Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me (18654 Views)

Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? / My Husbandโ€™s Neighbor Cooks For Him,am I Being Paranoid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Pecoleee345: 6:53am On Jan 20
LilMissFavvy:
Don't release your child. You should only allow the boy to go when he's 18- 20yrs. If you release your child to him, he will definitely manipulate the boy and cut links with you. Keep your child. What stops him from taking you along? Be wise.

Women will never stop to amaze me......take her along ??

Like she would have take him along if she the one?

You people just feel entitled to everything despite them been divorced.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Pecoleee345: 6:59am On Jan 20
chicfarmer:

This idea sounds good. Let him join his dad after secondary school.

God will continue help men.

If the scenario was switched and the woman is the one that want to take the boy will your advise still be same.

Why are women just naturally wicked and selfish like this??

This same double standard and selfishness is the reason why marriage are joke today.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by DonXavi(m): 8:35am On Jan 20
Hathor5:

No, it`s not the way they process it as far as I`m informed. If I were you, I`d be careful too.
You are wrong. As a minor the other parent's consent is always required.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Ishilove: 9:29am On Jan 20
ChybuzzDD:

She's not the sole owner of the child and can't be the sole decision maker for him

This general female's possessiveness with regard to children needs to stop.
We hear you sir.

Op, as I was saying, keep that child with you till he finishes secondary school to avoid stories that leave the eyes misty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Pecoleee345: 11:04am On Jan 20
Ishilove:

We hear you sir.

Op, as I was saying, keep that child with you till he finishes secondary school to avoid stories that leave the eyes misty.

Ofcos she has to keep him so she wont loose her source of income (child support).

If roles where switched in this scenario....the man would be called all sort of bad name like enemy of progress etc

Smh

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by pipnator00(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20
madam let the boy get that citizenship as early as he can.
Plus he can the citizenship while still in Nigeria.
If he can't get it in Nigeria, let him travel to his father to get it.
Don't be selfish. That's his father, he isn't gonna kill the little boy.
While he is there, you can always visit or you can bring him back after he has gotten the citizenship.
Knowledge-wise and opportunity-wise, there is a big gap between kids raised in Nigeria and their counterparts outside Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by bdon12: 12:10pm On Jan 20
1TrippleCee:
Lawyers are not as expensive as people assume. Find and speak with a lawyer. Moreso, your son needs you, not an European visa. If he wants to get his son a visa, he should begin with the guardian first, in this case, you the mother.

You are a woman and a mother. Trust your guts, you are your prophet
U are really ignorant...

4 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by superCleanworks(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20
BlackfyreRebell:
I can't afford to lose my child this way.

na better witchcraft dey worry you.
is the man not the father?

many fathers abandon their child and start afresh with a new woman and new children but here you are trying to give the man a bad name for trying to give the boy a better chance at life.

Before nko? Is the boy leaving without your consent? Is he being kidnapped? You just told us that the man made his intentions clear, didn't you? So what are you trying to achieve from this? Na just witchcraft dey worry you. Nothing else.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by ITbomb(m): 12:13pm On Jan 20
Give that boy a bright future, don't drag him into your past.
What you saw there is the correct wordings to enable the boy to cross. The mother has to consent.

Let him go, forget whatever the father is presumably doing, when your son is on his feet, he will find you

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Orlu13: 12:13pm On Jan 20
Pecoleee345:

Ofcos she has to keep him so she wont loose her source of income (child support).

If roles where switched in this scenario....the man would be called all sort of bad name like enemy of progress etc

Smh

are u minding them...see how they are saying she should keep her child as if the child belongs to her alone...without the man, would she have given birth to the boy...nonesense gender, always acting victimized

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Bigseven(m): 12:13pm On Jan 20
So even if itโ€™s not the process youโ€™ll deny your son privilege of leaving hell called Nigeria ?? Women sha. Whether you like it or not the son will look for his father one day and the better you let him do so now than later cos it wonโ€™t be nice

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by BloomingDale(f): 12:13pm On Jan 20
Pecoleee345:

Smh

As if Nigerian men pay child support. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by erniok(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20
ChybuzzDD:

She's not the sole owner of the child and can't be the sole decision maker for him

This general female's possessiveness with regard to children needs to stop.
She's not the sole owner! She's not the sole owner!! Now the child can't go without her say so. Who then is really the sole owner?

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by bdon12: 12:14pm On Jan 20
DonXavi:
You are wrong. As a minor the other parent's consent is always required.
Thats why i told d other guy hes unwise. Even if consent was not needed,to process this immigration documents,u need to sweeten on paper so as to get ur case easily approved.people claim fake marriage jst to get papers.i mean its his father n his a minor....u hav to giv consent to travel na in paper..
.nothing wrong wit that.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Justiceleague1: 12:15pm On Jan 20
BlackfyreRebell:
Please advice me
My ex husband and I are divorced 2 years ago. He recently acquired an European citizenship, he also wants to extend the citizenship to our son. Though I thought it a good idea but I can't shake the feeling that he is trying to use that to take him away from me.
He told me our son will need to come over there to finish the process of his citizenship. But when I went to submit the "application" what I saw on it is different from what he told me. The paper read that I am consenting to my son to go and reunite with his father. Or is that the way they process it?
Please those that have gone through same should please come to my aid, this is my only child and I can't afford to lose my child this way.
Come to your aid,like as in what?! Is the boy going to be with you forever?
The process will certainly require the boy to be with his dad nah,haba!
Please do not put your hands as a spanner in the works and wheel of progress of your son.
The boy will always remember his mother in life.

