Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day (38830 Views)

Driver For Sienna / Which Is Okey Between Texify And Uber As A Driver For You To Make Money? / Need A Temporary Experienced Driver For Your Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Pootle: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
datopaper:
Transport is something else but when I complained. And some people in another trade also highlighted their own. I will keep quiet. I am not UBER RIDER but it is Nigeria things. We no dey make profit in Nigeria.

yes o we no dey make profit na jus to survive we dey do.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
braine:

Spot on.

We don't even need to wait for the government. We can do it ourselves!
So, where do we start from here because this sound interesting
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Goddeywithme: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:
Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

Customers (riders) nyafu nyafu for road, Na so so pick up alert I dey receive, surge choke! I was enjoying my new job until I decided to close for the day and go home and rest after spending some hours driving.

Mhenn... I got the biggest shock of my life! I made 22k within couple of hours...

Excited? Please don't be excited, it was a bad shock!

UBER took 35% of the total money I made and the rest of the money went to fuel (Bought fuel for N617 per litre). I got home on empty tank.

My profit was.... guess?

Five Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N550) cry

UBER drivers, please share your experience.

I hope you were not one of those who voted along tribal lines during last election. If you were, it has favoured you and your family already

But if you voted with your conscience, them let's keep doing so and insisting on electoral reforms. That is the only way to get Nigeria working for the masses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2023
bbode1:
Just go and join nurtw. Dey load for diri junction to inside town or zuba. U go make ur money. Although its turn by turn. But it pays at the end of the day.
Uber taking 35 percent is to much... Not even 15 percent at least... Taking 10-15 percent from each car is enough...
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Cmanforall: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2023
pocohantas:
Uber/Bolt drivers are going through a lot now.
Majority are dumping the hustle or doing unethical practices like GOING OFFLINE.

On the N3000 trip, the rider wants AC and tells you to drive through a flooded street.

Many have dumped it for tech. grin
Uber should be side hustle even for a regular taxi driver

I doubt somethings op wrote...
Maybe he wants to promote another platform
cornerstonee:
Wow, Kidspirit, thanks for sharing your experience as an UBER driver for a day in Abuja. It's definitely eye-opening to see how the costs can add up, especially with UBER taking a significant chunk of your earnings and fuel prices being a major factor. It's essential for aspiring drivers to consider all these factors before diving into the gig economy. Your story serves as a valuable insight for others who may be thinking about becoming UBER drivers. Thanks for sharing, and I hope your future experiences turn out more profitable!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by braine(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Oyindamolah:
So, where do we start from here because this sound interesting

By simply organizing tech guys and do a something similar. And pushing it out to drivers and users at a lower commission rate. It has its technicalities. But if we're able to sit and plan, its totally achievable.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by easzypeaszy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
bbode1:
Just go and join nurtw. Dey load for diri junction to inside town or zuba. U go make ur money. Although its turn by turn. But it pays at the end of the day.
see why Lagos better
I run Berger to Lekki 1k each.. 1.3.3 dat is 7k
10trips bw 8am to 7pm (out of Lekki) average of 75k
Fuel 30k dey do me remain sef..after all settle few boys fr road I dey get like 35k to 40k daily.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Lboy30(m): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
@op.... You forgot to mention the Data you used. Uber, Bolt or whatever you may want to call it is just God this period. People are actually running away from it now.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by wunmi590(m): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
Paraman:
The drivers should be charging people who want AC very high?

Lol, if nah you, will you agree...

You be man, but woman no go ever gree to that
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by BigDawsNet: 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:
Omoh, as country hard, na so I carry my car enter road for UBER in Abuja after completing UBER car inspection.

Customers (riders) nyafu nyafu for road, Na so so pick up alert I dey receive, surge choke! I was enjoying my new job until I decided to close for the day and go home and rest after spending some hours driving.

Mhenn... I got the biggest shock of my life! I made 22k within couple of hours...

UBER took 35% of the total money I made and the rest of the money went to fuel (Bought fuel for N617 per litre). I got home on empty tank.

My profit was.... guess?

Wait 550 abi 15,500? 🫣
Are you going to resume to it tommor?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by GeneralZodd(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
Oyindamolah:
hmmmmm, just last week a friend told me he made 56k and he bought fuel of 29k, do the maths and he showed me everything on his phone 📱,

56k in sales

29k in fuel

25% commission on 56k = 14k commission To be paid by driver to Bolt or Uber, money will remain 42k

Minus fuel money from 42k: 42k - 29k = 13k profit after all expenses.

Your friend made 13k only after all expenses and driving a whole day

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by juman(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
I wonder why it so bad as he narrated.
I use uber often here in the west and the drivers are happy with the job.

I don't believe what he said.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by BigDawsNet: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
12inchess:
I have done Uber in America. Its's not really a profitable hustle if you consider the cost of fuel and the maintenance cost. But if you just need sharp sharp money from time to time then it could make sense. The payout is very small but there is a very flexible schedule.

