Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father (35115 Views)

Court Marriage Without Paying Bride Price / Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by thisisit: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
FIRST THING FIRST..

GET HER PREGNANT FIRST B4 BRIDE PRICE.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by luminouz(m): 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
GboyegaD:

Whose name does she bear? The father or the stepfather?

That said, I don't understand why you want to poke your nose into what isn't your business. If you want to know the man just for the sake of it, all good. You should work on your fiancee and make her see reasons why she should at least have interactions with her dad and that way, you both can start having interactions with him. However, your objective of wanting to go investigate is unnecessary. The daughter is who you are getting married to and that is the person you need be united with and concerned about and not the extended family.

I know you will say something simpish like this. You NEVER disappoint me!!!

I'll be waiting for your breakfast story soon. E go sweet me die

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by kapelvej: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Good morning mature men and women in the house. Please I need your help on this topic.

My Fiancee told me about how her biological dad abandoned her and her mum after getting her mum pregnant.

Her mum later married another man who adopted her as his child.

Now she's grown and I've proposed to her, I wanted to go for her official introduction and list collection.

Would it not be nice to hear the biological father's opinion? Should I just ignore the fact that the man is still alive and proceed with the marriage arrangement?

Although she said I should not bother about that, but this is Nigeria and as an Akwa Ibomite I don't think it's proper. Although she's against me trying to find out about the man's opinion. Should I care?

What can you say about this?

Note: she only told me that the man abandoned them, but what if it was her mum that actually took her away?
Well, you could have cleared all the grey areas before the proposal.
Fir me, the lady should tell you what happened by herself. It is also very important you see the father of the girl. But you must keep an open mind devoid of bias

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by oweniwe(m): 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
Joseph77200:

This isn't a good take on, women lie a lot and you can't judge an issue like this without hearing from both parties and what of if this narration was sold to the daughter and the son-in-law-to-be because the mother-in-law is trying to cover up some past event, what of it she ran away with the child and never let the real father has access till now? Let the guy go ahead and look for the real father that is the best to do.

Women can paint and color any situation to suit their selfish interest.

Everyone else is to blame for a shortcoming, they are never at fault and it is not their responsibility. They will find a man to blame for it
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by hohafrank(m): 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
Seeing your father in-law is very important traditionally.Try by all means to reconcile them.
This is bad omen if you can't reconcile them.You will be treated the same as your father in-law to be.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jovialjune1:
All of you will rest las las, keep typing from your imagination just to castigate women, even if we choose to believe your fiction, who do you think you are to want to meddle into what is not your concern?

Do you think the lady and her mother haven't thought of the traditional effect before deciding to go ahead with the wedding? The step dad that took care of her since childhood, is he a dunce to not know her dad abandoned them thereby marrying and taking care of them? The dead beat that remained a deadbeat all these years, why didn't he look for his daughter if he really wanted to be a part of her life? Did her mother's marriage to another man stop him from looking for her? The lady abi na fiancee that told you he abandoned them, do you think she wouldn't have made an effort to hear from him as a grown adult and still see that he's still the same?

It's not by force to marry her, she sees her step dad as her father, being a sperm donor doesn't automatically make one a father, if the step dad is not enough for you, move on to other ladies.

I am glad you were swift in spotting the motives of this thread:
1) to stir up reaction warning men from dating or marrying daughters of single mothers. I am shocked that the male commenters are yet to disparage him from proposing to her

2) to accuse women who are victim of male depravity as being bitter.

3) to sham single mothers

I was wondering why they will not be bothered on how to navigate this regime with fuel price of almost 600 naira per liter( as men are mostly drivers than women) but still they will not let women rest

6 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Edipet(m): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Good morning mature men and women in the house. Please I need your help on this topic.

My Fiancee told me about how her biological dad abandoned her and her mum after getting her mum pregnant.

Now she's grown and I've proposed to her, I wanted to go for her official introduction and list collection.

Would it not be nice to hear the biological father's opinion? Should I just ignore the fact that the man is still alive and proceed with the marriage arrangement?

