Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband (29008 Views)

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by sotall(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2023
justli:

if it wasnt for the bible youd still be a slave. the idea that all men are equal , which inspired the freedom movement was straight out of the bible. and lastly , those who fought for abolishment of slavery in UK were strong christians, famous among them was William Wilberforce, a Reverend.

Trash coming from your brainwashed brain.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Daystar7: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

There was only one groom and many brides!
How else is polygamy defined!

Anyways I agree its symbolic not literal. It's still polygamy and no holy spirit is needed!

You're moniker is Antichristian yet you're telling me that you know more than what's written in my bible...
God save me from humans cos what's this?
Where did your many brides come from? Why are you shameless. A bride and a groom and they had nothing to do with the 10 virgins.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Blackestjunior(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2023
equity1:
What makes you think that marrying many wives will make a man not to commit adultery.
Just marry them before you sleep with them grin cheesy
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

God's template and model remains one man,one wife.

It ain't as though he condemns whoever marries more than one wife..
Whoever feels he can take adequate and good care of more than one wife is free to do so but such cannot serve as God's minister in any capacity as stated by the verse you quoted.

There is still non evidence for this. In fact, the only evidence there is suggest that there is no "God's model" for marriage.

If you are going to refer to the passage in the new testament where Jesus said "... in the beginning he made them male and female..." to mean that he only wants a man to have not have more than one wife, then I will refer you back to the context of that discussion and show you that he was actually talking about divorce. And if you still want to insist that he meant one man one woman, then I will tell you that you are implying that Jesus is ignorant that at the beginning it was not only adam and eve that were 'made'.

Genesis chapter 4 "13And Cain said to the LORD, “This punishment is too hard for me to bear. 14You are driving me off the land and away from your presence. I will be a homeless wanderer on the earth, and anyone who finds me will kill me.”

15But the LORD answered, “No. If anyone kills you, seven lives will be taken in revenge.” So the LORD put a mark on Cain to warn anyone who met him not to kill him. 16And Cain went away from the LORD's presence and lived in a land called “Wandering,” which is east of Eden.

Going by your idea that jesus meant god made Adam and Eve at the beginning, then there should only be three people in the entire world now since Cain killed Abel. But no, when judgement was pronounced on him, he said if anyone finds him, they will kill him. So, who were the other people he was talking about when he said that?

And your god did not even dismiss his idea that there are other people out there. Instead he confirmed it by saying if anyone kills Cain, seven lives will be taking in revenge. So, your god knows it was not Adam and Eve he 'made' therefore, Jesus' response to his apostles there cannot and should not be taken the way you all take it. Can't you see that every argument you all bring up is being debunked left, right and centre? this certainly shows you are in the wrong here. Admit it and let this discussion end already!

in vs 17 of the same chapter, it says "Cain and his wife [/b]had a son and named him Enoch. [b]Then Cain built a city and named it after his son

First of all, the bible says Cain had a wife. So, I am going to ask, where did he see the wife to marry, I thought until now, they were only three in the world now since he had killed his brother.

Someone says Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. And yes, there is evidence for it in the bible. Genesis chapter 5 vs 4 says he had other sons and daughters. But that's after cain and abel issue, not before or during the time when Abel was alive. Any one who disputes this has the responsibility to show us beyond any reasonable or theological doubt that what he says is true.

The "he made them male and female" jesus said is only indicating that God made 2 genders, male and female.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
equity1:
What makes you think that marrying many wives will make a man not to commit adultery.

polygamy is not intended to stop adultery any more than monogamy is meant to stop sexual immorality.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Tochj(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
PythonTutorials:
But why did God not condemn David for marrying so many wives 🤔
Jesus said"it is not so from the beginning"
Moses gave isreal laws because of the hardness of their heart.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
sotall:
cool

A book that promotes slavery of humans caanot be used as a standard for how humans should live.

Too late already. Your present world system is based on the values from the book.

The Judeo-Christian value system is entirely biblical, and that's the system your existence depends on.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
Point 1
Jesus used a parable that includes polygamy

"Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. ...While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; ...And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage:" Matthew 25:1-2,5-6c,10a-c (See verses 1-13).

It should be noted, however, that this is not a literal, physical marriage to literal, physical women. While it was only a parable, even so, Jesus would never have described Himself this way in a parable if polygamy was a sin.

If polygamy was sinful I think Jesus would never have used it in his parable. Note one man vs many women as wives.

