Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price (18148 Views)

Why Are You Obsessed With ‘nyash’, Will It Pay Your Bills?” – South African Lady / Giving Your Man Money Will Make Him Lazy - Counsellor Advice Women To Be Stingy / ''stop Depending On A Man's Money'' - Lady Blasts Her Fellow Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Puss360(f): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
1Sharon:

I hope you that thing they call bride price is the reason some men are gingered men to maltreat and treat women like property?

It should be done away with.
That is for the elders of the tradition to know...
If they abolish brideprice, that's fine..
But the main purpose of brideprice is more or less like "the man buying the girl"...
So if anybody add #1 join, meaning say you both bought the girl...
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by talented321: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2023
I don't think so
1Sharon:
Abolish bride price. It has been the reason for mistreatment against women

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by talented321: 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Funny sha'' they was fighting or what?
Samantha124:
My sister paid half of her bride price... No one knew about it until one day her drunk husband told everyone everything.. grin grin grin.. She was so embarrassed.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
talented321:
I don't think so

Absolutely so. It's the reason why some Nigerian men are misogynistic.

Since they paid for your head, they feel they are entitled to do whatever.

A similar thing happens when Nigerian men are the breadwinners.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Puss360:

That is for the elders of the tradition to know...
If they abolish brideprice, that's fine..
But the main purpose of brideprice is more or less like "the man buying the girl"...
So if anybody add #1 join, meaning say you both bought the girl...

Since you reap the benefits, it also starts with you. You can be the change and choose not to partake in it. Culture changes.

Greed and hunger won't allow some women.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
He was busy praising her and you know how drunk people can't keep a secret.

He then talked of how she helped him raise the money for the bride price by paying half of it... Everyone just went silent upon hearing this.. grin grin grin
talented321:
Funny sha'' they was fighting or what?

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
Samantha124:

He then talked of how she helped him raise the money for the bride price by paying half of it... Everyone just went silent upon hearing this.. grin grin grin

Damn that's embarrassing. I wonder what their convos were like when he was sober
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
So far she's the one managing his finances... grin grin grin
1Sharon:

Damn that's embarrassing. I wonder what their convos were like when he was sober

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by talented321: 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2023
Some people has that midset which is right''
But i have witness so many marriages where introduction' traditional wedding and white wedding wasn't perform yet the same thing happen.
See sharon'' men just want to be head the house no matter what'' i believe u might witness or see that same behaviour in relationships too na.
As far a man is the one taking care of all the expenses in the house he will always let u know that he is the head.
1Sharon:

Absolutely so. It's the reason why some Nigerian men are misogynistic.

Since they paid for your head, they feel they are entitled to do whatever.

A similar thing happens when Nigerian men are the breadwinners.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Samantha124:

Oh.. did that make him stop drinking?
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by talented321: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Na wa'' happiness and drink are too things we have to becareful with. Sometimes u fit tell ur enemy ur plans because of drink and happiness. Sha
Samantha124:

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
talented321:
Some people has that midset which is right''
But i have witness so many marriages where introduction' traditional wedding and white wedding wasn't perform yet the same thing happen.
See sharon'' men just want to be head the house no matter what'' i believe u might witness or see that same behaviour in relationships too na.
As far a man is the one taking care of all the expenses in the house he will always let u know that he is the head.

And being condescending while doing that.

No woman should rely on a man 100% for finances, that's why they do shakara and talk down on you.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by talented321: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
Even women talk down on their husband despite man of the house.
As far two people (man&woman) are living under one roof talks must come except love and understanding
1Sharon:

And being condescending while doing that.

No woman should rely on a man 100% for finances, that's why they do shakara and talk down on you.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nope, but apparently it has decreased... She only allocates him a small amount of money as his monthly allowance from his monthly salary.

Sometimes he'd have to ask her for some money if it happens that he finished his allowance before the month end... grin grin grin
1Sharon:

Oh.. did that make him stop drinking?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
Samantha124:
Nope, but apparently it has decreased... She only allocates him a small amount of money as his monthly allowance from his monthly salary.

