Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice (52787 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
You see what I meant?🤣🤣🤣

Are those tears,
I understand
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by XTHRONE(m): 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
cococandy:
okay. Lol

U can always get another woman to wife, but u will always have only but one woman as a mother.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by smokeyupu(m): 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
TIT FOR TAT MY BROTHER!!!

DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE....

SMALL TIME NA WETIN SHE WANT CHOP DEM GO COOK

LET HER MAINTAIN AND HOLD HER TERRITORY AFTER ALL MARRIAGE IS FOR A MAN AND HIS WIFE

HER REJECTION OF YOUR MUM MIGHT HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO HER DEATH
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
How am I supposed to answer your question when you didn't answer mine

Nigerian women, u pple could do better by having a higher I.Q nah
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
shantti:

What is the correlation between this reply and my response to you. Nothing. Stop typing words to sound woke nne

How could you accuse me of what you are solely guilty of; comprehension. This is very ironic. You know that it also the USUAL expectation that the man will fund the medical bill should he let his mother in law stay in this house. Why didn't you factor in this. Can u show this this you so called stat. You now understand why I labeled u as being emotional.

From the story, we can only infer that he changed location after his wife said no. It says nothing about The caregiver, The caregiver could already had been nursing the woman at the op's house.Moreover, why can't his wife replicate the same thing. She should pay someone to look after her mother in another house. undecided

But you proved us right nah. It's not our fault. You could have changed the narrative by trying to the logical after reading this story, u could have called a spade a spade, but no, u started cooking up assumptions to favor your fellow wicked female gender that caused someone to die, typical of u females with the f monicker 🙄🙄

You’re making assumptions that he’s going to pay for his MILs health care costs but projecting that onto me. While I’m making an observation founded on facts that the woman is usually expected to be the care provider. I guess I can’t expect a non biased perspective from you.

I don’t take people seriously who use woke like it’s an insult. It’s giving you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just heard the word woke and decided that’s the new insult to latch onto. You don’t even know what it means

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
XTHRONE:

U can always get another woman to wife, but u will always have only but one woman as a mother.
true

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
Justbehave:
Lol. What is there in taking care of them? My agreement with them is I pay you,get you pregnant,deliver and leave. I have 3 from 3 different ladies that don't even know where their kids are presently.

I’m not asking about the ladies. I thought you meant the kids are not with you. Did I misunderstand that?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
And you could do better by being less emotional.. grin grin grin
shantti:

Nigerian women, u pple could do better by having a higher I.Q nah
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Justbehave(m): 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
cococandy:

I’m not asking about the ladies. I thought you meant the kids are not with you. Did I misunderstand that?
All my kids are with me.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
LMAO..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
shantti:

Are those tears,
I understand
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
Justbehave:
All my kids are with me.

Okay. Sorry I misunderstood that part.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Elzeeno(m): 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2023
What goes around comes around, your wife in refusing your own mother from staying in your house, never thought that a day will come when her own mother will face the same plight. Stand firm and kill the idea of letting her come in. Not out of revenge but because it has already been established in your home that marriage is between a man and his wife. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 11:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
cococandy:

You’re making assumptions that he’s going to pay for his MILs health care costs but projecting that onto me. While I’m making an observation founded on facts that the woman is usually expected to be the care provider. I guess I can’t expect a non biased perspective from you.

I don’t take people seriously who use woke like it’s an insult. It’s giving you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just heard the word woke and decided that’s the new insult to latch onto. You don’t even know what it means

What kind of sentimentalism is this.
Where is your so called founded facts. The same so called founded facts didn't project men as financial providers right? We are talking about a clime where men automatically becomes responsible for catering for his in-laws cos he married their daughter. I guess your so called founded facts was forged by a woman.

Ma, pls u r the biased one here. Stop what u are doing. What the hell is this. Is it cos it is your fellow woman. My own reasonings are mere assumptions while yours are well founded facts. Right?

I hate arguing with sentimental people
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
LMAO..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I understand
Cry harder cool

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Rinoxy: 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
cococandy:

That’s why you should prepare now and learn how to care for your own parents instead of hoping that one day you’ll marry someone who will do it for you.
Married, an orphan.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by robbase: 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. So she shouldn't come. Stick to the template of marriage is two some and not three some
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2023
Samantha124:
And you could do better by being less emotional.. grin grin grin

Have you read all you've typed undecided
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Mrbllymer: 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
cococandy:
that’s not to say she doesn’t work.

wrong
a great option that I think she should explore

Categorically is false.
An NL survey is a sample of biased test subjects. Not a dependable sample set
an assumption doesn’t mean she does! We both working with assumptions doesn’t make your points more valid.

Lmao, I repeat men are majorly the financial provider in many homes in Nigeria. Ain’t saying women don’t contribute though. Some are even fond of saying “your money is our money and my money is my money” keep deceiving yourself , ITS THE TRUTH.

Lmao do you know anything about data analytics ? If you do you wouldn’t have made that last statements.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Judolisco(m): 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
Me ino dey use my mama play oh... If my wife tell me say my mama no fit stay with us...i go tell her straight dat is like she wants to go back to her father's house.... With d suffer wey my mama suffer untop my head another person pikin no go understand....

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2023
Rinoxy:

Married, an orphan.
I’m asking you to prepare to care for your parents. How’s that connected to who I’m going to marry?

