Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,944 members, 7,814,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me (29384 Views)

My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by 12inchess: 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
Just brake up with this lady. If are parents cant send her to UK, then why should you. angry angry angry

What nonsense.

Anyway, it could have never been me. angry

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by superCleanworks(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

if you feel it is best for you to leave then quickly do and do not ever consider THE MONEY. that consideration has made many men pay 10x over with their mental and spiritual health and a lifetime of regret. IT IS A TRAP

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by slowice(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
Guy don't let them use you. Be wise.

Put more effort to convince them but if they are still adamant, have a talk with your girl and move on.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by gfon(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
Think9ja:
This guy you be real mumu

Since we met, I've done this and that, she doesn't touch her salary, I have bought form for CBT bla bla bla.

All I see is the lamentations of a very weak man. But continue. Shey na the toto de sweet you? E go soon clear for your eyes.

De play, just de play
too weak my bro, I never read the part were the babe is even adding any value to him

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by clinician2x: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

This life no balance true true......... Graduated in 2018 and served year 2019............

since then no stable job even tho have applied a billion time.........

will be 33 yrs and no plan off getting married self..............

Here's another young man with a good job, car s, comfortable house and already planning to settle down.........at age 33

Next time you want to compare his life with his own, look at your moniker and look at your own. Success is not by accident, it begins with a mindset. Your mindset is rotten and his own is progressive.

You can't give what you do not have

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by chosky2589(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
Give Her Belle, Shikena!!

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by id4sho(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?
Bro, the battle is in their house. It's obvious the mum doesn't like you. Just continue bursting your fiance brain, that marriage go happen.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by possibilita(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

This life no balance true true......... Graduated in 2018 and served year 2019............

since then no stable job even tho have applied a billion time.........

will be 33 yrs and no plan off getting married self..............

Here's another young man with a good job, car s, comfortable house and already planning to settle down.........at age 33
lol
I basically stay with my mom right now coz no job, life no balance at all, graduate 2016, serve 2018, 33 too

But just keep fighting with time you will get there

4 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Emibass: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2023
Run for your life.
If family no like you my guy, you can't do anything.

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Dancebreaker: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:
Use your wisdom before they use it for you.

First of all can the parents afford to send her to the UK without your help or they want to use you to achieve that mission?

If the parents can comfortably afford it, then I will advice you not to leave her because money is not the problem in this case.

But if they can't, ogbeni move on with your life because they obviously want to use you to achieve that and the girl might even leave you when she gets there..

The easiest way out of this is to impregnate her, simple!

Na them sef go dey beg you to come and do the needful asap except they lack respect for their family.
The parents nor go fit send her. Her mum in particular for don send her since. The mum wan go do omugwo abroad. grin grin cheesy cheesy

From the whole story, you can even correctly guess which region they are from.
Na wa.

Oh boy, I hope your fiancée TRULY loves you. Otherwise, you get serious wahala loading.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
Is she worth dy stress?

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by tboydbrave(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2023
Baba, please never . I repeat never again do chores again. Let her do them. U will regret it in marriage. Cos u wouldn't b able to stop. She wouldn't want u to stop. I starting out like this too. Cos I was trained well. I did everything at home cos I didn't have a problem with it. 5 yes in marriage. We have serious issues when it comes to chores. She will become so lazy n would want it to continue. Plus u doing too much bro. Way too much. Stop giving her money,let her spend her own money,stop the chores, be yourself. Who u really are. Stop pandering to her
. N see if she really loves u then? I was once in your shoes. Doing everything at home. Excessive love showing while her mum didn't even like me. 5 yrs now n two kids. It's problem after problem. The last issue. I no fit talk am here. If your wife's family no like u. Baba waka pass. They go try u tire bro. Marriage pass all this love love u dey talk. It's way deeper. Am 37 yrs baby the way. 5 years in. Peace bro

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Gloriagee(f): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2023
No vex, e fit be German company

wahahlawahala:
u think na by queens English den dey take make am?
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by zakkxx: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2023
Oga live her alone oo. God done de show u suffer ahead. A broken relationship is better than divorce ooo. Oga collect sense and don’t force issues. A word is enough for the fool and non is required by the wise.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by urbobo20(m): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2023
Too much of grammar na dey kill una for Nigeria. the message has been well passed and understand so , what ur stress

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Richmindanthony(m): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2023
I didn't read ur whole story, but i understand ur pain 🤕

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by JoburgPlug: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Don't argue or force things with her or her parents. Just get her pregnant and watch her parents come running after you.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Hussein035: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
Stevenbright:
They want to use you to enable her travel out. Once they achieve that, they will go back to their initial objection of differences in tribe. I don't even know why you are forcing yourself on her. They simply don't want you but your money!

So, just move on and count your losses.

