Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? (14009 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / See The Reason Why My Best Friend Graduated With A 3rd Class(photo) / Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mimi234: 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Yes! I go marry am, espeshally if na babe wey i loff, and wey get better carakta! Degree na just paper!. . .[/size]

undecided looooooooool,
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Dumb thread, u, wetin you get, first class?,
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by JahMan1: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
I am sure you guys are confusing the poster.
You suggested opening a biz for her,what if the lady in question do not like biz atall.I hv seen so many like that.
In my own case,I made my ambition known to a lady and she told me I announced my intention late that she's already hooked.I was shocked she couldn't even hint me as a close friend.She said she was afraid I will take it as suggesting I shld make my intention known.However,that she was wondering, "Could I have married a lady who do not have a 1st Class or a 2:1? I laughed at her and guess my answer,
"From your first year that I started teaching you,I knew you will not make a 1st class,but I still loved you anyway"

I heard that Prof Chike Obi(the renowned mathematician) told his boys not have any dealings with a lady who cannot make a 1st class or at worst a 2:1.I know the one in AMCON had a 1st class in maths and his brother a 1st class in Physics (UI). I do not know the class of degree of their wives.
Some folks also insist they must marry a medical doctor or a lawyer or a teacher.I wish them luck especially if God supports them and give them a good wife alongside the class of degree or course of study.

Let us not condemn the poster's question.I will advise him to pray well about it and God will give him direction.Afterall we all have our statistics of who we want our wives to be.It is not only in beauty,it is in everything.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Op,

Yes i will.

What degree do you have? If u don't mind me asking
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Acidosis(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
as long as She has a first class brain. I don't work with papers, I work with IQ
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mimi234: 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
Jah Man:

I am sure you guys are confusing the poster.
You suggested opening a biz for her,what if the lady in question do not like biz atall.I hv seen so many like that.
In my own case,I made my ambition known to a lady and she told me I announced my intention late that she's already hooked.I was shocked she couldn't even hint me as a close friend.She said she was afraid I will take it as suggesting I shld make my intention known.However,that she was wondering, "Could I have married a lady who do not have a 1st Class or a 2:1? I laughed at her and guess my answer,
"From your first year that I started teaching you,I knew you will not make a 1st class,but I still loved you anyway"

I heard that Prof Chike Obi(the renowned mathematician) told his boys not have any dealings with a lady who cannot make a 1st class or at worst a 2:1.I know the one in AMCON had a 1st class in maths and his brother a 1st class in Physics (UI). I do not know the class of degree of their wives.
Some folks also insist they must marry a medical doctor or a lawyer or a teacher.I wish them luck especially if God supports them and give them a good wife alongside the class of degree or course of study.

Let us not condemn the poster's question.I will advise him to pray well about it and God will give him direction.Afterall we all have our statistics of who we want our wives to be.It is not only in beauty,it is in everything.

that's rude, if someone said that to me i'd take as an offense.

To the topic I would question his inability to even make an ordinary 2.2 , 3rd class isn't terrible (because of course the worse grade is getting no grade at all), but 2.2 is not that difficult to obtain, now i may be biased because of course yours truly is a first-class holder, however 3rd class signals to be either laziness, intellectual inabilities etc unless he can justify why he got a 3rd class, and because of this i would be slightly weary but that's not to say I wouldn't marry a 3rd class or even worse grade holder but it does make you wonder why did you achieve a 3rd class?? If he can justify this then all is good in the hood   wink
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by nwachukwu7(m): 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2011
Well, I didn't even make 2.1 but I am doing way better than all the 1st class guys I know or met. It is not an issue.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
mimi234:

To the topic I would question his inability to even make an ordinary 2.2 , 3rd class isn't terrible (because of course the worse grade is getting no grade at all), but 2.2 is not that difficult to obtain, now i may be biased because of course yours truly is a first-class holder, however 3rd class signals to be either laziness, intellectual inabilities etc unless he can justify why he got a 3rd class, and because of this i would be slightly weary but that's not to say I wouldn't marry a 3rd class or even worse grade holder but it does make you wonder why did you achieve a 3rd class?? If he can justify this then all is good in the hood   wink

Does 1st class , 2-1 or 2-2 degree holders make a better wife than 3rd class?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mimi234: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
Not at all -  however like i said I would question why you got a 3rd class. I mean the average is 2,1/2,2 but you didn't even make average , ah ha what are you doing school - especially that uni charges ridiculous fees.

