Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent (51742 Views)

Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians / Modified - Daylight Robbery by LOAN APPS / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Olmautos: 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
[quote author=obembet post=124401432]jimmyolasun

Heya Pele... True true life no balance.. loan app dey threaten you when one person I know naa beg Dem dey beg am make e pay back and baba dey follow them negotiate how much interest he wan make Dem add or e no dey pay again. Dude collect 15k and he no pay since 2020 and interest add and 15k grow enter 60k.. loan app threaten am, baba para threaten them back even quote law and all.. naa them dey beg am now as baba say Dem be thief. Long story, they reduce 60k to 25k and baba still dey say naa 20k e want.. now Dem dey try agree on 22k..

Your matter en 😂😂😂😂😂

E Sabi the Game

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by WarriAproko: 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
What's the name of the loan sharks. But u fuccck up o. Why u resend Dem dat 33k. Waitin u for chop clean mouth. Block atm

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by newazuka: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
obembet:
My dear Nairalanders, kindly save me from this loan Marchant. I was deceived by Thier agent.

Please ignore my typing errors.

According to Otijah

I have been borrowing from this app for sometime now until I decided to stop due to the one week duration they do give and the high interest rate during this interval

After 2days an agent of them chatted me up and told me about the increment in my loan to 50k and and extended duration of 1 month, I told him if its not what he said then I will wait he said no problem. He even said I should carry him along while doing it.

I went to the app clicked on it and saw 55k to pay 66k and after I did it I received an alert of 38k in my account instead of the 55k and a one week duration at that to pay 66k.

I chatted that agent to tell him about the outcome but he ignored me, I called him up he refused to answer, I told him I want to refund the money because I don't need it, as I did tell him initially yet he was ignoring me.

After three days I contacted another agent of theirs and told him about the incident he later gave me an account number to refund the principal, which I did immediately

Fast forward to one week later these people started threatening the hell of my life that I must pay those interest, that is non of their business. One even openly told me that they are trained to Deceive their customers and tell them lies do at to attract them.

Even till today am still receiving threatening messages from them

please I need an appropriate place to channel this. thanks

Report them with the evidence, consumer protection something, can't remember their names
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Purvan(m): 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
You be confam mugu

Why you send that money def

You for keep am and fake your death

2 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
obembet:
My dear Nairalanders, kindly save me from this loan Marchant. I was deceived by Thier agent.

According to Otijah

I have been borrowing from this app for sometime now until I decided to stop due to the one week duration they do give and the high interest rate during this interval

After 2days an agent of them chatted me up and told me about the increment in my loan to 50k and and extended duration of 1 month, I told him if its not what he said then I will wait he said no problem. He even said I should carry him along while doing it.

I went to the app clicked on it and saw 55k to pay 66k and after I did it I received an alert of 38k in my account instead of the 55k and a one week duration at that to pay 66k.

I chatted that agent to tell him about the outcome but he ignored me, I called him up he refused to answer, I told him I want to refund the money because I don't need it, as I did tell him initially yet he was ignoring me.

After three days I contacted another agent of theirs and told him about the incident he later gave me an account number to refund the principal, which I did immediately

Fast forward to one week later these people started threatening the hell of my life that I must pay those interest, that is non of their business. One even openly told me that they are trained to Deceive their customers and tell them lies do at to attract them.

grin angry
Before you borrow money from those freaks, make sure none of your important contacts are on your droid, if you’re just knowing this, it’s too late.

In this case I’d have said you should ignore them for as long as you can (except of course they have a leverage over you as they already have your contacts). Eventually, the interest stops running and they’ll call to beg you. The interest doesn’t run more than a week.

The fear of not being exposed to your contacts may push you into borrowing to settle them, DO NOT borrow again from these guys. Just say fvck it and digest the shame, everyone borrows or defaults at one point or another

Do not fear or pity these ruthless crooks because they don’t give a shit about you

Be wiser next time, approach your bank/family/friends/me if you need a facility grin

2 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Tinubuwins2023e: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
obembet:

According to Otijah

I was in this situation sometimes about 2 years ago. They offer me 105k to pay 136k in 14 days (Kashkash). But when they disbursed, na 76k them send to my account to pay back 136k in 2 weeks.
I couldn't even reach them to complain until when the loan was due when an agent chatted me up on WhatsApp.
By then, I have screenshot the 105k they offer me on the app, I also downloaded the receipt of the 76k they disbursed and also screenshot the 136k I was asked to pay. Na wetin I use defend myself be that. I tell them say them be thief and that since they think they are smart, me self go show them that I am smarter. Later them begin dey beg me to pay the 76k they disbursed back.
To cut the long story short, I no pay shishi. Na me self come dey threaten them.
Last last, na them wan scam me but na me finally scam them. The mistake you made was that you refunded that 38k. If you have not refunded it, na them go dey beg you.

