Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? (14004 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / See The Reason Why My Best Friend Graduated With A 3rd Class(photo) / Ladies Can U Get Married To A Guy Who Had A 3rd Class Degree. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by lukzy2020(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2011
Who knows ur photocopied result could be reading "PASS (CONSOLED)" meanwhile the Original first class is under the box. 4 ur info, if u could post this kind of matter publicly, I am afraid that lady is not ur wife, b/c it's an indication that there is no love. Take it if u like!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by dangerzone: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
i would marry a lady with S.S.C.E result
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by denitro(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
For you to ask this question in the first place means you DON'T LOVE HER
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by ochukoccna: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
What a question?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
A dumb question! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by xreal: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Yes, I can.
Most especially a 3rd Class from Unilorin grin.

Sincerely, class of Degree doesn't matter, what matters to me are the fact that she is/would be a graduate, intelligent, has a good command of english, brilliant and GOD fearing.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by daywatcher: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Why is this crap on the front page?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Akiika: 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
With the kind of comments i've read on this forum over time, those degrees are no indicative of intelligence. There are lots of variable that factors into a final degree, there's just no generic yardstick. Degree from most schools in Nigeria today ain't worth shit. I tell people to take charge of their personal development.
To your question, if you love the lady and you think she's smart (you can only determine that if you are smart yourself, no offense), then go for it.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by mikron(m): 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2011
why the h.e.l.l not? When has degree become the sole determinant for marriage?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Ozioma49(m): 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2011
@op,dnt mind them guys saying why not,its all about you and i dnt think you really love the girl in question because if u do then you wouldn't be here asking this silly question, as for me i wont because i'd always look down on her no matter what,na my own be that o!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by femmy2010(m): 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
True love sure sees beyond class of degree.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by comotdere(m): 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
Does class of degree determine the quality of a wife or mother? If no my friend go ahead with your marriage plan. It is either she goes for PGD or starts a business and you give her the necessary supports that she needs. I know of women with just school cert. and very industrious and permit me to say they are loaded than their men of master degrees. Guy make the smart move.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by teddies(f): 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
hi dear.ur question is a very intresting one.bt let me tell u my story,am a graduate from one of d universties in nigeria nd i finished wiv a 3rd class.i did my industrial training at national hosp nd my nysc nd b4 i finished my nysc i got a job wiv fed ministry of health wiv roll back malaria.i gt dis job tru a sister in my church,she just told me they nided lab sci nd if i was intrested,along d line one of d pple training us invited me to join a team goin to tanzania to help i malaria suvey,after which my hubby was transfered out of abj nd un getting to our new location i was still able to get a job.u see dear its nt by degree its by hw gud u re.i cn give u stroies of pple dat had 3rd class nd ve gotten a job wiv out sleeping ard to get it.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by emmatok(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ OP

I do you want to MARRY her or Employ her.?

Even MTN employs 3rd Class Degree holders.

Why are you tiring Academic qualifications to Marriage.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
am already marrying one.the issue is not 3rd class,the issue in character, peace of mind, understanding.the list goes on and on.maybe u dnt have focus on who u really want
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by smoothlips(m): 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
pass! Wht has 3rd class got t do wit marriage?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
I am engaged to one. Schooled in the U.K, super intelligent wrote the entrance examinations into our company with just her 3rd class degree, out of 100's, she was amongst the 2 chosen in her department and it wasnt connection. If she dosent tell you, you wouldnt even know.

Degrees are not always a true reflections of someones intellectual capacity.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by JUSTME2SY: 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Kiddies corner >sad angry angry angry
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by king100(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nigerians are always fooling themselves with degree mentality .Please start look for 1st class best of luck
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by royallord1(m): 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ poster: are you going to marry her degree or her self, you are lucky the girl has seen the four walls of a university, and from nigeria consensus any girl that graduate with a low result, during this period has not played ball with her lecturals, simply put she wrote to her best ability. not some girl coming out with a first degree and can not make a waves in pond of water, when asked during a job interview in shell. truly disgusting. marry the girl if you love her. pls
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by akmoh(m): 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ who eva started this thread: This is the most STUPID question anyone has ever asked. If you wan marry person, marry am, if u no wan marry, LEAVE AM alone. Degree ko degree ni.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by dayokanu(m): 12:19am On Oct 18, 2011
3rd class degree or 3rd hand toto?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by meetmuyiwa(m): 12:49am On Oct 18, 2011
@poster. im sorry if i sound rude, but this question is so annoying. can you MARRY or can you EMPLOY a lady with third class. If pple like u bcome thew president, we will hv to be showing our certificates b4 we buy food in the market. im sure by then pple with third class and pass will only buy at bend down butique angry
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 18, 2011
dayokanu:

