Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,598 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

New Marriage About To Crash. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Marriage About To Crash. (29922 Views)

House Maid Is About To Crash My Sister's Marriage / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage / How To Crash Your Relationship 101 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by mmadu5(m): 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
goshee:
The man no get sense at all.

Did you hear the stupid wife say that since he was the one that wanted her hand in marriage he should be ready to pay the bills? If I was in the man's shoe I will never proceed with the weeding again. Why do women think that men needs marriage more?

That guy is a simp. Before he will come out of that debt it will take him 5 years.

my brother you say 5 years? thats if he will die of depression i know of a story when a man did same thing after not being able to repay the loan together with the stress from his wife . he took his own life .

the red flags were there but he ignored it .
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by maasoap(m): 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Have I said something wrong?

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

I am tired, I don't know what to do.

Yep, you did. You guys have made him paid beyond his earning capacity. Tell him that you're sorry and support him anyway you can, just to cheer him up.
He asked for your hand marriage, that didn't mean he should go bankrupt now. What happens after marriage (financial responsibility) is much more important than what happens during the marriage ceremony. Your mentality about getting married is shiity.
And 150k might be money before covid-19. Now, it is nothing!

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Tyktoker: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:
My husband is not the same man I fell in love with.

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

We had little issue then but he later resolved it.

He brought everything they ask him for

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

His family brought food and everything went fine and that was it.

I don't know what was keeping him moody until he spoke up.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

I got angry because he used the word 'extorting'.

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.
just imagine talk, as if collecting everything ritualistically is a silver bullet that would make the marriage wahala and divorce-proof . Yes nah, even me I will call it extortion cos some parents have not killed their single mother daughters whose baby daddies don't give a damn about their child! I strongly agree that is what people of your parents character deserve so you go back and stay with them and be well cared for!

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

I don't like whats happening. My marriage is too young to be going through all these.

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Tyktoker: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
just imagine talk, as if collecting everything ritualistically is a silver bullet that would make the marriage wahala and divorce-proof . Yes nah, even me I will call it extortion cos some parents have not killed their single mother daughters whose baby daddies don't give a damn about their child! I strongly agree that is what people of your parents character deserve so you go back and stay with them and be well cared for!
Ehinjuola:

My husband changed totally after wedding day, in fact, it started on the wedding night and its giving me a lot of concern.

It's not that he is not talking to me or we are fighting, but he is not the cheerful happy person anymore.

After months of trying to get what the problem is, he finally opened up to me and I don't know what my fault is, I think he is overreacting.

My husband works in an insurance company and he is just a junior staff, he earns 150k per month, so he is not doing that bad.

When we wanted to get married, my dad wrote the wedding list and everything he would bring, when he saw them, he fumed that they were too much and they should reduce it but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once.

During the wedding, my parents told him to buy a cow, rent a hall and decorate it then they'll take care of other things. He said he didn't have money for a big hall and he would prefer a field ground but my dad insisted that rain could disrupt things and he has many people coming.

That almost cause issues too, I had to support him with 50k to get the hall because I know who my dad is, he won't back out.

I didn't know how he did it, he took the hall and designed it, he bought cow too.

He said I couldn't fight for him, I was there supporting my parents and watch them extorting him, did I even know he had to collect loan to pay for those things?

He was the one that wanted to have my hand in marriage and if he cherish me, he should do all they wanted since he is not paying twice.

After I said this, he stopped talking in the house, he comes home, eat and go to bed.

I tried talking to him but he would listen but not talk, he is cold to himself and prefer his privacy.

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by goshee: 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
MrsTwrite:
I'm feeling for him, he must have taken loan to make you happy, try and give him some space, do what will make him happy, and not sad, it's too early for all these Wahala.
Marriage is one way of scamming men. The man just realized that he was scammed.

3 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by dannex4adx(m): 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ehinjuola:

You and your family really exhorted him. You said in your post that since he is the one that wants your hand in marriage and cherish you, he should go beyond his financial capacity, that's a selfish mindset. Marriage should be a mutual benefit. He was right you should have told your parents to reduce the lists when it's done that you have never eaten a cow before. You put a big burden on the poor foolish man.(yes, foolish because he should have avoided you and your family) now he is in a big mess because your family don cash out in the name of wedding.
Go and beg him, deliberate with him on how the loan will be paid.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Kumta: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
shocked
Whazar:
Anytime husband side with his own family he is always mamas boy or some immature guy to the society but we all know what you girls are when it is time to take side

Women won’t entertain their spouses family in their matrimonial home but their own fam can live with them

You and your family successfully manipulated the poor guy to marry you at all cost even though you all knew how difficult it was for him and now you come here to lament

Honestly nah the guy I blame cos nobody I repeat nobody or any societal pressure will make me do anything above my budget

Now the guy eye don clear say you no even be V and it’s not really worth all the sacrifice he made, so what’s the essence ? Shior
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by OLULAW: 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
Your husband is childish. He needs to grow up.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ibinaboonline: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
Hopefully, they'll grow together. What I'll like to know, though, is why the guy went through with all that only to start sulking after the wedding.
Jazmine10:
Happens to the best of us! Her tone sef presenting her case imagine her saying the guy is doing well on a #150k salary inferring with audacity that her family's in the best place to make demands as per bride price and he should jump high in obedience. Yes, every family have a right to what they'd ask as bride price but some things are just off. I pray she gets her head off the clouds back to reality and work on her marriage else she's on a long thing. May she seek and find wisdom.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by lopatep: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
koolaid87:

Marriage self na bizness
for women not men
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by MrsTwrite(f): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
goshee:
Marriage is one way of scamming men. The man just realized that he was scammed.

