Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? (56248 Views)

SEE HOW I COLLECTED MY OWN ONE BAG OF RICE!! PICS. / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / Slay Queen Poses On Her Mother’s Coffin In Her Grave During Burial In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Reptyle(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2023
You carry biscuits and juice go your in-law house. In-law wey you dey meet for the first time oooo! Dem accept am with happiness.

Dem cook food for you and you chop am, still come give you bread join. You reject am sake of say e no worth much for ya eye abi?!

Bros na wah for you oooo! embarassed angry undecided

Even if the thing no worth for your eye, shebi you go collect am, tell them thank you and as you waka far small, you take am bless some people wey need am. That way, you would have created a good impression with your potential in-laws.

Na Africa we dey and some of these things are delicate and can be misinterpreted. If their daughter is good enough to marry and their food good enough to eat, you should have accepted their gift as well. No do that kind tin again!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Deogratiasfx: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

It's not about it being local or little. The Bread was gotten from Market Square super market. I just find it awkward giving bread to your son-in-law to be on the first meeting.

Gifts are symbolic you know.

You were wrong and u need to apologize.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by OutOnBail(m): 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2023
U carry biscuit and juice go give inlaws (elderly) but you were expecting probably a car (symbolic) in return undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Dybala11(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2023
mabea:
That one na gift. Lol
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by folake4u(f): 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
doggedfighter:

Folake, you have finished the said bread with this listπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But I nor lie na? 🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
folake4u:

Lmao. I was screaming ehn. grin grin grin grin

Later they'd say Gen Z are disrespectful. Something wey we nor fit do oh. grin grin

I'm still muzzed mehn. I want to believe he's trolling sha.

Na even the bread better pass, person fit chop am belleful with groundnut, butter, tea, stew, sardine, soft drink etc
Nah the girl i blame! When it's that they won't face what they were sent to do in school why won't one boy wey him head no straight no go treat her and her family like he is doing them a favour marrying her.

Nonsense!
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by BinamRex: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2023
Nextt:

Finally, someone has spotted a much bigger problem than rejecting gift bread from in-laws.

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by musco4me: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:
I traveled from Lagos to Port Harcourt to see my future in laws family. My girl wasn't around as she's still in Lagos schooling.

I went there with a family member and got them some items like shortcake biscuits and juice.

They offered us food and we ate. After the meeting and normal questioning, we were set to go when surprisingly, this people brought out two loaves of bread and gave us. I told them that the food we ate was enough, that we don't need the bread.

We haven't even gone far when my girl started texting me on WhatsApp angrily asking me why I rejected her mother's gift. That she gave it out of love, this and that.

I told her that bread is the wrongest gift the mother could give me. I am supposed to buy them bread and not the one way round. I intentionally refused to buy bread for them because I assumed bread is an everyday food that people buy and eat, so I decided to go with the package biscuits instead and here they are offering me bread.

If it were something produced locally by them like coconut or something, I can understand but bread?

Please, did I do anything wrong rejecting the bread?
Are u feeling too big to collect bread?
You visited someone and the person offered what she can afford and your rejecting it because bread is not what you expected. Probably you expected a car or clothes or shoes etc. If I visit my in-laws, even if it's palm kernel they offered me, I will collect it and leave. If I don't want it, when I reach my destination, I give it to my neighbours as what I came back with.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by benjazzy009(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2023
Just shut up...u ain't mature at all
PuZZyNegro:

It's not about it being local or little. The Bread was gotten from Market Square super market. I just find it awkward giving bread to your son-in-law to be on the first meeting.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Naxtrad(m): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2023
They gave you the bread so you can take home and eat as a sign that you will not go hungry while in their family.... You did wrong by rejecting that bread bro and it shows a sign of disrespect and pride. You are going to trouble that innocent woman in that marriage with this attitude of yours. Please change your character I beg you bro
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Nyceguy92: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
The fact that your girl complained, via text, shortly after you left her house meant her parents were bitter and told her about the rejection.

Even if they gave you coconut, pawpaw, even palm kernels, it was a gift and a way of expressing acceptance and open-mindedness.

Short cake and biscuits are for the children. How about you included beverages and a bottle of a "masculine" drink ( you know what I mean?) for the elders?

I do not think that this singular gaffe will seriously affect your relationship with your girl and her family. You only need to explain things to them and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
You never ready to marry ooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by babyfaceafrica: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
You Should have collected it and throw it away if you don't like it. People don't like rejection. Anyways na small thing. Just apologise to the parents and muuve!

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by BinamRex: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2023
sonnie10:

Taking the bread home is the main reason you were given that bread.
The purpose is for you to explain to your people where you got the bread with Port Harcourt label from.
It is not just for eating.

God bless you
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Evaloyal2J(f): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

You guys are just foaming in the mouth. These people already served us food and we ate.

