Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,461 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

How To Live A Better Life * - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Live A Better Life * (5195 Views)

SA Radio Host To Reduce Breast Size For Better Life (PICS) / VIDEO: I Had To Remove My Womb To Live A Normal Life – Nse Ikpe-etim / How Do You Feel When You See Your Ex Living Better Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by PoliteActivist: 4:20pm On Feb 11
lordnkem000:

Honestly I don't even understand this gene thing, do you think that hypothesis is correct?
About my brother, he's very humble and loves God alot, rare virtue in today's men. Lucky to know you sweetie. So sweet of you to always make out time for me in your tight schedule.
Those quotes re very awesome

Happy Sunday mah luv. Your bro is indeed rare these days. His humility and godliness will easily see him to greatness. You're so lucky to have him. He's also very lucky to have you, quite frankly.
Yes, u right, that gene stuff, who really knows. We think we know, but do we??
Hope u like these. Have a blessed week

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by lordnkem000(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13
PoliteActivist:

Happy Sunday mah luv. Your bro is indeed rare these days. His humility and godliness will easily see him to greatness. You're so lucky to have him. He's also very lucky to have you, quite frankly.
Yes, u right, that gene stuff, who really knows. We think we know, but do we??
Hope u like these. Have a blessed week
Sorry I took so long to respond and happy new week sweetie. I love them a lot, those quotes are really good and helpful.
Hope you are having a great time? Always waiting to hear from you ma luv, pls stay safe and outta trouble honey
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by PoliteActivist: 2:53pm On Feb 18
lordnkem000:

Sorry I took so long to respond and happy new week sweetie. I love them a lot, those quotes are really good and helpful.
Hope you are having a great time? Always waiting to hear from you ma luv, pls stay safe and outta trouble honey

Happy Sunday mah dahling. Can you believe I was banned in Romance section due to bot error? I politely quoted someone's offensive post. The bot left the offensive post and banned me! Unbelievable!
Anyway, hope all's been well with you sweetie. Take good care

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by PoliteActivist: 4:48pm On Feb 19
lordnkem000:

Sorry I took so long to respond and happy new week

1 Like

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by lordnkem000(m): 9:54am On Feb 20
PoliteActivist:

Happy Sunday mah dahling. Can you believe I was banned in Romance section due to bot error? I politely quoted someone's offensive post. The bot left the offensive post and banned me! Unbelievable!
Anyway, hope all's been well with you sweetie. Take good care
Hi sweetheart how are you? Sorry for my delayed response, can you believe I was banned for no just reason? It's the reason I couldn't respond. I love all those quotes I swear, very sweet of you. Hope you are having a great week? Really missed you babe
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by lordnkem000(m): 9:57am On Feb 20
[quote author=PoliteActivist post=128537724][/quote]
I love this quote about procrastination, it's been my Achilles heel for ages, thanks sweetie. With the ban, I thought I wasn't gonna chat you again. Thank God I was unbanned
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by PoliteActivist: 4:07pm On Feb 23
lordnkem000:

Hi sweetheart how are you? Sorry for my delayed response, can you believe I was banned for no just reason? It's the reason I couldn't respond. I love all those quotes I swear, very sweet of you. Hope you are having a great week? Really missed you babe

Yeah my pumpkin pie, that antispam bot is so mistake-ridden. At least you were banned for nothing. In my case I was banned for quoting an offensive poster to VERY POLITELY tell the poster to mind his language. Can you believe the bot left the offensive post intact and banned me in romance section for a week!😅
A good metaphor for how life can be sometimes. Hope all's been well with you my dear

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by PoliteActivist: 8:25pm On Feb 23
lordnkem000:

PoliteActivist:

Yeah my pumpkin pie, that antispam bot is so mistake-ridden. At least you were banned for nothing. In my case I was banned for quoting an offensive poster to VERY POLITELY tell the poster to mind his language. Can you believe the bot left the offensive post intact and banned me in romance section for a week!😅
A good metaphor for how life can be sometimes. Hope all's been well with you my dear

Dear Seun,
Your antispam bot is truly messing up. It has banned me twice in two days in religion section for absolutely no reason I can see. It can't continue like this or people will simply be frustrated out of this forum
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by lordnkem000(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23
PoliteActivist:

