Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest (3592 Views)

CAN Headquarter Disassociate Itself From Pastors Who Paid A Visit To COZA' / Chris Okotie And Tom Sampson: 2 Nigerian Pastors Who Own Rolls-Royce / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2023
GreatVocalist:
■ Go and read my response again. I will not waste my time on you if you're not willing to be open-minded.
1. You actually intend for me to open my mind to accepting soundbite ideas and doctrines which have no basis in scripture, for reals? undecided
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
GreatVocalist:
■ You expect a verse that will lay it all out the exact way you want to see it? No, my dear. You can't have that. You're not the only person in this world, and God won't water down His word just to suit your own opinion.
■ If you can't submit to a Holy-spirit led interpretation, then it's your loss. It won't change who God is.
1. So, what you claim is not scriptural but instead born of the doctrines and theories of men, is what you are in fact saying? Jesus Christ never claimed to have fought this battle of dominion which you assert but you convince yourself that He did anyways? undecided

2. Holy Spirit interpretation? Where is that stated in scripture abeg? According to Jesus Christ, the way to receive understanding — not interpretation, mind you — is to use the understanding one already has - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 12 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 28 & Matthew 25 vs 29 - meaning that so long as a one obeys, the Father — not the Holy Spirit — is bound to reciprocate with more understanding. So where do you get off restricting things to the Holy Spirit who is available, by the way, only to those who become holy and acceptable vessels for Him to inhabit and lead - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23? undecided
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2023
GreatVocalist:
■ No, open your mind to reason, and not bias.
■ You're repeatedly asking a question I've answered. You don't see the answer because you want me to give you the response you want, that's close-mindedness and you can't be teachable that way. Don't confuse it for critical thinking.
1. That I am open to and reason is why I implore you to provide scriptural evidence to back up the claims you continue to make regarding your dominion battles and the lot. undecided

2. You did not even remotely broach any of the questions as you instead continue off on some unrelated tangent. Process each of the questions as presented, please.

■ Why do you — one who claims to believe and trust in Jesus Christ —need to fight the enemy when Jesus Christ already informed you that He had overcome the enemy on behalf of those who belong to HIm in addition to giving them His everlasting peace to buttress them through the sufferings and tribulations they would peace? undecided

■ What reason does one who claims to belong to Jesus Christ have to fight any enemy or battle when instead of war, Jesus Christ has bestowed on them His peace— the opposite of war/battle— instead? undecided
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LikeAking: 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
Jackanda1:
Are you honestly convinced that this world is only physical and has no spiritual component?

I have had so many personal experience that you might not even believe if i bother to tell you. But the spiritual aspect of this world is so real.

There are bad and dark powers as well good ones in this realm and beyond, staying neutral as an atheist/agnostic doesn't exempt you from their influence.

Like i did, you need to begin to ask yourself questions and open your heart. Atheism and hardness of heart shuts you out of reality.

What has your experience done for humanity?

1 Like

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 10:29am On Apr 29, 2023
LordReed:

I stopped believing 14years after my uncle's death so no I didn't stop believing because of it.
In your post you said that GOD doesn't show up when the chips are down. I suppose this is what fueled your transition to atheism.

Imagine a child denouncing and fighting his father just because he didn't meet a particular need he asked for.

What sort of child would that be??
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2023
LikeAking:

What has your experience done for humanity?

My experience inspired this post which i believe would help athiest and aspiring athiest retrace their steps back to God.

So what have you done for humanity?
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Image123(m): 11:27am On Apr 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

When has someone's testimony suddenly become reality? How do you know they didn't lie?

Reality like i mentioned is what WE have seen and handled. i am guessing that they taught you the meaning of WE in primary school. If you forgot, you may want to use a dictionary.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Image123(m): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

And those people can lie?
Are aware many people in many religions can swear that their gods are real, and yours is fake, and when you ask them why, they say the exact thing you say now?

Those people can lie, there is also a huge possibility that they can tell the truth. You need to find out for yourself, and not just sit in a hole and make conjectures. We conveniently use people to make all our court judgements, elections, sports decisions, school certifications and recruitments. But atheists wannabes(of all people) always want to educate us that humans are not reliable when it comes to God. Don't you find it very funny?
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Image123(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Niflheim. You're doomed there if you don't accept Thor

Says who? No one except comic atheists wannabes.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by KnownUnknown: 11:41am On Apr 29, 2023
Are you honestly convinced that this world is only physical and has no zomolite component?

I have had so many personal experience that you might not even believe if i bother to tell you. But the zomolite aspect of this world is uber real.