They were called maidens not brides. Learn the difference.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Bluezy13(m): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
Padipadi:

Yes cos the nonsense made sense in your nonsense life.

Alright, enough of the nonsense.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
Point 3

The context is divorce not marriage

In Matthew 19:3-9, Jesus was not speaking about polygamy. Rather, He is only answering a question about divorce. Indeed, the entire passage is about divorce, not polygamy.

"Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”
“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”
Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:3-9.

Indeed, in Matthew 19:8-9, Jesus simply repeats the Deuteronomy 24:1 "as it had been in the beginning", that God has always been against divorce of what He joined together. In Matthew 19:3, the Pharisees were asking about "every" reason for divorcing, but Jesus returned back with the only one allowed reason (the woman's "fornication / uncleanness"wink, as per Deuteronomy 24:1.

Polygamy is about marriage, whereas divorce is about breaking up marriage. Accordingly, Jesus was not speaking against pro-marriage polygamy in Matthew 19. He was instead addressing marriage-destruction of divorce. It was about divorce, not polygamy.

A man shall be united with his wife and they shall become ONE
What does that 2 become 1 mean to u.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2023
LordCenturion:
Dont have more than 1 wife But u can have multiple sidechicks and concubine like solmani.
we know that The scripture is a man made and re-edits by europeans,especially roma catholic

The dead sea Scrolls calls u a liar.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by HeroicMeastro: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2023
Mercisharelove:
The scripture comfirm one male and one female relationship!

Not one male, more females as wives, no, not so from the beginning. How do you know?

Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

The man is the specie, the male and female! The spirit being, the creature of ELOHIM, THE CREATOR!

A man isn't a boy, no, it's the combination of male and female.

2:24 Therefore shall *(a) not two or more)* man leave his, not their) father and his mother, not their mothers), and shall cleave unto his *(wife) not wives* : and they shall be *one flesh, not many flesh, but one.* Pure spiritual! Follow the truth!

His rib, his wife and they shall be one flesh. Now if you want to relate physically, I am talking about marriage, romantic relationship, living together.

So, stop hurting yourself, be free, pray you meet the man you can meet their needs.

You know the female is like God, like THE HOLY SPIRIT, she has and is built to display all the attributes of GOD ALMIGHTIEST, the help meet for him, the man is greatly help, the same way Isaac was comforted, when Rebekah arrived, that's what THE CREATOR , GOD ALMIGHTIEST SAID before unveiling the most beautiful of HIS creations, while Adam was deep asleep, yet Adam was aware, through revelation that she was taken from the bones of his bones and flesh of his flesh, he said "she shall be called a woman", because she was taken from a man that THE LORD HAD CREATED AND MADE!

Ladies fly...Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
Trash grin

1 Like

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2023
Daystar7:

You're moniker is Antichristian yet you're telling me that you know more than what's written in my bible...
God save me from humans cos what's this?
Where did your many brides come from? Why are you shameless. A bride and a groom and they had nothing to do with the 10 virgins.

even if he is "antichrist" literally, it doesn't mean he cannot know better than you.

Your bible says "whom shall I teach knowledge, whom shall I make to understand doctrine? by means of other tongues, I will teach these people." Isaiah chapter 28 vs 11. when Balaam the prophet erred in doctrine and stumbled in judgement, he had to be taught by his donkey. many examples of the gentiles teaching the chosen people abound in the bible.

1 Like

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by sotall(m): 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Too late already. Your present world system is based on the values from the book.

The Judeo-Christian value system is entirely biblical, and that's the system your existence depends on.

Failed Delusions from the fraud book called the bible that is fast fading away.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
Point 5

One flesh!

"ONE FLESH"
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Genesis 2:24, referenced in Matthew 19:5,6, Mark 10:8, 1 Corinthians 6:16, Ephesians 5:31