The man never really balance, imagine someone earning 150k per month, for this hard country, and still went ahead to marry the love of his life, omo, I pray he settles all his debt.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by neoG(f): 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
When I saw where OP mentioned that her husband is not doing bad with 150k monthly salary that is when I lost interest in the story.
150k can't even sustain a single man or woman monthly.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by AbleBouncer: 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Socratiz:
It is obvious that the debt he went into to sponsor your wedding is taking a toll on his mental health.
It would have been helpful if your response was supportive when he complained that he had to take loans for th wedding. Rather than since he was the one who wanted your hand in marriage, he was supposed to fulfill all obligations, you would have said you understand the challenge both of you are facing with the debt on you both, and you're prepared to find a solution together.

You'd agree that the problem is not only for him, it's for both of you. So the solution must come from you both.

My advice is you approach him and whether he listens directly or not, tell him you want to be involved in solving this challenge.

Find out how much he borrowed. How much he's paying per month. Let him know how much you will contribute.

Face this challenge together and you will win. Do not abandon him as if it doesn't concern you.

The situation is quite pathetic but this right here 👆 seems like a perfect solution, sit him down, have a heart to heart discussion. Apologize on your parents behalf and assure him that you will walk side by side with him till it is over. Again don't involve your family In your marital affairs at all, face it and it will face off. Good luck

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by merits(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
Wodu89:

The mentality of the man is that one an individual that can't manage a crisis o. Small things men crumble under pressure that's why little challenge people kill themselves rather than take the lessons, become resilientz persevere, hope and rise in faith taking step by step actions trusting the process

This thread to me exposes the sick psyche of our society. We aren't producing much healthy male species.

👍 Rightly said bro.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Madam,,you asked him to pay the bills your father gave him if he really loved you and he did that by taking up loans….allow the man have peace na…he is thinking of how to pay back the loans he took just to prove his love for you.

You and your family wicked sha and your husband has a lot of guts for taking up loans just to wed you….Odiegwu.
He for leave you for your father make he marry you na.
You can imagine! And when she asked him why he was Moody and he told her, instead of jejely apologising and seeking peace she added fuel to fire by "flaring". Now she is coming to Nairaland to ask stupïd questions. You will use your hand to set fire on your home then you come to a faceless forum full of strangers to ask for help. Madam divorce him!

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by blackgold2018(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
Wodu89:
Childish behavior. Malice and sulking
mugu. You are the child here

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by nattyGENT: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
".... but my dad insisted that he won't collect it twice, I also told him if he really loves me, he would provide them, he could get help from his family too, it is called bride price and other things, and it is once"
You were the problem and the guy should have backed out. Why were you in support of your father's selfish marriage rites if you were not in agreement with your father to EXTORT him and in this present Nigerian economy

Most times it is what you ladies tell your parents about your fiance and what they should include in the list that they put because you know he earns 150k bla bla bla. Remember there no assurance in the insurance work.

In marriage, there's an assertion that MARRIAGE DOESN'T FINISH IN ONE DAY"

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by LeyeWrites: 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
You're a useless woman.

If he

If he

If he.

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Camberlo(m): 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
Frankly speaking, I blame you and your parent for indirectly extorted the young man all in the name of bride pricey.

Your fault was that, you suppose talk some sense into your parent, let them know the economy is not encouraging for salary earner and they should have rethink about bogus demands felt your man to be but instead you keep telling to do your parent bidding.

On your parent side, as a parent that want best for their daughter after marriage, I expected to sit your man down and ask what can he afford and make the wedding easier but instead, they want to collect everything, I stead of let the young spend less and make his wife happy after wedding.

My advise, try and send him message of sorry whenever he goes to office until he cool off and never argue with him in this period.

Finally, be dutiful wife and don't forget to pray.

Best of luck 🤞
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by larrypourl(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
I really don't like commenting on things like this, but you and your parents ought to sort out the venue. You're the one they're coming to meet and you can host them anywhere. Why would your family dictate that he should pay for the hall, why can't you do according to your family purse and host them where you're capable of. Una come still request for cow join. He can only assist you by paying for decoration and maybe support for the venue but not forcing such on him.

Una go just talk like say others never do this wedding before. I knew what my father in-law did during my time. Her family took care of the venue cos they're the host while I took charge of the decorations, band, cakes, photography, our clothes and other expenses, each families handled their food separately. My father in-law even told my people to buy whatever we can afford on the list even though we provided all. We team up to have a wedding not extorting the young man to make him feel you're being sold out.