5 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by richie240: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
E be like say u nor read d guy post wella.
Instead of d '50k for 66k' as agreed, they sent 38k and still demanded a repayment of 66k.

That's d issue on ground.
If they gave him 38k then d interest shd be calculated on d 38k not d 50k.
cool

nairalanda1:

Why did you take that loan then?

You obviously did not need it, so you took it, and you entered their trap.

Oga, pay them their money and stop disturbing us here. cheesy

(Before you start, I use a loan app. And before I take loan, I read the terms and condtions, and scrutinize everything up and dawn...)

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Captain0823: 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
I just pray they borrow me
Any amount is acceptable...
I'll let them understand
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Goalnaldo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
steeltrust:
Obembet you are smarter than this na
You de let all this riffraff de threaten you

My advice is
If you have your atm attached to their app
Go and block it and take a new and then ignored them

Don’t answer them
Don’t pay any money
Let them rant
Once they are tire they will rest
I’ve dealt with many of them back then when sapa hold me

Na them tire
No stress
Just live them
Them go tire
exactly what I did in my case. I saw the advice here.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Kingisibor: 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
Give me the name of the loan app, i get coconut head like them..... Let me try out something, if dem see their money collect make i bend....

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by manchyme: 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nasri100:

In the long run the constant threats and blackmail and embarrassment has led many people to commit suicide.

Just google loan sharks death.

Never borrow money from loan sharks.

We're really built differently...
if na someone like me get that 38k... Otilo
no refund from me.
I will chop it and clean mouth.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Gandoki87: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

I was in this situation sometimes about 2 years ago. They offer me 105k to pay 136k in 14 days (Kashkash). But when they disbursed, na 76k them send to my account to pay back 136k in 2 weeks.
I couldn't even reach them to complain until when the loan was due when an agent chatted me up on WhatsApp.
By then, I have screenshot the 105k they offer me on the app, I also downloaded the receipt of the 76k they disbursed and also screenshot the 136k I was asked to pay. Na wetin I use defend myself be that. I tell them say them be thief and that since they think they are smart, me self go show them that I am smarter. Later them begin dey beg me to pay the 76k they disbursed back.
To cut the long story short, I no pay shishi. Na me self come dey threaten them.
Last last, na them wan scam me but na me finally scam them. The mistake you made was that you refunded that 38k. If you have not refunded it, na them go dey beg you.

That's the way man. They aren't licensed so can't report you to credit bureau. Just block them access to your contacts that's all. No pay shish o
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Ashawoman82: 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
jimmyolasun:
Heya Pele... True true life no balance.. loan app dey threaten you when one person I know naa beg Dem dey beg am make e pay back and baba dey follow them negotiate how much interest he wan make Dem add or e no dey pay again. Dude collect 15k and he no pay since 2020 and interest add and 15k grow enter 60k.. loan app threaten am, baba para threaten them back even quote law and all.. naa them dey beg am now as baba say Dem be thief. Long story, they reduce 60k to 25k and baba still dey say naa 20k e want.. now Dem dey try agree on 22k..

What a funny scenario.
no mind the mumu, toothless bulldog de threaten am, e de worry.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Prestigesog74: 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
They are always like that , give it time the would worry and threaten but it's part of what they are told to do. A friend wasn't even bothered , they called his contact he was not even disturb just give them time and avoid all their threats , you can as well get true caller it will notify you of their calls and you simply ignore
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by maxist2020(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

(Before you start, I use a loan app. And before I take loan, I read the terms and condtions, and scrutinize everything up and dawn...)
You must be in insane or one of those loan agent, if not I don't see the reason why a normal human will put up such comment.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by romeocares2: 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
Don't pay them any dime. Crediting you with 38k instead of 50k is fraud. Keep the message and get a lawyer to write to them. You can actually claim damages on their useless head.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by otijah(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

grin angry
Before you borrow money from those freaks, make sure none of your important contacts are on your droid, if you’re just knowing this, it’s too late.

