Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky (2986 Views)

I Am Sorry For Believing Daddy Freeze Now I Know Who The True Christians Are / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / #BibleStudyWithKumuyi || The Blessed Bible-Believing Doers Of The Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MightySparrow: 11:16am On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

If a congregation of just 500 people pay their tithes to me monthly... You dey whine? Cash out big time

Point o' correction...
The fuel tank doesn't house oil, it houses a feul known as petrol. Petrol isn't oil, it is a fuel. Two different things

Okay, both are fossil products for different things. So what you quoted is wrong scripture for wrong argument.

You display ignorance when you want to mock God
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by vdestro: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Haaaa! Everybody coman chee chom chin.

Even Dangote still dey find money.
I bet you don't have 20Billion in your account

On top the 20billion plus wey dangote get, him still dey pursue money, dat no tell you say na curse be dat?

If person drink water hin no stop no be magun be dat?
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Well I've said the honest truth... Whatever you think or conclude in your mind is basically all on you. Since you are me, you can tell me how I became an atheist then

That's what you're programmed to say but in reality humans are born blank everything you are doing was inculcated (indoctrinated as you were told by white atheists) in your brains.
But prove me wrong by keeping little babies in the same place with little dogs or goats or pigs make sure they're not spoken to neither should anyone give them any sign on how to do things like humans then you will know that everything you have in your brains now were inculcated (indoctrinated) not what you developed all by yourself.
Ọmọ you became an atheist due to what others around you are saying so you were influenced by what they think, say and does! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
MightySparrow:

You are just rantio. You have not explained, tasting of the power of the world to come.
A thousand boycotting the question is not equal to the answer.
JWs are wrong self acclaimed teachers. It is funny when you harass people to learn nonsense from deluded people.
Give answer nah!

If you're not a dummy how can lies be taste of the power of the world to come?
Jesus will heal all mankind so that all those in his domain will be cured completely not some lies where your Papa will do tricks then tell others inside the same church that they don't have faith after coming from far distance in search of the miracles you people lied about?

Bàbá the power is all about PEACE throughout the earth under God's kingdom and Jehovah's Witnesses are enjoying it today as we're enjoying a spiritual Paradise where none of us feel like killing his neighbour talkless killing our fellow believers due to politics and racism as you people often do and promote among you!

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by JasonScoolari: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
MisterBanny:

Lol .. God will help those disabled people around you. I don't think any pastor can help that situation, even traditionalist can't help.

I need u to pls send me 3k so I won't continue to starve. God bless you Sir
See how your life has turned out to be.

You're insulting Obi on every thread but will come on the religion section to beg for 3k and 7k from FRANCISTOWN

2 Likes

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by Aemmyjah(m): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Does this mean that in a population of 2Billion+ that we have in the world, not just a single person is real?
It's simple. The ones in the Bible were not real to begin with

The ones in the Bible were real
Secular ancient history also attest to it
Miracles have ceased
True Christians today proclaim the hope of God's kingdom (Matthew 28:18,19)
True Christians are identified by their love, not wonders
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by Aemmyjah(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Someone gave me their flier one time like that, so one day I just finished sweeping my room and instead of using a packer. I saw the flier and I decided to use it instead, but as I turned it around. I saw someone interesting at the back.
Flipped on the other side of the flier was written a testimony of a woman who said she was kidnapped, upon arrival at the kidnappers' hideout. Oyedepo's flier dropped from her bag and his picture started to speak in tongues, so the kidnappers got scared, left her alone and even have her some dough to help get back to the city.

Now my disappointment was not at the woman who shared the testimony.
My disappointment was with the idiot who put something like that as a testimony. Like I don't get, are people mad now?

Flier was speaking in tongues?? Ha! You people should fear this your imaginary "god" now. It's such a shame that I was born a Nigerian I swr.

I've said this once and I'll say it again. Nothing else can shake anyone who has shaken off the concept of God and religion in this life

It's wrong to use what fake men of God did to judge God
Read Matthew 23 and see Jesus condemned the religious leaders in his time. You will be shocked as they even Burnt down houses of widows and did not allow young men to honor their aging parents. Will you have allowed the ills of the Pharisees and Sadducees stop you from listening to Jesus?
Will you conclude that all religion are corrupt and there is no way to God?

