Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. (31246 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Dybala11(m): 3:06am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.
In other words, 90% of all the new houses been built is owned by women. You're truly clever by half. 😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by frozen70(f): 3:21am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:
Don't let peer pressure tension you.
I am 36 entering 37 few month from now and I still live with my mother.
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.
I just need to refurbished it and I am good with my wives and kids.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

That's where you are wrong no one is praying for anyone's death.
It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

Happy new year in advance.

These are your plans and decision

When you marry, the real plans and decisions will come in

By then you will be left with, following your decision or your wife decision
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Cromagnon: 3:26am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Except you are an illiterate, ignorant, intentionally unenlightened, or chose to live in a cave, a sane grown up adult shouldn't be asking these questions, but then, sound mind usually escape most of you when trying to make baseless points.
ẹ pain you hahahaha
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Cromagnon: 3:28am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

I shamed most men not only Op, and I'll continue to shame you all if you don't stop creating threads about arguments and fightings on inheritance and properties.
who your shame epp
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by warrifinest1985: 4:30am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

You"re an idiot! At 36 you are still thinking and acting like a kid! WAKE UP BRO AND BE A MAN

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Free2Fly: 5:03am On Dec 24, 2023
Krucifax:
At OP. Yes life is hard and Nigeria 🇳🇬 is harder. But there are certain milestones that a human being must pass if you consider yourself normal.
Same way you wouldn't consider it normal for a teenager to be in nursery school or an adult to be in primary school.
Living with your parents at 37 is abnormal and demonstrates that you failed to make your way in life.
There are exceptions of course. If you suffer from a disability or are required to provide constant aid to a family member then its understandable.
However your post doesn't say any of the above besides an attempt to normalise the shameful. Yes it hurts but it's important that you know the reality of your situation instead of trying to rewrite societal norms. They are there for a reason.
I sincerely hope things get better for you and you take good counsel because you seem to have lost your way.

This is not true in any way!

You're just speaking from a limited life experience, just like many other people up there.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by blingxx(m): 5:10am On Dec 24, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Number one reason most Nigerians live away from their parents is fornication...

Indians , Pakistani, Arabs all stay with their parents till they get footings

My area brother, stayed comfortably with his parents even with wife and kids, till he built a small bungalow on one of his dads land

Even first World countries like Korea and China you can easily find 30yrs olds living with their parents
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by frankson1(m): 5:29am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.

The remaining 10% alone can't build all the buildings of different designs all over the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 5:52am On Dec 24, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
Aahh

Walahi amukunmeko ti binu tan kpatakpata grin grin

Afofugbemu oshi, Asinwin.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by CSTRR: 5:56am On Dec 24, 2023
mariahAngel:

How did you feel at the time, being given an ultimatum by your father to leave?
Would you do that to your own son?
I felt very angry at the time.
But I now understand.

If he got too comfortable in my house, despite having a job, yes I would too.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by kennie2015(m): 5:57am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

No one is crucifying you for staying in your parents house, however since you want people to poke nose into your private affair by bringing it to the public, your post lacks foresight, dreams and aspirations to be independent, you sound as a comic person that you might be, you don't sound serious with your life!

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Babaoil: 6:35am On Dec 24, 2023
Are you the only child of your parents
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Taiwo20(m): 6:50am On Dec 24, 2023
You no know wetin God do for you.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by OlawaleBammie: 6:50am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Afofugbemu oshi, Asinwin.
Akindanidani grin
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by dreamwords: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
yolubas do that a lot
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:23am On Dec 24, 2023
I've seen a more fkn goatish bastardzzz than Obi
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by allthingsgood: 7:32am On Dec 24, 2023
stacyadams:
grin grin

So it's pointless having children if parents don't want Thier children inheriting their property...I want to believe after your hard work on earth and your achievements you will want your structure according to wike to be inherited by a stranger?

