Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? (17384 Views)

How Do I Move From A Relationship Where He Suddenly Ignores Me / Counter Thread: Why Do Some Relationships End When The Guy Goes Broke? / Guys Which Of These Two Ladies Would You Prefer To Marry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by jaxxy(m): 10:19am On May 02, 2023
BloomingDale:
Walai, I’m enjoying this thread.

Men look for women that will benefit them the most in marriage, hence the term wife material. There is nothing like love in their vocabulary. That is why a man can substitute the house help for his wife. To him the house help is of more benefit.

Ladies should learn to do the same. If a man ain’t of no benefit to you, just throw him out like thrash or substitute him.

yes or no u dey shalaye to convince urself for who? undecided

is it all men that do what u stated there?
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by shineeye1: 10:20am On May 02, 2023
shaybebaby:
Depends on the reason why he "suddenly" went broke and his attitude after the brokenness began.

Financial irresponsibility? Yup, I'm out. Something like loss of job, downturn in business through no fault of his? I stay.

Woe is me attitude and refusing to get back up with something doing, however little? I'm out!

Concerted effort to rebuild? I'll stay.

Can you see them? This is their class rep o. What more do you wanna know?
For better for stay, for worse for go..
You need these , only for SHORT REST..
They are the pay-as-you-go generation. Better have no dealings with them. If you must mingle with these, use them as sex partners but never life partners. The best you can profitably use them for is as baby mamas after DNA tests. A man marries this at his own stupidity and sealed misery in life..

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by frozen70(f): 10:21am On May 02, 2023
Brokeness:
Maybe due to some financial constraints or some bad economic policy in the country. Would you still stay with him?

Every matured or reasonable woman is expected stay behind

But if the man had that money and never played his role at home

Whatever he sees, let him deal with it
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by pocohantas(f): 10:22am On May 02, 2023
shineeye1:

Can you see them? This is their class rep o. What more do you wanna know?
For better for stay, for worse for go..
You need these , only for SHORT REST..
They are the pay-as-you-go generation. Better have no dealings with them. If you must mingle with these, use them as sex partners but never life partners. The best you can profitably use them for is as baby mamas after DNA tests. A man marries this at his own stupidity and sealed misery in life..

You are crying. Marry a man and have peace.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by diogo23: 10:24am On May 02, 2023
xendra:
Men will you stick to your woman if she suddenly loses a leg and both eyes and cant function in the house and bedroom anymore?

its how this gender that is not capable of loving anyone genuinely are always quick to demand being loved.

only 2% of men are good and this 2% dont make noise o, its the terrible ones that will always come out to talk nonsense about women and relationship
Look at how stupid you sound
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Princessdainty(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2023
A sensible male should dissolve any relationship he's got with a female if he goes broke.

Channel your energy into productivity, use your time wisely. Don't allow any woman stay with you should you go broke.
It will zap your energy and masculinity

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by pacespot(m): 10:58am On May 02, 2023
As far as I am concerned as a man, Nigerian women are not the problems in this country. Until you experienced the toxicity among Nigerian men towards each other, you would never understand the truth in that statement.

I am in my late 30s but I can tell you vividly that I've never for once encountered any issue with Nigerian women in all my deals with them. Anytime I run into trouble, it is always because of fellow Nigerian men, and most often because of this inexplicable jealousy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by folake4u(f): 11:01am On May 02, 2023
Ambassadors of Poverty. undecided
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Popeonah(m): 11:08am On May 02, 2023
xendra:
Men will you stick to your woman if she suddenly loses a leg and both eyes and cant function in the house and bedroom anymore?

its how this gender that is not capable of loving anyone genuinely are always quick to demand being loved.

only 2% of men are good and this 2% dont make noise o, its the terrible ones that will always come out to talk nonsense about women and relationship
Are you sure you understood the topic?
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Robella(f): 11:11am On May 02, 2023
If he goes broke what happened to my own money? relationships/marriage is about partnership.

Brokeness:
Maybe due to some financial constraints or some bad economic policy in the country. Would you still stay with him?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2023
xendra:

Shut up
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by DEngima: 11:14am On May 02, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

No matter how crazy a mad man is I will never fight him.
This saying applies offline and online.
Seems you are the online version.
Please seek therapy
I thought the rules on nairaland platform includes No insult and bullying 🤔 but I see this days ehn 😂😂,I fear unaa o Anyway I am new here 😅
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by policy12: 11:17am On May 02, 2023
pacespot:
As far as I am concerned as a man, Nigerian women are not the problems in this country. Until you experienced the toxicity among Nigerian men towards each other, you would never understand the truth in that statement.