A man is "one flesh" with EACH woman with whom he copulates, whether in marriage (wife) or in fornication (harlot). When a married man, who is therefore already "one flesh" with his wife, copulates with another woman, that does not then negate his being "one flesh" with the wife. This is evident by the fact that 1 Corinthians 6:16 reveals that a man can be "one flesh" even with an harlot. As even a married man, therefore, can become "one flesh" with an harlot, that proves that a married man can indeed be "one flesh" with more than one woman, without negating his being "one flesh" with his wife. As that is so even with a married man with an harlot, it is thus just as equally true regarding a man being "one flesh" with more than one wife. For further proof, the very next verse provides the context of the plural-to-one aspect, i.e., 1 Corinthians 6:17: "But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit." As EACH Christian is joined as "one spirit" with the Lord, that then demonstrates the context of the plural-to-one aspect. Namely, as EACH Christian is joined as "one spirit" with the Lord, so too may EACH woman be joined as "one flesh" with one man. Lastly, when the Lord Jesus, in Matthew 19:5,6 and Mark 10:8, was re-quoting that original "one flesh" verse of Genesis 2:24, He was only dealing with the issue of divorce, saying, "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Matthew 19:6c-d.) That was opposing divorce of God-joined marriages, of what God Himself had joined together as "one flesh".

For context, it is exegetically important to note that the "one flesh" verse itself of Genesis 2:24, which the Lord Jesus was re-quoting, was written by Moses. And Moses married (was "one flesh" with) two wives: Zipporah (Exodus 2:16-21 and 18:1-6) and the Ethiopian woman (Numbers 12:1). The term, "one flesh", could not otherwise allegedly mean that a man could not be "one flesh" with more than one woman because three things did indeed happen. 1) Moses did marry two wives. 2) Moses did author such other verses as Exodus 21:10 and Deuteronomy 21:15. 3) Jesus Christ did not speak against Moses' being "one flesh" with two wives. Hence, the Scriptures reveal that Jesus and Moses knew what "one flesh" meant when Moses authored Genesis 2:24: a man may be "one flesh" with more than one woman.

From Biblical Polygamy
http://www.biblicalpolygamy.com/exegesis/one-flesh/

Ok let's test this theory.
A married man and his wife is one flesh
A married man and a harlot is also one flesh.
Then is the wife one flesh with the harlot?
Are the three now one flesh?

antiChristian has never made sense anytime he dabbles into bible exegesis.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Daystar7: 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
MiddleDimension:

even if he is "antichrist" literally, it doesn't mean he cannot know better than you.

Your bible says "whom shall I teach knowledge, whom shall I make to understand doctrine? by means of other tongues, I will teach these people." Isaiah chapter 28 vs 11. when Balaam the prophet erred in doctrine and stumbled in judgement, he had to be taught by his donkey. many examples of the gentiles teaching the chosen people abound in the bible.

Nigeria is a country with people of low IQ+...
He clearly doesn't know a thing about what he's talking about and your quote is talking about a Holy spirit inspired act. Where's the connect. Abeg no quote me again

1 Like

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

A man shall be united with his wife and they shall become ONE
What does that 2 become 1 mean to u.

It does not negate the fact that a man can have more than one man. In christian marriage, the man's marriage to all his wives is on individual bases. Just as your god is married to you, if you are a born again, and is also married to Pope Francis, Oyakhilome, Adeboye, Oyedepo, et al at the same time. In christian marriage, the man is the figure of God, while the woman is the figure of the church, the individual christian etc.

How do I know this?

LET ME SHOW YOU!

"I am jealous for you, just as God is; you are like a pure virgin whom I have promised in marriage to one man only, Christ himself. 2 Cor 11 vs 2. This is prove that when one gives his life to christ, he is married to christ. Christ is the groom and you the bride. For that reason, when he is your groom, he can simultaneously be the groom of another christian simultaneously. When you married him, you became one with him whole and entire even though before you became born again, he already had other brides in the Pope, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo and Adeboye since they accepted Jesus before you by the virtue of being older than you.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
Daystar7:

Nigeria is a country with people of low IQ+...
He clearly doesn't know a thing about what he's talking about and your quote is talking about a Holy spirit inspired act. Where's the connect. Abeg no quote me again

If he could use a donkey to teach his 'elect', is it an "antichrist" he won't use? He died for the "antichrist". not for the donkey. That's why he said a sinner is worth more than billions of donkeys. Luke 12 vs 1-7
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
cedricksly:

Rubbish, being supported with an half baked bible verses...... Polygamy was never identified as a sign in the bible, let he who can treat all wives equal go ahead.. It is Y'all modern western ideology that criminalised polygamy, yet you want to find a way to support it with the bible... It is funny the same west that frowns as polygamy are same people consenting and legalising same sex marriage... For perspective God delivered David's master to him and gave him all his wife as well. 2 Samuel 12:7-14. Let's leave it there for now, if u want proper debate come to inbox. All you have to do is discredit bible verses I will give u and I will discredit what you out forth. Just like Paul decided not to marry as a thing of choice and not as a standard, so also is monogamy a thing of choice and not a standard..

