Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. (31241 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2023
CSTRR:

Yeah, it did.

I didn't call him for four months.

Though To be fair, I was already working 9 to 5 job and earning, while still living in my parents house.
He saw no reason why I was still in his house

That's not the best way to nurture you with due respect...
Are u a government worker?!. Sending you out in the cold is not the way. You could av literally gather cultivate Ur plans and achieve sizable ones bfr moving.
God forbid, what if u have issues with rent, I'm not sure he'll be able to accept u back but rather have u to face Ur struggles. That's not parenting...
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
maasoap:

What is there to be "tiju" about?
I was living in our family house during bachelor hood, I got married while still living there. I only moved out after 7 years of marriage when I felt that I could comfortably rent a 3 bedroom flat. I lived in a rented apartment for another 5 years until last week Saturday when I moved to my own apartment.
During those 7 years of marriage in our family house, I used the opportunity to build and expand my business.
It is not always about unseriousness when men make decisions like this, it's about walking at your own pace.

You described me, friend.
Finished university education at 33. Married at 34. Moved out of family house at 40. Moved into my own house at 45. It's my life, my plan.

You are not listening to anyone, looks to me like you're full of yourself. grin grin grin

He's going to learn the hard way. Some people are a product of quick liberation maybe thru connection but will be quick to judge people building from scratch with limited help in sight....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by BALLOSKI: 1:45am On Dec 26, 2023
stacyadams:
grin grin

So it's pointless having children if parents don't want Thier children inheriting their property...I want to believe after your hard work on earth and your achievements you will want your structure according to wike to be inherited by a stranger?
structure

😂
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by BALLOSKI: 1:49am On Dec 26, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Check out most threads here on inheritance and fighting for properties, it is always created by men which is embarrassing and disgraceful, Op for instance is proud of living in his father's house, if he has any atom of shame, he wouldn't come here to boost about it

My point is, if men are able to toil and make a name for themselves through various achievements, inheriting parents properties will only be seen as an added advantage, not something to fight and scream over.
You didn't see where he said his mom is old and his dad is late? He should leave his aged mom?

Do you know why, as men, we mostly prefer male children? Those who would keep your name and your house busy even when you're gone. Unlike women who marry into other family, men bring women home to build family.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by stacyadams: 8:39am On Dec 26, 2023
BALLOSKI:
structure

😂
grin hahahaha...
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by maasoap(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2023
allthingsgood:

Just say Amen. Leave story
Amen to what exactly?
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ariesbull: 6:09am On Feb 03
Peter532:
Don't let peer pressure tension you.
I am 36 entering 37 few month from now and I still live with my mother.
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.
I just need to refurbished it and I am good with my wives and kids.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

That's where you are wrong no one is praying for anyone's death.
It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

Happy new year in advance.

You must be a Yoruba man

They are the people that don't see living with parents and marrying as a big deal

You also must be a Yoruba man that will do introduction and call it marriage and fooling himself that he is married

You must be a Yoruba man that knows that living with parents and coming here to grandstand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ariesbull: 6:10am On Feb 03
BALLOSKI:
You didn't see where he said his mom is old and his dad is late? He should leave his aged mom?

Do you know why, as men, we mostly prefer male children? Those who would keep your name and your house busy even when you're gone. Unlike women who marry into other family, men bring women home to build family.

He should move out and be a man

Then get his mum a caregiver

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Kipaji: 12:48pm On Feb 03
@pansophist, what's your take on this?
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by pansophist(m): 4:58pm On Feb 03
Kipaji:
@pansophist, what's your take on this?

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

It's a new thing for families to live seperately. Back in the day, and even presently in some communities, family lives together.

It has so many advantages. Instead of your aged parents passing through boredom and empty house, they can have perfect bond and free labour with their grandkids.

Why rent a nanny when your parents are there and willing, and will show true love altruistically, unlike a nanny that is motivated by cash?

Also there are issues of trust. A nanny can do shit you won't believe to your child behind, but your parents mostly won't.

Unless your parents ain't good people, I see no reason why you can't live with them

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Kipaji: 12:26am On Feb 04
pansophist:

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

It's a new thing for families to live seperately. Back in the day, and even presently in some communities, family lives together.

It has so many advantages. Instead of your aged parents passing through boredom and empty house, they can have perfect bond and free labour with their grandkids.

Why rent a nanny when your parents are there and willing, and will show true love altruistically, unlike a nanny that is motivated by cash?

Also there are issues of trust. A nanny can do shit you won't believe to your child behind, but your parents mostly won't.

Unless your parents ain't good people, I see no reason why you can't live with them

Thank you for your input pansophist. It's always a pleasure to read your insightful and authentic thoughts.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by princessyere1(f): 2:12pm On Mar 05
jamesversion:

Actually fornication was what made me leave my Dad's house, after he embarrassed me the day I came with a girl in 2004. I just finished secondary school and was doing pre-degree in FUTO. grin. Funny enough, my dad didn't know I was already sexually active by 17. Infact I'd slept with 5 girls by 17.

After that embarrassment, I decided to rent my house and fornicate freely. It materialised when I was 20.

So when that 70 Yr old man listed 70women in 70years, I just dey laugh. He's a learner where I am. I averaged 3 women a week in 2015 alone. Can't forget that year, cos I hit the big time financially and i swarmed on women. Life sweet oh. Money, Women, food, And alcohol are the four cardinal points of my happiness. grin cool wink

Imagine not liking this. undecided
4 cardinal points 😂
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by 1Sharon(f): 4:31am On Mar 06
Kipaji:

Thank you for your input pansophist. It's always a pleasure to read your insightful and authentic thoughts.

Ask him if lives w/ parents. Nonsense response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Caught Her Husband Red Handed, Cheating. / “my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court / How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.