Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

New Marriage About To Crash. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Marriage About To Crash. (30009 Views)

House Maid Is About To Crash My Sister's Marriage / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage / How To Crash Your Relationship 101 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Pinkybush: 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
Your father said your husband should buy cow and rent a big hall? Did your father bought cow when he married your mum? Did he rented a big hall when he married your mum? I believe there are other things your greedy father may have extorted from the young man who was doing you the favour by coming to marry you. Besides, are bride price paid twice?
Did you care to ask him if he has the money for all those things or not? But, the only thing you could do was to tell him to go ahead and pay, as if he committed a crime for coming to marry you. And the only money you could support was a mere 50k. Sigh!

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by FirstCounsel(m): 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
98% of the comments here are spot on. Very impressed with all your replies.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Josephkabila12: 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
Never borrow money ๐Ÿ’ฐ for wedding
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by GOSPELTRUTH31: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:
My husband is not the same man I fell in love with.

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

We had little issue then but he later resolved it.

He brought everything they ask him for

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

His family brought food and everything went fine and that was it.

I don't know what was keeping him moody until he spoke up.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

I got angry because he used the word 'extorting'.

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

Have I said something wrong?

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

I am tired, I don't know what to do.

The ceremony is over
You guys should face your marriage and allow social media to rest.

If he choose to be moody all his life let him be and you should
Accept reality.

This is what lack of communication does to people.

Wish you all the best and the choice you have made.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by fieryblitz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2023
Bros has really gone to lengths to get your hand in marriage, perhaps the financial pressure is coming home on this new family. Try to pacify him as this resentment could go into full blown hatred if not carefully managed. Financial pressure of getting married in our part of Nigeria is too tasking, why do poor people pressure their children into society weddings?

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by OBTOREPA(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

Auntie, your people extorted his really big. How many cows did your dad buy during his time?. You should've stood by him,bride list is not automatic, is negotiable anywhere.
Your people really halt the young man and you are the one suffering it.
That's why is good to stand by your intending husband no matter what.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Bonjovi13: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

I'm going to be frank with you. There are two ways to analyse your behaviour.

1. You have been trained to see a husband as one who is responsible for carrying the entire responsibility in the home no matter how heavy or difficult. He is a man so he has to figure out how to sort things out. You as a wife, just sits pretty and let yourself be taken care of.

That's your ideology and you probably come from a home where your father takes care of the entire responsibilities in the house whilst your mother has her own domestic role. Nothing wrong with this ideology.

But please don't get married to a young guy who is struggling to make a living and build a career from scratch. Marry a well to do man or a man who comes from a well to do family.

2. You lack situational awareness, emotional intelligence and empathy. This is evident from your lack of understanding of the mental and emotional state of your husband. How can you not know that your husband is feeling isolated and let down. How can you not know that you husband expected you and your family to be his friend and make things easy for him knowing that he is coming into your family as a son.

You and your family cut him no slack and made him get into debt just to marry you. Imagine you saying that he should pay because he won't pay twice.

Did you bother to ask him if he has the money or how things would work out after the wedding.

After he sorted the entire thing in the list your family still asked him to buy cow, rent hall. His family still provided food. What did your family do apart from buying clothes for themselves and inviting all their friends. Did they even think how they would relate with him after the wedding?

Now the young man is indebted and no one cares.You noticed his mood and he opened up and that was your response.

You had better have a rethink and apologize to him. But if you ask me, the foundation of trust and vulnerability has been impaired. It may be difficult to repair. You may have lost him because he has emotionally checked out.
You need to humble yourself and plead for his forgiveness.

3 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ArcChu: 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Soo in all these, you didn't see where you went wrong? You are selfish person. You pushed your husband you claimed you love to borrow to show his love for you? You never care about him but to please your family? But I blame him for being co#ward. I will back out the moment you sided your people and even suggest that he seek help from his family to marry you. You better go apologise bc for me, I won't trust you again and wouldn't continue with the marriage.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Plight21(f): 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
Did he marry you as a Virgin?

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by rightopdeep(m): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Marriage Wahala too Much ,Apart From Children I see no Reason for it Jare .

Well Once can get a Surrogate Mother to have a Baby Sha...

Then You Pay her she goes on her Way .
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Pharaohny: 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Naaa Mumu dey do wedding ๐Ÿ’,if to say guy man don knack you belle , wey be say naa you dey beg am to take pregnancy all this extortion no for happen
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by BirtherOfKings(f): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
habeebu:
Go an apologize...
Say sorry...
Help him offset D loan...
Simple!
best advice ever cheesy cheesy
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Plight21(f): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
Bonjovi13:

I'm going to be frank with you. There are two ways to analyse your behaviour.

