Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,037 members, 7,828,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? (56376 Views)

SEE HOW I COLLECTED MY OWN ONE BAG OF RICE!! PICS. / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / Slay Queen Poses On Her Mother’s Coffin In Her Grave During Burial In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by MrCaesar: 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2023
From my observation, you will be a troublesome in-law. Change your mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by chiteny(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:
I traveled from Lagos to Port Harcourt to see my future in laws family. My girl wasn't around as she's still in Lagos schooling.

I went there with a family member and got them some items like shortcake biscuits and juice.

They offered us food and we ate. After the meeting and normal questioning, we were set to go when surprisingly, this people brought out two loaves of bread and gave us. I told them that the food we ate was enough, that we don't need the bread.

We haven't even gone far when my girl started texting me on WhatsApp angrily asking me why I rejected her mother's gift. That she gave it out of love, this and that.

I told her that bread is the wrongest gift the mother could give me. I am supposed to buy them bread and not the one way round. I intentionally refused to buy bread for them because I assumed bread is an everyday food that people buy and eat, so I decided to go with the package biscuits instead and here they are offering me bread.

If it were something produced locally by them like coconut or something, I can understand but bread?

Please, did I do anything wrong rejecting the bread?

You are simply stupid. You are not ready for marriage as you greatly lack emotional intelligence and very proud and opinionated. I pity the girl if you marry her.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by UPKEEP69(m): 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
They offered us food and we ate. After the meeting and normal questioning, we were set to go when surprisingly, this people brought out two loaves of bread and gave us. I told them that the food we ate was enough, that we don't need the bread.

You sound u expect more from your in-laws because u wan to marry their daughter.

I can't imagine u going to your in-laws to be for the first day with biscuits and juice..
Now expect to go back with plantain, yam, coconut,rel oil, garri.... tongue

Your in-laws Shap sha
Pls learn something from it

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by aquame: 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
You are a big FOOL
PuZZyNegro:
I traveled from Lagos to Port Harcourt to see my future in laws family. My girl wasn't around as she's still in Lagos schooling.

I went there with a family member and got them some items like shortcake biscuits and juice.

We haven't even gone far when my girl started texting me on WhatsApp angrily asking me why I rejected her mother's gift. That she gave it out of love, this and that.

I told her that bread is the wrongest gift the mother could give me. I am supposed to buy them bread and not the one way round. I intentionally refused to buy bread for them because I assumed bread is an everyday food that people buy and eat, so I decided to go with the package biscuits instead and here they are offering me bread.

If it were something produced locally by them like coconut or something, I can understand but bread?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Tarela007(m): 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2023
Rejecting the bread gift was not noble. No matter what your reasons are! That was a test you failed. You’ve left a wrong impression about yourself. They can easily tag you to be puffed up with pride, hence, you rejected their gift. I hope they see reasons with you!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Juliearth(f): 12:30am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

It's not about it being local or little. The Bread was gotten from Market Square super market. I just find it awkward giving bread to your son-in-law to be on the first meeting.

Gifts are symbolic you know.

The poster you quoted is right. A little emotional intelligence would have sufficed. Gifts are symbolic and so is your action. Pray tell, since gifts are symbolic, what importance should the parents attach the to the biscuits you got? As a rule of thumb, you don't visit your future in-laws to declare your intention empty-handed. You also don't reject any gift given to you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Juliearth(f): 12:33am On Nov 21, 2023
Itiskdg121:
That's a big mistake, Sir.
I experienced the same with my father inlaw (my mother inlaw is late), while my wife was in school. The old man cooked for me, to make it worse, he forgot to add salt, but I ate the food like that. Normally I don't eat outside you know. It's called respect.

Please, find a way to apologise to your inlaw. We can't run away from the truth.

Trust me, he didn't forget to add salt. He did that on purpose to see if you would reject the food or eat it with disdain. I can tell you for free that you eating that food whole heartedly was what sealed that marriage. You proved to your in-law that come thick and thin, you would stand by his daughter.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Juliearth(f): 12:36am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

You guys are just foaming in the mouth. These people already served us food and we ate.

I don't really think we need bread again to take home.

You are not ready to marry. Please allow that lady find a more befitting and mature suitor. Good luck with the next

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by godofuck231: 2:55am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

you never ready for marriage, no go give that girl problem for like , stay to your runs babe and olulosho, marriage isn't for kids , you go marry nigerian woman , you no know say you fo buy yam , bread , palm oil and plantain , or the best bread you can find , short bread ? Biscuits? Them be children ? You never ready , na man like you de ask woman to use tissue paper do menstrual pad

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by olibeans: 4:02am On Nov 21, 2023
Yes, you did everything wrong in the book by rejecting the gifts of your in-laws and most importantly their very first gift.

To you is nothing but to them is everything. Are you even matured enough to handle in-laws and family.?

