Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

New Marriage About To Crash. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Marriage About To Crash. (29937 Views)

House Maid Is About To Crash My Sister's Marriage / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage / How To Crash Your Relationship 101 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Mom007(f): 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
narite:

Normally, I would have written a lots of words that would definitely leave you convinced after you have gone through them, giving you a great paradigm shift.

Sadly, I am too tired to talk, think and even write. So I will drop a quick fix to your marriage, just a quick fix.

Humans are emotional balloons, emotions blocks our proper way of thinking (seeing things logically, being genuinely open to other’s feedback or criticism) and if this emotions are not being handled carefully they can escalate producing a bigger problem out of something that once seems so trivia subsequently ruining dreams, friendship and of course marriage.

Tell your husband he his right and you were wrong, you should have supported him during those moment but you were too caught off in the wedding taking place and completely forgetting how he his doing, coming up with all the money needed. Promise in the next months you will personally give him 50% of all the money he spent for the wedding and you will also see to it that you both pay the loans back together.

Let him know both of you are in this mess together and this mess was created due to lack of deep communications between both of you and it something you both have to work on to prevent same future mistake.

Do not be scared of how you will find the money to pay him back, just put in a genuine effort, I can deeply sense that your husband is a very responsible man, he will not really put that burden of paying back all the loans or collecting all that 50% I spoke of earlier. Do this and there is no other way you could have tell him better that he his not alone. He never will be.

Pls, do all you can do to keep that man. There is no such thing as husband anymore. And pls do all this while giving him is favorite meal and looking extremely seductively beautiful at the same time.

Meeeeehnnn, it seems I end up writing a bit too much. SO tired.
You tried for her sef. Left to me, she should go and ask her dad for advice.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Ernesthugo(m): 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:
My husband is not the same man I fell in love with.

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

We had little issue then but he later resolved it.

He brought everything they ask him for

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

His family brought food and everything went fine and that was it.

I don't know what was keeping him moody until he spoke up.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

I got angry because he used the word 'extorting'.

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

Have I said something wrong?

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

I am tired, I don't know what to do.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by BadMaster: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
talented321:
Imagine giving me list because i want to marry a non virgin' likely olosho''
And to u reading this post' if you like go and take loan to pay any dowry'' last last na depression go kill you '' that blind u have been blinded by love or pussy when u enter inside marriage u eye go open.
* Till today i never still know what will make me to go and take loan to start any marriage'' i can't even reason it.
I don't know why some men are so foolish. Why should you get yourself indebted because you want to marry a woman that's not a virgin, and you weren't even the one that deflowered her? Even the wife doesn't see anything wrong with the way she handled the whole situation that led to her husband borrowing just to marry her.

Now his life is miserable.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by boldx(m): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by iyaamoke: 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
Yes ma, you said something wrong. You knew he couldn't afford that exhorbitance. It counts for nothing if it is a once and for all payment plus it didn't mean he cherished you less. All he wanted was your understanding so that you could appeal to your people for him. Believe me, that wasn't much to ask.
You know what he is seeing in you now? A woman who would follow the norm rather than stick to him through thick and thin, a woman that will make him indebted just to look glamorous and acceptable before others. I tell you Madam, that is not the way to enjoy your home. Right now, he is your first and major priority. Tradition, norms and "how they do it" comes after him. The Bible says a virtuous woman will do her husband good all the days of his life. Now that the wedding of a day is over and he is repaying debts, how happy do you think he will be?
Please go and apologise to him sincerely. Henceforth, let him know that no matter how difficult it gets, when he looks over his shoulder, it is you he will be seeing. This error is still correctable. Plus, learn to cut your cloth according to your fabric from this early stage.
I wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Segzy19: 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
You got him into that condition.
You could have defended him when your dad was milking him.
Is your dad now living with you? Is it not you and your husband now sorting out the aftermath?

You didn't stand by your husband when he needed you. You stood by your dad....

The guy is in debt because of you, especially in this economy right now. That 150k salary you claim he earns can't do anything much now. Besides, he has huge loans to pay back.

Find a way to support him to pay back the loans he incurred because he wanted to marry you. Use sweet, calm and reassuring words to encourage him. If you make any mistake of nagging him, then kiss your marriage bye bye even if he still eats your food ..

Ladies, be wise next time....

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Avast(m): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
You should have fought for him has he said. I hate it when parents are making life difficult for their children. Why is your father insisted on getting everything on the list. And he go still expect that your husband to be giving him money after marriage.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

send him a text message saying you're sorry, you've thought and you've come to understand where he's coming from. Send it when both of you are in bed together and act like you're sad and crying. Defend your home first, leave pride for later. I've seen ladies who challenged their parents due to exorbitant bride prices and sometimes they win, sometimes they don't. Your husband just wanted to see an attempt from you that you could stand up for him no matter what, I know he'll come around but just do this one biko. God bless your marriage with plenty years of happiness

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Avast(m): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segzy19:
You got him into that condition.
You could have defended him when your dad was milking him.
Is your dad now living with you? Is it not you and your husband now sorting out the aftermath?

You didn't stand by your husband when he needed you. You stood by your dad....

The guy is in dependent because of you, especially in this economy right now. That 150k salary you claim he earns can't do anything much now. Besides, he has huge loans to pay back.

Find a way to support him to pay back the loans he incurred because he wanted to marry you. Use sweet, calm and reassuring words to encourage him. If you make any mistake of nagging him, then kiss your marriage bye bye even if he still eats your food ..