There are positive and negative powers as well neutral ones in this realm and beyond, staying neutral as a theist/atheist/agnostic doesn't exempt you from their influence.

Like i did, you need to begin to ask yourself questions and open your liver.Theism and hardness of heart valves shuts you out of reality.

1 Like

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Jackanda1:
In your post you said that GOD doesn't show up when the chips are down. I suppose this is what fueled your transition to atheism.

Imagine a child denouncing and fighting his father just because he didn't meet a particular need he asked for.

What sort of child would that be??

Kindly point where I gave that as the reason I stopped believing.

1 Like

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
FxMasterz:

First you need to understand that the Spiritual things answer to spiritual principles.

Power comes by association with God. Praying, studying the word and fasting. That's all. Anyone can have the power of God.

But applying the power answers to principles. These principles are knowledge based. Without knowledge, you could destroy yourself. I think that happened to one Silas whose posts I read here a few days ago.

Knowledge is what strikes the balance. God's word says '"My people perish for lack of knowledge."

Knowledge is more important than power, but people seek power without seeking knowledge and so the power is of little use to them.

LoLz. My uncle was a pastor. These are the very things he used to teach. Same thing with Tb Joshua. Even Archbishop Benson Idahosa. No one is immune to the vagaries of life. If you like call it demons or destruction, the fact remains that nobody is immune. I can show you videos of Pastor Ina Omakwu preaching these very things but guess what he died of brain cancer. Sir, nobody is immune.

2 Likes

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by FxMasterz: 1:53am On Apr 30, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. My uncle was a pastor. These are the very things he used to teach. Same thing with Tb Joshua. Even Archbishop Benson Idahosa. No one is immune to the vagaries of life. If you like call it demons or destruction, the fact remains that nobody is immune. I can show you videos of Pastor Ina Omakwu preaching these very things but guess what he died of brain cancer. Sir, nobody is immune.
I don't know all the other people you mentioned up there. I know only Idahosa. Please, we do not regard TB Joshua as a true servant of God.

Idahosa was warned about his pride. When God was to take him away, He sent him messages upon messages through the wife of his spiritual father but he didn't listen.

Idahosa walked in the power of God but for his pride, God took him away. Actually, when a child of God begins to err, God lovingly calls him home so that he wouldn't end up a candidate of hell.

While many believers suffer for lack of knowledge, pride is another weapon Satan uses against those who walk in the anointing.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 3:54am On Apr 30, 2023
FxMasterz:

I don't know all the other people you mentioned up there. I know only Idahosa. Please, we do not regard TB Joshua as a true servant of God.

Idahosa was warned about his pride. When God was to take him away, He sent him messages upon messages through the wife of his spiritual father but he didn't listen.

Idahosa walked in the power of God but for his pride, God took him away. Actually, when a child of God begins to err, God lovingly calls him home so that he wouldn't end up a candidate of hell.

While many believers suffer for lack of knowledge, pride is another weapon Satan uses against those who walk in the anointing.

LoLz. SMH. Look up Pastor Ina Omakwu and Family Worship Centre it's all on the internet.

I know you interpret everything in terms of the god and the devil but you just show that there really is no difference between Christians or any other group of people when it comes to the vagaries of life. No matter how much you pray away the demons.

1 Like

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by FxMasterz: 4:20am On Apr 30, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. SMH. Look up Pastor Ina Omakwu and Family Worship Centre it's all on the internet.

I know you interpret everything in terms of the god and the devil but you just show that there really is no difference between Christians or any other group of people when it comes to the vagaries of life. No matter how much you pray away the demons.
It looks like that to you as an outsider. If you don't know what happened internally to those few people you mentioned, you can't generalise. You failed to talk about the millions of others whose cases are different from those few you mentioned.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2023
FxMasterz:

It looks like that to you as an outsider. If you don't know what happened internally to those few people you mentioned, you can't generalise. You failed to talk about the millions of others whose cases are different from those few you mentioned.

LoLz. Which millions of others? How many million people have gotten healed of brain cancer vs the millions that have died from it? Let's start with that one.

2 Likes

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Jackanda1(m): 7:41am On Apr 30, 2023
LordReed:

Kindly point where I gave that as the reason I stopped believing.
I might not understand your decision, but i understand an atheists mindset very clearly.

I was an atheist, i know about the supposed contradictions or irrational stories in the bible, the problem of evil and unanswered prayers including all the pro atheistic arguments.

