Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,896 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? (13986 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / See The Reason Why My Best Friend Graduated With A 3rd Class(photo) / Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Creamish(f): 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

2 1 you said? NOT FIRST CLASS. Why didnt you buy na?ok let bye gone be.

OHH. I didnt see the bolded well. i see!!!sorry, i understand. But be it as it may. not ALL Of your lecturers would want to sleep with you if thats wat you are running at. And also, it may be unconnected with the fact that you didnt have a way to solve the isuue. There are organisations set up in the Unis who covertly take such cases/allegation and deal with the errirng lecturers. Yes. I have seen colleagues demoted when dey fail the A.D.C. Take heart though cos i guess you are out now.

read my post titled' WHEN THE FEMALE STUDENT IS DESPERATE TO PASS. You may not fall into that category , but really no one would give you a chance to air you view cos i for one get harrased by female students , all in the name of cultism and marks. So u see how i mean>? I am not saying you are not for real but istating that there are 2 sides of the same coin. Regards

I will disregard dat first statement. Totally unnecessary and irrelevant.

I referred to my colleagues because i know some of them bought their 2.1 grades. 1st class is dependant on ur grades from yr 1. So if u paid ur way to gaining As, what d'u end up with? The statement i made earlier referred to payment in both cash and kind and unlike ur view, some of the affected students NEVER wanted to either sleep with the lecturer or pay their way thru. The Lecturers demand for these things. My final year project supervisor actually went ahead to pay for a Hotel room . . did i ask for it? NO . . .

Some students harrass lecturers . . .YES . . .and vice versa. Unfortunately for us, we were the ones harrassed to pay either cash or kind and for some lecturers, we paid both (by WE, im referring to some students in my school . . not necessarily ME).

There r 2 sides to a coin like u rightly pointed out . .which is the basis for my argument. Im glad we r finally on the same page. Atleast, now u know some pple end up buying their grades . .even when they'd rather read and be judged based on their knowledge.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by DaDoctor: 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
Creamish:

I will disregard dat first statement. Totally unnecessary and irrelevant.

I referred to my colleagues because i know some of them bought their 2.1 grades. 1st class is dependant on your grades from yr 1. So if u paid your way to gaining As, what d'u end up with? The statement i made earlier referred to payment in both cash and kind and unlike your view, some of the affected students NEVER wanted to either sleep with the lecturer or pay their way thru. The Lecturers demand for these things. My final year project supervisor actually went ahead to pay for a Hotel room . . did i ask for it? NO . . .

Some students harrass lecturers . . .YES . . .and vice versa. Unfortunately for us, we were the ones harrassed to pay either cash or kind and for some lecturers, we paid both (by WE, im referring to some students in my school . . not necessarily ME).

There r 2 sides to a coin like u rightly pointed out . .which is the basis for my argument. Im glad we r finally on the same page. Atleast, now u know some pple end up buying their grades . .even when they'd rather read and be judged based on their knowledge.
MY DEAR. We all had challenges while in school but we surpassed same. my first degree was in naija. SEE NO EXCUSE CAN I TAKE FROM A LADY FOR MAKING 3RD CLASS. Yess. Even if you are the QUEEN OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL. You cud still have made your way out of the poo. I had similar challenge . THE VC AND HOD TOLD ME I WONT GRADUATE COS I WAS AGAIANST THEIR SCHOOL INCREMENT POLICY AND WAS AN SUG EXCO. Dont ask me if i was a presido! But i read my way tru. and all they cud do was drop me at 3.48 . But today i hold a double masters On one i made above 4 and an ALUMNI EXCO and lecture for my alma mata aside the consulatncy. Morale is this, dont just give excuses, find a a way out of same, cos paople were worse and still prevailed.
AS A LECTURER I DONT TAKE THE 'HE WANTS ME' THING. Most of the ladies in the school here in lagos are not students but aristos. Hope they wud someday cry like you are crying. I dont mean u are like them, but mean that there is decadence.

