Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? (14008 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / See The Reason Why My Best Friend Graduated With A 3rd Class(photo) / Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Seamate(m): 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
This is the dumbest question that has ever been asked. I doubt if you even have a pass degree
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by MrCork17: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
Huh? Ok. What in the name of Mr Cork iz 3rd class? undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by eminemkayc: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2011
So you really believe that marrying a 3rd class degree holder will affect your kids academic performance ?
Yeah i do. if its something that resides in the Genes (that you could tell by simply engaging her in clever conversations), yes. . It could affect my kids and i wouldn't want that, i've seen living samples and i have same as friends. But like i said earlier, if she's Intelligent, but other trivial factors worked against her while in school, then well, i myt reconsider wink wink Though i've always prayed to God to give me a very brilliant pretty chick as a life companion. . So that when our genes cross-fertilize, we could produce exceptional kids. . .
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by ImaIma1(f): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
i would expect u to speak with wisdom. my mum had primary skul cert.did catering and house wivery in a catering skul.no uni or secondary skul.she even used to go for dinners and cocktails with my dad and mix with other educated wives,

and all SIX of us: the kids i mean are not dumb.there are managers,writer,accountant, banker><>>>blah blah blah. she says she dint go 2 skul but all her kids can cover up 4 her grin

so ur analytic whatever isnt accurate. God is above all.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
eminemkayc:

Yeah i do. if its something that resides in the Genes (that you could tell by simply engaging her in clever conversations), yes. . It could affect my kids and i wouldn't want that, i've seen living samples and i have same as friends. But like i said earlier, if she's Intelligent, but other trivial factors worked against her while in school, then well, i myt reconsider  wink  wink Though i've always prayed to God to give me a very brilliant pretty chick as a life companion. . So that when our genes cross-fertilize, we could produce exceptional kids. . .

What part will ur own gene play? Or are you suggesting that ur wife's gene will be the dominant one in child's mental make up?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ima Ima:

i would expect u to speak with wisdom. my mum had primary skul cert.did catering and house wivery in a catering skul.no uni or secondary skul.she even used to go for dinners and cocktails with my dad and mix with other educated wives,

and all SIX of us: the kids i mean are not dumb.there are managers,writer,accountant, banker><>>>blah blah blah. she says she dint go 2 skul but all her kids can cover up 4 her grin

so your analytic whatever isnt accurate. God is above all.

Did you even understand the question i asked Ima Ima? Go and read it again and read his reply to my question then see how you have let your down this morning.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by eminemkayc: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
What part will your own gene play? Or are you suggesting that your wife's gene will be the dominant one in child's mental make up?

brilliant q
i want a symbiotic kind of interference as regards chromosone transfer into our would-be kid(s). Personally, iv spent a chunk of my life's span working on some research issues in deep-sea engineering and only unwind with intelligent rap music and by God's grace, i know my thinking potentials is so high and deep ( i know cos its in the veins, got two uncles who r top researchers in the medical field etc) and would want my partner to have at most the same (this is a personal dream iv always wished for). So we'l both contribute to the formation of the child. Mathematically, the trait transfer to the unborn child during child formation is still unclear but has been shown to be a direct function of the build up of the traits contained in the genes of the direct parents or grand-parents. . .
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by ImaIma1(f): 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2011
@justwise sorry 4 d mixup my posts were directed at eminemkacy and not u.thanks 4 handlin dis well.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ima Ima:

@justwise sorry 4 d mixup my posts were directed at eminemkacy and not u.thanks 4 handlin dis well.

No hard feelings.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by sley4life(m): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
why wont i marry her. Do they carry 1st class to heaven?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by yurLink: 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2011
stupid question that does not deserve my answer
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2011
eminemkayc:

brilliant q
i want a symbiotic kind of interference as regards chromosone transfer into our would-be kid(s). Personally, iv spent a chunk of my life's span working on some research issues in deep-sea engineering and only unwind with [b]intelligent rap music and by God's grace, i know my thinking potentials is so high and deep ( i know cos its in the veins,[/b] got two uncles who r top researchers in the medical field etc) and would want my partner to have at most the same (this is a personal dream iv always wished for). So we'l both contribute to the formation of the child. Mathematically, the trait transfer to the unborn child during child formation is still unclear but has been shown to be a direct function of the build up of the traits contained in the genes of the direct parents or grand-parents. . .

Credit to you for what you have achieved in your field, nobody can take that away from you, however, your intelligence and potentials 'maybe' restricted to the field of deep-sea engineering research, there are other areas of life you maybe out of your dept.
I haven't seen any research that backed up the claim that people with good degrees make better partners or produce better kids, marrying somebody who is as intelligent as you are will not necessarily translate to a successful marriage life and this is the point of this argument.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by DaDoctor: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2011
READ A FEW OF THE INITIAL POST AND STOPPED. CONCLUDING THUS;

BECAUSE MOST OF YOU LADIES GO TO SCHOOL TO DO RUBBISH, MAKES THE SUBJECT HURT YOU.