3rd class degree or 3rd hand toto?
grin grin grin grin [size=14pt]Wicked NIG Enterprises! [/size]grin grin
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by moreprof: 1:16am On Oct 18, 2011
3rd class should not be a barrier, !
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by WhyAWhy(m): 1:40am On Oct 18, 2011
of all the stupid and thrash discussions on class of degrees on nairaland, this is the king of it all. I don't remember marriage being taught as a course/module or a project in the university! What has 3rd Class or any degree for that matter got to do with marriage?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by oyanwumi: 2:27am On Oct 18, 2011
dis is a silly q. so cos of her 3rd class she is not gud abi, i wonder how ppu tink atyms mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! rubbish.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 18, 2011
this is the stupidest question that has ever been asked in the history of mankind. @ poster, you too don't sound better than a third class degree holder. " third class in her degree"  When I was in the primary school, I would have written " third class degree"

for starters, what class degree do you hold? I can bet it is a PASS if at all.

in her degree  cry
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by PurestBoy(m): 2:52am On Oct 18, 2011
Silly thread from a sillier poster
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Mexzie(m): 4:31am On Oct 18, 2011
A very senseless question from an illiterate but yet educated person. For ur info POSTER! The top ten world richest never finished from a tertiary instituion, which skul did Oprah Winfrey go to or Beyonce or Kim Kardashian. After all u must have read here, by now u should understand what u should be looking for. Our society is certificate driving which is now infiltrating into relationships? Am a guy and i want a top of the class business mind cos thats where u get tthe best quality, can she hold her own in the business and corporate world. She must be a able to command respect on her own, run her own things. For me a 1st class is dependent on business owners to recruit them. set her up on a business, trust me woman are more fierce in business than most guys. She myt not be good academically (in the area of what she read though), but she sure will be excellent in making money which is the essence on why we all go to school. Most successful businesses are not even owned by degree holders not to mention ''1st class'' graduates.

I have my own business running which i will soon affiliate with the F.G, and i just recruited an OND holder, and am still in my 3rd year on a 2.2 (close to a 2.1 though) in UNILAG, but my mates really envy me cos i have what they will keep dreaming about. i have never had, still dont and dont intend to have a G.F anytime soon (personal reasons) but i know qualifications is never in my criteria for choosing. Go for her brains but i dont think u are able to see the quality she has cos u too are not intelligent.

One more thing, what u graduated with only applies to a 1st job after that its all about ur experience,
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by MrResource(m): 5:04am On Oct 18, 2011
See question,
Degree ke,
She even get 3rd class and you arent happy with it, dey there
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by Xtfield(m): 6:29am On Oct 18, 2011
There is nothing to discuss here. Marriage is not contracted on the basis of educational attainment. I believe the poster is just playing the devil's advocate - just wanted to create a topic for discussion. Now that his desirre has been met I suggest we let him be. I made a 2:1 in my final degree exams, but I honestly do not believe I'm smarter than some of my colleagues who made even ordinary pass. I also know a lady who graduated 3rd class three years ago, finished national service two years ago and today is an employer of labour where her colleagues with 2:1 are still jobless. To answer your question, yes, yes and yes. I will marry any lady irrespective of her educational attainment.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree? by proffmanue(m): 6:34am On Oct 18, 2011
provided she is an independent thinker. the grade does not define her future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Are The Signs That She Is Single? / Please Guys Give Me Address Of Ashawo Joint Or Hotel In Kano, I Am New!!!! / A Funny Conversation Between A Nairalander And His Girlfriend.(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.