Nice quotes honey. Am so happy to hear from you again. All haven't been well as my mom and my kid sis had a ghastly motor accident yesterday and I've not been myself. It was difficult to have them treated as I was unable to deposit 200k deposit I was asked but thank God for his intervention. Now more money is required because my sister's one leg(knee) must be cut off to stop the infection from spreading. Am so devastated because it's happening in a wrong time but thank God they both survived including the driver. Please sweetie put me in your prayers for divine favors. Thanks dear for making out time for me
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by PoliteActivist: 11:58pm On Mar 02
lordnkem000:

Nice quotes honey. Am so happy to hear from you again. All haven't been well as my mom and my kid sis had a ghastly motor accident yesterday and I've not been myself. It was difficult to have them treated as I was unable to deposit 200k deposit I was asked but thank God for his intervention. Now more money is required because my sister's one leg(knee) must be cut off to stop the infection from spreading. Am so devastated because it's happening in a wrong time but thank God they both survived including the driver. Please sweetie put me in your prayers for divine favors. Thanks dear for making out time for me

Wow! Wow!!! I'm just now reading this!
Sooo sorry to hear this my dear. We play around but I know you can't be joking with something like this. Thank God they all survived. So sad though. Amputation too. How old is she?
I definitely have you all in my prayers.
Your brother in UK truly ought come through at this time.
Take heart my luv

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by lordnkem000(m): 3:33am On Mar 03
PoliteActivist:

Wow! Wow!!! I'm just now reading this!
Sooo sorry to hear this my dear. We play around but I know you can't be joking with something like this. Thank God they all survived. So sad though. Amputation too. How old is she?
I definitely have you all in my prayers.
Your brother in UK truly ought come through at this time.
Take heart my luv
She's 22. It has been done too, thank you sweetheart. My brother came through, though it came at a terrible price for me because the funds was supposed to be for my own business. It was a bittersweet feeling for me.
Gosh I've missed you so much honey, took ages to hear from you and i don't like it. Those websites are dope, trust me.
Pls how are you? How re you managing this hardship spreading everywhere? I hope it's not too bad with you? How's your health? Hope you are okay?
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by PoliteActivist: 1:07pm On Mar 03
lordnkem000:

She's 22. It has been done too, thank you sweetheart. My brother came through, though it came at a terrible price for me because the funds was supposed to be for my own business. It was a bittersweet feeling for me.
Gosh I've missed you so much honey, took ages to hear from you and i don't like it. Those websites are dope, trust me.
Pls how are you? How re you managing this hardship spreading everywhere? I hope it's not too bad with you? How's your health? Hope you are okay?

Wow!!! That's really tragic - losing one's limb at such a tender age! But God knows best. It's amazing how the most tragic things turn out to be blessings in disguise down the line. Bless your bro for coming through. As for the effect on your biz, you'd be surprised to find out down the road that it was a blessing in disguise too. And your poor mom. I hope she's coping ok. Thank God no lives were lost. You all are in my prayers.
Oh, I'm managing my dear, like everybody else.
Happy new month my dear, may your month be filled with the best of God's blessings!

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03
What sort of madness is this?
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by lordnkem000(m): 2:57pm On Mar 05
PoliteActivist:

Wow!!! That's really tragic - losing one's limb at such a tender age! But God knows best. It's amazing how the most tragic things turn out to be blessings in disguise down the line. Bless your bro for coming through. As for the effect on your biz, you'd be surprised to find out down the road that it was a blessing in disguise too. And your poor mom. I hope she's coping ok. Thank God no lives were lost. You all are in my prayers.
Oh, I'm managing my dear, like everybody else.
Happy new month my dear, may your month be filled with the best of God's blessings!
Yeah my mom is okay and so glad to know you are okay too. We will survive this bad weather/government by God's grace.
Thanks for the prayers honey. Am glad.
Happy New month too darling
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by Rilwayne001: 10:05pm On Mar 06
pansophist:
When God asked king Solomon how he should blessed him, he chooses the blessing of knowledge.

Also God said that my people suffer for lack of knowledge. The opposite is also true. If you are wise, you won't suffer.

Apart from existential suffering (suffering that is part or life eg death, sickness, accident), almost all suffering I see that people pass through can be traced down to a lack of knowledge, or ignorance.

You can't afford to be ignorant. Na suffer full that place. So read widely, ask questions, be curious, observe, and think. You may not eliminate suffering, but you'll reduce it to a large extent if you have wisdom

Baba, please recommend [b] your top 5 [/b]books that you feel will radically change one’s mindset positively in terms of growth, mental development, networking skills etc.

