Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice (52670 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by sandra50(f): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2023
Who is this one?are you the wife in question?his mother would be so sad in her grave if she allows her wife's mother come live with them
Dindondin:
Send her away n let your daughter in-law send you away in future
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Leebeedo(m): 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
There should be no marriage to begin with.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Tripleaj(m): 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
Mr. Woman (husband) you are  the most executive idiot and Africa most valuable stupid Man, if you allow her mother to come stay with you. What is wrong with you. Your own Mother, could not come and stay with her son and grandchildren, just because you are the wife and your wife the husband,  commanding you on how to take good care of your own wonderful loving Mother, when she needed you most. Guy, you need to borrow sense and take sense by force.  According to Callmevirus, said; (My man you're the most stupid person that I have ever come across, your own mother suffered in the hands of your so called wife now you're thinking of what to do to her own mother, my dear I don't have any advice for you). 🤝 I agreed with him.

Mr. Wo(MAN), your future is much more important, please fix your home now and have rest of mind and inner peace tomorrow.  This is not love but stupidity of the highest order from you. Love your wife but use sense and be the man of your home. Don't break you home but fix it, because of tomorrow., according to dondavinchi, (U married a wrong woman and u will regret it all ur life because if u mistakenly accept her mother's u have cheated ur mum for all she did for u from birth let me tell u ur mother not staying with u contributed to her death don't be a fool gv her d same treatment she gave ur mum ,if not ur mother will not be happy with u).

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by montanaguy(m): 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
Most women are like that. They like their extended family members to visit and live with them but, they don't want to take eyes see their husband's family members.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by kellyaa: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
Na them

cococandy:

No it will not automatically be less work for the lady.
It requires a lot of sacrifice. Someone else’s sacrifice is not something you just expect from them as if you’re entitled to it. You’re not entitled to her sacrificing herself to care for your mom. She can do it herself if she wants to but it’s not something she owes you.

Why are you expecting her mom and your mom to have the same level of priority in her life? Her mom can die for her. Can your mom die for her?

A little thinking please
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by comradeMOSHOOD: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Bros, u b mumu
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Peppysco: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Zupay:

I am very certain I won't remember you just as you won't remember me.

Haba, your go to solution is "marrying a second wife", one would ask how does that solve the issue on ground? If a man is tired of the marriage, let him end it and work out providing for their children, if any and should have a clean head going into another relationship.

With this your comment, you WILL definitely remember him, mark my word.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by starbn(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
Wasted sperm to bringing unreasonable post to solicit for advice.
Kick her ass away with the idea of her mom coming into your house. If I'm your brother I give you just slap to reset that forgotten ill treatment she gave your mom.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by XTHRONE(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
ozalogbo:
I am the first child of my mother, and I have two younger male siblings. I am doing well financially. My wife is the last of four children in her family. My dad died when I was still in the university, and this affected my mum.

However, as she aged, her health waned. She was a retired teacher. My brothers are not in the country. Both of them are in Europe. I wanted to have my mother stay with me in her later years because of her health and loneliness but my wife did not want it.

Whenever she was ill and I brought her home to be with us, my wife was usually hostile, especially if my mum had stayed beyond a week. She did not hid her disapproval, and this caused problems in the marriage. People advised that I should send my mum away and pay someone to live with her and take care of her. They said that marriage was between a man and his wife, not between a man, his wife, and his mother. I did and peace returned. Eventually my mum passed on after a few years.

Along the line, my father in law also died. And down the line, my mother in law's health began to deteriorate. We live in the same town. Among my wife's siblings she is the only one doing quite well. Now there are suggestions that the mother should come and live with us so that my wife can give her proper care. I believe that her living with us and seeing her grandchildren will help her. And indeed i have no problem accepting her, but when i remember the treatment my wife gave to my mum, there is a strong revulsion, in fact, anger in me. I shared with a friend, and he advised i forgive my wife, but the revulsion is so strong that i would feel cheated if i agreed.

What do you guys think. She reminded me then that marriage was between a man and his wife only. Shouldn't this also apply to my wife now?

You are too soft that's why U are asking these stupid questions, is she feeding you, what kind of men do we have now adays, a woman, a common woman that will marry another man in split secs if things go south ask you to kick ur only mom out of your house and you did that. How I hate you, may the death of your mom hit you, u are a fool. Don't worry that stupid woman u call wife will do worse to u. Useless man, look at what u are asking, u are not even ashamed of ur self. U are a big stupid simp. First born for that matter. Just get out . No marry her and her Mom too, fool.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
..... It hurts to see that we have so many weak men parading as husband's. Who did this to us?