Although she said I should not bother about that, but this is Nigeria and as an Akwa Ibomite I don't think it's proper. Although she's against me trying to find out about the man's opinion. Should I care?

Note: she only told me that the man abandoned them, but what if it was her mum that actually took her away?
is the step father dragging the the Bride price?? Is he really concerned about the pride price and the traditional right? ..if no. Please locate the father. It a respect. Let the father now feel guilty of what he did, he might decide not to show face if he was actually the cause of the problem. You know how some part of akwa ibom behaves, like Etinan, ikot Abasi, mpat enin, onna,.. they are so proud, if the girl mother Was a proud type she might be the one that refused to settle everything with the dad or she refused her daughter from even relating with the man because of ego. That biological father might be a nice man, just that the daughter and the wife refused to come close to him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by zezebabs: 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
I didn't even know people still get married to Akwa Ibomite and PH women as 98% of them are into prostitution, abi you no dey see wetin dey happen for Lagos etc
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by complexstuffs(m): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
xavuv:

If i were you,i would discard the lady and mother together. What bitterness!

They should let you go and see the biological father, just to show face and rub minds. Even the step father should come in and make them see reasons for you to go and see the real father.

Such a fiancee is full of bile, understandably implanted in her by her mother. That bile will still be there for you to wrestle with when your time comes.

She will show you shege.

MetaBroadBand listen to this advice and be very careful. The lady seems to me like disaster waiting to happen
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by MrDoGood(m): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2023
satelliteDISH:

This is a very tough one.
The girls mother is very bitter. She has been nursing that bitterness all her life since she got pregnant. She doesn't want the man that got her pregnant and abandoned her to reap from the gains that come through the girl.
That is her revenge. To her, that is justice served.

To go see the biological father might not go down well with your mother in law and she will hate you for this.
Since your fiancee and her mother have disowned the man. They have acknowledged the step father as their father and husband, go and honour the step father with the necessary traditional items.

The biological father cannot come out of the blues and reap from where he didn't invest for over 20+ years of the girls life. It is an unfair trade.
You don take sides after listening to one party. Hear from both first!

This is Africa my brother.
The young man is actually trying to do the right thing.

He should talk with the wife to be her mother. Then go see her real dad. He's still alive. It's an abomination and forbidden in so many parts of Nigeria for another man and his people to receive the bride price of a daughter who's not theirs.
Even the step father will tell them to go and see her real dad.

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Joseph77200(m): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2023
virginprincess:
It is your financee who decides the people you should and shouldn't meet in her family,since she said meeting her biological father isn't necessary i think you should let it be,she must have a reason for saying that,afterall the father didn't play a significant role in her in life so i don't see a reason why you should be concerned for a man who didn't care about his family,i think you should go ahead with the father figure in her life,afterall it was a man like him that took them in when he abadon them so her step father has every right over her and he should be appreciated for all his effort,it is not easy to take care of another man's child especially when the useless father is alive.

What if the mother took away the child from the dad because she wanted to marry someone else? I have seen a situation where the mother denied father access to their own child because of selfish reasons so we can't judge the real father without hearing from him first I feel like the mother sold a negative narrative to the child about his real father and now the child is doing same to his husband to be.i think the best is for the man to go find out from the real father, let him go look for him and that is the best way to know what been happening truly
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Joeman1: 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2023
yes you should try.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Avast(m): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

Women with the same format, it is always the husband that abandoned them. I heard the same story from my mum, but thank God for the wisdom, I would have hated my father for sins he has never committed

Fear Woman

3 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by mrmislim: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
oweniwe:

- I expected your tirade.

- Let me repeat again, the wedding/bride price.... IS JUST A FORMALITY.

- If the groom is interested in seeing the biological father, or he thinks it's just the right thing to do, after greetings, small talks and some drinks, what else remain? Nothing more. After the wedding, the groom doesn't have business with him again.

