Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. (31278 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Hohaiiiode(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Number one reason most Nigerians live away from their parents is fornication...

Indians , Pakistani, Arabs all stay with their parents till they get footings

My area brother, stayed comfortably with his parents even with wife and kids, till he built a small bungalow on one of his dads land

absolutely true
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Bliss51: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2023
Bliss52:

How much is asthma drug sef

Got get yourself a Life dude.

Nairaland is not your Family House.

Tomorrow you will Blame government for your Poverty after climbing down on others hustle to make a Living
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Ashawoman82: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Except you are an illiterate, ignorant, intentionally unenlightened, or chose to live in a cave, a sane grown up adult shouldn't be asking these questions, but then, sound mind usually escape most of you when trying to make baseless points.
how many successful women do we have in the world today as compared to men..for ev ry female billionaire u have there are a thousand of male billionaires to counter it ..so shut up if u don't have anything meaningful to say..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ahmedio2017(m): 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2023
maasoap:

I just built one flat. That won't be too big for me and my wife to live in alone if and when the kids finally move out which will definitely happen. I don't need more than that for now. If I need a second wife, may be I will consider building a second flat grin grin grin

Lolz life is simple.....
If you are living in extended family house one should move out and rent apartment but if your parents build house and you go and rent apartment when you are actually not financially stable, na mumu be that o
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Ashawoman82: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Comprehension failed you

Women nor dey build house for your village?

Have you ever seen women create a thread here about fighting for properties or inheritance?
just show him Ur own mansion since it's easy, or are u forbidden to build house .or woman no suppose build house too?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by reddingtonblack: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.

If 90% nigeria men are entitled to their property esp. building then who are those building new properties in every nuke and cranny of developing cities

Just as "Ongoing concern" is sancrosanct to every business, inheritance and management is sancrosanct for existence of any property, that is not entitlement

There is hardly any real man that will have the means and not want a property of his own

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2023
SirLakes:

You just manufacture percentage anyhow from your bug infested brain grin grin grin

You are a dullard grin

You are the ultimate dullard with a pig infested brain, same as your parents.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Ashawoman82: 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You quoted me 3 times yet lack basic comprehension and understanding of my comments

What has riches got to do with dragging
and having disputes over inheritances? It's a mentality, a crass mentality

Poor people don't kill family members for properties? I hate repeating myself but are there not countless cases of men killing themselves over fathers properties from the rich to the poor? Countless threads on here by men over disputes on properties? Why drag and create enemies or kill each other over land and house when you can make something for yourselves? And they are mostly by men, very disgusting behaviour, even Op couldn't reply a comment that asked if he's an only child which means he isn't, so there will be a property and inheritance issue between him and his siblings in the nearest future

So many slow people on nairaland, very annoying, since you lack understanding, resist the urge to quote me, I can't be repeating myself countless times.
u are simply an idiot, just look at the criteria u are using here...ode, don't women kill their fellow women cos of men? , Does that mean I should generalize it, otondo, u are just a bittered feminist...I pity u , time is going Ur eye go soon clear, emphatically I'll tell u this, u can't live without a man, like it or not it's facts .

3 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by mariahAngel(f): 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2023
CSTRR:
At 27, my dad gave me six months to leave his house.

I left in one month.

How did you feel at the time, being given an ultimatum by your father to leave?
Would you do that to your own son?
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ahmedio2017(m): 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
Ashawoman82:
u are simply an idiot, just look at the criteria u are using here...ode, don't women kill their fellow women cos of men? , Does that mean I should generalize it, otondo, u are just a bittered feminist...I pity u , time is going Ur eye go soon clear, emphatically I'll tell u this, u can't live without a man, like it or not it's facts .

