Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same (21887 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / How Much Is My Salary? Help!! / How I Doubled My Salary Two Years In A Row, And Will Be Tripling It This Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Starboytwo(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pickmycall:
Has tinubu adjusted?Has he stopped his pension?Has the nass reduce their padded budget?The fuel subsidy removal fund is his campaign expenses.
well, if you believe say you go suffer for this administration, by all means, suffering will be yours. Danke!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
Starboytwo:
well, if you believe say you go suffer for this administration, by all means, suffering will be yours. Danke!!
you are a definition of"e go better"keep hoping while tinubu and his ilks are siphoning the money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by mozona(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ohk..
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
Emma09:
Thank God for my Korope I use as side hustle at night after returning from the office. Thank God for the foresight of almost 2yrs back. I don't have to worry if dem pay Salary or not. I dey see chop money every day and money to pay numerous Bill's. Lolzzzzzz.

Wetin be your "korope"

We do korope to catch okete when i was younger.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Uchesis: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
bolademi:

Let ur boss increase ur salary
Sorry to say this, but you lack wisdom. Instead of increasing salary, the boss will reduce workers to cut cost

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Starboytwo(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pickmycall:
you are a definition of"e go better"keep hoping while tinubu and his ilks are siphoning the money.
he don better since last year already. By d way, hoping for a better thing to happen is a billion time better than hoping for misery for your brethren.

I wish you and your family what you wish the country. If he sure for you say AMEN.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Uchesis: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
bolademi:

Let ur boss increase ur salary
Sorry to say this, but you lack wisdom. Instead of increasing salary, the boss will reduce workers

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Procashtips(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
Johnrake69:

Nigeria might actually have more than 150M people in extreme poverty.

The problem with many of us is that we view Nigeria from the top. Where you see people spending money on social media.

In 2013 when I left school I got a job where I was paid 24K. Sometimes I have to trek from Oshodi under bridge to inside Ilupeju just to save #50 for Keke and I will be sweating. When it’s time for breakfast I will skip then I will wait till 12pm or 1pm before I eat so it can take me home. My point here is that Nigerians living under this conditions are in their majority till this day.

In the course of doing business I have seen what extreme poverty looks like in places like Benue, Taraba, Cross River.

Majority of the villages in Boki LGA in Cross River have never had access to electricity, then clean water is luxury. They don’t even know what it means to shout up Nepa.

Let me break this done to you.
The UN is using their own yardstick to decide what is poor and what's not.
Majority of the people making up the UN are from a region where capitalism reign supreme.

Where it takes at least $5-$10 to get a good meal, but somewhere in Nigeria or Uganda, with $1-$2, you will get a solid balaced meal with all the complete nutrients in them.

So it's easy to think those who feed with $1-$2 per meal are extremely poor when you judge them with what someone in Switzerland is expected to spend on an average balanced meal.

I do not judge poverty through the eyes of the UN or the West, i judge it based on what you're getting as value compared to the strength of your own currency.

Electricity should not be used to judge who's poor or not, do you know that there are rich men who build houses that are almost 100% natural?

Do you know that there are more healthy people in the villages than the cities?

Do you know that there are more older people in rural areas than urban areas?

Why so?

Shouldn't the poor people in the villages and rural areas be dying like flies (Before 40yrs)? Whereas its the people we see as not poor that are dying before 50.

Poverty using the eyes of the privileged can't be accurately defined.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
LordAdam16:

How does that negate the fact that GT is paying twice what they used to?

If the contract workers have disputes with their employers, as regard operating margins, there are lots of institutions from NLC to the Industrial Court to seek redress.

-Lord
NLC that cannot bite.No be money lawyer go collect before he go follow client go court?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Johnrake69: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
Procashtips:

Let me break this done to you.
The UN is using their own yardstick to decide what is poor and what's not.
Majority of the people making up the UN are from a region where capitalism reign supreme.

