Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. (31247 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Dzzzz: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:
Don't let peer pressure tension you.
I am 36 entering 37 few month from now and I still live with my mother.
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.
I just need to refurbished it and I am good with my wives and kids.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

That's where you are wrong no one is praying for anyone's death.
It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

Happy new year in advance.
..You are on the right track..
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ahmedio2017(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
Apus:

I pity old parents who built big houses thinking their children will inherit them.
My dad's compound is so big, It can accommodate our families. I just dey pity dem as they've grown old and everyone don dey japa. Even our kids don't even want to stay with our grandparents. I stay most times with them to keep them company as I'm the only male child. My dad hates the idea of hiring maids. I have a landed property too and sometimes wonder if the same fate as my parent awaits me. I got the property so others won't see me as a failure. You know our mentality/culture here frowns at you raising a family in your parents house especially after reaching a certain age.

What a very wrong mentality in the olden days our forefathers lives together with their families thereby promote peace and oneness between family, but today the society is frown are the idea because if u don't leave ur parent house how will u be able to rent apartment from landlords/lady. Many youths left their parents house rent apartment at the end of every year they will still be calling their parents to send money for house rent. Isn't that madness? You as a parent who are you actually building all you properties for? If not ur children then who? I don't know who really course us in 9ja I swear. Our fake life is affecting us .

3 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ahmedio2017(m): 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

You quoted me 3 times yet lack basic comprehension and understanding of my comments

What has riches got to do with dragging
and having disputes over inheritances? It's a metality, a crass mentality

Poor people don't kill family members for properties? I hate repeating myself but are there not countless cases of men killing themselves over fathers properties from the rich to the poor? Countless threads on here by men over disputes on properties? Why drag and create enemies or kill each other over land and house when you can make something for yourselves? And they are mostly by men, very disgusting behaviour, even Op couldn't reply a comment that asked if he's an only child which means he isn't, so there will be a property and inheritance issue between him and his siblings in the nearest future

So many slow people on nairaland, very annoying, since you lack understanding, resist the urge to quote me, I can't be repeating myself countless times.

Honestly try to understand bro...
Fighting over properties is another thing entirely. There is individual differences some people are greedy. Before the parents dies I believe there should be a Will that explains what and what belongs to each members of the family. If you are talking about privacy I'm of the opinion that, it is not necessarily they should do somethings together i.e cooking, sharing toilet and the likes. Try and understand bro this life is very simple. We are working tirelessly to build our wealth now who should then inherit it if it is not our wards?
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by yetunsbay(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.
When u finally build yours dash it out to ur neighbors then

9 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by TheWinterBird(f): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
How can you say the house you're living in can easily be yours? That is your mother's house, not yours. Get away from there.

From your post, you also have a wife a kids, so all of you are living there and inconveniencing the woman. Shame on you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by jamesversion: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss52:
Number one reason most Nigerians live away from their parents is fornication...

Indians , Pakistani, Arabs all stay with their parents till they get footings

My area brother, stayed comfortably with his parents even with wife and kids, till he built a small bungalow on one of his dads land

Actually fornication was what made me leave my Dad's house, after he embarrassed me the day I came with a girl in 2004. I just finished secondary school and was doing pre-degree in FUTO. grin. Funny enough, my dad didn't know I was already sexually active by 17. Infact I'd slept with 5 girls by 17.

After that embarrassment, I decided to rent my house and fornicate freely. It materialised when I was 20.

So when that 70 Yr old man listed 70women in 70years, I just dey laugh. He's a learner where I am. I averaged 3 women a week in 2015 alone. Can't forget that year, cos I hit the big time financially and i swarmed on women. Life sweet oh. Money, Women, food, And alcohol are the four cardinal points of my happiness. grin cool wink

Imagine not liking this. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by CHRISTFUCKER: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nothing wrong living with your parents but don't expect to get married and live there because you go see finish

I live with my parents even tho I earn a comfortable wage

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by BondRiv: 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Check out most threads here on inheritance and fighting for properties, it is always created by men which is embarrassing and disgraceful, Op for instance is proud of living in his father's house, if he has any atom of shame, he wouldn't come here to boost about it

My point is, if men are able to toil and make a name for themselves through various achievements, inheriting parents properties will only be seen as an added advantage, not something to fight and scream over.

I did not bother highlighting any part of your post because it is despicable in its entirety.

What are you on about with your misandric laden post with sweeping generalizations and wilful ignorance? What are you so angry about?

In your previous post, you established your disposition to misandry and dropped a bogus statistics. Here you are again, desperately making the OP's point.

It is obvious that the only thing embarrassing and disgraceful is your excuse of a post.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
BondRiv:

I did not bother highlighting any part of your post because it is despicable in its entirety.

What are you on about with your misandric laden post with sweeping generalizations and wilful ignorance? What are you so angry about?

In your previous post, you established your disposition to misandry and dropped a bogus statistics. Here you are again, desperately making the OP's point.

It is obvious that the only thing embarrassing and disgraceful is your excuse of a post.

Truth is bitter

So Cry 🥴

4 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Farfalla(f): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
jamesversion:

So when that 70 Yr old man listed 70women in 70years, I just dey laugh. He's a learner where I am. I averaged 3 women a week in 2015 alone. Can't forget that year, cos I hit the big time financially and i swarmed on women.

