Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. (31242 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by OlawaleBammie: 10:30am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Ni baba e.

Lol, baba kan ko lobiwa na, grin grin grin grin

You comparing my father to urs is the high of absurdity grin
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by allthingsgood: 10:43am On Dec 24, 2023
Uptheante:

There are pple who stayed in their parents house till that same 37 but they were hustling & building their businesses & personal house within that period, they weren't idle grin ;Dor depending on their parents for food or other basic necessities.
They contributed & provided for their parents needs before moving into their own houses upon completion.

You don't call such pple useless or irresponsible

Ehn no problem na. So shall it be for you and your kids. At 37 your children will be waiting for your wife’s food without clue about rent, taxes or other responsibilities adults face. Say Amen

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Blankstare(m): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2023
Empresa:

@36, you can try. Things look normal in real life even when they have been manipulated spiritually.

Na person wey fall look back get sense no be person wey fall look front

The world is bigger than you, don't always view through your own prism, that gentleman can go rent a place and might find it difficult to keep up with rent, feeding even maintaining a relationship. the dynamics of surely doing well outside comfort isn't like before any longer reason rich kids pick up very fast because alot of schocks have been cushion for them. Mind you am not condoning laziness, am just saying the pattern of breaking through through getting a decent job, businesses, importation , online trading has shifted....

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Exceed15: 10:59am On Dec 24, 2023
Don't give a damn about what people say . It is your life and decision. Use it well to your advantage.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Blackdisciple(m): 11:38am On Dec 24, 2023
Meaning you don't pay rent omoh your own better oo especially if you are working...
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by iReddington: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Check out most threads here on inheritance and fighting for properties, it is always created by men which is embarrassing and disgraceful, Op for instance is proud of living in his father's house, if he has any atom of shame, he wouldn't come here to boost about it

My point is, if men are able to toil and make a name for themselves through various achievements, inheriting parents properties will only be seen as an added advantage, not something to fight and scream over.
FoutainOfIdiocy, undecided what have you built and achieved for yourself, are you forbidden from toiling and making name for yourself through various achievements. cheesy Dumb airheaded bitter clown 🤡

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by BeeNG3: 11:43am On Dec 24, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Number one reason most Nigerians live away from their parents is fornication...

Indians , Pakistani, Arabs all stay with their parents till they get footings

My area brother, stayed comfortably with his parents even with wife and kids, till he built a small bungalow on one of his dads land

Birds of same feather,alainitiju
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Hollusilva28(m): 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
Many Nigerian ladies are worst. Don’t let anybody pressurized you. You owe nobody explanation how you live your life.

I have a friend that we graduated together, he got married and still continue to live with his parents at Ibadan, after sometimes he traveled to Canada and his wife was still living with them, after exactly 1.5yrs the traveled to Canada too and be with her husband.

I stayed at my dad’s place for long time, after I quit my job at Lagos. I was still in his house beforeI met my wife how is a citizen of a country in abroad and I traveled out of the country.

Don’t let anyone force you to do things. Rent are expensive now due to bad naija economy situation. Never be in a competition with anybody. As I am don’t
Fancy cars neither I know the latest. I’m just an old-fashioned minded. Peace of mind is the best. Living in your parents house is not for long is just a short period of time.

Go to Lagos, some people are living in hell there, you will see all these beautiful ladies coming out from trenches houses or areas. Is not their fault but we have a failed leaders.

Live your life the way you want it. You don’t owe anybody explanation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Apus: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
allthingsgood:

This trend is actually disgusting. Who told you your parents need you to warm their bench for them. If you want them to be happy, build your own and carry them with you. You can always sell or let their own. Hustle your own in life and don’t be a leech to aged parents. Na wa o

Seems you lack comprehension. Read again.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
iReddington:

My mother the idiot, undecided what has my mother built and achieved for herself, is my mother forbidden from toiling and making name for herself through various achievements. cheesy Dumb airheaded bitter clown is my mother 🤡

Fixed.

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Sammy5413(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
Bro, nothing to feel bad about, even the prodigal son saw bills wey dey outside, Em run back go em papa house

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by mariahAngel(f): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2023
CSTRR:

I felt very angry at the time.
But I now understand.

If he got too comfortable in my house, despite having a job, yes I would too.

Did it affect your relationship with him at first?
How is your relationship with him now?
No offense, but your dad went about it the wrong way.

The best way would be to guide him (your son) early (on how to earn and be independent)
That is where most parents get it wrong.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by yinkbell: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You quoted me 3 times yet lack basic comprehension and understanding of my comments

What has riches got to do with dragging
and having disputes over inheritances? It's a mentality, a crass mentality

Poor people don't kill family members for properties? I hate repeating myself but are there not countless cases of men killing themselves over fathers properties from the rich to the poor? Countless threads on here by men over disputes on properties? Why drag and create enemies or kill each other over land and house when you can make something for yourselves? And they are mostly by men, very disgusting behaviour, even Op couldn't reply a comment that asked if he's an only child which means he isn't, so there will be a property and inheritance issue between him and his siblings in the nearest future

So many slow people on nairaland, very annoying, since you lack understanding, resist the urge to quote me, I can't be repeating myself countless times.