You in particular, how are you preparing to care for your parents? That’s my question.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by marostan(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
For the fact she acted such way towards my mum, her's isn't stepping anyway near my house to live. I'll also hire someone to take care of her mother too. There's no need for negotiations because there won't be any. She treats my own mother such and wishes hers to be treated better. This is isn't karma catching up with her but that's Golden Rule playing out. ''Do unto others what you want them to do unto you''.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
Mrbllymer:
an assumption doesn’t mean she does! We both working with assumptions doesn’t make your points more valid.

Lmao, I repeat men are majorly the financial provider in many homes in Nigeria. Ain’t saying women don’t contribute though. Some are even fond of saying “your money is our money and my money is my money” keep deceiving yourself , ITS THE TRUTH.

Lmao do you know anything about data analytics ? If you do you wouldn’t have made that last statements.

The way she cooks up invalid assumptions and throws out valid assumptions is baffling.

It is more founded that men are financial providers than women nurse their husbands sick relatives.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2023
Mrbllymer:
My assumptions are based on facts. Facts that are being proven right as we speak. I’ve been asking the men who are quoting me how they intend to care for their aging parents and none of them has been able to confirm that they are actually working on learning the necessary skills. Some say caregivers while the rest resort to insults when they feel cornered by the question. Tell me again that my assumption about them leaving those tasks to women is wrong. My inference is drawn from a completely logical premise. If I’m wrong y’all please tell me how many of you are actually hands on care givers. I’m waiting.

not in today’s economy. Keep lying to yourself

A condescending quip that doesn’t actually add to the conversation. What’s your basis for assuming I don’t know data analytics? And if I didn’t, so what?
Does it Change the fact that you guys leave care giving to the women or sometimes pay for it? Or that women in current economic Nigeria are expected to bring financial contributions as well? If you’re so sure, ask your fellow dudes on here what they think of women who depend on them.

But you’re not really ready for the true conversation

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
If you think you’re right and I’m wrong, please create a thread today or tomorrow and ask your fellow guys how they feel about marrying a woman with no job and have to provide financially for her for the rest of her life. We won’t even talk about him providing for her family. That’s out of the question.

Read the responses you will and tell me again who’s being sentimental. I don’t know what you gain from lying to yourselves. You hate and insult women who depend on you. And you don’t hide it. In response women today are more than represented in the work force and still have to be the main caregivers at home.

Something’s gotta give. Deal with it or don’t. But it’s true

shantti:

What kind of sentimentalism is this.
Where is your so called founded facts. The same so called founded facts didn't project men as financial providers right? We are talking about a clime where men automatically becomes responsible for catering for his in-laws cos he married their daughter. I guess your so called founded facts was forged by a woman.

Ma, pls u r the biased one here. Stop what u are doing. What the hell is this. Is it cos it is your fellow woman. My own reasonings are mere assumptions while yours are well founded facts. Right?

I hate arguing with sentimental people

4 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Zupay: 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
Luckysbab:

And why not?

Who knows the kind of pepper she will show him when he is frail?!

He should the end marriage with the first then remarry though there is no guarantee the second one would treat him when he is frail in as much men tend to endure in their second marriage what they couldn't in their first
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by NwaliE01: 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

if the above is how your wife felt about your own mother coming to stay with you guys, then she has NO RIGHT to expect her own mother to come stay with you guys... NONE!
Exactly my submission.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 11:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
shantti:

The way she cooks up invalid assumptions and throws out valid assumptions is baffling.

It is more founded that men are financial providers than women nurse their husbands sick relatives.

Okay then correct my wrong assumptions.
how are you preparing to care for your older relatives (parents) as they get older and possibly ill. What steps are you taking today as of now to prepare yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by LastProphet: 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2023
Neweramify:
Op your wife was wrong, but try and understand her fear. Most women feel inconvenient around their mother inlaw. Not because she hates her mother inlaw but for the fear of the unknown.

Let her know how you feel knowing she wanna bring her mum in when she rejected your mum. I'm sure she will feel remorse of her action.

Permit her to bring her mum, cause if anything happen to the old woman, she may accuse you of one thing or the other.

Who told you she will feel remorse? It depends on the level of servitude the wife has already put this op under. That time op was comfortable he should have rented/bought a house for his mum near him, I know men who put their mum in their BQ beside them with maid /driver etc, their wife dare not disturb. Op if your mother lived with you she probably would still be alive today, but now your wife wants to save her own mother abi? Tell her what she has cost you and what she thinks now that's her own mum, use her reaction to decide
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by Jalo60(m): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2023
What you did to your mum, in order to pleased your wife is totally wrong. Your mother have died been angry with you. Now, Let your wife decide what you would be doing henceforth.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by shantti(m): 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
cococandy:

Okay then correct my wrong assumptions.
how are you preparing to care for your older relatives (parents) as they get older and possibly ill. What steps are you taking today as of now to prepare yourself?

Am not handicapped
Moreover there are caregivers undecided
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by efavour: 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

if the above is how your wife felt about your own mother coming to stay with you guys, then she has NO RIGHT to expect her own mother to come stay with you guys... NONE!
None at all, me will not free if marriages wan scatter make it scatter. I hate cheating. Abeg make una carry that forgive and forget commot here. Everyone need to have a taste of what they dish out.
Re: Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice by efavour: 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2023
Darammliveth:

Kill that suggestion before it arrive! This case is very simple. Your wife should know better. What goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch! How can you be hostile to your mother in-law.

Let her mama stay with any of her eldest siblings. Thank God she's not the only child. Then you can send her money monthly for her upkeep. Lobatan.
Seconded

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.