WOULD HAVING A BETTER GRADE DETER YOU FROM MARRYING?

HAVENT YOU HEARD OF WORKING CLASS YET LOYAL WIFE?

DID SHE GET THE JOB WIT A PALTRY /SHAMEFULL GRADE?

ISNT HER CONTRIBUTION APPRECIATED IN THE HOME?

GO TO THE UNI AND SEE WHAT THE GALS DO , THEN U MAY BE FORCED TO SET A BENCH MARJK OF 2.1 FOR YOUR WIVE TO BE
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by eminemkayc: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
Credit to you for what you have achieved in your field, nobody can take that away from you, however, your intelligence and potentials 'maybe' restricted to the field of deep-sea engineering research, there are other areas of life you maybe out of your dept.
I haven't seen any research that backed up the claim that people with good degrees make better partners or produce better kids, marrying somebody who is as intelligent as you are will not necessarily translate to a successful marriage life and this is the point of this argument

Thats the irony of it all cos if you'd met me in person, you'l get a complete misconception of my personality. truth is, am a completely grotesque individual cos i RAP (so well, rap virtually [size=16pt]ALL[/size] EMINEMS TRACKS both released, his features and unsigned hype) cheesy cheesy, crack ribs, derive mechnics equations (advanced ones), do computer aided designs and models as well as finite element analysis, write programs, socialize properly etc. In fact the last thing that'l come to mind when one meets me its the research part of my person. so it's all about TIME-MANAGEMENT!! am like a computer, i mange this resource called TIME so well. yes no one's arguing about intelligence equaling success in marriage/relationship, but, hey in em's set theory a chick's brilliance MUST be part of the items she's got to offer before she becomes part of shady's life. Yes, i got all the awards in my own time, but i kept all of that sheet aside when i left the skul gates i knew the potentials lied within and not in the inscriptions on the document and that has made me what i am today, not forgetting God's approval!!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by nancyekpoh(f): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
WHY NOT? mind u, u should consider her character most, and not her degree. Besides none degree holders gets married too, so! what stops u.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
eminemkayc:

Thats the irony of it all cos if you'd met me in person, you'l get a complete misconception of my personality. truth is, am a completely grotesque individual cos i RAP (so well, rap virtually [size=16pt]ALL[/size] EMINEMS TRACKS both released, his features and unsigned hype) cheesy cheesy, crack ribs, derive mechnics equations (advanced ones), do computer aided designs and models as well as finite element analysis, write programs, socialize properly etc. In fact the last thing that'l come to mind when one meets me its the research part of my person. so it's all about TIME-MANAGEMENT!! am like a computer, i mange this resource called TIME so well. yes no one's arguing about intelligence equaling success in marriage/relationship, but, hey in em's set theory a chick's brilliance MUST be part of the items she's got to offer before she becomes part of shady's life. Yes, i got all the awards in my own time, but i kept all of that sheet aside when i left the skul gates i knew the potentials lied within and not in the inscriptions on the document and that has made me what i am today, not forgetting God's approval!!

I'm not disputing your claims but my question is: If you married somebody as intelligent as you are will that make a successful marriage life?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by fxtopedia(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2011
At times I smile seeing some nasty thread making front page!
However, there could be a reason and that is why I feel like
responding to this thread,

Marriage is beyond degree, material thing and even money.
That does not mean that, the couple will not be wealthy, but
considering those thing that can fade away before marriage
could spell doom to the couple.

If you marry someone with 1st class and after 5years of marriage
she started bed-wetting what would you do? Or she become blind
after wedding what would you do?

Or you marry a lady with good grade but after wedding you discovered
that her womb had been damaged due to abortion and that she cannot
put to bed in life, what would you do? I can go on and on,

One of the virtues to look for is CHARACTER!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by DaDoctor: 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2011
fxtopedia:

At times I smile seeing some nasty thread making front page!
However, there could be a reason and that is why I feel like
responding to this thread,

Marriage is beyond degree, material thing and even money.
That does not mean that, the couple will not be wealthy, but
considering those thing that can fade away before marriage
could spell doom to the couple.

If you marry someone with 1st class and after 5years of marriage
she started bed-wetting what would you do? Or she become blind
after wedding what would you do?

Or you marry a lady with good grade but after wedding you discovered
that her womb had been damaged due to abortion and that she cannot
put to bed in life, what would you do? I can go on and on,

One of the virtues to look for is CHARACTER!

