Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same (21923 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / How Much Is My Salary? Help!! / How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Johnrake69: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Procashtips:

How do you guys manufacture stats like this?

Just yesterday, it made homepage here that we have 70M people living in extreme poverty, within 24hrs, you have increased it to 130M people.

https://www.nairaland.com/7732935/over-70m-nigerians-extremely-poor

Do you people get high with bad news?

Do you delight in spreading bad news even if they are lies?

Ordinarily I wouldn’t have responded to you but it will be unfair to allow you wallow in ignorance here is the report 7months ago. Till date Nigeria has nothing less than 130M people living in multidimensional poverty.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/11/17/133-million-nigerians-are-multidimensionally-poor-nbs/?amp=1

You never responded to the logic behind the current policies which is the core message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
LordAdam16:

Some of the banks have started doubling wages for low income staff.

According to Nairametrics, cleaners at GT will earn 70K while drivers will get 140K. Effective from July.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/18/gtb-doubles-salaries-of-junior-staff-to-cushion-subsidy-removal

-Lord
Their salaries are not up to that.The outsourcing companies takes the lion share.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Fr33born(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
obembet:
Subsidy still covered till June ending.

It will kick off in July 1

VP and NLC are reviewing the new salary scale

Bad belle people, always looking for bad news to pain Government bad.

Omo, the kind human beings wey dey this forum eeh. You go see comment, you go dey wonder weda na primary school whatsapp group be this. Chai!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Starboytwo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
lastmessenger:
they said Igbo people will suffer most. I stand akimbo and watch how they will buy things cheaper than Igbo people.
who said so, prove it not some cheap lamba?

And what makes you think only ibo people can pay for whatever the hell you selling.

Stop preaching and expecting doom for your non igbo neighbors, neighbors whose land you are squatting on.

Any ill wish will be on the wishers family and kins.

Naija must be great.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Delightsome2023: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Tinubuderanged:
emoluments is coming soon but subsidy removal has arrived since yesterday. This is rubbish, people are dieing of hardship yet fools are celebrating this satanic administration.
"RENEWED SURFER"
be positive for once and stop sounding like a deranged slowpoke.
Pray for the good and success of this administration for once cos if it works well you and your family will reap the benefits
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Flets: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Godwin4444:
how is he impoverishing Nigeria?

Even when u can see those small neighboring countries feeling d heat

Meaning we should continue subsidizing fuel so others can enjoy

I know your only pain is that it’s not obi that is doing it, if it was obi u will defend it to high heaven

I am not here arguing your PO vs Tinubu BS, we are talking about outright suffering for the Nigerian people.
For your info, the solution to the smuggling of PMS across the borders is to go after and stop the smugglers; tighten the boundaries. You dont cut off the nose to spite your face. You dont throw away the baby and the bathing water.

Nigerians should not bear the consequences of the inefficiency of their leaders. The solution to smuggling across borders is not taking away subsidy, its stopping the smuggling. You are not bound to suffer, use your head

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Lemos14:

Batists are always celebrating what they dont know...I've never seen a set of people so ignorant and not ashamed to show it.
They are hired.No man/woman who spend his own money for transport,feeding,utilites, and groceries that will support this madness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Starboytwo(m): 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Angelfrost:

You are just insensitive, selfish and obtuse!

Of course it is always easy to call critics names!

Shey na only Obidients dey complain today??! Lol!

I have nothing against Subsidy removal! I have also supported a lot of policies from Tinubu so far!

However, this doesn't mean I will go as far as trying to write off people's pains or belittle the sufferings of others. That's wrong!!!

That you can easily adjust doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else! Or that it will be as easy or simple for many others!

A lot of these suffering men have families! Wives and kids who must be taken care of! Should they kill or sell their kids?!!!

Many have already been adjusting since Buhari... Most were already beyond their limit before Tinubu took over! What else do you want them to do?!!

If you can't feel the pain of others, then keep silent!!!
and since Tinubu took over and you have even commended some of his policies, so why the wailing again? I don’t even understand you people??
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Delightsome2023: 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Fr33born:

Omo, the kind human beings wey dey this forum eeh. You go see comment, you go dey wonder weda na primary school whatsapp group be this. Chai!
he said subsidy covered till June ending, maybe for him side fuel price still remains the same (187) cos according to him it was already subsidized grin

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by gloryman91: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Please Federal Government should please pay Federal Civil Servants Salaries under IPPIS payment platform for the month of June,2023 before this weekend, so as to celebrate Sallah in grace of Allah.