For the fact that your wife even have guts to voice out such issue to your hearing shows she doesn't respect you as a man.

My wife tried giving one of my younger brother a cold welcome just once and I banned all her siblings from visiting us. It was her parents and family members that came to beg me on her behalf before I changed my mind.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Akanoaaa(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
If you allow her mum to stay, your mum spirit won't forgive you and your dad will look down on you from heaven as stupid son. If your mum later died of loneliness, you're doomed for life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by OlawaleBammie: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
djon78:

Walahi people don't know when evil comes on them because of evil past deeds

Your mum was sick and needed to be loved closely, you rather sent her away coming here to lament on your wife's behavior

I will never forget my dad's mum, she started living with my Dad and us even as a young child. She lived over 15 years with us till she died at 103 years. The last two years was at one place pooing and shitting but my mother followed to clean up the mess.
Today my Dad is 80 in strength, vitality not on any drugs be BP or for diabetes. The way I see him, he will pass 100. My mum has been sick but God has kept her pass 70. We are praying make she manage reach 80 then if she wants to die we will be happy.

Good seeds matter. The kind of evil women we have now is terrible. Thank God I Know how to deal with my own. They are very selfish and self centered.

This guy may never reach him mama age, he already has a bad wife so karma is waiting.
Na only God's mercy that will deliver him shikena

U get what I am saying perfectly sir.

Karma is waiting for him as a husband...

But me ooh, my woman can not influence me to keep any of my parent away only if I don't want to let them stay around for personal reasons...

How will a woman influence me to do that?? Aswear she would rather leave the house for them
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
Did the op tell you that he could've nursed his own mother?

Then why did you made the assumption sice it was not inferred. Why? You just want your gender to win right?
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Zupay: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Peppysco:

With this your comment, you WILL definitely remember him, mark my word.

I WON'T because in my worldwiew, adding more wives into the household don't solve problems.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by sandra50(f): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
His refusal will react to what thing?did her own refusal react to anything then?if she passes her boundaries then he should send her back to her father's house
frozen70:

I understand how you feel about her treatment to your mum and eventually she passed on because she didn't get the care you have planned for her due to your wife refusal to cooperate with her

Now it's her mums turn, just allow her to come the one let her provide her needs while you focus on the family needs as usual

What she denied you off is what she is requesting your approval to get, such is life

Your refusal may react to another thing
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by ariesbull: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
ozalogbo:
I am the first child of my mother, and I have two younger male siblings. I am doing well financially. My wife is the last of four children in her family. My dad died when I was still in the university, and this affected my mum.

However, as she aged, her health waned. She was a retired teacher. My brothers are not in the country. Both of them are in Europe. I wanted to have my mother stay with me in her later years because of her health and loneliness but my wife did not want it.

Whenever she was ill and I brought her home to be with us, my wife was usually hostile, especially if my mum had stayed beyond a week. She did not hid her disapproval, and this caused problems in the marriage. People advised that I should send my mum away and pay someone to live with her and take care of her. They said that marriage was between a man and his wife, not between a man, his wife, and his mother. I did and peace returned. Eventually my mum passed on after a few years.

Along the line, my father in law also died. And down the line, my mother in law's health began to deteriorate. We live in the same town. Among my wife's siblings she is the only one doing quite well. Now there are suggestions that the mother should come and live with us so that my wife can give her proper care. I believe that her living with us and seeing her grandchildren will help her. And indeed i have no problem accepting her, but when i remember the treatment my wife gave to my mum, there is a strong revulsion, in fact, anger in me. I shared with a friend, and he advised i forgive my wife, but the revulsion is so strong that i would feel cheated if i agreed.

What do you guys think. She reminded me then that marriage was between a man and his wife only. Shouldn't this also apply to my wife now?

The Bible said the measure you give is the measure you receive

Tell her marriage is between two people ,she should get a care giver to stay with her mum

Shame on you for what you did to your mum
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by emani03(m): 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
You just said my mind

Marriage is btw man and wife.

Pay for her nanny simple.

So your wife can learn.
Darammliveth:

Kill that suggestion before it arrive! This case is very simple. Your wife should know better. What goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch! How can you be hostile to your mother in-law.