Remember that it is God that put spirituality or longing to know him in us just like longing for food and water. Because you hear that most restaurants food have been poisoned, will I up u conclude that all food is bad and you will abstain from eating again? No, you search for clean healthy food
Similarly, if you see that most banks are fake and cash out counterfeit money, of course, you will be disappointed. You won't abstain from getting cash or thinking all financial institutions are bad but simply and carefully examine the one that is fair with clean money
Because most of your friends betray you will not make you conclude that all humans are bad and isolate yourself. You will suffer

God has given us this spiritual need and he too must provide the way to guide us to satisfying this need well. If you follow the wrong way, you will suffer but if you follow the right way, your life will become meaningful. So allow the Bible to guide you like a map to finding true worshippers of God.
Jesus himself said that people who are worshipping God in the wrong way are like those on a broad way leading to destruction and they are many. But he said there is a right way that have God's approval but the road is cramped and those on that road are few but leads to everlasting life. There is no neutral road. Either you are on the road that is leading to destruction (without God's approval) or you find the road that leads to life

May you have peace!
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by Aemmyjah(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

When and where did the Bible say miraculous healing will cease in this age?

Good question but make sure to u confirm the following with your Bible too

Heb. 2:3, 4: “How shall we escape if we have neglected a salvation of such greatness in that it began to be spoken through our Lord and was verified for us by those who heard him, while God joined in BEARING WITNESS with SIGNS as well as PORTENTS and various POWERFUL WORKS and with distributions of holy spirit according to his will?”
(Here was convincing evidence, indeed, that the Christian congregation, which was then new, was truly of God. But once that was fully established, would it be necessary to prove it again and again?)

1 Cor. 12:29, 30; 13:8, 13: “Not all are prophets, are they? . . . Not all have gifts of healings, do they? Not all speak in tongues, do they? . . . Love never fails. But whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease . . . Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (When they had accomplished their purpose, those miraculous gifts would cease. But priceless qualities that are the fruitage of God’s spirit would still be manifest in the lives of true Christians.)

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by Aemmyjah(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

As a matter of fact, the end time church and believers are ordained for great power, see Joel 2: 1- end

I quote from verse 26- 30

Joel 2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed. 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Part of that prophecy was fulfilled after Jesus ascension when the disciple were empowered with the holy spirit on the day of Pentecost

Read Acts 2 in its entirety

Also, note verse 30 and 31. Have you seen them fulfilled?
So it may be literal, it may not but it signifies that powerful wonders wil occur
Today that so called believers are divided in teachings and practices and they seem to give honor to men instead God, is it through these ones that God will use to perform good works?
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
JasonScoolari:
See how your life has turned out to be.

You're insulting Obi on every thread but will come on the religion section to beg for 3k and 7k from FRANCISTOWN

So he's even a politician! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 10:56am On Jun 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Part of that prophecy was fulfilled after Jesus ascension when the disciple were empowered with the holy spirit on the day of Pentecost

Read Acts 2 in its entirety

Also, note verse 30 and 31. Have you seen them fulfilled?
So it may be literal, it may not but it signifies that powerful wonders wil occur
Today that so called believers are divided in teachings and practices and they seem to give honor to men instead God, is it through these ones that God will use to perform good works?

The Bible one of the greatest books of fictions says that this end time church is ordained for exploits.

"For the kingdom of God is not in words but in power"

Whoever says Christians are not expected to demonstrate the power of God is either naive or an Antichrist

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 10:59am On Jun 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Good question but make sure to u confirm the following with your Bible too

Heb. 2:3, 4: “How shall we escape if we have neglected a salvation of such greatness in that it began to be spoken through our Lord and was verified for us by those who heard him, while God joined in BEARING WITNESS with SIGNS as well as PORTENTS and various POWERFUL WORKS and with distributions of holy spirit according to his will?”
(Here was convincing evidence, indeed, that the Christian congregation, which was then new, was truly of God. But once that was fully established, would it be necessary to prove it again and again?)