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE. BUT MAINATIN THAT NOTHIBG STOPS A LADY FROM MAKING AT LEASST A GENTLE MAN GRADE 2.2 AND HAVING GOOD CHARACTERS.

IN THE FAMILY WAY, U NEVA CAN TELL WHO WUD CARRY THE FAMILY TOMMOROW. THOUGH CHARACTER IS BEST, EDUCATION IS STILL OKAY TOO. AS A LECTURER I KNOW THAT THE DULLEST OF STUDENTS MAKE AT LEAST A 2.4 GRADE WHICH IS A PALTRY 48 PERCENT IN AGGREGATE. AND SOME SCHOOLS EVEN TAKE LOWER GRADES FOR 2.2. IF U SEE WHAT THESE LADIES DO HERE. YOU WUD PUT A TAG OF 1ST CLASS ON ANY ONE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. LOL
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by gorociano: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
Dude,
No mind all the people wey dey bad mouth you. I feel your question jare. What they do not understand is that things like IQ are very hereditary; you want dullards for kids?? Or can her IQ carry the kind of responsibility you envisage a wife of yours will have to carry??

To answer question, I think you can still marry her if she has proven to be a resourseful person who is highly motivated and the main question, if she loves you.

Don't fall in love with your eyes closed. Rise in love together with eyes open.

P.s. Ladies always tell me wooing sound like a business proposal, lol
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by eminemkayc: 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2011
I'm not disputing your claims but my question is: If you married somebody as intelligent as you are will that make a successful marriage life?

Well, a successful marriage is not solely dependent on one's knowledge ratings. its not a mutually independent event rather. its necessary but not a sufficient means to a successful marriage. Marriage is beyond that. Was only trying to emphasize it as an indispensable ingredient to a successful union.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by uniqueren(f): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
This is a third class question, , I second the motion cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by 9icelag: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2011
Guy we suppose verify ur results cos dat ur question even pry 6 pupil no go ask am
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by ypad: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
u are not ready and ripe 4 marriage.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by nagoma(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
Yes, if she has big bosoms, perfect waist and curvy hips. Ability to read and write is an added advantage.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by otokx(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2011
nagoma
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Orikinla(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2011
What a dumb question! She even went to school and now you are evaluating the academic level and grade? Hundreds of Nigerian women with first and second degrees have married Nigerian men without even a high school diploma. A female medical doctor in Nigeria even married a Nigerian man who did not have secondary school certificate. My sister in-law has a Masters degree, but the husband has none and she has been a great wife with six children.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by desthan(m): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2011
** Toddlers have completely taken over this forum**

@poster, you need a pacifier!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mimi234: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2011
Da Doctor:

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE. BUT MAINATIN THAT NOTHIBG STOPS A LADY FROM MAKING AT LEASST A GENTLE MAN GRADE 2.2 AND HAVING GOOD CHARACTERS.

IN THE FAMILY WAY, U NEVA CAN TELL WHO WUD CARRY THE FAMILY TOMMOROW. THOUGH CHARACTER IS BEST, EDUCATION IS STILL OKAY TOO. AS A LECTURER I KNOW THAT THE DULLEST OF STUDENTS MAKE AT LEAST A 2.4 GRADE WHICH IS A PALTRY 48 PERCENT IN AGGREGATE. AND SOME SCHOOLS EVEN TAKE LOWER GRADES FOR 2.2. IF U SEE WHAT THESE LADIES DO HERE. YOU WUD PUT A TAG OF 1ST CLASS ON ANY ONE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. LOL

loool i agree.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by MeandSum: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2011
ckc:

Hi pals just want to ask of your sincere opinions? Wuld u marry a lady that had 3rd class in her degree?

What a waste of brain cell! I've always suspected that 90% of topics posted here are just to generate content (trolling), but now I'm convinced.
With questions such as "Why Do You Wear Sunglasses?", "His Friend's Fiancee's Behind Is Flat. What Can He Do?" and the likes.

I'm afraid you're not ready to marry if you have no answer to the question you asked.

next you'll be asking us if it is OK to slap your wife.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by emmatok(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2011
Da Doctor:

And is she useless if she got no UNI-degree at all?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by ogzille(m): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
This is turning into a hot debate, Its a nice question actually!!!

The question is: is the 3rd class a true representation of her abilities?

I think narrowing it down to only a 3rd class is not fair; I will not marry a 2.1 graduate that is dull!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2011
nonsense and japanjantis , dude will u marry a village gal dat has first class in yoruba language ?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Called It Quit After Reading My Post / Nothing Turns Me Off In A Lady More Than This...(pictures) / Please Guys Give Me Address Of Ashawo Joint Or Hotel In Kano, I Am New!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.