I understood you perfectly well. You don't need to be angry at folks airing their opinions on this forum.

You only based your assumption on many cases you have witnessed.
You sensed complacency in the guy altitude; thinking enjoying the parents luxury would impede him from pursuing his own dreams and ambitions. But that may not be the reason. The Op may still be trying to get his footings.
When he is financially stable, he may find his way out, possibly, that may help him to save more and build his own house.
It may not be what you are thinking.
Know for sure that women also fight and kill over properties.

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by maasoap(m): 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
PastorFire:

The unmistakable words of a weak man!
Weak you said? I wish you know me in real life.
Life is too short to take everything as do or die. 70, 80 years, you're either forgotten or you're history.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by maasoap(m): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Uptheante(m): 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
maasoap:

What is there to be "tiju" about?
I was living in our family house during bachelor hood, I got married while still living there. I only moved out after 7 years of marriage when I felt that I could comfortably rent a 3 bedroom flat. I lived in a rented apartment for another 5 years until last week Saturday when I moved to my own apartment.
During those 7 years of marriage in our family house, I used the opportunity to build and expand my business.
It is not always about unseriousness when men make decisions like this, it's about walking at your own pace.

You described me, friend.
Finished university education at 33. Married at 34. Moved out of family house 40. Moved onto my own house at 45. It's my life, my plan.
That's impressive bro, one thing in life is to move at your own pace & do what's best for you not minding external pressure from folks who have no idea what is best for you.
No mind that foool, he's too emotional like a woman

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by maasoap(m): 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2023
Uptheante:

That's impressive bro, one thing in life is to move at your own pace & do what's best for you not minding external pressure from folks who have no idea what is best for you.
No mind that foool, he's too emotional like a woman
I don't understand why men like to put themselves under unnecessary pressure. They would rather do things based on what people would say instead of what is comfortable for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by CSTRR: 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
mariahAngel:

Did it affect your relationship with him at first?
How is your relationship with him now?
No offense, but your dad went about it the wrong way.

The best way would be to guide him (your son) early (on how to earn and be independent)
That is where most parents get it wrong.
Yeah, it did.

I didn't call him for four months.

Though To be fair, I was already working 9 to 5 job and earning, while still living in my parents house.
He saw no reason why I was still in his house

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by izibili44: 7:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
[You are very wrong. Nigerian is one of the country. When a man start earning good money the first thing he want to do is build is own house. quote author=Fountainofyouth post=127570380]90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.[/quote]
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by allthingsgood: 2:56am On Dec 25, 2023
maasoap:

What is there to be "tiju" about?
I was living in our family house during bachelor hood, I got married while still living there. I only moved out after 7 years of marriage when I felt that I could comfortably rent a 3 bedroom flat. I lived in a rented apartment for another 5 years until last week Saturday when I moved to my own apartment.
During those 7 years of marriage in our family house, I used the opportunity to build and expand my business.
It is not always about unseriousness when men make decisions like this, it's about walking at your own pace.

You described me, friend.
Finished university education at 33. Married at 34. Moved out of family house at 40. Moved into my own house at 45. It's my life, my plan.

You are not listening to anyone, looks to me like you're full of yourself. grin grin grin

Just say Amen. Leave story
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by allthingsgood: 2:58am On Dec 25, 2023
Apus:

Seems you lack comprehension. Read again.

You seethe one that appears slow
Stay there and be eating mummy food
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

How did you feel at the time, being given an ultimatum by your father to leave?
Would you do that to your own son?

My friend's dad is late. Infact he committed suicide due to the maltreatment from his wife (my friend's mom). The woman rubbed it on his face that she own the house, truly she does. It's out of the frustration the man packed out and later on committed suicide.
My friend told me his mom has given him and his second brother an ultimatum to leave the house. They are grown up, he's 29 while the brother is 27. They have a lil bro of about 10 or 12.
The woman is in her mid or late 40. I heard people saying she wants to remarry.... Still plump and beautiful...

I guess the commenter quoted may b experiencing same with his dad. The dad may no longer be with his mom Nd gave him an altimatum to leave so he can get himself a new woman grin. I'm just guessing due to what I av experienced...

It's pretty bad if u ask me....

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2023
Sammy5413:
Bro, nothing to feel bad about, even the prodigal son saw bills wey dey outside, Em run back go em papa house

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Caught Her Husband Red Handed, Cheating. / “my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court / How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.