I am in my late 30s but I can tell you vividly that I've never for once encountered any issue with Nigerian women in all my deals with them. Anytime I run into trouble, it is always because of fellow Nigerian men, and most often because of this inexplicable jealousy.

Bros the op is actually talking about marriage if the lady in your life will leave in case u eventually go broke?

Funny enough a total stranger met me this morning, a grown up man but from the look of things u will know he is going tru some challenges. As i opened my car door and put my feet down he approaches me and find it difficult to utter a words he later pick his words when i encourage to speak no matter what the issue is.

This man lost his job since last year, and since then things has been so difficult for him, according to him he has not taste any meal since ystaday afternoon. He told me how is wife is frustrating him and threatening to pack out of the marriage that has produce two kids.

He was talking and u can see his teary eyes even when he is trying to hold back the tears, the water won't just stay back. After narrating his story i told him how i went tru the same path some few years back and why he shu encourage himself that things will get better.

The answer to the op question is that out of 10 ladies only 2 will stay with their men if things are difficult, the remaining 8 will tell u the story of ur life, and ur mate are making it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Kog45(m): 11:21am On May 02, 2023
A friend lost his job and jobless for more than 10years and faced a lot of unimaginable things but to everyone surprised his wife stood firmly.

This lady did a lot to extent of hard labor job,fetching water in construction site to assist her husband….This was a family that had it so good before but wife never succumbed to any pressures.The family survived it and the husband did well by buying his wife Toyota Camry 2015 after lost his two cars to poverty.

I asked myself can one see such a wonderful woman,people said not possible.In early days of their marriage they are okay but things turned to the worst to the extent of a very beautiful lady turned to water carrier for construction site.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by ariesbull: 11:31am On May 02, 2023
I think you have a comprehension issues, they asked a simple question that demands yes or no , here you bring in comparative analysis

Nigerian education is terrible

How did you pass ENGLISH COMPREHENSION IN SECONDARY SCHOOL?

It is a shame
xendra:

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by olabrinks(f): 11:38am On May 02, 2023
The mental exhaustion of carrying the home will depress me. If he can take care of the kids and home whilst I work and provide, there might be balance. If I’m expected to do everything, it won’t work, as I’m not a machine. So my answer is no.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Chidolalar: 11:39am On May 02, 2023
Newsneako:

God created woman to depend totally on the opposite gender why do you have problem with that. If you're a male and you are not ready to accept this fact you don't deserve a woman.
Where and how did God create a woman to depend on a man?
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Kog45(m): 11:44am On May 02, 2023
policy12:

Bros the op is actually talking about marriage if the lady in your life will leave in case u eventually go broke?

Funny enough a total stranger met me this morning, a grown up man but from the look of things u will know he is going tru some challenges. As i opened my car door and put my feet down he approaches me and find it difficult to utter a words he later pick his words when i encourage to speak no matter what the issue is.

This man lost his job since last year, and since then things has been so difficult for him, according to him he has not taste any meal since ystaday afternoon. He told me how is wife is frustrating him and threatening to pack out of the marriage that has produce two kids.

He was talking and u can see his teary eyes even when he is trying to hold back the tears, the water won't just stay back. After narrating his story i told him how i went tru the same path some few years back and why he shu encourage himself that things will get better.

The answer to the op question is that out of 10 ladies only 2 will stay with their men if things are difficult, the remaining 8 will tell u the story of ur life, and ur mate are making it.
Yes you are right about women but we have exceptional ones,a friend’s wife saw hell with her husband for 10 years but they survived it and kudos was given to the woman for her perseverance cuz the sufferings no be here o.Imagine a lady with a car before working in construction site as laborer….The lady is the talk of the town now with her 2015 Camry bought by her husband for her loyalty
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by randymirrors(f): 11:50am On May 02, 2023
I'll stay with him if and only if he stood by me in the past as well. It's not only men who go through challenges. What's good for the goose is good for the gander o jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Tallesty1(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2023
pocohantas:

I would never understand the obsession with this kinda topic in a country where 95% of the population do not have N400,000 saved at every given time. Are most Nigerian men now that rich?
Back in the day we had 2go dating rooms for teens and young adults but they no longer exist so nairaland romance section is the new 2go dating room.

