Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage (17133 Views)

How People Waste Marriage Love In Their Youthful Days / "Nothing Wrong In Dating A Married Man If He Takes Care Of His Family" / 10 Things Every Man Should Know About Dating Before 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by SmartMen: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
ebubeson:
One of the killers of marriage is dating different wrong people before meeting the right partner. At this point, such a person may be so broken to the point that when the right partner comes, the feeling may be "adulterated" or "polluted" because of past hurts or frustrations.
You were so loving, caring and faithful to the wrong partners while dating, now you have the right partner and you are probably rude, watchful and careless..
Lessons: It is better to wait and marry the right person without dating, than dating several people before marrying.
I am in this category and I do not feel anything towards the female gender anymore. No excitement, no urge, no zeal, and no energy. I used to be the guy that will compose love SMS, I used to be the guy that love to call often...

and then in 2021, a girl I decided to trust her words cos of the way she came as if she was tired of what other guys did to her, chose to "love bomb" me. that completely broke me cos it scared me as I realized that I had been used to catching "cruises" all along. I realized the betrayal and how I exposed my vulnerabilities.

Anyway, she went with another guy between 2021 and 2022 I did something she never believed I could... it is 2023, and she has been working to get into my life... In fact, she called me in January 2023 to say "Hi" according to her. Of course if you know how women work, you will understand what "hi" mean.

However, I do not feel anything for her or any woman out there, no matter what.

Will I get married? Yeah, I will be next year but not to her.

Will I love the woman I would marry? I would just say I would like her but definitely not love in the real sense like I used to feel or have.

I don't even want any woman to love me either... I am definitely not interested anymore, neither am I gonna chase it.

Good luck to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by jayAjoku(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Opexzy:
Lessons: It is better to wait and marry the right person without dating, than dating several people before marrying.

While the above statement might sound reasonable and intelligent... Just take a closer look, read it slowly this time, you will see it's garbage from another wannabe motivational speaker or preacher.
😂🤣🤣🤣 I swear proper garbage

1 Like

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by DenreleDave(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
meobizy:
If e pain you, you're obviously broke.

Stop acting like a child.... I was asking bcox I saw ur signature..

Act like an adult....

What makes you think millionaires no dey this nairaland
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by DenreleDave(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
isabi2lof:

I'm a good lady cheesy , if I was the wrong person, he won't be wanting me back , he wasn't that bad o but ...

Your ex wanted you back?

So what's the but?
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by isabi2lof: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
DenreleDave:

Your ex wanted you back?

So what's the but?

His nonchalant attitude undecided

1 Like

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by obaidan: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Is it written on people's forehead who's right or wrong?
I get your point o but see ehn....if we let our heads do the thinking instead of our hearts, believe me it is written...u fit no see am day 1, but u won't invest so much of ur time, resources, body, soul before you see that this one na no go area.
People see it but ignore, or choose to give it a different meaning...

1 Like

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Olarewaju89: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2023
Romanoff:
Girl wey you spos to marry, you take am do boyfriend and girlfriend.

Some fell in love with people whose character wasn't marriageable.

When time came for them to marry, they chose level-headedness over love.

If you ask me, ot not necessarily a bad thing. Many who claimed to be in love with each other got divorced after they realised love is not enough to make a marriage work.

For a marriage to work, it takes two people totally committed to each other and making their marriage work.

I'm sorry, have you marry?
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by brandykemi: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
Automated trading robot

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Romanoff(f): 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Olarewaju89:

I'm sorry, have you marry?

With two children sir.
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
ebubeson:
One of the killers of marriage is dating different wrong people before meeting the right partner. At this point, such a person may be so broken to the point that when the right partner comes, the feeling may be "adulterated" or "polluted" because of past hurts or frustrations.
You were so loving, caring and faithful to the wrong partners while dating, now you have the right partner and you are probably rude, watchful and careless..

- a wise person would understand that their wrong choices in life is whats to blame here, not the individuals they chose.
- a wise person would understand that everyone is different, and just as you can date 99 yeye people, the next one could be the right one (dont use the failures of 99 to judge the 1)
- its equally wrong to get into marriage with nor r/ship experiences whatsoever, thus not understanding what it takes to make a union work (many divorce today because they are clueless about how the other gender function).
- all what you will experience with these failed relationships should be considered EXPERIENCE (not baggage).... so you will come into your marriage with the right life experiences to handle marriage.
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by DenreleDave(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
isabi2lof:

His nonchalant attitude undecided

Hmm.... Mind if I send a dm?
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Olarewaju89: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
Romanoff:

With two children sir.

God bless your home dear
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Romanoff(f): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
Olarewaju89:

God bless your home dear

Amen.
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by meobizy(f): 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
DenreleDave:

Stop acting like a child.... I was asking bcox I saw ur signature..

Act like an adult....

What makes you think millionaires no dey this nairaland
If e pain you, you're obviously broke.
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by JealousCobra(m): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
ebubeson:

No logic or chemistry in marriage just mere luck, tankiuu 😎
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Benrosaria(m): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
Are you saying they shouldn't date but just carry the whole energy and put in marriage.

I don't get what Nigerians now encourage it's own persons to do
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by bepositive11: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
It could go the other way too. That person may grow and become a better version of themself for the right person.

ebubeson:
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Benrosaria(m): 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
ebubeson:

There is no right person and there is no wrong person. We all have intentions and hence that intention isn't meant you feel disappointed and then change from wha we are into what we aren't.