1 Cor. 12:29, 30; 13:8, 13: “Not all are prophets, are they? . . . Not all have gifts of healings, do they? Not all speak in tongues, do they? . . . Love never fails. But whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease . . . Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (When they had accomplished their purpose, those miraculous gifts would cease. But priceless qualities that are the fruitage of God’s spirit would still be manifest in the lives of true Christians.)

I've still not seen a place where the bible states it that miracles will cease in this end time.

Even Jesus said without signs and wonders these people will not believe.
And that's the reason people do not believe it. There is no sign and there is no wonder.

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 11:02am On Jun 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It's wrong to use what fake men of God did to judge God
Read Matthew 23 and see Jesus condemned the religious leaders in his time. You will be shocked as they even Burnt down houses of widows and did not allow young men to honor their aging parents. Will you have allowed the ills of the Pharisees and Sadducees stop you from listening to Jesus?
Will you conclude that all religion are corrupt and there is no way to God?

Remember that it is God that put spirituality or longing to know him in us just like longing for food and water. Because you hear that most restaurants food have been poisoned, will I up u conclude that all food is bad and you will abstain from eating again? No, you search for clean healthy food
Similarly, if you see that most banks are fake and cash out counterfeit money, of course, you will be disappointed. You won't abstain from getting cash or thinking all financial institutions are bad but simply and carefully examine the one that is fair with clean money
Because most of your friends betray you will not make you conclude that all humans are bad and isolate yourself. You will suffer

God has given us this spiritual need and he too must provide the way to guide us to satisfying this need well. If you follow the wrong way, you will suffer but if you follow the right way, your life will become meaningful. So allow the Bible to guide you like a map to finding true worshippers of God.
Jesus himself said that people who are worshipping God in the wrong way are like those on a broad way leading to destruction and they are many. But he said there is a right way that have God's approval but the road is cramped and those on that road are few but leads to everlasting life. There is no neutral road. Either you are on the road that is leading to destruction (without God's approval) or you find the road that leads to life

May you have peace!

You are getting it all wrong, or lemme say you are going too far.

The thing is, there is no proof for this God that we are talking about

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The ones in the Bible were real
Secular ancient history also attest to it
Miracles have ceased
True Christians today proclaim the hope of God's kingdom (Matthew 28:18,19)
True Christians are identified by their love, not wonders
"This sign shall follow them that believe , they shall speak in new tongues and they shall cast out demons"
Jesus never said miracles will cease. Infact he said it will increase.

So therefore, it's either the bible is fake or there isn't anything called miracles to begin with

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's what you're programmed to say but in reality humans are born blank everything you are doing was inculcated (indoctrinated as you were told by white atheists) in your brains.
But prove me wrong by keeping little babies in the same place with little dogs or goats or pigs make sure they're not spoken to neither should anyone give them any sign on how to do things like humans then you will know that everything you have in your brains now were inculcated (indoctrinated) not what you developed all by yourself.
Ọmọ you became an atheist due to what others around you are saying so you were influenced by what they think, say and does! wink

Who programmed me to say that please?

I already said they the child begins to see thru the eyes of the society.
Any child who grows up amidst atheists will also be an atheist. It's not rocket science.

I didn't become an atheist due to what others are saying around me.
I already became an atheist before I knew about NL.
I've never met an atheist face to face all my life.
I grew up in Solid Christian home, I was a member of the evangelism unit.
Bro! There is nothing you can tell me

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ you became a Christian due to what others around you are saying so, you were influenced by what they think, say and do! wink

And not because you've tasted God yourself

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

@Any child who grows up amidst atheists will also be an atheist. It's not rocket science.

@I didn't become an atheist due to what others are saying around me.
Please can you correlate this two contradicting sentences?

The first you said all children are influenced by those around them so if you're always in the gathering of atheists you will be an atheist!

The second say you didn't become an atheist due to what others are saying around you!

Are you the same person saying the two? undecided
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by Aemmyjah(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

You are getting it all wrong, or lemme say you are going too far.

The thing is, there is no proof for this God that we are talking about

Cos you want to believe so
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Ọmọ you became a Christian due to what others around you are saying so, you were influenced by what they think, say and do! wink
And not because you've tasted God yourself

You're partially right, in what sense?
I became one of Jehovah's Witnesses through the preaching and teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses but that's not what kept me waxing strong in the faith rather it's the fulfilment of what God promised in His word that strengthened me!