Now to the sorting, yes, i agree people cud be pushed a little, but we scholar dont do same for FIRST CLASS. FIRST CLASS IS STRICTLY ON MERIT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. MIND YOU. I HAVE MORE THAN 10 YEARS EXPEREINCE IN LECTURING AND CLOSE TO 15 YEARS IN ACADEMIA FOR I WORKED AT SOME TIME WITH MOE.
By this we are almost on same page. Permit me to advise you to find and read the post i reccomended above.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Creamish(f): 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2011
All things being equal, making a 1st class isnt a biggy for me . . . always been a scholar from day 1. I got challenged in Uni by lecturers. Will start my MSc real soon. Delayed it for reasonz best known to me. My dad was a lecturer . . a 1st class Grad @ an Eastern Uni . . it runz in the blood. I know the challenges we faced . . If we didnt, there wulda been more 1st class & 2.1 grads in my set (based on knowledge alone). .

FYI, im not crying for anything . . I believe in myself soo damn much. KUDOS on ur years as a lecturer. its not easy. Hope we're good now? wink
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by DaDoctor: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
Creamish:

All things being equal, making a 1st class isnt a biggy for me . . . always been a scholar from day 1. I got challenged in Uni by lecturers. Will start my MSc real soon. Delayed it for reasonz best known to me. My dad was a lecturer . . a 1st class Grad @ an Eastern Uni . . it runz in the blood. I know the challenges we faced . . If we didnt, there wulda been more 1st class & 2.1 grads in my set (based on knowledge alone). .

FYI, im not crying for anything . . I believe in myself soo damn much. KUDOS on your years as a lecturer. its not easy. Hope we're good now? wink

Nice one! let me encourage you by saying that what runs in the blood can be hidden for too long if not tapped. IF I READ THE WAY I DID FOR MY RESEARCH WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL THEN I WUD HAVE MADE A FIRST CLASS. But i kept it and gained little political exposures for future ambitions/appointmnets.

Its in you, tap it up and go places. Hope you wud do the MSc in one of my institutions? i want a reply pls.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Creamish(f): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
If Abuja is one of dem, then by God's grace, YES. smiley
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by DaDoctor: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
Creamish:

If Abuja is one of dem, then by God's grace, YES. smiley

Nope! i only visit them say once in a year or so. Dont like the environment and temptations in that school. wats your discipline? Medicine? O and G?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Creamish(f): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
naaa . . Economics actually
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by DaDoctor: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2011
Creamish:

naaa . . Economics actually

OK. talk wit you later then. Wud have loved to deal you my BB PIN, But i am sure some people out here would worry me afterwards. So later. have your YIM. Reach you via there
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Creamish(f): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hardly logged on dat YIM. Normally use my BB but thanx to MTN, nuttnz working well.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by DaDoctor: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
Creamish:

Hardly logged on dat YIM. Normally use my BB but thanx to MTN, nuttnz working well.

dont worry. know how to get to u. or wud u deal ur PIN? No dont. i am already receiving threaths cos of you. LOL
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by ckc(m): 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Otunba1k, u r a BIGGER fool!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by slowrow(m): 12:36am On May 13, 2012
nice topic, not sure why the OP was bashed unfairly though undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Konnektions146(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2012
please note, not all that passed well are intelligent.
a 3rd class degree doesnt mean she is not intelligent either.
whats her behaviour like?
never knew mariage has some academic requirments
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Ahmedie25(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2012
Is 3rd Class a curse? It depend on person involve,i had a 3rd degree & now i,am a millionier,tank God
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by afinic001(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2012
No and yes.
No- cos d 3rd class is a pointer to either of these two things:- intellectual laziness or intellectual incapacitation.
Yes:- if none of the above two reasons are true and if she has done better things for herself e.g having a good and sustainable source of income and she's a wife material.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by nurain150(m): 8:40am On Mar 26, 2022
DaDoctor:

dont worry. know how to get to u. or wud u deal ur PIN? No dont. i am already receiving threaths cos of you. LOL
Lol watching your argument ten years later.
I won't marry a person without a BPharm degree.

Some degree are not classified.

You know how crazy Nigeria academia runs.

I would doubt a 22 girl too. But I can't castigate anyone for their grades. Some face family, emotional problem.

Thanks to Allah swt for exposure of sex for grades.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Advice: He Experiences Stomach Pain After Kissing His Girlfriend / Why Do Men Move On Faster Than Women After Break Up? / I Love Her But She Z Fat..... What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.