In this case I’d have said you should ignore them for as long as you can (except of course they have a leverage over you as they already have your contacts). Eventually, the interest stops running and they’ll call to beg you. The interest doesn’t run more than a week.

The fear of not being exposed to your contacts may push you into borrowing to settle them, DO NOT borrow again from these guys. Just say fvck it and digest the shame, everyone borrows or defaults at one point or another

Do not fear or pity these ruthless crooks because they don’t give a shit about you

Be wiser next time, approach your bank/family/friends/me if you need a facility grin
They have my contacts bro, that's why am worried. if not I no go pay back
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by princeade86(m): 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

my bro, don't try it with eagle eye loan. They won't display how much u Will pay back, they will just credit u and later bring how much u will pay back. U can imagine u borrowed 8k, they will credit u 5600, and say u will pay 8600 in the next 6 days. Is that not a big thief.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by toffyz(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
otijah:
Don't understand what you mean by outstanding debit
I mean like an overdraft.
Was your account balance reading -#*** before the loan App credited you??
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by otijah(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
romeocares2:
Don't pay them any dime. Crediting you with 38k instead of 50k is fraud. Keep the message and get a lawyer to write to them. You can actually claim damages on their useless head.
I have voicenotes where one person was even telling that's that how they meet their target. they lie to customers and lure them to take up loan that is deceiving

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by otijah(m): 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
toffyz:

I mean like an overdraft.
Was your account balance reading -#*** before the loan App credited you??
No no, I dont even know how I got into that thing sef. I saw the app through and advert while playing game and since then it's been like they are using spell on me
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by obembet(f): 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ijaya123:

Report them to Fccpc on twitter or call them on +2348056002020, +2348056003030

Thanks for this information

@ otijah I hope u have answer to your question now?
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by meedoLock(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
This is why it is good to consult people when taking a financial decision of such magnitude. You would have been informed that loan agents are not responsible for the disbursements of loan funds, their sole duty is to do follow up and ensure recovery of loaned money back to the center account.
Asking one of their agents Acc to transfer the purported money back is a huge and avoidable mistake. Not a rocket science at all, let me use the opportunity to inform you that you have duped yourself sir.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Mbaku(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2023
obembet:
jimmyolasun

Your matter en 😂😂😂😂😂

Bro I swear.. Lol. Dem dey call all my contact but everybody dey warn dem.. Now dem don't reduce money for me and dem dey beg me for WhatsApp.. grin

4 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
It's terrible.

This loan sharks are one of the reason why Nigeria might not get better anytime soon. Imagine threatening someone after you've used your gimmicks to lure them into doing what they wouldn't do ordinarily.

Na why I dey shun the loan sharks altogether. As for responsibilities wey dey show up small small, we dey hustle patch am up. Peace of mind any day any time.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by sulaiy247: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7131622/loan-apps-owing-loan-app
Follow the instructions on this thread.
You might end up not paying a dime.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Treadway: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
What's hilarious to me isn't even OP's predicament, but rather some monikers here that claim to be swimming in cash, meanwhile them be regular customers of loan apps🤣🤣🤣

Not surprised, but still hilarious to read nonetheless. Lol

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by NewDea4: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
obembet:

According to Otijah

Report them to Consumer Protection Commission
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Emma1Oj(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
Guy listing to my advise, ignore them. Don't pay shishi. Block and uninstall their app from your phone. I promise you, nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, go happen.

Block that whatapp noba too.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by exalt2009: 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
Tell me why you refuse to name the loan app... that part I don't understand, why you fail to expose them..... you are not ready

obembet:

According to Otijah

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by StDonE(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
Just ignore them. Don't pay a kobo. You can report them as well with your evidences .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Groundnut Vendor In Suit Seen Issuing Stamped Sales Receipt To Customers (Video) / We Didn't Direct Banks To Disburse Old Notes – CBN Insists / Tony Elumelu Was In Vegas To Watch Mayweather Vs Mcgregor Fight (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.