Polygamy was never God's original plan my friend.

It was permitted by God in man's fallen state and when his insatiable greed overwhelmed him. But God never intended polygamy for man.

If u want to know God's plan for man, either check the garden of Eden or the divine law brought by Jesus.
Show me which one of them sanctions polygamy.

Only God knows what they teach in church nowadays. So many ignorant Christians walking around blindly.

That Europeans sanction homosexualism doesn't change the fact it's a sin. I don't follow whites, I follow Jesus Christ.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Padipadi(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
Bluezy13:

Alright, enough of the nonsense.
Sharap. When I talk, you learn n keep quiet!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
MiddleDimension:

It does not negate the fact that a man can have more than one man. In christian marriage, the man's marriage to all his wives is on individual bases. Just as your god is married to you, if you are a born again, and is also married to Pope Francis, Oyakhilome, Adeboye, Oyedepo, et al at the same time. In christian marriage, the man is the figure of God, while the woman is the figure of the church, the individual christian etc.

How do I know this?

"I am jealous for you, just as God is; you are like a pure virgin whom I have promised in marriage to one man only, Christ himself. 2 Cor 11 vs 2. This is prove that when one gives his life to christ, he is married to christ. Christ is the groom and you the bride. For that reason, when he is your groom, he can simultaneously be the groom of another christian simultaneously. When you married him, you became one with him whole and entire even though before you became born again, he already had other brides in the Pope, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo and Adeboye since they accepted Jesus before you by the virtue of being older than you.

The oneness in spirit is very clear.
The CHURCH not churches is ONE with Christ.
There's only one church. Christ established only one church not churches.
When u give your life to Christ, u become a member of that ONE CHURCH joined to Christ.
So it's two becoming one.
Is it clear now?

Now explain how 2 become 1 as stated in the Jesus Christ can accommodate a 3rd party.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Ok let's test this theory.
A married man and his wife is one flesh
A married man and a harlot is also one flesh.
Then is the wife one flesh with the harlot?
Are the three now o e flesh?

antiChristian has never made sense anytime he dabbles into bible exegesis.

No, it does not work that way!

Paul said "I am jealous for you, just as God is; you are like a pure virgin whom I have promised in marriage to one man only, Christ himself..2 Cor 11 vs 2. this goes to prove that you, the individual christian is married to jesus when he accepted him as his lord and savior and that from then on, he has a personal relationship with him despite the fact jesus may already be married, so to speak, to other people who have accepted him as their lord and saviour. Yet, when we speak of you being joined together with jesus, we speak of it in personal terms. So also, when we speak of the man being joined to any of his wives, it is a one on one thing. This is the mystery of Christian marriage, that the man is the figure of god and just as god can have several people being his wives by the virtue of accepting jesus as their lord and saviour, so also can the man have more than one wife. I am not the one who made all these up. your bible did; and if any born agaon does not know this, then he is still a baby in divine knowledge!

1 Like

Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by ejimatic: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
PythonTutorials:
But why did God not condemn David for marrying so many wives 🤔
God allowed them at that time. By the time Jesus came one man one wife was mainted. Math i9 4-6 and it is non negotiable!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

The oneness in spirit is very clear.
The CHURCH not churches is ONE with Christ.
There's only one church. Christ established only one church not churches.
When u give your life to Christ, u become a member of that ONE CHURCH joined to Christ.
So it's two becoming one.
Is it clear now?

Now explain how 2 become 1 as stated in the Jesus Christ can accommodate a 3rd party.

I can see you are still a baby in the lord with this understanding of yours.

But no, in that passage, Paul was not refering to the church as an institution. He was refering to the individual christian. How do I know this is the case?

Let me show you!

when you read further into vs 3, it says: "I am afraid that your minds will be corrupted and that you will abandon your full and pure devotion to Christ—in the same way that Eve was deceived by the snake's clever lies.

noticed he used the word "minds", that is plural. If he were refering to the church as an instoitution, he would not have used the word "minds", he would have used the singular "mind". but no, because he was refering to the individual christian is the reason he used the plural "minds".