@emboldened. Miracle no dey tire Jesus.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Kendrick80(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2023
Very unlikely but not impossible lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Assurance2023: 11:58am On May 02, 2023
xendra:
Men will you stick to your woman if she suddenly loses a leg and both eyes and can't function in the house and bedroom anymore?

it's how this gender that is not capable of loving anyone genuinely is always quick to demand being loved.

only 2% of men are good and this 2% don't make noise o, it's the terrible ones that will always come out to talk nonsense about women and relationships

There is hope for a broke man, he can still get it right and be back on his feet after the financial crisis.
Can that applicable to the woman who is affected by all those you've listed?
Mind you, only the jobless, useless and dependent woman always thinks this way.
Man and woman are meant to be helpers, especially in times of tribulation.
Women who are fond of manipulating everything to suit their narrative and desires are red flags because they will never be wrong in whatever they do.
Meanwhile, they hate corrections and will never apologise when they are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by ednut1(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2023
Some will stay, most will japa
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Chidolalar: 12:07pm On May 02, 2023
Newsneako:

God created woman to depend totally on the opposite gender why do you have problem with that. If you're a male and you are not ready to accept this fact you don't deserve a
woman.
And if d man becomes broke due to one circumstances or d other, den d woman should follow anoda man bcuz God made a woman to depend on a man abi?
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by policy12: 12:15pm On May 02, 2023
Kog45:
Yes you are right about women but we have exceptional ones,a friend’s wife saw hell with her husband for 10 years but they survived it and kudos was given to the woman for her perseverance cuz the sufferings no be here o.Imagine a lady with a car before working in construction site as laborer….The lady is the talk of the town now with her 2015 Camry bought by her husband for her loyalty

Wow o I cut cap for her, her type are rare.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by sharone21(f): 12:16pm On May 02, 2023
Yes I will stay..... However, as a man u must not just fold your hands and lament over and over about the situation but get to work and praying to God for direction, divine helpers and favor.

The devil is happy when u as a man is broke and down: He uses it to weaken the family system and make children wayward....

If the ONLY major role u are to play as a man ( unlike a woman's that is multifaceted eg being pregnant x3, pushing out x3, house chores, cooking/ breastfeeding/ doing home work for junior etc apart from going out to look for money in order for men/ society to tag her a truly virtuous woman) you FAIL, u have indeed failed unless maybe u are incapacitated physically ie being physically challenged.... U need to pity that woman in your life who is doing so much and maybe taken somewhat for granted by u.

It is easier being a man than an a woman especially when not doing things illicitly.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by okeke6969: 12:20pm On May 02, 2023
Now I understand the meaning of lazy youths.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:21pm On May 02, 2023
Brokeness:
You guys should stop asking funny questions.

Is marriage a joke?

Or what does, for better or worse mean to some of you exactly?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by qtguru(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2023
olabrinks:
The mental exhaustion of carrying the home will depress me. If he can take care of the kids and home whilst I work and provide, there might be balance. If I’m expected to do everything, it won’t work, as I’m not a machine. So my answer is no.

I'm glad you appreciate the mental toll men carry on for the household. Because we too do get depressed especially if that effort at home is not appreciated.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by jayred: 12:41pm On May 02, 2023
U better change this your mindset before man use you play suwe, where did you see that in the Bible? Yes a man's responsibility is to take care of his family but that doesn't negate the fact that a woman should solely depend on a man for her livelihood, the topic itself shows that a man's finance can dwindle at any time, then what will be left of you in such a scenerio, jump to the next rich man available I guess and keep jumping.. Too bad
Newsneako:

God created woman to depend totally on the opposite gender why do you have problem with that. If you're a male and you are not ready to accept this fact you don't deserve a woman.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by tosinhtml: 12:42pm On May 02, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

You guys should stop asking funny questions.

Is marriage a joke?

Or what does, for better or worse mean to some of you exactly?

Lol, but the question is very valid nau. It is very normal, men are likely to leave a sick spouse while women are likely to leave their broke spouse.

Most for better for worse usually end up in separation in Nigeria as opposed to divorce, then sometimes they get back together later on.

It is also depressing to stay with a broke spouse, so let's just keep it real.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by coolxpaul(m): 12:43pm On May 02, 2023
I thought it's for better for worse

Abi dem don change am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Will You Do If She Is Your Girlfriend (photo) / Can A Girl Possibly Beat Her Bf In Wrestling? / Why Do Females First Pretend Not To Be Interested In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.