In short, your family didn't do anything since the young man paid for the hall, bought you guys cow sef and still came with food for his people. You're inconsiderate.
Later now your people will be bragging that they did wedding for you abi.
The marriage list is even negotiable. A good and considerate father should be understanding considering the harsh economy realities of the country, yet you mandated him to do all these.
Mark my words, that young man won't hold your family in high esteem again, he lost regards for y'all already and to be honest, you're also not helping matters.

4 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ednut1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
Never marry into a useless broke family like this

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Spiff20(m): 11:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
They don bill my man wetin no nice, joy no de again grin

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by CashVessel(m): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
If we check well, you never marry, you just dey here dey quote other people talk. When your time reach you go do worse.
This idea if " if you cherish me, you will kill yourself for me" is rubbish. You know what the man earns and yet you didn't stand up for him. Are you for sale? You should have prevailed in your parents to help your future with the man by taking it easy in him, now you're the one complaining. Your father that was doing bold-face is nowhere to be found.
Starting life in debt is not a good thing, so you better work hard to help him offset that debt in good time, but until then you will not have a happy husband.
quote author=lopatep post=124986854]He don collect loan for ur matter.

A foolish man takes out loan to do wedding
A smart man takes out loan to do business [/quote]
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by seuncyrus(m): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
talented321:
Imagine giving me list because i want to marry a non virgin' likely olosho''
And to u reading this post' if you like go and take loan to pay any dowry'' last last na depression go kill you '' that blind u have been blinded by love or pussy when u enter inside marriage u eye go open.
* Till today i never still know what will make me to go and take loan to start any marriage'' i can't even reason it.

Orie ti buru

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by seuncyrus(m): 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
Brandiebird:

Nairaland, the home of mad people 🙄

LMAO grin grin.

OP was a man some months back and now a woman grin grin . Wonderful

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 10, 2023
okerekingsley90:

You understand it man some things are just off. That man is just passed cos his wife family were not considerate. Don't be surprised these such people would bring burden or even interfere in his marriage. He is just psychologically down cos he feels his wife could have helped in at least reducing items on the list
Yeah, you are right on this angle. At this point she needs to grow up, set a clear boundary with her folks or this might be the beginning of some lengthy issues in her marriage. Marriage is work really it's apparent she's yet to understand this else she'd be doing a back and forth between her parents and marriage.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 10, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Hopefully, they'll grow together. What I'll like to know, though, is why the guy went through with all that only to start sulking after the wedding.
Maybe he is not the confrontational type or he followed through for the sake of the love he has for his wife?

1 Like

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Blackpowers101: 12:28am On Aug 10, 2023
Ehinjuola:

Just honey with a few leaves mixed together will bring back your cheerful husband back to you. No repercussions, no harm whatsoever. Ask any crossriverian around you, he or she will explain. This is my contact 09034568201, the number is not new here.
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ibinaboonline: 1:22am On Aug 10, 2023
Then why sulking after the wedding? Both of them need to work on themselves and their marriage.
Jazmine10:
Maybe he is not the confrontational type or he followed through for the sake of the love he has for his wife?
Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by Anabosee(m): 1:33am On Aug 10, 2023
mmadu5:
I don’t normally comment on post like this but this one I will surely do .

My dear newly wedded woman you are truly and evil person and inconsiderate I’m sure you don’t even love your husband all you wanted was just to get married and answer married woman I blame your husband for not backing out when he could . He is in for a long ride .
U are just like me, when I see post wey de provoke me, I de involve too.

This naija economy now, is not a period to spend lavishly, not to go talk of borrow because of wedding. That guy de see shege now because of him banny, even her statement sef de provoke me.

2 Likes

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by rickleye: 3:33am On Aug 10, 2023
Ehinjuola:

You are both to blame .
Him
1. For not speaking his mind , well if he did you likely won’t be married.
The Cow, Hall and other stuff must have set him back close to N500k.
I don’t understand why a man should go in debt because of tradition ? He starts off his marriage with -500k and has to work to balance account. How much did you contribute to the wedding ?
A great father would have made sure that he also contributed to the successful marriage of his daughter and not be a burden . ( not saying your dad isn’t a good one).

You :
There are 2 sides of the story and you have mentioned your side, I am sure there are other instances where you have taken sides against your fiancé/ husband and he’s felt betrayed.

In any case - Ask him how much debt he is in and see if you can help him pay it off .
Secondly, try to avoid saying my dad or my mum WANT anything !!!! That’s will just set off annoying bells.

Also try seeing things from his perspective- he seems like a nice dude

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Marriage About To Crash. by ikelords(m): 4:10am On Aug 10, 2023
Wodu89:

Shut up. Una too dey dramatic. I disagree with your stance. Wedding na preparation. He had a choice to marry someone else. Poverty post
I won't give you the attention you need. Go and play with your mate. This conversation is above you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"My First And Best Sex Experience Ever" - Shared By A Woman / My Mom Has Refused Me On Having A Boyfriend / Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.