Allah bless President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Johnrake69: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Godwin4444:
u n your family will b part of those who will join them in poverty in Jesus name

So cos u don’t support d government in power then the country must burn, so cos u don’t like d driver of a car the car must crash abi

Lol… You can’t pray away poverty neither can you pray for Jesus to send poverty to a Man that understands that wealth lies in engaging in enterprise without borders with the help of technology. I know this will be too much for you to grasp.

I can stay in my apartment in Lagos and order for goods in China and deliver to a customer in Kumasi in Ghana and get my profit. Also I can order for goods in Kano market and get someone to deliver to a customer in same Kano while I’m in Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Procashtips(m): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
Johnrake69:

Ordinarily I wouldn’t have responded to you but it will be unfair to allow you wallow in ignorance here is the report 7months ago. Till date Nigeria has nothing less than 130M people living in multidimensional poverty.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/11/17/133-million-nigerians-are-multidimensionally-poor-nbs/?amp=1

You never responded to the logic behind the current policies which is the core message.

So tell me, why should I believe that 130M are in multi-whatever - poverty when UN said it's 70M people?

What can be worst than extreme poverty?

BTW, poverty is a broad word and doesn't have to be lack of money or whatever.

So I want to believe the multi dimensional poverty you're talking about here includes 'illiteracy, mental poverty, intellectual poverty, moral poverty or does the "multi dimensional poverty" not cover these ones?

BTW, I am not surprised with the policies, there has never been a government in Nigeria that was better than the previous one, so expecting some sort of a miracle means you can be deceived easily.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Flets: 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
Godwin4444:
your empty head doesn’t tell u that even in countries where the penalty for drug pushing is death your tribesmen still go there to do their business

The best way is to spoil d business so they won’t go there again, when our price is almost d same with their then nobody will tow that route then introduce welfare programmes to cushion d effect n once the smuggling is no longer lucrative n all nuts tied them u can bring in price control

Many mugus like u just think governance is like ABC, no wonder many of u can’t go out on Monday cos of unreasonable decisions taken by your so called leaders

"your empty head", "your tribesmen", "Many mugus like u"..... sorry I cant deal. I thought I was responding to someone sensible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by LordAdam16: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pickmycall:
Their salaries are not up to that.The outsourcing companies takes the lion share.

How does that negate the fact that GT is paying twice what they used to?

If the contract workers have disputes with their employers, as regard operating margins, there are lots of institutions from NLC to the Industrial Court to seek redress.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by lastmessenger: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Starboytwo:
who said so, prove it not some cheap lamba?

And what makes you think only ibo people can pay for whatever the hell you selling.

Stop preaching and expecting doom for your non igbo neighbors, neighbors whose land you are squatting on.

Any ill wish will be on the wishers family and kins.

Naija must be great.
yes only Igbo is buying fuel costly. The other Nigerians are now in paradise

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Ezmans: 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
obembet:
Subsidy still covered till June ending.

It will kick off in July 1.

VP and NLC are reviewing the new salary scale

Bad belle people, always looking for bad news to pain Government bad.

hope in any increase in salary is a pipe dream
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by bonnyhope: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
nkemjacob2:
I work in an hospitality management. I go to work everyday, I board two vehicles to get to my work place 6times a week. My salary is a little difference from minimum wage.

The situation is getting harder

Just pray this prayer:

" the administration of Tinubu will favour me and my household "
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

What's this one saying??
Are you not already buying petrol at about #500 in your locality?
Some of you just don't know anything else other than the asslicking phrases and sentences your paymasters asked you to memorize
some of them are under the care of sugar daddy or scholarship where everything has been paid at the expense of their guardian.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Angelfrost(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
Starboytwo:
and since Tinubu took over and you have even commended some of his policies, so why the wailing again? I don’t even understand you people??

I am neutral sir

I can't blindly follow any political leader! Never!

Wherever he does well, I commend him. If he messed up, I go the other way.

Check my past posts to confirm!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
Godwin4444:
how Will peter obi government b any better?
PO will disclose the liability buhari left that tinubu is hiding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by ppogba: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Cutezt:
Just a few minutes ago, I was walking down the street to get bread for breakfast, on my way back, I met one guy in the former area I moved from about 3 years ago. After exchanging pleasantries, I was expecting him to go on his way, while I go on mine, but the guy started walking with me o, he started narrating his story to me and why he has been scarce. He said he used to work at one factory, but because of the increase in transportation fare, he was not able to keep up with transporting himself, so he just decided to use that as an excuse to get his annual break, so he can gather enough money to go back, unfortunately, I was not holding cash as I used the last cash on me to buy the bread, my card wasn't with me either, so there was no way to give him anything. He told me he actually came to see a friend of his whom I know, just to come and have breakfast as that is where he comes once in a while to eat, but the guy was not home, so he decided to take a walk when he met me. I felt sorry for him, he started asking if I had even if it was raw rice or garri at home, so I can give him, that was when I knew it was serious.