1. You have been trained to see a husband as one who is responsible for carrying the entire responsibility in the home no matter how heavy or difficult. He is a man so he has to figure out how to sort things out. You as a wife, just sits pretty and let yourself be taken care of.

That's your ideology and you probably come from a home where your father takes care of the entire responsibilities in the house whilst your mother has her own domestic role. Nothing wrong with this ideology.

But please don't get married to a young guy who is struggling to make a living and build a career from scratch. Marry a well to do man or a man who comes from a well to do family.

2. You lack situational awareness, emotional intelligence and empathy. This is evident from your lack of understanding of the mental and emotional state of your husband. How can you not know that your husband is feeling isolated and let down. How can you not know that you husband expected you and your family to be his friend and make things easy for him knowing that he is coming into your family as a son.

You and your family cut him no slack and made him get into debt just to marry you. Imagine you saying that he should pay because he won't pay twice.

Did you bother to ask him if he has the money or how things would work out after the wedding.

After he sorted the entire thing in the list your family still asked him to buy cow, rent hall. His family still provided food. What did your family do apart from buying clothes for themselves and inviting all their friends. Did they even think how they would relate with him after the wedding?

Now the young man is indebted and no one cares.You noticed his mood and he opened up and that was your response.

You had better have a rethink and apologize to him. But if you ask me, the foundation of trust and vulnerability has been impaired. It may be difficult to repair. You may have lost him because he has emotionally checked out.
You need to humble yourself and plead for his forgiveness.

You've answered it all.
Bless you

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by TrumpDonald2: 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

You did wrong dear. Words are very powerful and there are people who hold words very dearly. Instead of you to apologise, you were justifying your father's strict and unreasonable attitude.

So you are at fault and I'll advise you make amends. If you want to save your marriage, go and apologise to him. Beg him and assure him you didn't mean it that way. Take back your words and admit you were wrong. I believe he's a kind man and will forgive you and return to his former self.

You women need to talk wisely and not just say whatever comes into your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by BALLOSKI: 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
Wodu89:
Childish behavior. Malice and sulking
Over sabi. He was forced to part with what he's not having and you dont want him to feel bad? If na me, I won't even visit her family again. Never!
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Abifarin16: 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

You did wrong dear. Words are very powerful and there are people who hold words very dearly. Instead of you to apologise, you were justifying your father's strict and unreasonable attitude.

So you are at fault and I'll advise you make amends. If you want to save your marriage, go and apologise to him. Beg him and assure him you didn't mean it that way. Take back your words and admit you were wrong. I believe he's a kind man and will forgive you and return to his former self.

You women need to talk wisely and not just say whatever comes into your mouth.

If they would only learn to say encouraging and good things to their men and not believe that if I tell him how I feel he will look down on me. They for no dey get problem.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Fantazy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
You spoilt the whole matter when you said "he was the one who wanted your hand in marriage"!

I wonder why you women keep having that mindset; marriage should be a two sided plan not one (the man alone). He wanted to marry you, fine. You also wanted to settle with him isn't it?

Why then will you expect him to kill himself cos he wanted to marry you.

You women don't always think of the aftermath of the wedding (which is/should be the principal thing)

I can't even try to do more than myself if any girl parents don't collect what I have to give, let them go to hell for all I care. After all marriage no be by force!

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Sojiver(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

you are the problem you should have ask your father to be considerate.you should have plead on behalf of your husband to reduce the bride price list honesty I can't take a loan to marry even a virgin talkless of non Virgin,when I did my wedding my father in law gave me bill but my wife refuse the bill from is father until the bill was reduced to her own teast because she knw my financial strength.....my advice for you now is to apologise to your husband telling you are sorry because u couldn't stand by him during the pressure of the whole wedding period.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by OZIOGU1: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
My greatest joy in this 2023 will be to know how to drag your Husband to NL, so that we can share this backlash you got from fellow NL members, this will allow him to divorce you by this weekend and you will make history to have the shortest marriage ever lived.

Ngwanu, Your family is poverty stricken and they sold their daughter, but the so called husband is a SiMp, take loan to marry in this mordern day, is it madness, free women every where with chest wey full like mike tyson, enjoy your wrong foundation.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by DonEd(m): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
"He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me..."

That's the representation of selfishness.