Nigerians have intentions and that's a killer to everything.

Love isn't intentional sure you know
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
ebubeson:
Just know this and know peace, A Nigerian lady will meet 20 n above wrong guys b4 right person. Do you know why? They are all attracted to the same kinda thing. Since I started making money, up to 3 or more girls don toast me. Me way no like to toast babe , Bcus I don tire to lie.
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by bepositive11: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
Why give her this much power over you? It takes courage to love again.

I had a painful encounter with a narcissist, but I did not let them turn me into a bitter person. I cut them out of my life completely, but I have taken the lessons with me. I am still open to love, but I am more careful about who. I know what red flags to look for.

When you truly love yourself, no one can hurt you that deeply. The problem is a lot of people fall in love so much that they start loving the other person more than themselves. That is wrong. That is when the hurt and betrayal can be too much to bear.

Love yourself first and only love other people as much as you love yourself. Let go of people who don't reciprocate.

SmartMen:
I am in this category and I do not feel anything towards the female gender anymore. No excitement, no urge, no zeal, and no energy. I used to be the guy that will compose love SMS, I used to be the guy that love to call often...

and then in 2021, a girl I decided to trust her words cos of the way she came as if she was tired of what other guys did to her, chose to "love bomb" me. that completely broke me cos it scared me as I realized that I had been used to catching "cruises" all along. I realized the betrayal and how I exposed my vulnerabilities.

Anyway, she went with another guy between 2021 and 2022 I did something she never believed I could... it is 2023, and she has been working to get into my life... In fact, she called me in January 2023 to say "Hi" according to her. Of course if you know how women work, you will understand what "hi" mean.

However, I do not feel anything for her or any woman out there, no matter what.

Will I get married? Yeah, I will be next year but not to her.

Will I love the woman I would marry? I would just say I would like her but definitely not love in the real sense like I used to feel or have.

I don't even want any woman to love me either... I am definitely not interested anymore, neither am I gonna chase it.

Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
DenreleDave:

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by correctguy101(m): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
Goodman2023:
You forgot that no one knows the day he or she will get married until the day of marriage...

Let's take Amaka for example,
✓you did not tell Amaka that deciding who she marries is beyond her and it's determined by economic factors.
✓ you did not tell Amaka when she Will get married.
✓you did not tell Amaka how she will know the right one.
✓you did not tell Amaka that some will Mary early, some will Mary late while some will not marry at all.
✓You did not tell Amaka to get a job so that she won't because of hunger jump into a relationship.
✓you did not also tell Amaka who will take care of her needs before marriage.
✓You did not also tell Amaka that even on the day of marriage, it is not over until it is over.
✓Lastly, you did not tell Amaka that some relationships are better than some marriages.

Many things Amaka hasn't been told...

Chai, now our dear Amaka is clueless shocked
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by isabi2lof: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
DenreleDave:

The truth is that I'm afraid of NL guys , due to how they perceived women on this forum .
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Error401: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
she broke up with me yesterday, It was hell-painful even though she was my side chick, but she blamed me totally for everything. She is a victim of domestic violence and this has ruined her emotions. Coupled with being a single mother she had so much pressure from her ex, family and career.
I think dating the wrong people mess up people's brains and when they meet the right person, all they do is blame. Still pains me to shaaa, but we move as I no chop the pussy Wella before breakfast comes.

ebubeson:
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by LivstockJunctio(m): 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2023
ebubeson:

God bless dearly.
Many men are facing such women/ladies in marriage today.
God have mercy on us.
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Divoc19(f): 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2023
I have learned that this life is not black and white.
Marriage is not for everyone. Even those that married as virgins have issues some break up.
Our destinies in life are different. Stop looking at your mates and appreciate God for what you have today
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by DenreleDave(m): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2023
isabi2lof:

The truth is that I'm afraid of NL guys , due to how they perceived women on this forum .

It is good that you are...

Let's just get to know ourselves
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by DenreleDave(m): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
Divoc19:
I have learned that this life is not black and white.
Marriage is not for everyone. Even those that married as virgins have issues some break up.
Our destinies in life are different. Stop looking at your mates and appreciate God for what you have today

You are very much right. Many married ones are regretting ever getting married

1 Like

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by DenreleDave(m): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by ibinaboonline: 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
What exactly is your lesson/moral of the story? "Wait and marry the right person without dating?" So, people knew they were dating the wrong people and went on to exhaust their love on those wrong people? Think Wella.
ebubeson:

1 Like

Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by Zedoo(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
Always looking for one external thing to blame. A person that seeks no improvement improves on nothing and a desperate man will always marry a mannerless woman in haste.
A desperate woman will marry a wicked man. The end.
Re: How People Waste Love In Dating Before Marriage by ibinaboonline: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
Gbam. We want something to work so much that we ignore the red flags. Personally, I'm not so dug in about this red flag thing because one thing I know is that everyone is a POTENTIAL friend. Sometimes, it takes patience and understanding and two unlikely people might become best of friends. That wouldn't happen if you bailed at the first sign of red flag. I'm not saying it always turn out great at the end: just that it does happen.
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The plain truth is that most people tend to neglect red flags during dating, thinking that partner will change... Instead,it only ended up damaging them for life,to the extent of having trust issues when they finally meet their soul mates.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Question For All Singles; Why Do You Want To Get Married? / Can You Tell If You Are Pregnant The Day After Having Sex / Short Stories Archive: 1..the Sister In The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.