Most people i know that got a 3rd class - were either lazy or just couldn't be bothered anymore - like it or not these are characteristics and if someone has such characteristic i wouldn't want to marry you. (however if you can justify your grade you know financial difficulties, had to miss an exam for a reason or whatever etc then i wouldn't care if you got a 3rd class or not)

(It may seem like i'm bullshitting but i know what i am talking about) lolol  grin
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by JahMan1: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
mimi234:

What is rude about that? The person in question picked no offense because we know ourselves so well.
To the topic I would question his inability to even make an ordinary 2.2 , 3rd class isn't terrible (because of course the worse grade is getting no grade at all), but 2.2 is not that difficult to obtain, now i may be biased because of course yours truly is a first-class holder Thank you for telling us., however 3rd class signals to be either laziness, intellectual inabilities etc unless he can justify why he got a 3rd class, and because of this i would be slightly weary but that's not to say I wouldn't marry a 3rd class or even worse grade holder but it does make you wonder why did you achieve a 3rd class?? If he can justify this then all is good in the hood   wink
Is it a 'he' or a 'she'? Gay marriage?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mimi234: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Jah Man:

Is it a 'he' or a 'she'? man-lover marriage?

looool I am a girl and only date men, so I'm replying back as if i was in the situation i.e. marrying a man thats a 3rd class holder
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by nawfia(m): 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
3rd class degree in nursing shocked shocked, i don die,

btw, love conquers all, have an aunt that made a third class, she currently owns one of the biggest event management firm in port-harcourt, raking in millions on a monthly basis,

once the girl is street smart, nd sweet, she is good to go, qualification is mere paper,

and please grow up man,
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
mimi234:

Not at all -  however like i said I would question why you got a 3rd class. I mean the average is 2,1/2,2 but you didn't even make average , ah ha what are you doing school - especially that uni charges ridiculous fees.

Most people i know that got a 3rd class - were either lazy or just couldn't be bothered anymore - like it or not these are characteristics and if someone has such characteristic i wouldn't want to marry you. (however if you can justify your grade you know financial difficulties, had to miss an exam for a reason or whatever etc then i wouldn't care if you got a 3rd class or not)

(It may seem like i'm bullshitting but i know what i am talking about) lolol  grin

I do understand your point but this focus on paper qualification is unhealthy, a 1st class degree holder could be a bad wife, in most cases the different between paper qualification and the actually person could be compared to different between day and night.

There is no evidence out there that proves that somebody with a good result makes a good partner in marriage or even in working environment.

People should be judged based on who they are and NOT what they have.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by tampa1871: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
otokx:

Silly question
Thank u, Very silly and foolish indeed. This is one of the reason why our nation is the way it is. Steve Jobs only had one semester of college, Bill Gates also a drop out. Unless we change our mentality, we will forever be backward. What has certificate got to do with the person within? Are you marrying the person or the certificate?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mimi234: 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2011
justwise:

I do understand your point but this focus on paper qualification is unhealthy, a 1st class degree holder could be a bad wife, in most cases the different between paper qualification and the actually person could be compared to different between day and night.

There is no evidence out there that proves that somebody with a good result makes a good partner in marriage or even in working environment.