Uber food in America is better
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Cmanforall: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
easzypeaszy:
see why Lagos better
Fuel 30k dey do me remain sef..after all settle few boys fr road I dey get like 35k to 40k daily.
Op either wants to discourage people from Uber or wants to promote another platform

550 after that amount is questionable

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by 7brigade: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
jude33084:
Please convert to CNG
Same deciet they preach to you do u know combustion rate of consumption converted to mpg miles per gallon of a car
Oga convert ur 🌽 corn brain to cng

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Goalnaldo(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
From my calculations here you bought 22 liters of fuel. Do cars consume that much daily?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2023
braine:
Vehicle type, the app and specific characters influence profit.

You cannot use a car with V6 engine that will finish your fuel on time.

Bolt charges 20%, indriver 10%, why would one use uber that charges 35%? Thats sick.
20 percent is quite high.. 10-15 percent is ok..
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by BigTableShaker(f): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2023
Christery:
please guys please don't just scroll pass. please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. May GOD bless you

Acct num: FaithS.H
FirstBank

Ogun kee you.
basterrd scammer

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2023
wonder233:
There is no profit in that business. I did it for 2years (2020 & 2021) in Lagos. Everything goes back into fuel, vehicle servicing, commission, penalties, etc...
I gave this analysis repeatedly on this platform, but ignorant bandwagoners who have never driven for one day will come and be rehashing fictitious cliches of how people made millions from the work.
Ehailing just gives you a false psychological feeling that you're not idle, but in reality, you're worse than idle.
I guess u had to work offline as a driver right.. meanwhile how is the driving business like generally incase one is thinking of going into it...

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by reddingtonblack: 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2023
pocohantas:
Uber/Bolt drivers are going through a lot now.
Majority are dumping the hustle or doing unethical practices like GOING OFFLINE.

On the N3000 trip, the rider wants AC and tells you to drive through a flooded street
Many have dumped it for tech. grin

My dear you get the drift, esp. people leaving in these areas there inter roads are worst, buh they don't care the damage to the vechicle undecided

All they care about is there neibors must see they carry uber reach house, in btwn so we are neighbors lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by MyExpression(m): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
fnep2smooth:
Enter another car app

Na Uber Abuja boys day use hold body. Transportation and accommodation is the main problem, the rest na beans

I'm a full stack web and app developer base in Abuja, hire me for your new or existing project.

Thanks

Let's talk na...if we go well, we can launch before year's end.
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Blitzking: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2023
E5 percent...that one na daylight robbery
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Montaque(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2023
COMPAQ:

Funny enough,this is where FG could help people. How about if the Ministry of Technology commissioned some tech guys to develop a Nigerian version of Uber that is owned by the government for which drivers pay 5%. The technology is already available. This is how the FG could help Nigerian youth. Besides it helps keep the money in country. Why would Uber take 35%of our local money for what?

I have been waiting for this comment. Our government lacks initiative. The only thing they know is to ban things, not to create a replacement. Since Lagos State Government banned Gokada despite employing lots of youths in the State, I am always afraid.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Ifyz0001: 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
Lie lie...stop deceiving yourself broda

easzypeaszy:
see why Lagos better

5 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Goddeywithme:

I hope you were not one of those who voted along tribal lines during last election. If you were, it has favoured you and your family already

But if you voted with your conscience, them let's keep doing so and insisting on electoral reforms. That is the only way to get Nigeria working for the masses
Ina own no pass to turn everything to politics it was clear it was either PDP Atiku or tinubu APC that will win and be president... Is PDP saint or would Atiku have done magic.. don't even mention Obi LP cos Even in 2031 LP stands no chance of winning president elections in Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by HUMANIIST(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
easzypeaszy:
see why Lagos better
what type of car do you use, is it korope?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Judolisco(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:

My profit was.... guess?

u went home at d wrong time... To make profit u have to work in d Night

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Judolisco(m): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
bbode1:
how can I join? Uber and bolt Don tire me

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
GeneralZodd:

56k in sales

29k in fuel

25% commission on 56k = 14k commission To be paid by driver to Bolt or Uber, money will remain 42k

Minus fuel money from 42k: 42k - 29k = 13k profit after all expenses.

Your friend made 13k only after all expenses and driving a whole day

Is that not profitable? Let assume it 10k, multiple that by 5 that's 50k a week and 200k a month.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Oyindamolah: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
braine:

By simply organizing tech guys and do a something similar. And pushing it out to drivers and users at a lower commission rate. It has its technicalities. But if we're able to sit and plan, its totally achievable.
What are we waiting for?
Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by Whatisurproblem(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kidspirit:

My profit was.... guess?

when you start the story, I think say you wan lie, 😂😆😂. Na so e be, Uber and bolt are the most greedy people set of people I ever seen. Imagine they are just taking 15%, you will still getting something, just imagine your car broke down. You for regret

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As UBER Driver For One Day by kushercain: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
COMPAQ:

Funny enough,this is where FG could help people. How about if the Ministry of Technology commissioned some tech guys to develop a Nigerian version of Uber that is owned by the government for which drivers pay 5%. The technology is already available. This is how the FG could help Nigerian youth. Besides it helps keep the money in country. Why would Uber take 35%of our local money for what?

This is a very good idea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / 1962 Cardilac Fleetwood Limousine Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Kia Telluride – Is This The Most Beautiful Kia You’ve Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.