You've said it all, I don't know what's wrong with her mentality
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by LagosG: 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You talk too much

You quoted me 3 times yet lack basic comprehension and understanding of my comments

Poor people don't kill family members for properties? I hate repeating myself but are there not countless cases of men killing themselves over fathers properties from the rich to the poor? Countless threads on here by men over disputes on properties? Why drag and create enemies or kill each other over land and house when you can make something for yourselves? And they are mostly by men, very disgusting behaviour, even Op couldn't reply a comment that asked if he's an only child which means he isn't, so there will be a property and inheritance issue between him and his siblings in the nearest future

So many slow people on nairaland, very annoying, since you lack understanding, resist the urge to quote me, I can't be repeating myself countless times.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Ashawoman82: 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2023
Klass99:

Lol cheesy, on the contrary I like men, sensible and responsible men, I also like the male anatomy and the differences between our bodies. I believe heaven knew what they were doing when they created us male and female. It is funny how every female opinion that does not gel well with you guys is always attributed to feminism.

What I don't like is lazy and entitled men/sons who don't want to do anything reasonable with their lives, while laying claim to their father's properties and waiting for a time when they can inherit them. Are their hands broken or their brains malfunctioning, that they cannot toil for their own properties?

You know what I said is the truth! Some of you have male siblings/relatives who are like that or you may even be the sons causing parents grief and sorrow, with your nonsense and stupidity, while living in their homes at over 30 and 40 years of age. I have two male cousins like that and one of the neighbourhoods where I grew up has more than one household experiencing what I said.

what about lazy women who are waiting for a man with a house to marry them, are they forbidden from getting their own house ..is it that success is just meant for men ? , Y will a failed woman be tolerated but an average guy be criticize despite that he's far better than the failed woman....for eh, I'm sure u don't have up to 50k in Ur account but Ur likes will still have effontry to broke shame a guy earning 300k monthly...all over the world or even Ur environ can u compare the number of successful women to that of men? , For every successful woman there are over a thousand successful men to counter her so shut the Bleep up ok . angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
Ashawoman82:
my mother is simply an idiot, just look at the criteria she is using here...my mother is an ode, don't men kill their fellow men cos of women? , Does that mean my mother should generalize it, my mother is an otondo, my mother is just a bittered feminist...I pity my mother , time is going her eye go soon clear, emphatically I'll tell her this, my mother can't live without multiple men, like it or not it's facts.

Fixed.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by SirLakes: 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You are the ultimate dullard with a pig infested brain, same as your parents.

Wasted sperm

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Ashawoman82: 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Fixed.
nicompo, just keep on making a foolery of your life while time flies, you'll understand later on...it's Ur type that deserve serious beating in real life..Ur likes are temptation to men .I pray u remain single all through Ur miserable life cos I wouldn't want my fellow man to suffer in your hands.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2023
SirLakes:

Wasted sperm

Is what comes out of your father....tueh

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by reddingtonblack: 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

I'm starting to understand that most male monikers are educated illiterates,

How is it that you people fail to reason well? There are so many cases of men killing their brothers because of inheritance, selling off their dead brothers properties or claiming it as their own while sending wives and kids out on the streets, so many men here creating threads regarding having disputes on properties and inheritance thereby causing irreparable damages in the family and irreconcilable rift, yet this your comment is all you could come up with?

Op came to boost about living in his parents house, someone up there asked if he's the only child, he is yet to reply, meaning he isn't the only child, meaning there is a likelihood that there will be disputes in the nearest future on that property, yet you see that as some sort of achievement? No wonder Nigeria is the way it is today, if you can keep destroying the country , of course the family and home front will be child's play.

You talk as thou we live in a world or society with no culture/tradition or regulations.

In africa settings the 1st son is bound to inherit the most, or get the largest portion of any sharing except there is a "will" that stipulate otherwise, check relative laws
Whether Op has siblings or does not undermine his birth right according to tradition, and even the constitution corroborate.

Whatever evil men are doing women can do better all they need is opportunity ... ask people working under female Boss
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Edipet(m): 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2023
gigabyte13:
You dey Happy say you dey your Papa house
You dey use your innocent aged mother as excuse to continually live there....
If to say
Your Papa sef dey him Papa house marry your mama, you think say, you go get house to call your own....
Let me tell you straight up
You be lazy foooooooooool
Any girl wey agree to marry you eeeehn
Her future POVERTY go raise to power infinity.
You sef go dey tell girl say
Come to my house abi...
Your house abi your Papa house
If you no get shame
I dey help you shame oooooooooooo
so if someone leaves his parents house to hustle is there a guarantee that the pets will make it?
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by damosade(m): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2023
Was your dad lived in his dad house?
Be progressive boy.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Friend22(m): 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Who should now be entitled to the property??

