Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me (29430 Views)

My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by BOSMANARIS(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ajione:

The family might want to use you get there daughter to travel abroad, study them very well, and be sure your wife love you.

You can start the processing of travelling out before your marriage.

Once it click get married and leave but try everything to somehow cut your wife from the parent but take good care of the parent.

Same thought here.
The lady might be the one firing her parents to come up with the idea since the guy practically do everything for her and pays for everything.

My own advice for him is, take your time and know her plans towards you.

Final advice, if care isn't taken, you will get issue with her while in marriage.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by cedricksly: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?
forget all that she fought with her parents yesterday, you weren't there. I have only one thing to say to you, IF YOU WILL MARRY HER OR NOT, IT IS IN THE HANDS OF THE LADY, WHEN SHE IS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE DEMANDS OF THE PARENTS OR SHE IS NOT I SUPPORT, SHE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT TO DO.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by generalgisbon(m): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

This sounds like a story to me sha.. I no dey advise fictional stories.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by cobby14(m): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
Instead of wailing,Fix your sh*t
FairlyUSEDpussy:

This life no balance true true......... Graduated in 2018 and served year 2019............

since then no stable job even tho have applied a billion time.........

will be 33 yrs and no plan off getting married self..............

Here's another young man with a good job, car s, comfortable house and already planning to settle down.........at age 33

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by clinician2x: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Mu², I know you are one frust rated human somewhere claiming shit.

Mindset kee you dia, don't go and hustle and make money like your fellow men are doing.

Stay there and be forming mindset, as if that will bring money to you if you don't have focus, wisdom or have access to factors that can bring growth and financial progress or you're not smart/intelligent.

Life doesn't work that way dum no!

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Godwin4444: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ajione:

The family might want to use you get there daughter to travel abroad, study them very well, and be sure your wife love you.

You can start the processing of travelling out before your marriage.

Once it click get married and leave but try everything to somehow cut your wife from the parent but take good care of the parent.

if d guy make mistake marry d girl I can bet it will lead to regret for him

Any marriage that either parents don’t approve is bound to fail
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by thegroomspa(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Transactional marriage only time will tell...

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dancebreaker:

My brother, let's not fool ourselves. You see, I told people decades ago what 9ja is going through today will happen and why.
People said leave region out of it. Later Abacha came, then Boko came, now herdsmen, etc.

We can shy away from the truth to appear woke or cosmopolitan. We dey fool ourselves. A survey of Nigerians who kill their 9ja wives abroad will convince you.

We know where the women are super competitive in such cases.

Na wey dey pick up the pieces at times when it happens here.

OP must be weary and careful.

You are not wrong but Op have allowed such for too long.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by jesmond3945: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

If she has not thrown in the towel, please keep on fighting. Only stop the fight and move on, if she has thrown in the towel.
However, I dont like how you are running the relationship. Marriage is different. When kids come in there would be more pressure on you. Remember if your wife is not asking of lets say 60k when kids start coming she would start aaking you of that. Summary you are spoiling your woman and in marriage you would not like it.
Please, allow your woman take some responsibility, both house chores and expenses as well.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by isaiahethan: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Get her pregnant immediately let her give birth in UK. Since her parents thinks they are wise

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by jesmond3945: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

This life no balance true true......... Graduated in 2018 and served year 2019............

Here's another young man with a good job, car s, comfortable house and already planning to settle down.........at age 33
The truth is that in Nigeria you need handwork. Learn a skill. If you want a job you have to know someone. Forget online application and so on.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Montaque(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
OP. One thing you should know is that your in-laws are depending (or hope to depend) on your girl financially. That is my biggest worry in all this - a wife who is obligated to her family financially cannot be FULLY JOINED with you to build your own home after marriage. You are already helping the siblings at getting a job. That's a start. How many siblings does she have? Add their number to the number of kids you intend to have, so that you know your responsibility ahead of time. Whether you both stay in Nigeria or travel abroad with her, she will never rest until her family is free from poverty, and that may take your whole lifetime and lots of missed opportunities. And you can't love your girl out of this obligation. The more you love her, the more she feels she owes her family. That's my worry for you, that you are about to enter a bottomless pit.

Her mother is not subtle with their family's plan. Your girl is subtle with it so as not to scare you. Give her time, so that her hidden intentions may come out. Its well with you.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Cowbell521: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
Reinamaria:
No matter what they do, or how they might try to frustrate you, do not leave her.
As long as she loves you, and is willing to fight for you.
It's not them you're marrying, it's your lady.

It is not easy to come by someone you're so compatible with these days.
Someone that understands you as much as you understand her.
It's like you were made for each other.
I believe you will be happy married to her.

