn’t want to collect tax though. Which is how LASG really makes money making it the only state banks lend clean to…I.e without any form of security

So he wants to over tax every one.

Btw, what company will be the next tax collector, i guess the ones approved by him..

12 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by EPIJOE: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2023
Dapagun:
6. 10,000 vehicles. You want to bring more cars to Lagos. Is lagos traffic not enough for your people? You want 10,000 more vehicles so that everyone should kuku buy a bed and be sleeping in traffic

THIS IS VERY GOOD I SUPPORT THIS.

THIS IS WHAT STATES WITH HUGE LAND MASS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

BUT HE JUST GAVE CLUE OF DEVELOPMENT TO SOME GOVERNORS THAT DOESN'T REASON.

NO MATTER HIS PLANS..

IM IN FOR SANWO OLU.

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Angelfrost(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2023
feckos:

These guys are definitely paid. It's obvious, they're every where here attacking every GRV thread. I pity them.

Being paid is not enough IMHO!

How much can they pay a person to lose his mind defending fantastically corrupt people who have clearly kept him from reaching great heights...!

It's ridiculous and pitiable!

Even my friends abroad make fun of Nigerians because of this...!

To me, it's a mental health problem!

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2023
2019 press briefing at ikoyi, please do you have the clip or any source regarding this?

I'm interested
Unrated900:
Your first 100 days in office in your dream.
If you are to be a yoruba candidate to LP
Me and my house holds whom are 25 in numbers would cast our votes for you.
But you are triablistic sentimental person.
In 2019 at a press briefing in ikoyi you insulted the yorubas calling us rubbish afonjas.
This same land you want to govern.
Amadioha strike you where you are.
Useless boy...
Only In your life time would you be dreaming as a governor.
Go to your east and be governor

4 Likes

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by SenatePresdo(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Stop your beer palour gist and post fact here.

It's not a fact that Tinubu bribed delegates?

Alright, you won.

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Estello:

Chai……he thought this is his father's court room.

He will just increase salary. No thoughts of how

I took time to attached my tax remittance my question is this I work in a private sector what benefit do I get from lagos state govt.

And how do they spend my money as I pay as tax.

How has lagos state governments benefited me personally

This are my question

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Pityoobi: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Dey talk Wetin you no know oooo

1 Like

Re: My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

It's not a fact that Tinubu bribed delegates?

Alright, you won.

You were there when he was bribing them

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

30 Private Jets At Babangida's Daughter's Wedding: Nigerians React / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.