Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,011 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56885 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by nwadiuko1(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2023
saphiere:
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.
your mind shaa dey somehow. Women are becoming very bitter these days ..

I had a case on my desk last Thursday, a junior staff was rude to her supervisor, and when I went deep into the matter, I found out that the lady was wrong in every aspect, in order to defend herself she told the panel that the said supervisor had asked her out.....my reply was " and so what?"

He asked you out and you declined, does that give you the impetus to be rude to him in the office? If this issue hadn't come out would you have reported that he asked you out?....

Women should always think straight and leave this victim mentality.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ppogba: 8:09pm On May 22, 2023
lopeshola:
I think one thing you failed to do as a manager was not asking if she has a problem or something disturbing keeping her back everyday. You said she really needed the job yet she came late everyday, that should tell you something is not right. Sometimes we need to know what our staff are going through as an employers, except they aren't ready to discuss their personal issues.

In a one man business, it is not the business of your boss to know the hell you are passing through. The case in question is most likely a one man business.
Structured HR can only be found in big multinationals. Trust me, companies with sane HR policies are few and far between in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by IamtheTruth1(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

Yea. You did exactly what every employee would do. To be honest but then again. That 24yr old might actually be going through a lot. Alot if people are going through a lot. Some people have to play father when Dem never born self. You could have at least just ask her what's really bothering her. Then if the reason was clumsy or a lie. You fire her.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by SmartyPants(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

In the developed world you will be on probation for months and in probationary periods, you can be fired without warning.

I do agree that he should have at least asked some questions to have the full picture and be sure that the lady is genuinely not serious.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by darelar5(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2023
Seriously she read for job you do the right thing
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Sermwell(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2023
Akpacha:
Oga, She came late for the interview because she does not trust de job and after the interview, it was confirmed to her what she felt about the job, she knew she can't do such a job. I know say na one small money u tell her to say u go pay her as salary* we could see u are not bold to say her salary here.
Alot of youths like you lack ethics and commitments. Maybe because you don't have responsibilities and you don't care about building a good CV or refrees. Report or attestation of your former employer give a very good profile to your new employer.

If you don't need or can't do a job, why take it and soil your image or profile with your stupidity?
Just last week, a lady who worked with me came to plead for an attestation letter to submit to the embassy for a job she got in Dubai. She needed me to attest that she had 5 years experience with us. I obliged her because she did her job well while with us.
Do you think I would have done that for a stupid employee?

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by YorubaPrince: 8:14pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

WRONG! In the U.S, all private employment are "at will"
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ppogba: 8:14pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

One of the most commonly used word on Nairaland is SUE.
Somebody fights with ground nut seller, sue.

One would have expected Elon Musk to have gone bankrupt if that is the way they sue in the advanced world that you people talk about every day.

Abi, Elon Musk no dey hire and fire ni?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by SeriouslySense(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2023
smiley smiley
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2023
Both you and her are at fault.
Why did the last admin officer left?
How much is her salary?
Why do you employ a late Comer?
Is the office convenient, is there work for her to do?
How many staff, do you have?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

You are very correct. Some of them are hustlers. The remuneration from the job is not enough for them, they are just looking for a place to spend their idle time. Their main job is hustling.

Two years ago, the Chairman of a popular plaza in VI sent me to do something in his office. The key to his office is with his PA. I got to the place before 8a.m, the lady came around 10.30a.m . I observed this thrice. Last year, when I went there I met another lady which showed that she has left or sacked.

The new lady has three expensive Android phones and was either answering calls or chatting. From there, I concluded some ladies are not ready to work. This is not limited to ladies alone, most young guys that are thinking of quick money and fast lane living are not ready to work as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Tadeus(m): 8:17pm On May 22, 2023
victorazy:

What's this one saying? sad
So she doesn't owe the office any obligation?
Some offices they don't even allow u use cell phone not to talk about wasting my precious 1hr.

Is her resumption time not 8am? Don't you know he can be sue for that too?

Must u comment?
Plz give ur mother back her phone.

Lol. You actually the kid or novice here. What happened to query? You don't just fire by calling your worker to go back. He should make it official or else that lady will sue him.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Pat081: 8:19pm On May 22, 2023
You do well the office is not her family office when she will be able to come and go anytime she wants, but you should have asked her why she use to come late to work too
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by mymadam(m): 8:19pm On May 22, 2023
jaszplus12:

Just dance to Fuji garbage!!
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Flangelo12: 8:20pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

For probabation period?
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Flangelo12: 8:22pm On May 22, 2023
jaszplus12:

Just dance to Fuji garbage!!

Indomie go just dey look your post.

grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by bluefilm: 8:22pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

You experienced it with one lady.