This generation has serious problems. So if your parents stayed in their parents house waiting to inherit, where will you have stayed Na wa o. It’s called failure to launch. You become so comfortable in your parents home, end up achieving nothing in life.

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by allthingsgood: 7:34am On Dec 24, 2023
Free2Fly:

This is not true in any way!

You're just speaking from a limited life experience, just like many other people up there.

Very very true
Okay na, may your children remain in your home with you are 37. When at 25 many people are already millionaires and conquering the world. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by allthingsgood: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2023
Apus:

I pity old parents who built big houses thinking their children will inherit them.
My dad's compound is so big, It can accommodate our families. I just dey pity dem as they've grown old and everyone don dey japa. Even our kids don't even want to stay with our grandparents. I stay most times with them to keep them company as I'm the only male child. My dad hates the idea of hiring maids. I have a landed property too and sometimes wonder if the same fate as my parent awaits me. I got the property so others won't see me as a failure. You know our mentality/culture here frowns at you raising a family in your parents house especially after reaching a certain age.

This trend is actually disgusting. Who told you your parents need you to warm their bench for them. If you want them to be happy, build your own and carry them with you. You can always sell or let their own. Hustle your own in life and don’t be a leech to aged parents. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2023
Bliss51:

Got get yourself a Life dude.

Nairaland is not your Family House.

Tomorrow you will Blame government for your Poverty after climbing down on others hustle to make a Living
accumulate
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Free2Fly: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2023
allthingsgood:

Very very true
Okay na, may your children remain in your home with you are 37. When at 25 many people are already millionaires and conquering the world. Tufiakwa!

You're not understanding it, bros.

He's not at home because he's jobless or broke.

He's running his business/going to work, paying his bills and taking care of his parents while being accommodated at home.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. It's a different thing if one is at home because of joblessness and brokenness

Meanwhile, i have 4 boys(no females) and i would be glad if one of them would prefer to live in my house and warm up the environment pending when i'll live the earth.
So, that your prayer is needed badly by me and my wife, otherwise na pure loneliness at old age.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by kmaster007: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2023
E no easy mehn
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by allthingsgood: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2023
Free2Fly:

You're not understanding it, bros.

He's not at home because he's jobless or broke.

He's running his business/going to work, paying his bills and taking care of his parents while being accommodated at home.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. It's a different thing if one is at home because of joblessness and brokenness

Meanwhile, i have 4 boys(no females) and i would be glad if one of them would prefer to live in my house and warm up the environment pending when i'll live the earth.
So, that your prayer is needed badly by me and my wife, otherwise na pure loneliness at old age.

Amen. May all your children remain with you in your home even after 36. God will surely answer your prayer.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by nurudeen181(m): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% how many Nigerian parents get property? my father no get, my malle no get, none of their brother get. me and my younger ones just dey strive to build one small house

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Etranshub(m): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

congrats amigos
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by greypencils: 8:42am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

Till your wife gets the itch and wants you to move out. Either that or a BIG quarrel between Mum and spouse giving you instant headache.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Uptheante(m): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2023
allthingsgood:

Very very true
There are pple who stayed in their parents house till that same 37 but they were hustling & building their businesses & personal house within that period, they weren't idle or depending on their parents for food or other basic necessities.
They contributed & provided for their parents needs before moving into their own houses upon completion.

You don't call such pple useless or irresponsible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by femi4: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

That's the spirit. The fact that you didn't allow society to put you under unnecessary pressure. It's good that you are staying put to look after your aged mother and upgrade the family house
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Akindanidani grin

Ni baba e.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by DDIA: 10:13am On Dec 24, 2023
[quote author=Fountainofyouth post=127596639][/quote]
Hard luck demented soul grin
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2023
DDIA:

Hard luck demented soul grin

Is your mother.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by DDIA: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Is your mother.
How how about yours with a pungent smelling sinkhole between her legs. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court / Help: My Grandma Is Missing / How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.