Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (37454 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Leave your children to make their decisions and stop projecting. That you did not find it fulfilling marrying early doesn't mean theirs will be the same. No manual to these things.

I will never leave them to make mistakes. I have more life experiences and that is why i am their father.

3 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
abobote:
Noo, then I was broke, now I have a higher taste.

Don't settle for less, so that you don't regret tomorrow

Can you expatiate on what you mean by โ€œnow I have a higher tasteโ€, please?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Agugbadin: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
Never

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by TheMostComplex1: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Are you Married?
Oh I forgot, you got divorced

Is she really divorced?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by pappy4real(m): 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
I swear to God I wouldn't. She's totally changed and become a burden to my life. She's lost the life and vibrance and the romance in her, she's just pale, clueless and unwilling embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by ugodson(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
NEVER

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Epicji: 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
mikkyjay:
The answer is no, I would have insisted on not marrying her, because I saw all the red flags, but eventually bowed to pressure now I'm suffering it alone.

All d xtian brothers in my church gathered me that l should not bring disgrace to d church when l wanted to cancel d wedding just a week remaining. D marriage lasted only 5yrs.am on my own now.

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
Skyview01:

I will never leave them to make mistakes. I have more life experiences and that is why i am their father.

Deciding to marry early is a mistake?

Father of the year indeed!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
pappy4real:
I swear to God I wouldn't. She's totally changed and become a burden to my life. She's lost the life and vibrance and the romance in her, she's just pale, clueless and unwilling embarassed embarassed embarassed

She may be depressed.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by SleekyP(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
TheMostComplex1:

Is she really divorced?
With kids grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Bladesociety: 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
I will never make an attempt of even dating her. I'm pained anytime I think of what pushed me to marry her.
Note: I so much love my kids, else she would have gone back to where she belongs

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by SleekyP(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Yes yes yesโ€ฆ.

Do your background checks before taking her to altar grin cool
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Deciding to marry early is a mistake?

Father of the year indeed!

The more life experience you have the more better decisions you are able to make in a relationship and selecting a life partner. This is basic common sense which i presume should be obvious.

I don't have to argue with you. You can do whatever you want with your life and family and will never respond to you again.

9 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by SleekyP(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Bladesociety:
I will never make an attempt of even dating her. I'm pained anytime I think of what pushed to marry her.
Note: I so much love my kids, else she would have gone back to where she belongs
What happened to dialogue and extended fam? Be a man!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by tboydbrave(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
omooba969:

Wahala ๐Ÿ˜‚ Mama Chinedu must not see this...lol ๐Ÿคฃ
Lolll . Bro I no care if she see am. I swear e don reach that point. It's my two wonderful, beautiful kids I dey consider now.

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
Basic123:

I became more focused after marriage but didn't explore sexually

You are lucky! I became less focused on myself and ambitions afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by jackmrandy: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
pappy4real:

send her go her parents house. what are you still doing with a pale woman , an unattractive woman who is a burdent to you

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by fuelsaver: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=124076591][/quote]

A million times YES!!!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
pappy4real:

You probably no longer make her happy.
Make the effort, nwoke a!

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by 1x2x3: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
The Irony is that many men shouting yes would be surprised to find out their wives would decide otherwise.

11 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Basic123: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
Skyview01:

You are lucky! I became less focused on myself and ambitions afterwards.
My wife was very supportive.
As a Doc,she was the motivation behind my japa plan becouse I never believed I could pass the necessary exams!

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by omooba969(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
mariahAngel:

Alabosi!

Mariah Mariah, where have you been hiding? I've been looking everywhere for you na. grin
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by theamazonguru(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
Yes, again and again.

Marriage is sweet if the partners understand each other.
Understand the fact that there is no perfect human. We all have our flaws. Accept the flaw, seek to make each other a better version of yourselves and do away with ego.

My wife is not perfect but I love her like that.
Naturally, she is ready to keep malice for as long as possible and gets angry easily but I found my way around that, and I brought out the best in her.

I am quick to say I am sorry. Lol. Every quarrel vanishes immediately.
I am ready to play the fool when she gets angry, she becomes sober afterwards.