Well start praying you don't lose your in-laws as they will now see you as a very proud person who looks down on people. You don't ever reject gifts from your in-laws. Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by olibeans: 4:06am On Nov 21, 2023
Juliearth:

You are not ready to marry. Please allow that lady find a more befitting and mature suitor. Good luck with the next

He's not ready for marriage. Still a kid mentally to think for his in-laws. Better start fasting and prayer 🙏 not to lose that girl cos you committed a very grave offense not collecting that bread.

Even if you're not going to eat it, you would've given it out on the road without offending their honour.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by onyioyeezah(f): 5:17am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

It's not about it being local or little. The Bread was gotten from Market Square super market. I just find it awkward giving bread to your son-in-law to be on the first meeting.

what symbol does bread represent? Pray tell

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by onyioyeezah(f): 5:26am On Nov 21, 2023
You're talking about bread as an awkward gift when it's your gifts that were awkward. Biscuits and juice on your first visit to your in-laws? Come on, man!

Look for a way to apologize for rejecting their gift.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Mayflowa(m): 5:46am On Nov 21, 2023
Ginaz:

which broader opinion do you need again? you're looking for someone to support the nonsense you did? you are wrong period! go and apologise immediately. imagine if somone treated your parents like that would you be happy?

I really don't like what you did. you're annoyingly stupid.

hahaha. U see opportunity curse an almost somebody's husband

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Joshcoli(m): 5:51am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

You just lacked maturity. what if they rejected yours how would you have felt. Would you have come here typing this nonsense. Probably you would have come here disturbing us with my suppose inlaws rejected my gift

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by kbright911(m): 6:19am On Nov 21, 2023
What were you even thinking getting biscuits for your fiancee's parents, are they kids?? Of all things to get for them and you choose biscuits? They probably have you an awkward gift cos you also bought them an awkward gift (biscuits). Learn to do better.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by olaJako(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2023
You gave your future mother in law biscuits and in return she gives you bread and you are angry. Omor find way resolve the issue to avoid 40ft container falling in the future
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by WorldRichest: 6:55am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

Typical example of a very bad prospective son in-law

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Btruth: 7:03am On Nov 21, 2023
Pray that ego will not finish you in Jesus name 🙏. Even if it is a sachet of pure water you were given, you ought to have collected it joyfully.

Onigberega osi.....😟

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by achimendy(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

Oga you too like arguement. Should have just collect and go simple.

They gave you from their heart na, you for just collect am.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by donhils: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2023
Maybe you people ate their food in a manner that suggested hunger, so they decided to go extra miles. You messed up big time for rejecting a gift from your potential in-laws. What were you thinking?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by ImoleNaija: 7:41am On Nov 21, 2023
donhils:
Maybe you people ate their food in a manner that suggested hunger, so they decided to go extra miles. You messed up big time for rejecting a gift from your potential in-laws. What were you thinking?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by nanauju(f): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

With all due respect you are still immature to enter this institution called marriage

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Bbqekpa: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2023
You are still a child that shouldn't think of getting married just yet. They offered what they had, you rejected. People are here advising you and you are claiming right. SMH! Make that babe run o

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2023
i dont think so. He wont respect her
loswhite:
Do you think this kind of person will respect his wife?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by tintall(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

So expected them to buy you aeroplane?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Itiskdg121(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2023
It's surprising to realise this after many years.
We learn everyday though
Juliearth:

Trust me, he didn't forget to add salt. He did that on purpose to see if you would reject the food or eat it with disdain. I can tell you for free that you eating that food whole heartedly was what sealed that marriage. You proved to your in-law that come thick and thin, you would stand by his daughter.
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by b3llo(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2023
Ginaz:

which broader opinion do you need again? you're looking for someone to support the nonsense you did? you are wrong period! go and apologise immediately. imagine if somone treated your parents like that would you be happy?

I really don't like what you did. you're annoyingly stupid.
are you the woman whose parents gift were rejected?
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:04am On Nov 21, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

You find it awkward giving bread to your son in law yet you think it is normal to give them biscuits as gift? What kind of man gives biscuits to his inlaws to be? With all due respect, remove the log in your eye sir!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2023
achimendy:

Oga you too like arguement. Should have just collect and go simple.

They gave you from their heart na, you for just collect am.
Did you notice how he gave them biscuits as gift? Who gives biscuits to his inlaws. Ok of they did not reject it, what makes him think he has the right to under rate the bread they gave him as a gift?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by caesymore(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2023
thesicilian:
Find a way to remedy the situation. In some cultures you rejecting a gift is almost as bad as rejecting the gift giver. And then you made it worse by telling the daughter that it was the wrongest gift they could give you. Who does that? Do you think your biscuits and juice they accepted wholeheartedly from you they couldn't afford to get them on their own if they wanted to?

Dude "wrongest" is not and English word, biko sounds like a stray bullet.
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by lagosrd: 10:23am On Nov 21, 2023
Congratulations you're so honestly stupid. It clearly shows that you and the person that followed you are still immatured.

Tell your parents to follow you down next time and see, learn how it's been done properly.. you still need some time in your parents house to learn mannerism, common sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

My Husband Inspects My Private Part Anytime I Return From Work / Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson / We Quarrel Because Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.