I think you written it before, but I couldn’t find the thread again.
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by pansophist(m): 1:02am On Mar 07
Rilwayne001:

Baba, please recommend your top 5 [/b]books that you feel will radically change one’s mindset positively in terms of growth, mental development, networking skills etc.

[b]1. The Ways of the Superior Man - By David Deida.

This book in my view is the best thing you will read about masculinity. It will polish, furnish, and sophisticate your masculinity. If you read and understand this book in its truest sense, then you will hate all the times you allowed yourself to rot away, due to a lack of self-leadership.

2. Meditations - By Marcus Aurelius. This book is from the founder of Stoicism. It helps you recognize your power, that it's in you and not given, and how you can act in any situation you find yourself.

Things like ego, being materialistic, being subjected to the whims of your emotions, etc will disappear. The book will shape and sharpen your character and make it clear that your character is your greatest asset.

3. The art of war - by Sun Tzu. As a man, you must know how to fight and by fighting, I do not mean it in a physical sense, but more of psychological, formation, strategy, and not being affected by personal bias. This book is also an antidote to manipulation.

If you cannot fight as a man, you will always be a victim to the man that can fight. This book is one of, if not the oldest book on earth about warfare, but politicians, military generals, entrepreneurs, and sophisticated men who are protectors and defenders of their families have it.

4. The World as Will and Representation - By Arthur Schopenhauer. If you have been reading my post here for a long, you will know that I am fond of saying that life is suffering. This book dives deep into it, that after you're done, you will just be calm, and see life very differently.

But be careful, it can make you sad and depressed because it will open your eyes to the realms of our existence that only few people think about. Watch a summary of it on YouTube before reading the whole book.

It will also help you to be a kind person because the other person is also a victim of this sad reality we all exist in. Just as bodybuilders put their bodies in pain to be calm but full of violence, the book will give you the mental version of it.

Dont want to add a filler, so I will stop at four books.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by IAmHim1: 2:50am On Mar 07
check out Art of Manipulation by RB Sparkman

i read it early 2023. I see the world diffferently now and that book is amongst my reason why
Rilwayne001:

Baba, please recommend [b] your top 5 [/b]books that you feel will radically change one’s mindset positively in terms of growth, mental development, networking skills etc.

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by Archtype(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07
pansophist:

1. The Ways of the Superior Man - By David Deida.

This book in my view is the best thing you will read about masculinity. It will polish, furnish, and sophisticate your masculinity. If you read and understand this book in its truest sense, then you will hate all the times you allowed yourself to rot away, due to a lack of self-leadership.

2. Meditations - By Marcus Aurelius. This book is from the founder of Stoicism. It helps you recognize your power, that it's in you and not given, and how you can act in any situation you find yourself.

Things like ego, being materialistic, being subjected to the whims of your emotions, etc will disappear. The book will shape and sharpen your character and make it clear that your character is your greatest asset.

3. The art of war - by Sun Tzu. As a man, you must know how to fight and by fighting, I do not mean it in a physical sense, but more of psychological, formation, strategy, and not being affected by personal bias. This book is also an antidote to manipulation.

If you cannot fight as a man, you will always be a victim to the man that can fight. This book is one of, if not the oldest book on earth about warfare, but politicians, military generals, entrepreneurs, and sophisticated men who are protectors and defenders of their families have it.

4. The World as Will and Representation - By Arthur Schopenhauer. If you have been reading my post here for a long, you will know that I am fond of saying that life is suffering. This book dives deep into it, that after you're done, you will just be calm, and see life very differently.

But be careful, it can make you sad and depressed because it will open your eyes to the realms of our existence that only few people think about. Watch a summary of it on YouTube before reading the whole book.

It will also help you to be a kind person because the other person is also a victim of this sad reality we all exist in. Just as bodybuilders put their bodies in pain to be calm but full of violence, the book will give you the mental version of it.

Dont want to add a filler, so I will stop at four books.

The last one has Volume 2
Re: How To Live A Better Life * by pansophist(m): 8:18pm On Mar 08
Archtype:
The last one has Volume 2

True, but he should start with volume one, to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Re: How To Live A Better Life * by Johnwrite(m): 9:47am On Mar 09
Money and peace of mind e don finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Worst Thing About Being Your Gender? / .. / Can You Give Me Five Words That's Best Describe You ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.