People should be judged based on who they are and NOT what they have.

hmm true. But do you agree that qualifications indicate certain characteristics of a person? and further agree that these characteristics is what determines if a person will be a good wife/husband or not??

e.g. If you met a lady with a 1st class degree in Medicine what does that tell you?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by SignorZax: 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
My Wifey graduated with a 3rd Class Degree.
She is my Wifey.
I spent all my money for the wedding.
I'm not even annoyed.
And I don't even remember whether she has a degree or not.
All I know is that I love her, I want her and I married her and now she is my wifey.
She is a third class graduate, but a first class wife.
You see why I don't give a damn about her degree?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by horny4u(f): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
Check out her IQ yourself

Can she hold an intelliegent conversation ?
Is she organised?
Does she roll up her sleeves and gets the job done on time no matter what?
Is she lazy?
Is she interested in learning and self development?
What exactly are her talents?
Is she ready to make exchange this talents for revenue?

I personally believe everyone is intelligent but not everyone develops their intelligence and this can affect their genes ( pls no ask how , na long discussion) after all if you mate 2 race horses you will most likely get a race horse, so my concern will be to check that intellectual excellence runs in their family---
Yet if you love her even the above should not stop you from marrying her as you can train an average horse to become a race horse ---gba!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2011
mimi234:

hmm true. But do you agree that qualifications indicate certain characteristics of a person? and further agree that these characteristics is what depends if a person will be a good wife/husband or not??

e.g. If you met a lady with a 1st class degree in Medicine what does that tell you?

I'm with you on some points, yes i will give credit to a lady with 1st class degree, she deserved the respect but that doesn't necessarily make her a better person than a lady with 3rd class degree.

I couldn't give a monkey about her paper qualification IF she is arrogant, rude, snobbish, unfriendly, dishonest, can't think outside the box. . . the list goes on . . . . practical character qualities is what defines an individual.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
Signor Zax:

My Wifey graduated with a 3rd Class Degree.
She is my Wifey.
I spent all my money for the wedding.
I'm not even annoyed.
And I don't even remember whether she has a degree or not.
All I know is that I love her, I want her and I married her and now she is my wifey.
She is a third class graduate, but a first class wife.
You see why I don't give a damn about her degree?

Classic!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by gaffer: 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
What me think on this matter is that the poster does not want to have kids with dull brain, grin
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
horny4u:

Check out her IQ yourself

Can she hold an intelliegent conversation ?
Is she organised?
Does she roll up her sleeves and gets the job done on time no matter what?
Is she lazy?
Is she interested in learning and self development?
What exactly are her talents?
Is she ready to make exchange this talents for revenue?

I personally believe everyone is intelligent but not everyone develops their intelligence and this can affect their genes ( pls no ask how , na long discussion) after all if you mate 2 race horses you will most likely get a race horse, so my concern will be to check that intellectual excellence runs in their family---
Yet if you love her even the above should not stop you from marrying her as you can train an average horse to become a race horse ---gba!

Good points!!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by born2boink(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
1.Are you marrying the lady or her degree
2. Are you marry for certificate ,behavior children or  peace of mind?
3. An illiterate  with good behavior and honesty better than unfaithful bad character first class degree

WISE UP AND STOP DIVORCING FOR MARRYING THE WRONG WOMEN
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mimi234: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
justwise:

[/b]

I'm with you on some points, yes i will give credit to a lady with 1st class degree, she deserved the respect but that doesn't necessarily make her a better person than a lady with 3rd class degree.

I couldn't give a monkey about her paper qualification IF she is arrogant, rude, snobbish, unfriendly, dishonest, can't think outside the box. . . the list goes on . . . . practical character qualities is what defines an individual.

hmmm I agree. You cannot directly link a qualification to how a person will perform in a relationship.

I do think this is an interesting question, nobody wants to marry a dullard (or maybe i should speak for myself lol) , but basing your answer on whether you're gunna marry her or not on her qualification is not wise.