Let her mama stay with any of her eldest siblings. Thank God she's not the only child. Then you can send her money monthly for her upkeep. Lobatan.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Alsenora: 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
You must let out your bottled emotions regarding how she acted when she wouldn't want your late mum stay. Your healing starts from there, especially if she will see/own up to the bad manners she displayed....her action typifies most Nigerian wive's. However, there are some that wouldn't treat an inlaw like that.
ozalogbo:

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by emani03(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
I’m telling you the truth!

You can’t do that to your own mother and forgive her and accept her mother?

Nna make all man collect their clothes where dem bath!

ariesbull:

The Bible said the measure you give is the measure you receive

Tell her marriage is between two people ,she should get a care giver to stay with her mum

Shame on you for what you did to your mum
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Buhdeuce: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
ozalogbo:

Bro I'm not one to meddle in people's affairs but this hit me cause my experience is somewhat the same. Tell them NOOOO in capital letters.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Raalsalghul: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
shantti:
What is even the relevance of marriage in a Nigerian guys life. Absolutely nothing.
This guys mum would have been alive if he was still single and had kids from baby mamas

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
Why couldn't he nurse her himself since she's his mother like the wife wanting to nurse her own mother?

Aklee4994:
You’re asking a dumb question 🙋‍♀️ who will be taking care of his mother...For the wife who will be taking care of her motheris not she so if she is to take care of her mother why not to the mother of the husband also....

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by XTHRONE(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
cococandy:
When sick and old in-laws come to love with the family, the expectation is that the wife will be the one to provide care for the sick and old family member. So your wife should have the final say on who’s coming for extended say in my opinion.

Because let’s face it, your wife would have been the one to give your mom bed baths, bathroom care etc. now that her mom is coming, she’s still the one who will be expected to do that. Not you.

So it might not be the presence of your mom she didn’t want. She just didn’t want the extra responsibility which invariably falls on her. Before you ask why she can’t treat your mom the way she treats her mom, know that her mom will be willing to die for her but your mom won’t. That’s the difference

Just shut up, u women are hypocrite always supporting evil as long it means defending another selfish woman, listen speak ur truth , this is not gender war, if she couldn't allow his mom to come live with them for her selfish reason, she have no right to allow her mom to come over
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Rinoxy: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
GoldSantana:
What's good for the Greeks is also good for Uganda
What of Namibia?
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by ariesbull: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
emani03:
I’m telling you the truth!

You can’t do that to your own mother and forgive her and accept her mother?

Nna make all man collect their clothes where dem bath!

I wonder what she is asking the obvious

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Justbehave(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
Did the op tell you that he could've nursed his own mother?
What's wrong with this girl without brains? You sound so stupid with your questions. Pls get out from here.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
You betrayed your mother’s love because of a woman. You chose another woman and dumped your own mother, the woman who gave birth to you.
God forbid I give birth to simp like you.

My wife always prefers my mum’s presence in our house, because that’s when she gets to see the best of me.
I’m already making preparations to take in my mum when she gets very old. She will live me in my own house until her final moments In Sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Cashio(m): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
If anything happens in this life to require my mum moving in with me, instead wey my wife go prevent her from moving in with us, she go pack go her papa house.
Bleep!! If parents nor sweat fire train you, that silly woman of a wife probably would not have accepted you as husband.
Mum went hungry in order to see us feed, slept just three hours daily for over 20 years just to keep business going and see us survive, sent us to private schools in a neighborhood where majority attend public schools, fought for us if older peeps ever tried to bully us, would wake up even by 2am to prepare fufu just to ensure I had something to eat before leaving whenever I visit home.
Now,after all these, one woman will tell me to rent nanny for my mum when age gets her to her knees. That girl or whoever suggests that must be a bastard.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
Raalsalghul:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is not funny.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
Again you're not answering my question.

Let's just leave this because you're letting your emotions to take over your reasoning skills.
shantti:

Then why did you made the assumption sice it was not inferred. Why? You just want your gender to win right?
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by nwadiuko1(m): 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
The matured person in me would say, discuss it with her...tell her how bad you feel...forgive and allow the mum to come over..

But the realist in me would say....since marriage is between a man and a woman only....let it be so
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Rinoxy: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

[/b]

The Op can also accuse her of being responsible for the death of his own mother, if she thinks accusation is her hobby or exclusive preserve.
It's definitely not her exclusive RESERVE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply)

Nursing Mother With Her Baby Spotted At A Betting Shop In Lagos. Photos / Man And His Friends Storm Pastor's House, Demand For The Car His Wife Gave Him / Italy-Based Nigerian Man Jails His Parents For Sending Him Pics Of Fake House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.