Most times,some of these grown babies called adult want to set standard they can not even live up to.

If someone,choose to leave the houses built by their parents and decide to do as they please elsewhere who will cater,maintain and look after your old parents,strangers?
People you do not know?

I will tell you a short story.
There was this lady who told one of our teacher that she wishes she never has a MIL because they are wicked to their DIL.
Our teacher responded that she should also wish that the soon to be wife(s) of her male children will wish her the same when she grows old.
The dumb idiot kept quiet.

Most times,people living with their parents is not out of laziness,but as a matter of necessity.

Like myself,I was working in the north before I resigned and relocated to my parents house because my parents only has two of us(I and my younger sister) and my mum isn't that strong enough to handle things herself; will she lives in this big house all alone especially when my dad goes out for his business even at night.
In this case, do you expect her to be all by herself without any support,care or fulfilling any need.?
If it were this lady lampooning men who do, would she allow such thing to happen.

I can be living in parents house ,but I should be serious with meeting up with basic family needs and also support them if they are unable.

The brutal truth is,nobody dey carry mansion,wealth and all that go grave.

Some of you read how old people live alone in their houses abroad without children support bc some choose to live life according to the standard of some confused
and mentally retarded people.
God forbid!

As a Muslim,the emphasis of supporting and caring for our parents is tied to our paradise and I won't be fooled by the flowey words of some confused idiot to turn my back,not in this life,not the next life.

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by seanwilliam(m): 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2023
Tbh , nothing beats living with one’s parents especially if you’re financially responsible.
If I don drop small change like this, I go chop better food throughout the week, gossiping with my mom, my dad talking about his childhood stuff chai grin
till now I still miss them and can’t go a day without calling them.
. I left my parents house cos of some vital issues I can’t talk about here.

Although I was already doing well, I mean extremely well and it’ was glaring to everyone that I could take care of myself as I was shouldering 90% of the financial burden willingly. Upon that self, na every two weeks I dey go my papa house to spend the weekend.. though we dey fight especially me and my papa, cos he no dey ever gree for me.

@op. If you’re not financially ready, please don’t leave.
Na bills and pussy full outside …
I’m telling u, in your parents house, u can do 80% of what you will do if you live alone , Just be responsible and assist the family the best way you can , no one will stop you.

No let person prsssure u o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Rukevwe999(m): 11:51pm On Dec 23, 2023
It depends on the kind of family you come from. Adult Asians are cool with living with their parents because their family system is not as toxic as ours. But never the less, for a man to grow he must leave his parents house/comfort zone and search for a new world to call his own. It's necessary for mental, spiritual and financial growth - no man has ever become great by living with his parent in his mid-thirties.

You may enjoy "free" food and accommodation but your time and freedom will be contended with. Imagine you come home from work and instead of relaxing or doing some meaningful activity, you start dealing with family wahala and generational issues. You will find your energy and time getting diverted to carrying family burden instead your own self development. Some parents are not known for respecting boundaries and things you tolerated as a child may not be that tolerable again as an adult.

If you're pursuing individuation and inner growth, you must leave your parents house because they represent your old beliefs and standards and might keep you tethered to former habits and way of life because of the comfort of remaining static. If you do not conform to the society, you must conform to them. Your desire to always please them and to be seen as a good child may deny you from taking some risks necessary for becoming a whole individual. They may strongly influence your career path or your choice in selecting a spouse.

Staying with your parents is also a big turn off to the ladies. You'll look immature before her and it would affect the flow of your relationship as both of you will be under the scrutinizing eyes of your parents - who may not even like her. Imagine you not being able to spend a steamy moment in privacy with your babe on Valentine's day just because your parents are at home. Or imagine a scenario where your girl giving you a hot MouthAction and your mum barges into the room. And worst, she can't stay over during weekends. I'm in my twenties and I still live in father's house but I have shunned off dating for the moment until I have an accommodation of my own.

If you must forge your own path and desire to live life per your own terms better be thinking of finding an apartment if you have the money to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by gigabyte13: 12:01am On Dec 24, 2023
Edipet:
so if someone leaves his parents house to hustle is there a guarantee that the pets will make it?