I have followed and listened and read the ideas of several popular and well informed atheist for years. If i show you some of the posts i made as an atheist, you'd be shocked that i'm the same person. For me to be preaching today shows that something serious happened to me.

Accepting God, Jesus and the bible has a lot to do with humility and becomng like a child.

Hardening your heart, hating and turning against God or disbelievng the supernatural would not change anythng, rather it puts you at a disadvantaged position.

Like me, you can make a u-turn, but your heart won't change except you want it.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 8:11am On Apr 30, 2023
Jackanda1:
I might not understand your decision, but i understand an atheists mindset very clearly.

I was an atheist, i know about the supposed contradictions or irrational stories in the bible, the problem of evil and unanswered prayers including all the pro atheistic arguments.

I have followed and listened and read the ideas of several popular and well informed atheist for years. If i show you some of the posts i made as an atheist, you'd be shocked that i'm the same person. For me to be preaching today shows that something serious happened to me.

Accepting God, Jesus and the bible has a lot to do with humility and becomng like a child.

Hardening your heart, hating and turning against God or disbelievng the supernatural would not change anythng, rather it puts you at a disadvantaged position.

That's the point! There isn't an external force doing anything! Thanks for making my point for me. LoLz.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by FxMasterz: 11:06am On Apr 30, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Which millions of others? How many million people have gotten healed of brain cancer vs the millions that have died from it? Let's start with that one.
You have the statistics, so show us the stats with verifiable sources.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2023
FxMasterz:

You have the statistics, so show us the stats with verifiable sources.

I have statistics from verifiable sources for those who have died from brain cancer, you provide statistics of those who have been healed from brain cancer by your spiritual methods with verifiable sources, let's compare.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by FxMasterz: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2023
LordReed:

I have statistics from verifiable sources for those who have died from brain cancer, you provide statistics of those who have been healed from brain cancer by your spiritual methods with verifiable sources, let's compare.
So, provide your statistics. And please be aware that the statistics must only include those who died from brain cancer in Churches.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2023
FxMasterz:

So, provide your statistics. And please be aware that the statistics must only include those who died from brain cancer in Churches.

I never limited myself to churches. Look at my posts concerning this did I write anything about churches?
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by FxMasterz: 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
LordReed:

I never limited myself to churches. Look at my posts concerning this did I write anything about churches?
No we're talking about the power of God and the vagaries of life in relation to the Christian faith. You can only use statistics from within that circle except you want to say that the church is responsible for everything that happens in the world.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Image123(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz, you don't even personally know two people who have brain cancer, rudderless reed. Yet, you are looking for people healed of it to START with. On a wild goose chase as usual.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by Wilgrea7(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2023
Several issues here.

Jackanda1:

An atheist's mindset isn't some universal thing. The only thing common among atheists is the lack of belief in a god. This could be because of a number of reasons. So except you've read the mind of all atheists somehow, i doubt the validity of your statement.

These things listed above are barely what i would consider good atheistic arguments. Sure they could make a case against a particular god or type of god, but not the existence of a god in it's entirety.

For example, the problem of evil makes a case against a good god.. but it doesn't exclude the possibility of a sadistic god, which is still a god nonetheless.

Biblical contradictions make a case against the christian bible alone.. not the entire concept of a god. If these are the "atheistic" arguments you're talking of, then you may need to find better ones.

I previously asked you to share the things that made you move from atheism to Christianity. You're yet to do so. Now I'm even more curious.

How does one "accept" God and Jesus exactly?.. what does that even mean?

How does one harden their heart? How are we turning against a god whose existence is still yet to be proven?

1 Like

Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by LordReed(m): 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
FxMasterz:

No we're talking about the power of God and the vagaries of life in relation to the Christian faith. You can only use statistics from within that circle except you want to say that the church is responsible for everything that happens in the world.

The vagaries of life affect everyone including those in the church. All you need to do is provide verifiable statistics of those millions in church who have been healed of brain cancer let's compare it to the general population to see if there is a difference in the rate of survival of brain cancer patients amongst the church population versus the general population. You are free to limit your statistics to church attendees.
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by jaephoenix(m): 10:56am On May 01, 2023
Image123:

Says who? No one except comic atheists wannabes.
Says Thor apostles
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by jaephoenix(m): 11:02am On May 01, 2023
FxMasterz:

What are the evidence of 'walking in anointing or power of god'?
Re: Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest by jaephoenix(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2023
FxMasterz:

Which millions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marine Spirits, Stronger Than Witchcraft But.... / A Pastor Who Came To Preach Was Spotted Fighting his listener(video&photos) / What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.