Free that boy from this place called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Justiceleague1: 12:16pm On Jan 20
1TrippleCee:
Lawyers are not as expensive as people assume. Find and speak with a lawyer. Moreso, your son needs you, not an European visa. If he wants to get his son a visa, he should begin with the guardian first, in this case, you the mother.

Are you now trying to force her into what she is no more interested in?

Please apply some wisdom nahh
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by noskcid(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20
1TrippleCee:

Keep misleading people ๐Ÿคฃ

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Adakintroy: 12:20pm On Jan 20
Zonefree:
[b][/b]
Stop using "my child" when his father is still alive.

You be pickup machine. Na ur work to pick up thing for the untrain eye. And she has the nerve to ask if she is paranoid?
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Agrovet: 12:20pm On Jan 20
BlackfyreRebell:
Please advice me
My ex husband and I are divorced 2 years ago. He recently acquired an European citizenship, he also wants to extend the citizenship to our son. Though I thought it a good idea but I can't shake the feeling that he is trying to use that to take him away from me.
He told me our son will need to come over there to finish the process of his citizenship. But when I went to submit the "application" what I saw on it is different from what he told me. The paper read that I am consenting to my son to go and reunite with his father. Or is that the way they process it?
Please those that have gone through same should please come to my aid, this is my only child and I can't afford to lose my child this way.

As far as he didn't come honest from the onset tells you all you need to know. When your son gets to ages 16-18, then you can reopen the discussion. While divorced, was he active in his duties as a father? Also don't paint your ex husband bad before your son to score a point. Be sincere in all your dealings with your son. God grant you strength, courage and wisdom. Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by PoliteActivist: 12:20pm On Jan 20
*Politeness*
You know exactly what he is planning. He wants his son but not you. He has deviced a perfect way. If you allow this, trust me, you'll only be speaking to your son on the phone once in a while
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Babangidapikin: 12:21pm On Jan 20
Get a lawyer to advise you ..In as much you want the best for your kid, you should also consider your happiness ...
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by noskcid(m): 12:21pm On Jan 20
I cannot drag a child with anyone, if you want to eat him or her alive you are free. If I want to see my child I will see him or her, na the child go even Dey cry, I want to see my daddy ๐Ÿ˜‚
Me wey get doings, na people go dey find us no be we!!!

Kill yourself ontop my comment you hear ๐Ÿ‘‚

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by EEIA: 12:23pm On Jan 20
BlackfyreRebell:
Please advice me
No use your bad belle spoil your son very bright future oh!

That son of yours will one day blame you for killing his bright future.

I tell you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by AngelicBeing: 12:23pm On Jan 20
sad
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Justiceleague1: 12:24pm On Jan 20
BlackfyreRebell:

If he had discussed that with me i would have seen reason. After all who doesn't want to see their kid progress
Know this for sure,an 18yr old is an adult and won't be treated same way as a minor at the embassy.

And again,if you wanna follow the advice of people who will jump at this opportunity at the slightest chance,na you sabi,ooo,just know that the father would've gotten a wife and kids to be thinking about along with what and how to cater for an 18 yr old in Africa ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Continue dey play

9 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Timoleon(m): 12:24pm On Jan 20
noskcid:
I cannot drag a child with anyone, if you want to eat him or her alive you are free. If I want to see my child I will see him or her, na the child go even Dey cry, I want to see my daddy ๐Ÿ˜‚
Me wey get doings, na people go dey find us no be we!!!

Kill yourself ontop my comment you hear ๐Ÿ‘‚

I swear down. The last thing wey any woman fit use against me na to hold with old pikin from me. That pikin go hate her die

5 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by sammirano: 12:25pm On Jan 20
1TrippleCee:

Your son needs just God and you for a brighter future not Europe o. Boys without maternal care in Europe in this early formative years will only amount to a gangster. Its better he is Godly and you grow at the pace God wants for you abeg

Is the woman Godly to be divorced grin you people are wired differently

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Anguldi(m): 12:25pm On Jan 20
BlackfyreRebell:
Please advice me
Now, listen and listen good!!! Don't ruin the future of that boy, let him reunite with his father because of the benefits and future. Drop emotions and grudges aside.
Dollar is 1,370 . Hunger, inflation and poverty is rife undecided
You squatted and gave birth to, you love him unconditionally, JUST DO IT

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Adakintroy: 12:25pm On Jan 20
Yes you are paranoid.

That boy is going to a quality school to get a quality life. It not about you. If you can give him that life. By all mean go ahead. If not then let the father do it mind you that is his father
so he love him as much as you do that's all that matter. Let ur concentration be about him ad his wellbeing.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by wrongnumber: 12:25pm On Jan 20
BlackfyreRebell:
Please advice me

I understand the bond and love you have for your son.

I honestly understand but don't you think if you truly love him, you will want him to have a better education which is a good prerequisite for a potentially better future.

So please put the child first and let him go regardless of whatever you are consenting to.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by Justiceleague1: 12:27pm On Jan 20
Kids will certainly grow and move on.
I know of a family in Benin..they sent all their kids,one by one,away to the States...that was before the advent of internet,o....

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me by flexyrule(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20
How do you even love a child, without loving the mother?

Everyday I look at my son, I feel more attached to the mother.

Two beautiful souls!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Women Retaining Their Maiden Names / Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? / Why Would A Man Stay In A Marriage If He Doesn't Love His Wife Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.