Over time she became a better version of her usual self.
She don calm down for daddy.
She can sacrifice her eyes for me.
She supports me like kilode.
Never questions my authority.
Never complains about lack and wants and the things lacking in the home.
Likes to be heard, just listen to her and she is good.
Just call her her pet name, and watch her melt like candle wax.
She can cook for Africa. Oh my world.
This woman will not be happy any time she is not able to cook for me for one reason or the other, she knows I don't like eating out. She does everything possible to see to that.
Christy na woman you be joor.

Love you again and again baby.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by dahunsi12(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
Most yes and I will marry her again and again is just PURE LIES from the lying liers, follow them home and stay with them for a week you will see the opposite of the trash they are saying here.

Many of them still beat their wives ooooooooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
tboydbrave:

Lolll . Bro I no care if she see am. I swear e don reach that point. It's my two wonderful, beautiful kids I dey consider now.

How can you look love your children, and not love the woman that bore them for you?
Is this what she gets for putting her life at stake to carry and bear your seeds?
Most of you men do not deserve the sacrifice women make.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
omooba969:

Mariah Mariah, where have you been hiding? I've been looking everywhere for you na. grin

Tani n ba e r'erin? undecided
K'osi lo jo!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
Basic123:

My wife was very supportive.
As a Doc,she was the motivation behind my japa plan becouse I never believed I could pass the necessary exams!

That is good. I had always wanted to Japa from the day i was born into this country.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Dybala11(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
talented321:
Manchi, marriage sweet, no dey reason all this nonsense you see or read online.
Same way it can also turn to a nightmare quite fast. God abeg. ๐Ÿคฒ
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
theamazonguru:
Yes, again and again.

Marriage is sweet if the partners understand each other.
Understand the fact that there is no perfect human. We all have our flaws. Accept the flaw, seek to make each other a better version yourselves and do away with ego.

My wife is not perfect but I love her like that.
Naturally, she is ready to keep malice for as long as possible and gets angry easily but I found my way around that, and I brought out the best in her.

I am quick to say I am sorry. Lol. Every quarrel vanishes immediately.
I am ready to play the fool when she gets angry, she becomes sober afterwards.

Over time she became a better version of her usual self.
She don calm down for daddy.
She can sacrifice her eyes for me.
She supports me like kilode.
Never questions my authority.
Never complains about lack and wants and the things lacking in the home.
Likes to be heard, just listen to her and she is good.
Just call her her pet name, and watch her melt like candle wax.
She can cook for Africa. Oh my world.
This woman will not be happy any time she is not able to cook for me for one reason or the other, she knows I don't like eating out. She does everything possible to see to that.
Christy na woman you be joor.

Love you again and again baby.

Finally!
A man who understands and knows how to treat his woman. ๐Ÿ˜
Bitter people will never like this comment. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Karlifate: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
Untube:
No, I would have settled for another lady. Since I got married to her, never had rest of mind.

Although she is a nice person but too stubborn. She always want to have her way, not what we conclude to achieve, and this have been affecting me emotionally and financially. I wish I married to someone who plans with me.

Each time I feel like leaving the house and never look back, the thought of my lovely kids won't let me. I love my kids but it will get to a stage I will let go if my life is extremely threatened.

I provide 100% of all the financial needs of my home, still no rest of mind. Some women are evil naturally.

It's well

Damn! cry

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Manager88: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
Never

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Dybala11(m): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
Klass99:

Wunmi this was a straightforward question requiring a yes or no answer. Then if you want to elaborate or expand on your answer with an explanation or reasons, you do so.

This is the problem I have with majority of you married folks. When you are asked valid questions about marriage that can teach others a valuable lesson or help them make an informed decision, you go off on a tangent or lecture about, how, no marriage is perfect, every marriage has its issue, marriage is not for people who cannot tolerate or forgive..........yada, yada, yada.

Can you people not answer questions candidly without the sugar coating, deflection and philosophical answers? Will it kill you people to respond to questions with specific and logical answers? Or share hard truths and realities without dancing round issues pertaining to marriage?
Why are you bringing a missile to a fist fight na. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / I Sold My Husbandโ€™s House And Relocated To The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.