Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price (18192 Views)

Why Are You Obsessed With β€˜nyash’, Will It Pay Your Bills?” – South African Lady / Giving Your Man Money Will Make Him Lazy - Counsellor Advice Women To Be Stingy / ''stop Depending On A Man's Money'' - Lady Blasts Her Fellow Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Fuckyoumod: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Goodlady:

Children mentality. You sef go old soon.
even @ 60 years, I will never Marry an evening newspaper like you.
Children mentality is the word core evening newspapers use whenever the truth and reality hits them.

Ask Ned woko a 60+ man, why he married Regina a 20 year old virgin. E get why.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2023
And also keep in mind that in countries like India and Kenya, women there are the ones who pay the groom price, yet most of them still get mistreated.
1Sharon:

Sis, lots of strange practices used to be part of African culture but we've moved on from that.

If certain cultural practices are going against human rights. It needs to be jettisoned. People aren't supposed to be slaves to their culture.

Then again it may be the amount of money paid for bride price. If a man paid a good amount for his bride, best believe he'll feel entitled to treat her like she's his object. The women in those situations can't even leave, because that will involve the girl's parents giving back the money.

Just look at the topic on Fp asking why men cheat, alot of the men feel they are entitled to do whatever since they provide everything.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Goodlady(f): 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
even @ 60 years, I will never Marry an evening newspaper like you.
Children mentality is the word core evening newspapers use whenever the truth and reality hits them.

Ask Ned woko a 60+ man, why he married Regina a 20 year old virgin. E get why.
I actually agree Ned Nwoko is an evening newspaper that married Regina cos of his money.
Unlike you that ll be poor till you die and still be broke in hell. You v no hope of marrying any woman both young and old.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by WeirdAlien: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
1Sharon:
Abolish bride price. It has been the reason for mistreatment against women

No.
Will you mistreat your Mercedes Benz because you bought so expensive?

.... unless you paid for a Mercedes and you brought home a keke napep. cheesy
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by WeirdAlien: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Samantha124:
My sister paid half of her bride price... No one knew about it until one day her drunk husband told everyone everything.. grin grin grin.. She was so embarrassed.

That's an embarrassing revelation. But instead of paying half she should have prevailed on the father (or family) to reduce it to an affordable amount.
Cultures are different though. But bride price is mainly symbolic. No matter how much is paid, it can never be enough to take a human being home. Many Yoruba fathers in Nigeria return the money tagged "bride price" back to the groom's family, saying they're not selling their daughter - they collect all the other gifts (and cash) anyway.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
Why return the bride price when they could just tell the groom in the beginning that they don't want it?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
WeirdAlien:

That's an embarrassing revelation. But instead of paying half she should have prevailed on the father (or family) to reduce it to an affordable amount.
Cultures are different though. But bride price is mainly symbolic. No matter how much is paid, it can never be enough to take a human being home. Many Yoruba fathers in Nigeria return the money tagged "bride price" back to the groom's family, saying they're not selling their daughter - they collect all the other gifts (and cash) anyway.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by WeirdAlien: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Samantha124:
Why return the bride price when they could just tell the groom in the beginning that they don't want it?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

The gods need to be satisfied that the groom's family did everything required. grin
Just joking though. But that's the background reason. They want to prove that tradition was respected in the first place. Then they "gift" the money back to the groom.
Also a way of saying "no amount of money can buy my daughter, I'm giving her to you as a kind gesture".
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
You just got me even more confused.

How is tradition respected if you're going to return the money?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Isn't that alone an insult to that same tradition?
WeirdAlien:

The gods need to be satisfied that the groom's family did everything required. grin
Just joking though. But that's the background reason. They want to prove that tradition was respected in the first place. Then they "gift" the money back to the groom.
Also a way of saying "no amount of money can buy my daughter, I'm giving her to you as a kind gesture".
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by WeirdAlien: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
Samantha124:
You just got me even more confused.

How is tradition respected if you're going to return the money?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Isn't that alone an insult to that same tradition?