Sometimes he'd have to ask her for some money if it happens that he finished his allowance before the month end... grin grin grin

Damn..so he's like a man-child😟

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by CgRay: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amajuoyi44:

grin there are some girls that can do such thing
Such men will end up treating them like trash

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Apparently it's for his own good because he can't manage his own finances.

He was even the one who suggested in the first place that my sister should take him to children's court and demand for child support from him.

The judges were surprised when he agreed to everything without a fight, not knowing that he was the Mastermind behind it... grin grin grin
1Sharon:

Damn..so he's like a man-child😟

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Samantha124:
Apparently it's for his own good because he can't manage his own finances.

He was even the one who suggested in the first place that my sister should take him to children's court and demand for child support from him.

The judges were surprised when he agreed to everything without a fight, not knowing that he was the Mastermind behind it... grin grin grin

It gets worse😟...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by deewhydoski(m): 2:56am On Aug 01, 2023
Goodlady:

I weep for your condemned destiny. Born throway pikin. See how tattered your life is!
Don't mind him, some guys will see the truth and they will not want to say it. If she get a sister she go allow his sister to pay her own bride price
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by deewhydoski(m): 3:10am On Aug 01, 2023
Samantha124:
So what are you now saying
Sometimes being drunk doesn't mean a man is irresponsible o. Anyone that wanted to feel ashamed should feel ashamed about it. Your sis know what she saw that makes her to pay half of her bridepride.....If they are living in peace and harmony that is all that matters.. what had happened in the past will remain in the past..

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by MrsTwrite(f): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2023
My dear sisters if you decide to pay your own bride price the tables might turn, it might either lead to gratitude or attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Jeez! Did I say I was complaining?

What is your problem?
deewhydoski:

Sometimes being drunk doesn't mean a man is irresponsible o. Anyone that wanted to feel ashamed should feel ashamed about it. Your sis know what she saw that makes her to pay half of her bridepride.....If they are living in peace and harmony that is all that matters.. what had happened in the past will remain in the past..
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by 1Sharon(f): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
deewhydoski:

For you to make this comment, that means you're just like him.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by stacyadams: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
Amajuoyi44:
I hardly seen or hear that ladies gives their man money to pay their bride price

Why can't such happen? cry

They should come and pay my groom price .....na only virgin I go pay em bride price.....

cheesy evening newspapers feel free to dm.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by JuicyStar: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
Wetin concern man wey never get money to pay bride price with marriage?
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Cassandraloius: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
Palava.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by reiddecuti: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Goodlady:

Stfu!
There's nothing like evening newspapers.
The older the wine, the sweeter it is.
Just last Saturday, a 46yrs old woman got married to a 40yrs old man in Lugbe area, Abuja. Everyone ll get fulfillment at one time. Cos I reject your short, black and broke destiny no mean say I go tey before I marry or reach Age 90 like Sarah before I born.
All you boys here dissing women with your childish threads, na una Mama's bweast una dey drag like madman own. You all should get a life.

And you take the marriage dey give urself hope sis?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Danidinho4: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
If as a man you yield to this then I'm sorry for you. The future will better explain itself.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by omooba969(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
mariahAngel right now! grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Gkay1(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
If any man accept this, the man will lose respect to the woman.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Fiscus105(m): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
talented321:
Now we are dating and u take in (pregnant)' i wanted to wed u before delivery time, but in the process thing went sour for me'' but u have the ability to give me the cash to pay your dowry so that i will give u later''
Now u need this dowry to be paid too, so that you will be called a legally married woman' to gain that respect of a married woman.
Will u let it slide and born out of wedlock?
Ordinary dowry head no dey again' and u think without neck the head will stand.
na only god know why he give men power over women'' if not the oppression and shege we for enter.

Must you do wedding during the time things went sour for u ni?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
Samantha124:
My sister paid half of her bride price... No one knew about it until one day her drunk husband told everyone everything.. grin grin grin.. She was so embarrassed.
same thing happened to my neighbour anytime they have quarel her husband will tell her I didn't marry you because you are that paid your bride price not me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Lady's "Natural" Photo Shoot That Got People Talking. Photos / Party On Romance For Buhari Victory / Failed Celeb Marriages: Stop The Trolling, Take The Lessons..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.