Ladies, be wise next time....
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by minasu190: 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Be patient and support him, that is what he needs from you
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by legba1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
An apple doesn't fall too far from the tree... You and your Pa manipulated that young man.

Your dad: "I wont collect bride price twice"

You: "If you love me you will do all they ask of you for me"

Those are the height of manipulation. Now the dude is over whelmed with debt.... All on top 150k... Gid help him you two are settled in Lasgidi, house rent will elapsed soon.

I blame though, he should have walked away.

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Donpenny(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
He finally discovered he made a financial mistake by marrying a liability due to some feelings then instead of logic.

3 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Cromagnon: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Good
Shebi e dey sweet una wen una dey extort am
You go hiaram
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by FireUpNow(m): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Save your marriage as there is no perfect marriage
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Oju4190: 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
The only thing I have to say is that ur dad is a wicked man.......

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Neictraema(f): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
The problem is that you and your family think that because someone wants to marry you, he should bend to every of your wedding wishes... it's his wedding also, but for you. He is the source of the fund. And you father and you the wedding planners.

It takes wisdom to remember that after the wedding, comes marriage and how you live together, relationships with extended families.

Some in-laws have issues today and in some cases can't visit their grandchildren because of unreasonable demands during the wedding.

#God help us

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ggoldmine: 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
Help pay off his loan.

Ehinjuola:

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by xtervaganza(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
Your father is a wicked man

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

let us assume you were kidnapped (God forbid) and he decided not to do anything, what will you say if your filt decided to pay the Ransome? If you don't get the point, you should have stood up for him, even if your parents decided to stay by what they want, fighting for him would mean a lot of how you loved him.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by oneclickng: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
You arrogantly supported your parents during the extortion process termed "bride price".

How on earth will a loving parents request a cow from his in-law in this present economic situation.

You will still blame him (possibly fight and abuse him) if he is not living up to your expectations financially.

3 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by madprophet(m): 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Your father and family are wicked.

Giving the fact that you knew his financial standing, you still went ahead to make your family do this to him.

This is pure wickedness and expect him to be laughing with you with all this pressure.

I think you need to help him pay the loan for you to have peace in that home.

He should not have gone ahead in the first place. Those demands are very ridiculous.

Your dad sold you off

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by bonnyhope: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
lopatep:
He don collect loan for ur matter.

A foolish man takes out loan to do wedding
A smart man takes out loan to do business

Marriage is also an investment
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by jeromestarks: 2:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Your family extorted him and also robbed him on a woman (you) who is not even a virgin.
Your husband was scammed. He realized it late. He is in deep regret.
Shame on the stupid young man you married.

Please set him free from that marriage. You're killing his soul.

Mumu has been scammed 🤣.
Please drop his number,lets talk to him.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by bonnyhope: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
Brandiebird:

Nairaland, the home of mad people 🙄

Is it not the same person with different kine of story? This forum na real cruise
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by mrblessed(m): 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

It seems like your dad and your husband had a joint wedding. What manner of lame meddlesomeness is this?

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by efficiencie(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

LoL. No be you pay bride price but na you dey complain. Enjoy your cold marriage. Make it work.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by josite: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Calculate all he spent on the wedding.divide it into half and find way to give it to him not as wedding expenses but as a birthday gift or valentne gift

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by efficiencie(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
bonnyhope:

Marriage is also an investment

What is the ROI?
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by OluAKGBGN(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
For it not to go down south you have some steps to take and I wish you all the best.
And let me be frank with you, the innocent man did wrong by going ahead with the wedding, you are filled with ego and pride. You are the type that can die or do anything to protect or save your blood even though they are on the wrong path of a situation against anyone including your husband. From your write up, you and your entire family have seriously offended him. You were suppose to mediate for him, didn't your parents extort him? All because he wanted to get married to you he went through serious agony and pain, '' he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice'' , do you know the pain he is currently going through while trying to refund several loans he took all in the name of marriage or wedding? ''He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him'' you were suppose to support and fight for him during that time cos life goes on after that single day of wedding ceremony. God forbid, if something serious happens, how are you two going to survive? I mean sickness, loss of job and so on. I believe he is seriously in debt and he is constantly thinking about how to get out of the whole predicament. The only thing you can do to have the loving man back is to drop down your pride and ego totally, go down on your kneel and beg him for forgiveness. Then beg your parents to beg him, with this you will have a loving home and I believe he loves you, but d shege you and your people made him go through is unbearable.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Lastmessenger2: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
Phranx1:
Give him space & time also be a dutiful wifey for he will come around, am sure from d explanation this happened in d south, due to economic situations parents should be a bit lenient for our children happiness shouldn't be traded for who's daughter's wedding Is d biggest, in d north even a bucket of akara is enough for a wedding ceremony.
are you serious? In that case I will marry from the North. No money to waste in this balabu ebola regime
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Achor1111(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Allow the poor man to breath!
Nobody go dictate my wedding. unless, you are financing it

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by selab: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
I feel his pain. You should have supported him by convincing your family to reduced those items and manage with him. Its your wedding not theirs and i know they can't marry their own daughter. Such thing pained men and they feel extorted.

Just try and pacifier him, beg him and let him see reason that you never supported your parent but avoid unnecessary argument and for peace to reign

I was able to convinced my family of some items to be dropped and the kind of event we want.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"? / Ffg - Fraudulent Facebook Girls / Rochas Okorocha And His Wife On Valentine's Day (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.