- If we are to turn it around... The groom mother is still alive somewhere, but the groom don't want his bride to see his mother at all for whatever reasons, WILL A SENSIBLE, PROSPECTIVE BRIDE BE COMFORTABLE WITH THAT KIND OF ARRANGEMENT? I understand that women like to dish out treatments that they themselves cannot and will never accept or imagine. That is why some women in that situation may be comfortable with their groom not getting to know their father. It's fine with them.

But if the tables are turned, except the man have something the woman cannot do without, she won't blink twice before discarding the relationship. CAN YOU APPROVE YOUR DAUGHTER TO MARRY A MAN WHO DOESN'T WHAT YOUR DAUGHTER TO KNOW HIS BIOLOGICAL MOTHER? You will be thinking... What kind of marriage will your daughter be getting herself into?

- So if the groom thinks it's best for him to see the man, it's not an abomination... If you see it as abomination, that is bitterness is pro max, it's not healthy. If the bitterness suits you like that, it's okay, no problem.

- But just for the purpose of the wedding, if the groom want to see the so called deadbeat father, let him be. After the wedding, anyhow the bride want to do her family relations, that's her business

There's nothing hard in that. All that strong worded reply you wrote is very unnecessary

Wait, you mean if your wife abandon 3 children with you who are less that 5 years old and they are now in their 20s and one of them is getting married, you’d look for her and make her attend the wedding, greet people, drink and merry? Because obviously she carried their pregnancies and she’s their mother just for the sake of formalities?

Please answer this sincerely, after that I’ll know what to say to you.

And those words are very much necessary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Omogelle(f): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
[Exactly quote author=Creamypie post=123480514]Oga, try locate him, no matter their explanation. Irrespective of his short comings. Tell them your family must acknowledge him. You will understand later. You have to hear from both sides. Your family have full right to meet him and his people.u may be surprised that she deliberately kept her father away from their lives after she met her husband, and us am to pepper the man when shes grown up.na so one wedding we attended in ogwashi uku, delta state, the girl mama no want us to meet her dad people ( dad is dead from stroke, cos of her mum wahala) even the man people were scared when we eventually went to meet them. Her mum made sure she isolated and seperated her late husband from his family, after which she frustrated him to b.p, stroke and eventual death. women[/quote]
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by complexstuffs(m): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Micheal56:
Please get this clear
Your father is the one that take care of u not the one who gave birth to you

No
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Emaytex(m): 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

Ette if you want Peace in ur marriage, meet the said biological father and the step father.
He's the biological father, give what he requires from you." Nah yam wey person want chop de make person hand touch redoil"
Akwa ibom matter de diff from the grammar wey them de blow for nairaland o

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by complexstuffs(m): 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jovialjune1:
All of you will rest las las, keep typing from your imagination just to castigate women, even if we choose to believe your fiction, who do you think you are to want to meddle into what is not your concern?

Do you think the lady and her mother haven't thought of the traditional effect before deciding to go ahead with the wedding? The step dad that took care of her since childhood, is he a dunce to not know her dad abandoned them thereby marrying and taking care of them? The dead beat that remained a deadbeat all these years, why didn't he look for his daughter if he really wanted to be a part of her life? Did her mother's marriage to another man stop him from looking for her? The lady abi na fiancee that told you he abandoned them, do you think she wouldn't have made an effort to hear from him as a grown adult and still see that he's still the same?

It's not by force to marry her, she sees her step dad as her father, being a sperm donor doesn't automatically make one a father, if the step dad is not enough for you, move on to other ladies.

No one asked for your own personal experience
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
If the girl is using the step father's surname, then it's not necessary to meet his biological father.

If the mother doesn't want you to meet the biological father, then no need meeting him. As long as someone collects the bride price, you don't have a problem

5 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Fiscus105(m): 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

Paying bride price to step father? Is it not on wedding day that husband to be usually paying bride price? In which he would pay it for father or whoever represent father.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Joseph77200(m): 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
oweniwe:

Women can paint and color any situation to suit their selfish interest.