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by chival(f): 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Your husband is right to be angry. This excuse for extravagance during weddings that I hear brides and their families use, is very immature. You should have stood up to your dad and made him understand your husband couldn't afford all that. Your dad had ABSOLUTELY no right to demand the cow etc. You are lucky your husband didn't back out of the wedding entirely. You sound like a "daddy's girl" and that will only breed problems in your marriage. Marriage is for mature women, and I should know, I've been married for almost 15years. I'll advise you to apologize to your husband and limit your dad's interference in things that concern your husband and your marriage. Most men will find it emasculating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Zedoo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
If he truly loves you he should go broke to pay bride price and you have the nerve to come here to lament.

This is to all intending bachelors, if you ever complain about money and your woman insists on spending it on frivolity instead of trying to see what she can do to reduce it, you will have yourself to blame soonest. I donโ€™t make the rules.

This OP dun shayo.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by absoluteSuccess: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
Very wicked setup for someone who is trying to find his feet in life.

I'm sorry your dad did woefully bad, he should have told you the kind of man for you.

The guy is experiencing buyer's apathy.

Your dad made a very wrong first impression. I mean what good does the cow and the hall now?

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Wodu89: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
BALLOSKI:
Over sabi. He was forced to part with what he's not having and you dont want him to feel bad? If na me, I won't even visit her family again. Never!

Nonsense. Poverty don shapen una.mindset finish. He's supposed to convert the feelings to cherishing her olodo
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Wodu89: 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
chival:

Your husband is right to be angry. This excuse for extravagance during weddings that I hear brides and their families use, is very immature. You should have stood up to your dad and made him understand your husband couldn't afford all that. Your dad had ABSOLUTELY no right to demand the cow etc. You are lucky your husband didn't back out of the wedding entirely. You sound like a "daddy's girl" and that will only breed problems in your marriage. Marriage is for mature women, and I should know, I've been married for almost 15years. I'll advise you to apologize to your husband and limit your dad's interference in things that concern your husband and your marriage. Most men will find it emasculating.

What thrash are you saying. Poverty mindset everywhere..mtchew
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Acidosis(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Gr8mind07:
Knowing the financial strength of your husband, you could have mediated to get the burden on him reduced. He expected that but to his disappointment he didn't get it from you.

She wanted to prove to her family that her husband "get money." Now, the young man is financially drained.

Your husband messed up though. He had all the time in the world to terminate that relationship.

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by GboyegaD(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
It is annoying reading post like "I know my dad, he wouldn't back out"; "if you love me, you will provide it"; etc. You did not stand up for him and the love seems one sided. Now he's in debts and worried about it. The best you can do is crave his understanding.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by sorepco(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2023
Wao my dear. You both are at fault but i give you 80% of the fault though.

You should have begged your parents to reduce the list as this might put your soon to be formed family in economic jeopardy.

You also could have fought for ur man or seem to fight for him before his eyes. If it were me i won't like it that my wife did not stand up for me in this, EXTORTION by her family.

You also spoilt everything by saying the rubbish you said to your hubby. No be everything you carry for mind you go yarn!

Way forward:

Go to your man and apologize. Tell him you have learnt from what happened and that it would not happen again....tell..no..beg him to forgive you and that you transferring that love and loyalty you have for your family to him!

Ehinjuola:

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ugbanante: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2023
Madam! Madam u no try, y. The marriage na only him go enjoy am? U know the man purse, u help ur own people milk am to take loan!!!
And now u want him to smile and romance u with debt on his head?
What amount are u using to support the loan repayment?
How much is rent that he has to pay, utility nko? Him no get dependants to Carter for too?
And u expect him to smile with u?
Make una de apply wisdom for things, not emotional abrakadabra
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Passionate1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2023
Refund him d money for d cow, he'll forgive u. .love na give and take. .

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by AliEzeOlu: 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

@Op, first of all, how old are you? I want to check something.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Wodu89: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
Osanoghodua1:
Your husband needs to grow up shall. I love the way things are getting expensive in Nigeria, African traditional rites usually milk or extort her people to the ground. Must one carry out an elaborate marriage? Let families start amending rites. Soon young men will just impregnating the girls and they will pack in just like that cos #10m may be what is needed for an average marriage when USD hits #2k.

Women want it big, their fathers equally want it big, that's what my father in-law told me then, that If I don't carry a live band, money must be borrowed to achieve it, that I must kill a cow. I did all to the glory of God, I fought my wife small after marriage but we have passed that era now. The family supported too.

Thank you. This is balanced, sound, mature judgement here not the povery-laced comments all over the thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Adekunle Gold Said About Simi In 2018. Sahara TV Interview (Video) / How I Met My Girlfriend / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.