I don't really think we need bread again to take home.
You are the one that even offered your in-laws ackward gift. What the hell is biscuits and Juice? What happened to red wines I mean non alcoholic and even bread. They accepted your ackward gifts and pride and over Sabi could not let you accept theirs. If I were the in-laws, you go collect.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by BinamRex: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2023
anyilalaz:
My brother!!! Do you know why I called you that? Some of us had passed that route before. No need to castigate you because going through the thread you chop enough bashing.

Nevertheless, marrying a woman process is unending open process. From my sojourn during my time. Before I visited my in-laws for the first time, I asked they daughter if both parents take alcoholic drinks and what they like. Going to see them I bought a bottle of original Seaman Schnapps, a bottle of cream Bailey, a bottle of eve wine, some kola, 6yards of wrapper that I made sure her daughter bought for me.

With all items, I went to see my in-law, while presenting what I brought, kola first, the Schannap and Bailey for papa, eve and wrapper for mama, that settled everything as we begin to discuss.

They presented egusi and fufu meal, my friend and I ate. While going, they gave us coconut, peas and a lobe from one of the kola nut. I collected everything, though I don't eat kola.

Coming home to your case, first apologies to your wife, then your in laws. When next you are going with your family to see your in laws, upgrade your humble gift items. It's cultural. Whatever they give collect and appreciate them. A day after you departed from them also call back for welcoming you and your family, double thank them for the gift again.

My fellow men were don marry I hope I no talk bad. My opinion though.

I never marry, but you talk well. Very well.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by folake4u(f): 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:
Nah the girl i blame! When it's that they won't face what they were sent to do in school why won't one boy wey him head no straight no go treat her and her family like he is doing them a favour marrying her.

Nonsense!

Love is blind. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by trumpcoat(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2023
It's wrong to reject gift from inlaws,what ever they give should be accepted, some inlaws give sweet in return

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by ElValiente(m): 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
You took short cake biscuit πŸͺ to your in laws to eat like a kid. They dash you bread u refused. Dey there dey play western mentality. This is Africa 🌍.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
folake4u:

Love is blind. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Ah

Okay cheesy
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by folake4u(f): 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:
Ah

Okay cheesy

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by smasher1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:
I traveled from Lagos to Port Harcourt to see my future in laws family. My girl wasn't around as she's still in Lagos schooling.

I went there with a family member and got them some items like shortcake biscuits and juice.

They offered us food and we ate. After the meeting and normal questioning, we were set to go when surprisingly, this people brought out two loaves of bread and gave us. I told them that the food we ate was enough, that we don't need the bread.

We haven't even gone far when my girl started texting me on WhatsApp angrily asking me why I rejected her mother's gift. That she gave it out of love, this and that.

I told her that bread is the wrongest gift the mother could give me. I am supposed to buy them bread and not the one way round. I intentionally refused to buy bread for them because I assumed bread is an everyday food that people buy and eat, so I decided to go with the package biscuits instead and here they are offering me bread.

If it were something produced locally by them like coconut or something, I can understand but bread?

You are not interested in the relationship. No need asking questions. You would accept any food items, if you want the relationship to work and move to the next level. Your rejecting it is a sign of pride on your part. People in this part visit people and buy bread first, you bought biscuits. Are the receivers children? You are obviously not interested in the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Cheeryfeet: 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

Really I find it odd you buying shortcake or short bread biscuits and juice for your future in laws. It's odd, I wonder what we are raising in this generation. On not taking the bread shows lack of emotional intelligence. Simple courtesy demands that you receive the gift from them as they received yours.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Algold: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

pride don wash your brain upside down

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Trojan8(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
Lomprico2:

You for still collect am politely. But e get as e be sha!

The gift get as he be? Nigga gave his inlaws biscuits and juice on a first visit. If that's not gross stupidity, I wonder what it is.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
Why problem is why the hell would the mil to be call her daughter almost instantly to report that? Omo una dey try o
Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by tranxo(m): 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

For your mind, your "package biscuit" is symbolic abi?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by NLKing01: 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
But you don't see anything wrong in giving biscuits to your in-laws to be. As if they are children.
PuZZyNegro:

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by emmabest2000(m): 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

PH has so many baggers around the motor park
You should have collect the damn bread
And give it out to any bagger on your way back
This your act will end in ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Geesaintagape: 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
henrimoto:
common sense suppose tell the guy sef, if no be say na person wey too dey get pride him be.
The guy is arrogant period

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by texazzpete(m): 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
PuZZyNegro:

What was symbolic about your shortbread?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Collected The Bread From Her Mother? by Dybala11(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2023
pius49:
You did the right thing because actually you supposed to buy bread and them gifting you bread doesn't go well. Are they expecting you to go back to Lagos with bread? Don't they've something like garri
Which right thing did he do, somebody that gave biscuit to his elderly in-laws did the right thing in your book?
You and the OP are birds of a feather.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Abandons His Young Wife And Kids, Moves In With Another Lady. Photos / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage / "My Husband Employed Imam To Have Sex With Me For 3 Days" – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.