God has made so many promises in that book and i'm seeing it live so i have no reason to doubt the existence of the person who made those promises and using His active force to make sure it comes to reality.

So even though i can't see God i'm seeing His fine works.
Ọmọ that's the assured expectations of what i hope for as Jehovah's Witnesses (imperfect humans from different races throughout the world) are demonstrating this things bringing it to live even though i can't see the one who said it! Hebrews 11:1 smiley
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're partially right, in what sense?
I became one of Jehovah's Witnesses through the preaching and teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses but that's not what kept me waxing strong in the faith rather it's the fulfilment of what God promised in His word that strengthened me!

What fulfilment did you see it's actualisation?

MaxInDHouse:

God has made so many promises in that book and i'm seeing it live so i have no reason to doubt the existence of the person who made those promises and using His active force to make sure it comes to reality.
Good! God has made so many promises in that book and I can't see anything live. So I have every reason to nullify the probability of the existence of the person who made those promises and can't use his active force to materialize them.

MaxInDHouse:

So even though i can't see God i'm seeing His fine works.

I can't see god.
I can't see his fine/ugly works.
I can't see his fine arts.
I can't see anything with the
label "Made in Heaven" or
"Made by God"

MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ that's the assured expectations of what i hope for as Jehovah's Witnesses (imperfect humans from different races throughout the world) are demonstrating this things bringing it to live even though i can't see the one who said it! Hebrews 11:1 smiley

I can't see any demonstration of whatever is written in the Bible

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Cos you want to believe so

Okay, help my unbelieve.
Please show me

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

God's organized people of global happy family who don't use weapons anymore to settle disputes like others! Isaiah 2:4
FRANCISTOWN:

Good! God has made so many promises in that book and I can't see anything live. So I have every reason to nullify the probability of the existence of the person who made those promises and can't use his active force to materialize them.
God's people are speaking in harmony globally as if they speak the same language! Zephaniah 3:9
FRANCISTOWN:

I can't see god.
"Made by God"
Oh i can see Jehovah's Witnesses an organized people made by God in heaven! Isaiah 65:17
FRANCISTOWN:

I can see God's people just as it's written that they will suffice in my time! Micah 4:3
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please can you correlate this two contradicting sentences?

Max you can do better please.

@Any child who grows up amidst atheists will also be an atheist. It's not rocket science.

This statement up here isn't the same as all atheist must have grown up amongst atheists.

Saying everyone who grew up in riverine area must be able to swim isn't the same as everyone who can swim must have grown up in riverine area

And by the way. That response was a sarcastic response to your initial assertion. I beg to differ that not everyone who grew up amidst atheists end up an atheist.

You are beginning to fall my hand.

MaxInDHouse:

The first you said all children are influenced by those around them so if you're always in the gathering of atheists you will be an atheist!
I reject your wrong assertion. There are christians all around me. How come
I'm still an atheist?
It's not always true for everyone,
everyone in my family is a hardcore
christian. I'm prolly the first atheist
so what more?

MaxInDHouse:

The second say you didn't become an atheist due to what others are saying around you!

Are you the same person saying the two? undecided
I've already made enough explanation
up there. It is left to your thinking
and comprehensive capability to
do justice.

Saying because I can swim then I must
have been from the riverine area is
arguably one of the most terrible error
anyone can commit in the art of
reasoning.

How many atheists do we have in
Nigeria?
Okay! Lemme rephrase the quest
ion. How many open atheists
do we have in Nigeria, confluent
and congruent to the religious
folks?

Now what is the probability that
I grew up amidst atheists?

That should be the first question
you should ask yourself.

I already became an atheist before
I heard of Richard Dawkins, Christopher,
Arvini e.t.c.

Up till as I speak to you, I've never met
any atheist face to face.
I met a deist last year and he was even
shocked when he learnt that I'm an
atheist.

Mention one congregation, association
or a conference of atheists that you've
heard of in Nigeria, then you will be able
to realise how erroneous your assertion
was and you'll be ashamed of yourself
for taking an opposite walk from the
truth.