You said it all. You will still not marry that lady, even if you marry her you will either divorce or die of frustration. This people are testing how they will handle you after marrying their daughter. What they will do if you eventually marry her and I pray your business don't have issues they will tell you that you are useless and never done anything meaningful in their life

4 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by darealez(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Run!! Don't look back. Next time, don't spend this much, it's not your duty. Never marry a man or woman who cannot keep their family in check. THEY WILL FRUSTRATE YOU

4 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Kevineleven(m): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hmmm, if she travels abroad as a nurse, she is going to find a job and start earning massive income in dollar.
She will find another guy in the same profession as herself and your name becomes apology.
Another problem I see here is you doing the dishes and over pampering her, you think it's romantic but you are creating a very big problem for yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Josephkabila12: 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2023
You go see shege for that marriage if you marry that girl. The family want to dey control you and always give terms and conditions you must follow. Brother drop dat girl and look for some else that's decent and well behaved and the family is good too.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by lomprico(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Give her belle!

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by obinna58(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Soldier your objective at the moment is to hold your position and be ready to retreat but shoot at fire in the air, the enemy seems too little to be true, just hold and be ready to retreat no matter how deep you think you’re in the enemy territory

If her parents doesn’t give the blessing, it equals to gameover, don’t force life, balance will come to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Sunky200: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Your to-be in-laws are insatiable.

Yoruba elders will say Aya buruku see ni, sugbon ana buruku soroo ni

Those are the calliber of people that will ask for more and still be telling you that you've done nothing for them, no matter what you done and how far you'd go for them.

It's a good thing to love dearly but when it started hurting, it's no longer love
Run while you still can

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by EconomistXplain: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Reinamaria:
No matter what they do, or how they might try to frustrate you, do not leave her.
As long as she loves you, and is willing to fight for you.
It's not them you're marrying, it's your lady.

It is not easy to come by someone you're so compatible with these days.
Someone that understands you as much as you understand her.
It's like you were made for each other.
I believe you will be happy married to her.

What about her father?

pointbof correction, no babe loves anyman except for the things sh gets from him.....

so love?...my hand no dey ooo

4 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by ghiloman28(m): 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
You doing better as a man don’t let one family frustrate your effort, what you have spent is little compare to the consequences you will face if you bow to their pressure.

You are a man don't looseguard bro

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Saintsquare(m): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridsta007:

First go and enrol for IELTS and work on your English language and spelling. It is terrible, That is probably the reason why her family is fighting you.

To be honest, you should take your own advise first.....geez

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
GOSPELTRUTH31:

Hello there, so sorry for this experience.
Your complaint is being handled and response will be provided once treated.
Please bear with us.

^Chudy

What's the meaning of this
?

He met a lady without consulting us and after he must have spent plenty money on her because he thinks they are matchable bin bed and in food now the mother inlaw and family don't like him and he's here looking for who to reset his Brian?

at Op

Hello there, thanks for reaching out to us.
Please send us a DM for any inquiry, request, complaint or suggestion
We'd be so delighted to help.

^Chudy

Personally you have to let go off this emotional worthless journey of lust

When a man is Desperate for marriage and he's even ready to accept long distance marriage
Then something is wrong somewhere.

Something is really worng.

You don't know what is love
Stop watching too much movies
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by 2Radii: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

they want to use u, manipulate u and blackmail u emotionally..

If u like no get sense, no use ur sense, u go cry

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by sonofsteven: 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Na when you dey timid and naive,begging to marry their daughter, na den them go dey do shakara... my guy,confront them(not fight or insult) be like, if una no want this marriage, make everybody dey their day even you don tire with all these rubbish, if they don't want, make una carry una pikin make everyone rest sef(don't tell your wife it's a plan) den start doing like the marriage no even concern you again, you go see as everyone go calm, them go be like, boss no be so na,but if you dey give them chance,them go dey act like you are doing them a favor...

Remember standing up and be like, this marriage no fit work,make we my brother stand make we all dey go house, na den them be like, in law e never reach like this..we con sit down reason well,stop showing your weakness na there them go use enter you and if you marry like this, I go tell you say you no go fit talk and take charge ,cus na threat of I'm taking my daughter home,etc

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dancebreaker:

The parents nor go fit send her. Her mum in particular for don send her since. The mum wan go do omugwo abroad. grin grin cheesy cheesy

From the whole story, you can even correctly guess which region they are from.
Na wa.

Oh boy, I hope your fiancée TRULY loves you. Otherwise, you get serious wahala loading.

Good luck!

Leave region out of this, they may even be from the same region but different states.

Most often this issue is from the mother and has nothing to do with the region.
Na them be the architect of it, may be one of her friend's or neighbor's daughter is living outside the country or so, and as such she wants her own kid to do the same so that she can level up.
You suppose Sabi women and their unhealthy or unnecessary competition in everything na.

I have seen where a lady was been disturbed by her family to get married before leaving the country, in OP's it the other way.
So, Op is just a weak fellow, that is all I can say.
He must given room for so many things for it to get to this point.

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Sirqt5(m): 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
the 1987 in ur moniker is saying u r 36 , not 33 . back to d matter , oga marriage no b by force . wat part of they don't like u don't u understand ? u pay their daughter's bills , come employ their other kids in ur company still dem still dey find reason separate you . u better move on

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.