I just took him home, gave him the rice babe prepared the previous night for us, and after he was done, I had about 1 paint of garri that I bought about 2 months ago. I am not a big fan of garri, either drinking or eating, so I rarely touched the garri. I packaged it for him, and got a few cups of rice for him. He said he had stew at home already. I also had to part with 3k to support his fare back to work.

You need to see how happy this guy was to get ordinary garri.

People are going through a lot, and the government is not putting anything in place to help cushion the effect as the cost of living has continually gone up since. God go help us a sha.

Thou art a good man.
Jesus will be proud of you.
Whether you know or do not know it, you have become a bible for the brother you helped to read.

Kudos.

Whether we like it or not, no president or governor will come down to help your neighbor in need. It is you and I that can help ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Johnrake69: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Procashtips:

So tell me, why should I believe that 130M are in multi-whatever - poverty when UN said it's 70M people?

What can be worst than extreme poverty?

BTW, poverty is a broad word and doesn't have to be lack of money or whatever.

So I want to believe the multi dimensional poverty you're talking about here includes 'illiteracy, mental poverty, intellectual poverty, moral poverty or does the "multi dimensional poverty" not cover these ones?

BTW, I am not surprised with the policies, there has never been a government in Nigeria that was better than the previous one, so expecting some sort of a miracle means you can be deceived easily.

Nigeria might actually have more than 150M people in extreme poverty.

The problem with many of us is that we view Nigeria from the top. Where you see people spending money on social media.

In 2013 when I left school I got a job where I was paid 24K. Sometimes I have to trek from Oshodi under bridge to inside Ilupeju just to save #50 for Keke and I will be sweating. When it’s time for breakfast I will skip then I will wait till 12pm or 1pm before I eat so it can take me home. My point here is that Nigerians living under this conditions are in their majority till this day.

In the course of doing business I have seen what extreme poverty looks like in places like Benue, Taraba, Cross River.

Majority of the villages in Boki LGA in Cross River have never had access to electricity, then clean water is luxury. They don’t even know what it means to shout up Nepa.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Jostoman: 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
bolademi:

Let ur boss increase ur salary
because his boss is not feeling the impact right?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Starboytwo(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
lastmessenger:
yes only Igbo is buying fuel costly. The other Nigerians are now in paradise
pls don’t quote me with dumb narrative pls? Only Igbo do what 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Starboytwo:
you are an irredeemable obidients.

So for instance, if your lord and savior obi enters, what would he have done different. Even your lord said he will remove subsidy. So why are you crying again

If you are suffering, I’m sorry God go help you, I have already adjusted and I will not suffer.

This country will be great, it will be a little hard at first, but we will adjust. Stop wishing Ill on this country cuz your personal savior lost.
Has tinubu adjusted?Has he stopped his pension?Has the nass reduce their padded budget?The fuel subsidy removal fund is his campaign expenses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by ppogba: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
onyxo76:
drive kids to school ,leave car at the school, take bike to work 300 naira, take bike back to their school by 4 ,300 naira, pick up the kids ,drive for 2 mins to get home...i cannot come and die

If not for subsidy removal, dat sense for no come.

A man dat lives in Oyo but works in Ogun drives down daily with full AC. Now, bros na regular customer for motor garage.

Las las, na all of us go get sense and dey okay.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
I GUESS YOU SHOULD BE ONE OF THOSE WHO WERE SHOUTING ON YOUR MANDATE WE SHALL STAND. PLEASE KEEP STANDING ON THAT MANDATE OOOO, AT THIS PERIOD IN PARTICULAR, MERCY AND SYMPATHY IS OUT FROM MY DICTIONARY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by ppogba: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
One area I expect to see a change now that electricity tarrif has been increased is in the area of energy saving.

In my area, hundreds meters before you get home, you would have seen light bulbs that are perpetually on telling you the power situation.

Now, dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall.

Nigerians are wasteful really.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Answer 18 Common Interview Questions / Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs / Should I Accept This Police Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.