2 Likes

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

God's organized people of global happy family who don't use weapons anymore to settle disputes like others! Isaiah 2:4

God's people are speaking in harmony globally as if they speak the same language! Zephaniah 3:9

Oh i can see Jehovah's Witnesses an organized people made by God in heaven! Isaiah 65:17

I can see God's people just as it's written that they will suffice in my time! Micah 4:3

All these things you are seeing is Cynthia.
One of the most disorganized organisation in the world is Christianity with over 60,000 denominations.

FIFA is more organized than Christianity.
NBA is more organized than Christianity.
Even Traditional Religions are more
organized than Christianity.
You don't see an IFA worshipper in a debate with Osun or Ogun worshippers. They even worship together. Those guys are prolly the most organised and coordinated.

Even Islam is more organized.
All Muslims, whether Tebthlik or An-saru , or A-islam all pray together in the same mosque. Follow the same teaching.

But you see Christianity, Celestial is different, JW is different, Redeemed has nothing to do with C&S, Winners has nothing to do with SCOAN.
And you dared say organized?? "Every other day I organize"_ Asake

You guys are always trying too hard, with lots of talk, here and there. It's becoming boring.

We are tired of the same small talks day in day out. Show us the manifestation of the power of this God you are talking about, after all Paul said. The kingdom of God is not in talks.

1 Cor 4: 20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; but in the demonstration of God's power.

Show us this power and leave boring talks

2 Likes

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by Aemmyjah(m): 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Okay, help my unbelieve.
Please show me

No
Stick to what you love

Jesus performed miracles
His disciples performed miracles
The miracles served a purpose.

For Jesus, it was to prove that he was the Messiah
For the first century Christians, it was to help us others to know and see that Judaism (religion of the Jews under the Mosaic law) is no longer the way but Christianity. So miracles then were like a backup from God to support the new religion which was relatively new and growing and as i said earlier, it was not just miracles but other gifts like prophecies, the miraculous speaking of tongues (other people languages) especially with the commission that they were to preach to the ends of the earth but as I showed you, it was a sign for unbelievers and as Paul said under inspiration, these powerful works will cease once the Christian congregation has been truly established. We now have the Word of God to establish our faith.
Regarding his disciples during the time of the end, Jesus foretold that they would be known for the love for one another and their preaching activity. That was what Jesus meant when he said that they would do greater than he did. Evidently, they would cover more territories and make more disciples into the truth.

So-called claim to perform miracles but they disown God by their works, they are egoistic and luxury - lovers, they are partisan and divided in their teachings and practices and they support wars and conflict. Will God give these people the powers to perform powerful works? No. They are disappointed and they resort to fake miracles to mislead others that they have backing. You too are also affected cos despite seeing that all these people are fake and no such genuine miracles today. You either dismiss that every miracle in the Bible was fake or, yiu must see one to believe

So stick to what you want to believe.
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by Aemmyjah(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I can't see god.
"Made by God"

Cos you are blind and love your blindness
Again, stick to what you WANT to believe.

You can't see time
You can't see space
You can't see gravity, wind, air

You believe that they exist due to their effects and what the experts say

You can't even mention one prophecy in the Bible but you claim that you're not seeing any fulfillment

Again, you're not sincere in your approach
Whatever motives you have in this thread is up to you
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Max you can do better please.
This statement up here isn't the same as all atheist must have grown up amongst atheists.
Saying everyone who grew up in riverine area must be able to swim isn't the same as everyone who can swim must have grown up in riverine area
And by the way. That response was a sarcastic response to your initial assertion. I beg to differ that not everyone who grew up amidst atheists end up an atheist.
If you grow up among atheists there's no way you can have any other thing in mind apart from atheism. A child born in riverine area must know and believe in large amount of water unlike one born in the desert ọmọ when talking about large amount of water such a child will argue with his last breath!
FRANCISTOWN:

You are beginning to fall my hand.
I reject your wrong assertion. There are christians all around me. How come
I'm still an atheist? It's not always true for everyone, everyone in my family is a hardcore
christian. I'm prolly the first atheist
so what more?
Were you once a "Christian" ?
Well that's what we're saying. If you've been a churchgoer before it's because you grew up in their midst! smiley
FRANCISTOWN:

I've already made enough explanation
up there. It is left to your thinking
and comprehensive capability to
do justice. Saying because I can swim then I must have been from the riverine area is
arguably one of the most terrible error
anyone can commit in the art of
reasoning.
If you don't live close to water you can never ever think of swimming
FRANCISTOWN:

How many atheists do we have in
Nigeria?
Okay! Lemme rephrase the quest
ion. How many open atheists do we have in Nigeria, confluent and congruent to the religious folks?
Ọmọ in reality the world has over 99:9% atheists but where you're lost is that most of them are claiming believers so only few like you are aware of your heart condition! smiley
FRANCISTOWN:

Now what is the probability that
I grew up amidst atheists? That should be the first question you should ask yourself. I already became an atheist before
I heard of Richard Dawkins, Christopher,
Arvini e.t.c. Up till as I speak to you, I've never met any atheist face to face. I met a deist last year and he was even shocked when he learnt that I'm an atheist.
Mention one congregation, association
or a conference of atheists that you've
heard of in Nigeria, then you will be able
to realise how erroneous your assertion
was and you'll be ashamed of yourself
for taking an opposite walk from the
truth.
Ọmọ all those claiming Christians around you are disguised atheists so it's with their mouth they claim believers but action speaks louder than words that's why you're an atheist today! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

All these things you are seeing is Cynthia.
One of the most disorganized organisation in the world is Christianity with over 60,000 denominations.FIFA is more organized than Christianity.

Now you will understand why i said 99.9% of people in the world are atheists disguising as believers! smiley
Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

No
Stick to what you love

Jesus performed miracles
His disciples performed miracles
The miracles served a purpose.

For Jesus, it was to prove that he was the Messiah
For the first century Christians, it was to help us others to know and see that Judaism (religion of the Jews under the Mosaic law) is no longer the way but Christianity. So miracles then were like a backup from God to support the new religion which was relatively new and growing and as i said earlier, it was not just miracles but other gifts like prophecies, the miraculous speaking of tongues (other people languages) especially with the commission that they were to preach to the ends of the earth but as I showed you, it was a sign for unbelievers and as Paul said under inspiration, these powerful works will cease once the Christian congregation has been truly established. We now have the Word of God to establish our faith.
Regarding his disciples during the time of the end, Jesus foretold that they would be known for the love for one another and their preaching activity. That was what Jesus meant when he said that they would do greater than he did. Evidently, they would cover more territories and make more disciples into the truth.

So-called claim to perform miracles but they disown God by their works, they are egoistic and luxury - lovers, they are partisan and divided in their teachings and practices and they support wars and conflict. Will God give these people the powers to perform powerful works? No. They are disappointed and they resort to fake miracles to mislead others that they have backing. You too are also affected cos despite seeing that all these people are fake and no such genuine miracles today. You either dismiss that every miracle in the Bible was fake or, yiu must see one to believe

So stick to what you want to believe.

"Jesus yesterday, today and forever"
There is no place where it is written in the Bible that miracles will cease in this end time.
You and your JW's perverted teaching.
Even me as an atheist knows that much that the bible never said that miracles will cease.

Though other christians are extremely deluded, but the way you guys twist this Bible is so irritating.

Jesus never said that the miracles he did were to establish the new faith. Christianity is a continuation of Judaism.
Miracles have been recorded in the Bible even before Abraham was born at all, why would anyone with reasoning say Jesus performed miracles to establish Christianity. Ha! What kind of a reasoning is this?

Many major and minor prophets worked miracles. Genuine miracles started with Noah when he made all living beasts dwell together in the same ark without having to kill themselves.

Moses was a man that worked miracles like never before in the Bible. What of Joshua? Elijah of Tishbite, Elisha and many more.

Your lack of demonstration of the power of God doesn't need this much excuse.

Even Jesus says "without signs and wonders, these people will not believe"

The same thing with the apostolic fathers. St. Augustine said the same "if not for the signs and wonders, I wouldn't believe".