At least it will be on records that you gave life a shot.
No be say, you dey form land owner ontop your Papa hustle.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Krucifax(m): 12:06am On Dec 24, 2023
At OP. Yes life is hard and Nigeria 🇳🇬 is harder. But there are certain milestones that a human being must pass if you consider yourself normal.
Same way you wouldn't consider it normal for a teenager to be in nursery school or an adult to be in primary school.
Living with your parents at 37 is abnormal and demonstrates that you failed to make your way in life.
There are exceptions of course. If you suffer from a disability or are required to provide constant aid to a family member then its understandable.
However your post doesn't say any of the above besides an attempt to normalise the shameful. Yes it hurts but it's important that you know the reality of your situation instead of trying to rewrite societal norms. They are there for a reason.
I sincerely hope things get better for you and you take good counsel because you seem to have lost your way.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by vickydevoka(m): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:
Don't let peer pressure tension you.
I am 36 entering 37 few month from now and I still live with my mother.
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.
I just need to refurbished it and I am good with my wives and kids.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

That's where you are wrong no one is praying for anyone's death.
It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

Happy new year in advance.
Why are you ashame of what people are praying for
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by armyofone(m): 12:11am On Dec 24, 2023
stacyadams:
grin grin

So it's pointless having children if parents don't want Thier children inheriting their property...I want to believe after your hard work on earth and your achievements you will want your structure according to wike to be inherited by a stranger?

You can be inheriting whatever - make great efforts to have your own by your own hardwork!
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ajayiebenezer19: 12:45am On Dec 24, 2023
[quote author=stacyadams post=127570588] grin grin
There is nothing bad in it but many wives don't like living with their husband's parents.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by jaxxy(m): 12:52am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

ir point has no logic or solution that is the problem.. are u saying people should not inherit their parents property or they should fight over their parents property?

People can inherit their parents property without fighting when there is a will or some level of organisation in the family. Even if u are rich that doesn't mean u should ignore ur parents property.

What u should speak against is greed and fighting over sharing property not telling people to go and make money and leave their parents property. Make money and still collect ur inheritance if u want or give it out if u feel u are too rich.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by OlawaleBammie: 1:11am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You and your breeders are the biggest fo*l in the planet, you were not supposed to be allowed to germinate, dem suppose spit you out, arindin.
Aahh

Walahi amukunmeko ti binu tan kpatakpata grin grin
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by InvertedHammer: 1:54am On Dec 24, 2023
Peter532:
Don't let peer pressure tension you.
I am 36 entering 37 few month from now and I still live with my mother.
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.
I just need to refurbished it and I am good with my wives and kids.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

That's where you are wrong no one is praying for anyone's death.
It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

Happy new year in advance.
/
Moving away from family is one of the main reasons blacks remain the poorest in developed nations. Why? Because of slavery and colonization, your average black person is innately wired to want to be white. Wanna move out and be independent at 18? Do they have the resources the whites have for generations that make them live that way?

It may seem that Indians, Asians and Hispanics have it figured out. They have nothing to prove to anyone but themselves. Many of their families start off living in one house, they pull resources together and in ten years, they all have their education and individual houses.

/

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:54am On Dec 24, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.

whether you like it or not their are entitled what the point of having things cant your own kids cant have ?

Its only wiser to build your own if their are too may children, becoz that property becames small

This guy he is living with his mother and from
the point of it he might be primary carer to his mum or supervise the care of his mum so whats wrong with that?
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:52am On Dec 24, 2023
Exedyne:
At 33 I still live with my parents and I send no body

Any girl wey no dey comfortable with that make she Park well
I tire,dey shud get lost.i was based in Abj,I rented somewhere for years.got a better job in Edo,I went there and stayed with my parents.It helped me save well before I japa.Leave all those mumu wey dey talk day e no good to stay with parents till you balance.dem no sabi life.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! I Saw My Son Last 24 Years Ago, When He Was 2 Years Old / Woman's Husband And Lover Fight Over Paternity Of Her Baby, She Absconds (Pic) / Lady calls out her babydaddy for doing Giveaway while his 3kids are hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.