You concluded that many are not ready.

Are you sure you're normal?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by mymadam(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

Normally n an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.
If I may ask, is she a 'yellow pawpaw'? You understand why I ask now wink
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by CaptainFM1: 8:23pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Your job is a Hussle for her. Her plan is to leverage and be meeting her prospective clients from your platform.

She was sleeping at work during daytime and was on personal phone call for an hour. Undoubtedly, she's Olosho!

She's not getting enough sleep at night because she's running her main job at night! Glad you fired her. These woke generations don't want to work. President Buhari is right to call them "Lazy".
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ONNYX: 8:25pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

This is not altogether true. She would be silly to take this to court.

There is no way she would even win.

The work ethic in those countries are indescribably positive. No room for nonsense and ingredient.

Why warn a 24 year old who came to an interview late; slept on duty in the first week of resumption, came two hours late....

Nest thing you will hear is that she wants to be paid for the days she worked for.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by victorazy(m): 8:25pm On May 22, 2023
Tadeus:

Lol. You actually the kid or novice here. What happened to query? You don't just fire by calling your worker to go back. He should make it official or else that lady will sue him.

No! Wait for your MD to kneel and ask if he or she can fire you..... All these local champs that have not travel out of the shores self grin

Go let Mr. Trump tell you how many lazy ass he fired on daily bases.

Lazy children trying to protect their own grin

So u don't know that late coming to work, sleeping on duty and answering calls are crimes. We just dey do anyhow in Africa. Go and study.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by kernniejay(m): 8:25pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
If you ask me for my opinion, I will say that the girl actually did not need that job. She only experimented with the application and she would definitely be surprised that she was employed. She wanted you to sack her because she doesn't really have interest in the job, and she was sure you would do just that when she exhibits such disgusting attitide.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:26pm On May 22, 2023
First week on the job and already misbehaving. Did you ask her why she comes late?

Night job? Dropping off kids?
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by JC2021: 8:28pm On May 22, 2023
I have come to realise lately that many are not ready to work. Many of the so-called jobseekers are very entitled, they want the best working conditions, yet lack basic work ethics. Whenever I hear of unemployment, I laugh. There are jobs, but many of those seeking are very incompetent with unrealistic expectations and high self worth.
Many want to start from the top, ignoring the process of working bottom to top. All want to work in big companies, forgetting the big companies were once small and unstructured.
Unless we realise as a people the value of legal works and develop positive work ethics, I'm sorry, the future of this country is scary.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by valETA1(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

She can not go an come an kill her self grin in her mind if she die no attend grin
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by deebrain(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2023
For someone that is an employer of Labor myself, youth of these days are below average.

It's terrible, to be frank!

Sometimes I wonder what this wrong. Before you know it, it's the "you are the enemy of progress" tag they will give you. And you cannot correct them!

I hate to admit Buhari was right partially with that lazy youth line!
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ekitimanalways(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world[/b] and watch her sue you.
In a developed world, employees can be dismissed if they are persistently late! There is nothing preventing employers from going down this route.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ogify1(m): 8:32pm On May 22, 2023
saphiere:
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.
You don’t deserve to be pampered. Sorry

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Bfly: 8:34pm On May 22, 2023
Maybe what you offer her as salary is too small. And she decides to use your office to pass time.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by africandollar: 8:37pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Mtchew! Someone that shouldn’t have even been hired in the first place. Abeg how does someone just show up 2hrs late for an interview without any good reason? Na OP cause this wahala for himself.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ItisWell22(f): 8:37pm On May 22, 2023
victorazy:

What's this one saying? sad
So she doesn't owe the office any obligation?
Some offices they don't even allow u use cell phone not to talk about wasting my precious 1hr.

Is her resumption time not 8am? Don't you know he can be sue for that too?

Must u comment?
Plz give ur mother back her phone.

God bless you. 🙏

I wonder what’s wrong with irresponsible, young lads who think the real world is what they watch on TV. 😏

In the developed world he mentioned, them born am well go work 2 hours late?

Them born am well sleep on office desk during work hours?

Them born nam well leave him desk dey answer phone call ( wey no be emergency) for over an hour?

The lady the op talked about is just plain stupid (whether naive or actual stupidity)… 😏

I hate grossly irresponsible individuals! 😠

deebrain:
For someone that is an employer of Labor myself, youth of these days are below average.

It's terrible, to be frank!

Sometimes I wonder what this wrong. Before you know it, it's the "you are the enemy of progress" tag they will give you. And you cannot correct them!!

Really terrible times we are in!

Worst part is they can’t be corrected.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by GboyegaD(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Na lie, she can't sue him cos she's still under probation and most employment is as is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary? / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.