Saying miracles are meant to cease in this end time is such a lazy excuse for the lack of signs and wonders in JW and such erroneous assertion is not consistent with the Bible.

Though we know the Bible is fake, at least if you believed in that bible, try and much as possible to read it rightly and stop confusing yourselves.

I used to think the Lord chosen are the dumbest, but I think I might have to change that mental proposition.

You talk is too much. Like I've told your other brother. The kingdom of God is in power not in excuse.

Even if other churches are faking miracles, it's simply because they knew according to the Bible that the end time churches are supposed to enjoy a kind of unlimited exploits.
God was supposed to pour out his spirit without measure, but as baba no gree pour out any spirit. Them dey run fake miracles on a steady.

Do you think you are talking to a baby?

2 Likes

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Cos you are blind and love your blindness
Again, stick to what you WANT to believe.

Probably you should have your eyes checked or you should see an opthalmologist.
Aemmyjah:

You can't see time
You can't see space
You can't see gravity, wind, air
Honestly, I'm beginning to feel like it's a waste of time talking to you.
I can't see time, do you even know the definition of time?
Why would anyone say I can't see time? Who is this person?
I can't see gravity, but it's effect is hard. If anyone falls, even if it was your Jesus, he would definitely hit the ground live.
I can feel the wind and the air, we can also redirect them.
Do we really wanna talk about this? Really?
Show me one evidence of God and you've been perambulating around insubstantial analogies.
I'm not here for some child's play

Aemmyjah:

You believe that they exist due to their effects and what the experts say
Leave expert out of this. No expert needs to tell you how the wind feels on your skin. It's that easy

Aemmyjah:

You can't even mention one prophecy in the Bible but you claim that you're not seeing any fulfillment

Again, you're not sincere in your approach
Whatever motives you have in this thread is up to you

NO.1 prophecy and the pillar of your Christianity.

"Jesus is coming back". When?
Even if he was riding on a tortoise shell, he should be here by now

1 Like

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If you grow up among atheists there's no way you can have any other thing in mind apart from atheism. A child born in riverine area must know and believe in large amount of water unlike one born in the desert ọmọ when talking about large amount of water such a child will argue with his last breath!

You need to broaden your horizon.
A child doesn't necessarily learn from just the society. A child learns from schools and peer.
A school is a place with different values and cultures with different knowledge. The child can pick any believe from the school. There are many kids who are christians in their boarding schools but they are muslims back at their houses.

Again, you are wrong. I can bet that you've never been to a Savannah Grass Land area all your life, but geography has presented irrefutable evidence of his existence. I was born in the tropical rain forest region, but I've long learnt about deserts and meanders even before I saw them face to face so, your argument is dead on arrival.

MaxInDHouse:

Were you once a "Christian" ?
Well that's what we're saying. If you've been a churchgoer before it's because you grew up in their midst! smiley
Now that I'm an atheist, did I grow up in the midst of any? Think

MaxInDHouse:

If you don't live close to water you can never ever think of swimming
Please stop, just stop here. I wasn't born anywhere close to the desert, but I longed for I until I eventually went there. There is something called reasoning.

MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ in reality the world has over 99:9% atheists but where you're lost is that most of them are claiming believers so only few like you are aware of your heart condition! smiley
It's either you don't know the meaning of atheists or you are dreaming. I guess it's about time you woke up.
So are saying about 7.8Billion people are atheists.
Now I'm beginning to see that it was wrong to engage you to begin with
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ all those claiming Christians around you are disguised atheists so it's with their mouth they claim believers but action speaks louder than words that's why you're an atheist today! smiley
Eyyah, so you are the only true Christian? The most holy of holies , the omniscienct who knows the deep part of everyone's heart.
The one who knows who's a christian by act and by heart.

You don Bleep up. And I was busy listening to you all these while

2 Likes

Re: Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky by FRANCISTOWN: 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Now you will understand why i said 99.9% of people in the world are atheists disguising as believers! smiley
If I met a christian like you guys early enough in my life. I would have been an atheist long before I did.
Wait, who is an atheist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? / Where Do Souls of Animals Go??? / POLL: Who Is Your Favourite Nairaland Religion Personality For The Year 2009?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.