I still wonder why people get such a result especially when their parents are dashing out 000's on their education, undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by somegirl1: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
If you had married her before she graduated will u divorce her?

If you want to be with this girl why don't you move to where she lives, surely with your 1st class degree you'll be able to land a job anywhere in no time
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by horny4u(f): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
gaffer:

What me think on this matter is that the poster does not want to have kids with dull brain,  grin

Ko le pay ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
No one wants a lifetime of what the F$%K ?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by BiafranFirstSon(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
Is that how they marry in Nigeria? With certificate? Well, in my country, in Biafra we look for good women to marry not an illiterate with certificate!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by gaffer: 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2011
Mo gba pe ko le pay! But,
Most unbrilliant men would prefer brilliant women to complete their inadequacy, I am not saying that the poster is not brilliant.
And being intelligent and being brilliant are different ball game.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by BiafranFirstSon(m): 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
All i needed was a good woman without certificates, and God gave her to me. Now she is in her final year. If she has 4th class lower, i will be very happy. Afterall she is going to work in my company.@ poster hope u have 1st class, eenh?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
mimi234:

hmmm I agree. You cannot directly link a qualification to how a person will perform in a relationship.

I do think this is an interesting question, nobody wants to marry a dullard (or maybe i should speak for myself lol) , but basing your answer on whether you're gunna marry her or not on her qualification is not wise.

I still wonder why people get such a result especially when their parents are dashing out 000's on their education,  undecided

There are so many reasons why people get low results, just a few. . . . some parents forced their kids to read a particular course because an uncle or relative read the same course and is doing well, they don't care if that child is remotely interested in such course. lack of self believe. . when anybody is constantly be told by the family at a very young age  that he or she is not good enough. . . ''you will never amount to anything'', sometimes people grow up losing confidence in themselves even when they are good. . .there are other reasons, . you have to wonder how OBJ managed to rule Nigeria even as an ''illiterate''
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by uppa(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
what a silly question, how i wish the lady in question can know that you have such a mind about her
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by daintytara: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
Na wa o poster,
I think all dis responses should tell you by now that you either confused (as in u dont know what you want, or what you have is not looking like what you want ) and you jus looking for excuses to dump her ,
here i am , am 22 bur i fink am smarter than you cos i wont ask that kinda question. no offence meant i jus feel its rather too shallow,
I started business even before i gained admission i do general sales and i know what am worth in expertise and cash, am going to write my final paper on friday and i know am either on a 2.2 or 3rd class ( i no even check) cos the degree doesn't in any way match my IQ, u can check google to know what am talking about ,  am a ceo , car owner  , car dealer at 22 and am not in a hurry to get married cos i still wanna do my masters b4 i do that and fertilize ma account as well.
i think ur gf doesnt deserve u ,its either u have low self esteem or inferiority complex and u looking for a woman to help u face d world then u can jus try me for 1week ur eyes go see pepper cos i wld show you how a real man shd think even though u mite wanna kill me for it, guys that think like u do, irritate me  
In a nutshell , 3rd class 1st class 2nd class is nt a prerequisite for a woman's ability or anybody's ability to hold up a relationship or marriage.MEANWHILE  den dey sell degree if u get money buy 1st class for her maybe that wld make u feel beta  or if she'd slept her way to first class or 2.2 then u wld hold her trade by barter pussy to ur heart and use it to decorate or u wan use her degree work ni sef? uncle nuf said , this is my first post on this section , car dealers dey wait for me for auto section, and in case any body wants to buy car o, i do clothing too add tarahcouture on fb to make ur enquiries and order placements, i sell phones and gadgets too, u can find me on the phone section  catchyu all later

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by gascoign1(m): 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
senseless post!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghanaian And Zimbabwe Women - And Their Extreme Love For Nigerian Men / Please Guys Give Me Address Of Ashawo Joint Or Hotel In Kano, I Am New!!!! / Dating An "Omo Aje Butter"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.