What about her father?
The man loves her but does the lady love him? I feel the guy is desperate. What do you think?
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by constance500: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

They only see you as a stepping stone for their daughter to cross over to the other side... Use your head

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Donpenny(m): 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
They knw you want to use their daughter to travel abroad as a register nurse she can get a travel sponsorship job from Nigeria and your skill set might not get you a decent job in the uk or US therefore you maybe become dependent on their daughter thereby depriving them of enjoying their investment. Everyone want to secure their future including you. You are just claiming love becuz she is a nurse and her parent can see through your deceit
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by XTRIMIOUS: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
For this Tinubu regime? Just dey play

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Ifakiland(m): 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

You guys don't hear word, una no dey ever get sense, why are you simps hell bent on learning by experience? Did they swear for you people? You're even calling dem inlaws? Chai. She doesn't touch her salary, you help her wash? Damnit. That family just wants you to sponsor their dota abroad and dump up. They are many here in the uk, they have bfs in niageria they dumped when they came and are climbing dicksss here on a regular. O boy open your eyes and go look for anoda gurl, that family don't want you. Stop been a stupid simp

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by ford101: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

when a woman is seriously attacking you in a relationship,she have seen something or someone better. The mother has a sure belive from somewhere that her daughter would go to UK and it might be via some guy begging to marry her who is from same state. Brother man don't go into a competition for that lady cos she is a reflection of her mother. Am just so sorry for you.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by jameshow: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
Honestly bro, you are truly weak.

You enjoy doing house chores while you allow her doing nothing, can you imagine?

This family are playing on your intelligence and if care is not taking you will regret all your actions.

I know the advice given you here won't enter your brain but I can tell you for free if you finance that lady to the UK, your cry will be premium

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by wahahlawahala: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
Gloriagee:
No vex, e fit be German company

whatever
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by rickleye: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
Okay a couple of things
1. Your parents ought to have been involved just to get their opinion and view of things.
2. Their daughter must travel out is just hogwash and is ploy just to let you know that they think you are not good enough for their daughter.

My Solutions
1. I don’t care about my in-laws - so my wife takes the kids to see her parents but we all go to see mine . I greet them and say Hi and Hello but we do not converse more than that.
If you love her so much then that would be the solution .

2. You leave her and look for someone whose parents are forward thinking.

3. You both elope and get married. Get a few friends as witnesses.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by kewelljoseph(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Please I need advice on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?
what tribe is she from??
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Reinamaria(f): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2023
Rayban25:

It's not. My final response.

What do I care?
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by pongwa(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

move the f**k on, Don't be like my friend, and thank your stars her family told you the truth

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by jojothaiv(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
This one pass me, the elders will do justice to it..
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by MeineMutter: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
victorVIC1:
Don't you think you're investing too much in this your relationship? From what you highlighted, you seem to be the one making all the sacrifices. This is not healthy for you

Don’t mind him.

He is cutting corners and making extra cash off the multinational company he is working for so he feels he has arrived.

Just wait a little and let the table turn.

He doesn’t know the girl only loves what he is doing but doesn’t love him.

Cut off the wedding, baller!

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Yours is called unfortunate destiny! Visit a white garment church in your area and have your head washed thoroughly with black soap. You have offended many girls in the past who are now having their pound of flesh.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Viridis(m): 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

If she loves you then let her get pregnant, that way her parents will know that you are serious. Bro don't think twice before doing this because those parents of hers are very wicked which kind condition be that one. Were they subjected to such during their time?

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by mastermind1759(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
Just calm down bro.maybe God is trying to show u something u are about to face in future, maybe u don't know this family as much as u think you do..

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by untoldtruth: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
Your instincts are kicking in trying to sound the alarm, annnnd you've brought it online looking for advice from people who don't give a sideways brick forming holier than thou.
Good for you, continue. Na here you go come back with the rest of the story, we won't wait for you.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Mom007(f): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2023
Oga, that fight will never finish o, so u better walk away now. Those folks see that lady as their meal ticket and you are already playing to their tune. No matter how much you love a woman, never switch roles. Its not natural and causes disrespect. Na him u dey face so. Mans job is to be a provider, the woman's is to nurture. Now u are doing both and call it love... Love is a small thing that needs to be properly managed else it turns sour. By the way, that struggle between she and her patents has nothing to do with you. You are being used. If they want their daughter to travel to US before she marries, they should send her there. Do not sponsor a woman's trip abroad then when the stories start, you will say you were duped. Tell her you are giving her space to sort stuff out with her family and to contact you when she is ready for marriage.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by dokyOloye: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Run 440

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Couple Celebrate 82 Years Of Marriage / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love / My Husband Is Always Running

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.