Where it takes at least $5-$10 to get a good meal, but somewhere in Nigeria or Uganda, with $1-$2, you will get a solid balaced meal with all the complete nutrients in them.

So it's easy to think those who feed with $1-$2 per meal are extremely poor when you judge them with what someone in Switzerland is expected to spend on an average balanced meal.

I do not judge poverty through the eyes of the UN or the West, i judge it based on what you're getting as value compared to the strength of your own currency.

Electricity should not be used to judge who's poor or not, do you know that there are rich men who build houses that are almost 100% natural?

Do you know that there are more healthy people in the villages than the cities?

Do you know that there are more older people in rural areas than urban areas?

Why so?

Shouldn't the poor people in the villages and rural areas be dying like flies (Before 40yrs)? Whereas its the people we see as not poor that are dying before 50.

Poverty using the eyes of the privileged can't be accurately defined.

Bro that was in the past. A kilo of chicken is cheaper in America than in Nigeria as of today. Some families can’t afford to add protein to their meals anymore. This is serious.

The figures I quoted was from National Bureau of Statistics. I believe they have a better understanding of the subject matter.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by torqque7(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Angelfrost:
Op... You have just started your inevitable descent into poverty!

Forgive me if this sounds harsh or insensitive!

Your best bet now is to seriously get more income streams, and drastically cut your living expenses!

The real Hardship hasn't even started tbh!!!

Wait till the hike in everything from Data to Bread, down to biscuits!

You make it sound like it’s his fault for the situation he is experiencing..that would be true if he voted for Tinubu but you are not sure if he did so he is just trying to earn a living and you say he just started his inevitable descent to poverty.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Pickmycall: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Starboytwo:
he don better since last year already. By d way, hoping for a better thing to happen is a billion time better than hoping for misery for your brethren.

I wish you and your family what you wish the country. If he sure for you say AMEN.
If wishes were horse.Keep wishing.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Tinubuderanged: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
Delightsome2023:
be positive for once and stop sounding like a deranged slowpoke.
Pray for the good and success of this administration for once cos if it works well you and your family will reap the benefits
I can never waste my prayer for a corrupt man like Tinubu. Go and buy fuel then we can talk.
"RENEWED SURFER"
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Starboytwo(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pickmycall:
If wishes were horse.Keep wishing.
story. I wish you and your immediate family whatever wish you want befall this country? You Dey fear ni? Or you wishing us bad?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Picardor2: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
nkemjacob2:
I work in an hospitality management. I go to work everyday, I board two vehicles to get to my work place 6times a week. My salary is a little difference from minimum wage.

The situation is getting harder

Hahahahahah suffer never even start. Electricity bill go soon go high 1st of July.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Roon9(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
obembet:
Subsidy still covered till June ending.

It will kick off in July 1.

VP and NLC are reviewing the new salary scale

Bad belle people, always looking for bad news to pain Government bad.

You are mad and there's no one tell you
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Angelfrost(m): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
torqque7:

You make it sound like it’s his fault for the situation he is experiencing..that would be true if he voted for Tinubu but you are not sure if he did so he is just trying to earn a living and you say he just started his inevitable descent to poverty.

Not at all sir... I can't blame him for the failure of his leaders!

I merely stated the reality of his current situation! I also counseled him to buckle up and try augmenting his income.

It is well!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Babysho(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
Karlman:
OP!
Haven't you heard?
We are in Chapter Two of APC's New York Best Seller Book, Titled; 'How to Kill Nigerians While They Hype You!'

Thats your own copy of the book!

Man, I love this your post so much!!

Oyinbo said if you push a man to the wall, he may react desperately but they didn't say about when you push a man to the wall and then bash his skull into the wall so he's brain-dead like Tinubu is doing some Nigerians.

It's almost like a simulation; fools celebrating as thieves appoint their thieving brothers, then one clown posts up their profile, whilst the country plummets. Same format since 1999.