Everyone else is to blame for a shortcoming, they are never at fault and it is not their responsibility. They will find a man to blame for it

Exactly my point too they don't want accountability and always out acting like a saint, I just hope the husband to be go look for the real father and find out what actually happened because I feel like the mother sold a very bad impression about the real father to her daughter already which made her hate her real dad and now she is toiling her mother path
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Armanipounds: 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Well, I'm not yet married but at least I'm not bereft of common sense.
Firstly, Love shouldn't blind you to the extent that you fail to hear from both sides... In a serious issue as marriage, there is no room for secrecy. The both parties are meant to be open and transparent about this... Because it's for a lifetime.
Secondly, don't rule out the fact that they might be lying against the man! We don't know what and what stories the mother might have fed the daughter with... Look tell your would-be wife that your own parents insist on meeting with her biological father and also her stepfather... She will bulge eventually
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by MrDoGood(m): 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

Let me be honest with you, if she and her mother doesn't allow you go see her biological father, call everything off and save your head.

The mother has filled her with hatred and she will do same to your children if anything goes wrong.

Even her step father will advise you guys to go see him. He's the one to collect the bride price. This is Africa, voodoos it real. Miserable will be an understatement if the father mean her. The mom has poisoned her mind and she's game with her bitter mom.

Her mother might not even want her to find out some truth and what lead to the break-up.

It's not something you should deliberate about. Be firm about it. No option cos you won't find peace.

If they kick against it, dump her and seek for peace ✌️
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Jidefido(m): 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
I had something similar. I insisted on meeting the father at all cost. I did meet the father with my parents. In my own case, what I was told was very different from what we found out from the man. Extended members from the father side gave us more gist later on. Guy, look for the father. Even if he is a deadbeat, look for him and tell him you want to marry his daughter. He should be informed no matter what. Never get involved with the step father in this matter. All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Streetmovement(m): 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I pray I don't marry from a disjuncted family, In situations like this it's very hard to separate the real from the fake.

Oga take any advise you want from anybody here plus your fiances, or do the one wey dey your mind, doesn't matter which one you follow but understand one thing, whatever decision you go with, be ready to stick to it no matter the outcome and be unapologetic about it, either good or bad.

That's all I have to say...Goodluck on your new found mission cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by GboyegaD(m): 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
luminouz:

I know you will say something simpish like this. You NEVER disappoint me!!!

I'll be waiting for your breakfast story soon. E go sweet me die

Let me simp at least, it is my simping. You who keep worrying about people dumping is the real simp because you are pained your life isn't as beautiful as you want it and wish everyone be miserable as you. I understand misery wants company. You can go about looking for those who don't understand life and how to balance it to deceive.

Oga, go learn how to be a man so that you can enjoy your woman and all the privileges that comes with being a man. Trailing and tagging everyone a simp because they appreciate life and understand the act of living only tells of how much of a nuisance you are becoming.

As for breakfast story, na where your hair go very finish you dey so dey wait till eternity on top wetin no go happen.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Ade1177: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
Micheal56:
Una still Dey marry
Where Una Dey see money Na

It's not expensive

People get married every week

Once you find a marriageable girl

1m budget carry everything even less

Just don't marry any girl that you can't Control

Forget love

Only marry a girl that adores you and you can control

Because after a girl gets what she wants that is marriage and just 1 child

The love disappears

Remains EITHER RESPECT or She Frustrate your life

3 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Elbizzcklinz(m): 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

You have to care. My wife dad didn't pay her mother's bride price, death later took him and she married another man

As culture demand, she is still his child, we had to go to the late husband family to pay my wife's bride price.

We didn't neglect the step father, we still recognised him cos he trained her. We gave him the fathers money even if we paid the late dad family.

We just have to get it done.

So you have to do the right thing so that it doesn't affect your children.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by bukatyne(f): 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
It is things like this that give men the guts to mess up, be deadbeat dads and be assured that someone is coming to look for them tomorrow.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ / 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents / Mum Runs Mad Over News Of Death Of Baby She Waited Seven Years To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.