Yay!!
You made the impossible possible!
Congratulations are in order.

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Nicepoker(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
So many useless ladies are on this forum.

7 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:08am On Dec 23, 2023
Nicepoker:
So many useless ladies are on this forum.
They are even more than I expected.Most of them have not even achieved even bicycle.common block they cannot buy.they will be spilling thrash.This post angers them because of their poverty mindset.

8 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by grandstar(m): 1:58am On Dec 23, 2023
Klass99:

At the bolded if you dig deep now you may discover that he is not even the first-born child, but perhaps the 3rd or 4th child, who is just the first male so he feels entitled to his parent's hard work and properties.

If you dig deeper you may also find out that while living with his parents, he contributes nothing worthwhile or meaningful to that household, like paying bills, diligent housekeeping etc. His sisters may probably be the ones sending a monthly allowance to the parents for gas, food, electricity, fuel for the gen and all, which he benefits from.

When I say the male child is overrated now, they will come for my head, but jokes aside, majority of them are seriously overrated and a source of misery to their parents.

You also need to understand that in the Nigerian society we live in, you're expected to stay in your parents house rather than venture out and pay rent. Many will be stunned that you left the relative comfort of your parents rent free property to start suffering with the masses. It does not matter the age.

1 Like

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by grandstar(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

What do you mean good with my wives and kids?
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by grandstar(m): 2:10am On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Check out most threads here on inheritance and fighting for properties, it is always created by men which is embarrassing and disgraceful, Op for instance is proud of living in his father's house, if he has any atom of shame, he wouldn't come here to boost about it

My point is, if men are able to toil and make a name for themselves through various achievements, inheriting parents properties will only be seen as an added advantage, not something to fight and scream over.

It is never good to judge others. It may be best for some to leave their parents house at 18 while for some others, for life may seem okay.

One's parent can get very lonely when all kids go away. So, they'd be glad if one could stay until they pass away. They need that company or they'd be extremely lonely.

The parents however shouldn't be selfish. They must push the child to also build a place for himself, even if it is to rent out. They should help the child out in his or her business.

Note: It will be hard for someone with a corporate job to stay with the parents. Some might even give their child a flat of theirs to stay in. That is what my landlord did. His son is occupying 2 no. 4 br flats above me. He lives in one with the wife and the other is for his wife's fashion business. I am not sure if he is paying rent. His dad is living somewhere else
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Klass99(f): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2023

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by GreatAchiever1: 9:06am On Dec 23, 2023
Klass99:

At the bolded if you dig deep now you may discover that he is not even the first-born child, but perhaps the 3rd or 4th child, who is just the first male so he feels entitled to his parent's hard work and properties.

If you dig deeper you may also find out that while living with his parents, he contributes nothing worthwhile or meaningful to that household, like paying bills, diligent housekeeping etc. His sisters may probably be the ones sending a monthly allowance to the parents for gas, food, electricity, fuel for the gen and all, which he benefits from.

When I say the male child is overrated now, they will come for my head, but jokes aside, majority of them are seriously overrated and a source of misery to their parents.

Madam dig deep, miner. What you're saying is irrelevant because OP didn't mention all this but it's just your mentality because of your hatred for men, feminism is really deceiving you.
Incase you don't know, innovative inventions and building of cilvilzation were all done by men.

6 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Klass99(f): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by GreatAchiever1: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2023
Klass99:

Lol cheesy, on the contrary I like men, sensible and responsible men, I also like the male anatomy and the differences between our bodies. I believe heaven knew what they were doing when they created us male and female. It is funny how every female opinion that does not gel well with you guys is always attributed to feminism.
Then don't talk like one if you're not one. Statements that deals with hating men is generalization and are the words of feminists.
Sensible men will rebuke and encourage lazy men to take up responsibility and be a better man, so as to have his own authority to rule in his domain but will never downplay or disrespect a fellow man(This is why camaraderie of men are important). So any woman that make statements that is filled with disrespecting or hate to a man has feminism in her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by CSTRR: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2023
At 27, my dad gave me six months to leave his house.

I left in one month.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Pussycokie45: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

You must be a shameless ronu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Bradford111(m): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

All your topics depicts you are a troll

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Kay25(m): 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.
U are wrong
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Jamie1000: 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2023
Your life Your way. But, from what I have learnt about life. Don't wait untill you figure everything out. Planners never get as much done like doers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by CutSoap(m): 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2023
It's never a crime though
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by dahmie2013: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
You're a man, so its not a problem.
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by IamMobisola(f): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

You said "wives". You mean you will bring in "wives" to move in with you in your parents house? Hmm

2 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Kay25(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
Na African poverty mindset of thinking u are not better off living in ur parents House ...if u parent has good number of houses would u not live there till u can build urs comfortably
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Error401: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2023
Moving out of that house would have given you a quest for bigger responsibility. You could have been married and settled down if you had moved out earlier. Your confort zone wont make you feel any better

Peter532:

It's contentment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Keepamsafe: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2023
Omo
Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by geesilver(m): 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2023
You are lucky you don't know what God has done for you. It's not easy out there, especially when you have people to feed. Just remain with them until you are strong financially to be on your own

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court / Help: My Grandma Is Missing / How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.