The country is sinking because oil thieves are walking freely in daylight. The country is sinking because Dangote and Otedola who still bought Rolls-Royce last week owe Nigeria billions of naira. The country is sinking because the cost of running the govt itself is unsustainable.

When Nigerians go even do this Revolution thing wey the entire world don do for equity. The monthly salary of a senator is far above her yearly pay as someone working in the healthcare. Haba! The gap is too much.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Procashtips(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Johnrake69:

Bro that was in the past. A kilo of chicken is cheaper in America than in Nigeria as of today. Some families can’t afford to add protein to their meals anymore. This is serious.

The figures I quoted was from National Bureau of Statistics. I believe they have a better understanding of the subject matter.

How much is a kilo of GMO chicken in America compared to the close to fresh ones here in Nigeria?
Lets start the comparison.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Love800(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Wats meaning of korope?

So u dont rest? Hope u not breakdown
Emma09:
Thank God for my Korope I use as side hustle at night after returning from the office. Thank God for the foresight of almost 2yrs back. I don't have to worry if dem pay Salary or not. I dey see chop money every day and money to pay numerous Bill's. Lolzzzzzz.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by onyxo76(m): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
ppogba:

If not for subsidy removal, dat sense for no come.

A man dat lives in Oyo but works in Ogun drives down daily with full AC. Now, bros na regular customer for motor garage.

Las las, na all of us go get sense and dey okay.
abi, after i had spent over 80k on both car and gen since 29th May , nobody tell me to ditch the car for other alternative means of moving around, how much be my salary sef
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Relixy2k: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Karlman: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Babysho:

Man, I love this your post so much!!

Oyinbo said if you push a man to the wall, he may react desperately but they didn't say about when you push a man to the wall and then bash his skull into the wall so he's brain-dead like Tinubu is doing some Nigerians.

It's almost like a simulation; fools celebrating as thieves appoint their thieving brothers, then one clown posts up their profile, whilst the country plummets. Same format since 1999.

The country is sinking because oil thieves are walking freely in daylight. The country is sinking because Dangote and Otedola who still bought Rolls-Royce last week owe Nigeria billions of naira. The country is sinking because the cost of running the govt itself is unsustainable.

When Nigerians go even do this Revolution thing wey the entire world don do for equity. The monthly salary of a senator is far above her yearly pay as someone working in the healthcare. Haba! The gap is too much.

Charlie I can't come and be complaining oh because everybody will eventually get a copy of their own book!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Relixy2k: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Procashtips(m): 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
Relixy2k:
He didn't present his case well. Millions of Nigerians still earn much less than 30k monthly even in government and private establishment. Most Americans earn far much more than 30k monthly so if they pay more
for chicken is still comparatively affordable to them.

Even with your comparison, lets ask basic questions

Why do the majority of people in America do multiple jobs to be to break even?

Why do majority of them live on credit?

How come most cant own anything outrightly unless they take a loan?

One of my friends in Canada earns $1800 per month but his rent is $2000 monthly, he's left with no choice but to get on other jobs to meet up or use the 2 credit cards available to him (Debt)
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by emmyN(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Samfloxin:
The thing is biting harder but as a federal worker there is hope as federal government negotiates with labour leaders

Federal government is not negotiating with labour leaders, they are stalling. The last court process had them filing proceedings in a way that required the court to adjourn sittings. Now talks will not be until July 20th.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Henry22(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
I usually spend 440 naira to work but after the subsidy removal I know spend 700 naira angry.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by osazsky(m): 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
I don they miss buhari
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by Chidolalar: 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
Emma09:
What do u mean by korope?
U mean taxi?
And how much do u make per night
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by nwoke37: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed But My Salary Remain The Same by yemi1504: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
tollyboy5:

When goodluck came we heard

no pain no gain

when buhari came we heard

no pain no gain

Now that it is bala blue we are still hearing

no pain no gain.

Abeg increase salary and stop the "no pain no gain" lamba jare.

Abi o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. / How To Answer 18 Common Interview Questions / Flutterwave Internship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.