The christian who does not understand that the reason the church is refered to as the bride of christ is first of all because the individuals who make up the institution called church as the brides of jesus, is nothing but a baby christian whose understanding of the deep things of god is very shallow, I do not care which title the person bears. 2 Cor 11 vs 3
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2023
ejimatic:
God allowed them at that time. By the time Jesus came one man one wife was mainted. Math i9 4-6 and it is non negotiable!

Big fat lie! You do not understand that passage
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by MiddleDimension: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Polygamy was never God's original plan my friend.

It was permitted by God in man's fallen state and when his insatiable greed overwhelmed him. But God never intended polygamy for man.

If u want to know God's plan for man, either check the garden of Eden or the divine law brought by Jesus.
Show me which one of them sanctions polygamy.

Only God knows what they teach in church nowadays. So many ignorant Christians walking around blindly.

That Europeans sanction homosexualism doesn't change the fact it's a sin. I don't follow whites, I follow Jesus Christ.

Don't bring the wrath of God on yourself with the bolded.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2023
MiddleDimension:

No, it does not work that way!

Paul said "I am jealous for you, just as God is; you are like a pure virgin whom I have promised in marriage to one man only, Christ himself..2 Cor 11 vs 2. this goes to prove that you, the individual christian is married to jesus when he accepted him as his lord and savior and that from then on, he has a personal relationship with him despite the fact jesus may already be married, so to speak, to other people who have accepted him as their lord and saviour. Yet, when we speak of you being joined together with jesus, we speak of it in personal terms. So also, when we speak of the man being joined to any of his wives, it is a one on one thing. This is the mystery of Christian marriage, that the man is the figure of god and just as god can have several people being his wives by the virtue of accepting jesus as their lord and saviour, so also can the man have more than one wife. I am not the one who made all these up. your bible did; and if any born agaon does not know this, then he is still a baby in divine knowledge!

This your exegesis is your personal opinion and at best an heresy.
So Jesus will be married to many Christians as possible individually.
When will these marriage take place, who will coordinate the union.
How will new Christians arrange their own individual wedding with Christ. In what way is this union conducted in physically.

My friend Christ is married to the church as the bridegroom and head of the church. It's an eternal union established once and for all. There are no repeated weddings for any other person. because there's only ONE CHURCH
A wedding is conducted with a body only once not multiple times.
When u give your life to Christ, u become a member of the church; and this establish your eternal union and oneness with Christ.

For just as in one body we have many members, but all the members do not have the same function, in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ, and individually members belong to all the others
Romans 12:4–5
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by SIRTee15: 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2023
MiddleDimension:

Don't bring the wrath of God on yourself with the bolded.

Maybe u should be the one to avoid opening doors to legion of demons into your life by your blatant and ignorant heresy.

Fake Christian. If u are a pastor, I will advise u to humbly remove your cleric garment and look for a day job to feed yourself.

because u are obviously misleading your church members and God has promised to punish harshly people like u who mislead his sheep.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Harrynight(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
Bluezy13:
Last time I checked, your Bible has it that David had more than 1 wife, Elkanah had 2 wives, Solomon had 700 wives.

Is your Bible confused or you are

The fact that 2 or more people do the same thing doesn't make it right.

God who instituted marriage said 1man 1wife
For some reason unsatisfied men pack more join body.

It's a sin going against the direction God gave,
although God might have a reason for allowing them do their wishes,
But for a fact, majority of them taking more than one wife always end up badly as a result of the the wives misleading them.
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Ok. God is against taking another man's wife. How do we reconcile that with Muhammad who took his adopted son's wife?

Was she still married to him?

And we're they related biological?

Bring relevant verse or meshionu!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by AntiChristian: 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kukutente23:

Ok. If God was against divorce and your Muhammad was busy divorcing women and replacing them with another while encouraging his followers to do same (He even got his adopted son to divorce his wife who was Muhammad's cousin so Muhammad could marry her), does it mean Muhammad was doing what is against God's will and is thus a servant of sin and Satan?

Na your God!

Islam no be Christianity!

Meshionu gi bro!
Re: See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband by Bluezy13(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2023
Padipadi:

Sharap. When I talk, you learn n keep quiet!

Play is over.
Now run along with your mates!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Ezekiel Odero: Kenyan Pastor Arrested Over Mass Killing Of His Church Members / Green Pass Required For Access Into Vatican From 1 October( Pix) / Lady Kneels Down To Greet Apostle Suleman As He Steps Out In Style In USA(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.