Lol. That's another viewpoint.

Imagine I bought some flowers from you, paid with my card on a POS, which issued automated receipt. But you still give back the amount paid in cash. It's already on both our banks' records that I paid for the flowers, right?
Or you issue an invoice, but applied 100% discount on it. Your auditor is satisfied that the transaction is substantiated.
Or a judge giving a suspended sentence of 2 years. The accused becomes an ex-convict immediately, possibly without ever seeing prison walls.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Fuckyoumod: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
Goodlady:

I actually agree Ned Nwoko is an evening newspaper that married Regina cos of his money.
Unlike you that ll be poor till you die and still be broke in hell. You v no hope of marrying any woman both young and old.
broke and poor like your father and your entire unborn generation.. right?
Mumu!

You will end up in your father's house, you will die a single old, poor, smelling and childless woman, begging for food and money all the days of your life.

No normal or mad man will ever marry you, they will continue to sleep with you, they will continue to waste your time, the will continue to play you and disappointed you until you die, Amen... Amen...Amen....
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
Lol... But that doesn't make any sense..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Noo, Yorubas should come and explain because I'm now curious as to why must they give back the bride price when they can just give away the bride without the groom paying for any bride price.

If they feel that they're selling their daughter, then there's no need for a bride price in the first place.
WeirdAlien:

Lol. That's another viewpoint.

Imagine I bought some flowers from you, paid with my card on a POS, which issued automated receipt. But you still give back the amount paid in cash. It's already on both our banks' records that I paid for the flowers, right?
Or you issue an invoice, but applied 100% discount on it. Your auditor is satisfied that the transaction is substantiated.
Or a judge giving a suspended sentence of 2 years. The accused becomes an ex-convict immediately, possibly without ever seeing prison walls.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Goodlady(f): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
broke and poor like your father and your entire unborn generation.. right?
Mumu!

You will end up in your father's house, you will die a single old, poor, smelling and childless woman, begging for food and money all the days of your life.

No normal or mad man will ever marry you, they will continue to sleep with you, they will continue to waste your time, the will continue to play you and disappointed you until you die, Amen... Amen...Amen....
It pained him so hard. I ll show you latest gift a man better than you just got for me. Your curses are wasted. Donate them to your mom πŸ˜‚
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Fuckyoumod: 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Goodlady:

It pained him so hard. I ll show you latest gift a man better than you just got for me. Your curses are wasted. Donate them to your mom πŸ˜‚
he is only catch cruise with you.
When he is done banging you like there is no tomorrow he will abandon your sorry ass.

The curses I placed on you can not be undone. Until you apologize.

The curse will last for 6000 years.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by reiddecuti: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2023
Goodlady:

Excuse me, you don't know me in real life!

OK love, make me know you!
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by pansophist(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2023
I no wan respond to this question since, but make I talk something.

No, a woman shouldn't do that. She will insult herself and the man that allows such only goes to show that he is not a good man.

In fact, it's far honourable for the bride price to be scrapped off, than for a man to borrow from his bride to pay for her bride price. Even if you pay her back, that history is a stain to the sanctity of the marriage.

As a man, you also don't want a woman to feel like you didn't value her enough to meet all the marital conditions. If you can't pay for the bride price, how can you afford other things as a newly married man?

Just as baptism is different from taking a bath in the river, bride price is the same thing, it's a symbolism. It's not like a borrow-and-pay scheme between friends.

No woman should do that. Better beg your family to scrap it off, than humiliate your self. Infact any man that allows his bride to borrow him money is not a good man. He has singlehandedly shown that he is not fit to be a husband.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price by Blackkie: 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Something great about Mbaise ladies

https://fb.watch/mCaAp_wWFM/?mibextid=9R9pXO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Ex Girlfriend Ignores Me - What You Need To Do To Change This / Are Men Willing To Wait For Sex Till Marriage? / Woman Narrates How She Was Almost Beaten To Death In Front Of Her Kids By FiancΓ©

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.