Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life (54769 Views)

I Made This Chicken And Chips. Rate Me! (pics Ins.) / Went To Hilda Bacis Restaurant To Eat. Pictures And Prices And Review Included / Between Live Chicken and a Frozen One, Which One Is More Economical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sync(f): 5:29pm On Feb 01
It looks dry, no sauce?
Also the plating/ presentation ain’t nice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by CockPit: 5:31pm On Feb 01
mariahAngel:

You had better be a good cook then. undecided

No, my wife is a good cook. a big reason for the marriage. Everything has to be perfect with my food or you are in big trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Xosh: 5:33pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
hehehe too funny. People no sabi cook anymore na
But they're recognized as world class chefs.

How re you suk?
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:33pm On Feb 01
Konquest:

@the bolded.

Sukkot, where is the syrup topping for the waffles? They are probably cutting corners as the cost of purchasing ingredients increases alongside the general overhead costs. If the food wasn't bland, I'm sure you wouldn't mind paying that amount for the food served once in a while. Customer service is key... Period.

My verdict: The eatery will soon close shop if they don't get creative and deliver the best tasting foods just like the billionaire Chef 'Tolu Erogbogbo does in his Lagos and California eatery branches or outlets.

P.S. Aha! Sukkot, it's obvious you're NOT the only one who has complained about the "bland" chicken interior and general ambience of the place. The dude in the 2018 food article link below used exactly the word "bland" just like you did on this thread. Those guys have to wake up or close shop.

=>https://guardian.ng/life/breakfast-at-micos-house-of-chicken-waffles/

wow bro you are the king of research. That review was spot on. And the guy got the same thing. I noticed back then it was like 2 thousand plus.
Now the syrup is in that little silver cup if you look closely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by segyoms: 5:33pm On Feb 01
Gadafii:
I can’t lie for you, I don’t really fancy lekki like that, I would rather be in yaba or surulere instead of lekki, Infact Gbagada is the best place to be in Lagos

Centrally located, access to food markets, the lagoon, hospitals and hospitality, average night life, trench food remarkably cheap and accessible, house rent is spiking the last two years tho

But it’s nothing compared to lekki.
Anthony too make sense for that area
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:35pm On Feb 01
armyofone:
Na waffle sukkot dey give is headaches for so ?

Buy ya flight tickets go Chicago and eat belly full at IHOP na grin

Where syrup on your waffle ? You licked am ?
hehe ihop no be better place ooo. Check that silver cup. That's the syrup

2 Likes

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Konquest: 5:37pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
wow bro you are the king of research. That review was spot on. And the guy got the same thing. I noticed back then it was like 2 thousand plus.
Now the syrup is in that little silver cup if you look closely
Whoa! Sukkot, how's your week going?

Indeed, it was 2,000 plus back in 2018. I like looking out for some online customer reviews before ordering for things or visiting physical eateries and more... and this strategy has always helped me to avoid getting poor service delivery and save cost!

Yes! I later spotted it and have updated my original post to you. Just a quick question below.

Was it maple syrup that you got OR some other syrup substitute like honey?

Nice your topic made it to the FP. A lot of folks are giving fantastic feedback here on cost savings and more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by mariahAngel(f): 5:37pm On Feb 01
CockPit:

No, my wife is a good cook. a big reason for the marriage. Everything has to be perfect with my food or you are in big trouble.

Hmm! undecided

What's your wife's food specialty, if I may ask?
Which of her dishes do you look forward to her cooking it the most?

2 Likes

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Xosh: 5:41pm On Feb 01
allthingsgood:

what u are posting is a food prop. Not the real waffle. Its for advert purposes
Word!
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sprints1: 5:43pm On Feb 01
Gadafii:
I can’t lie for you, I don’t really fancy lekki like that, I would rather be in yaba or surulere instead of lekki, Infact Gbagada is the best place to be in Lagos

Centrally located, access to food markets, the lagoon, hospitals and hospitality, average night life, trench food remarkably cheap and accessible, house rent is spiking the last two years tho

But it’s nothing compared to lekki.
lekki ajah na one useless place, very expensive fake life... Talking from experience...
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:45pm On Feb 01
GloriousGbola:

The reason sukkot is pissed is he knows what a waffle should taste like. Most of the clientele likely do not know and as per fake life things will pretend they like it.

You will be shocked at what people can do when forming. A guy in school drank orange shampoo from a bottle (not the original bottle) and declared it tasted like the orange Juice he took at home.
lol orange shampoo ? Wow

Bro real waffles is made with potato and it's oily. This one is made with flour and it's dense and dry. It's like eating flavoured sweet dry bread. It's children food not adult food. The potato one is adult food

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:47pm On Feb 01
pocohantas:

No lies.
Never seen waffles that strong. It looks like igneous rock. But sukkòt of all people should know elite breakfast restaurants on the Island. Not this "Mega Chicken" he went to.

Hahahahahahahahaahahahaahahaha
Oh nooooooo!
lmao mega chicken. I don't eat breakfast like that oooo. I don't know anywhere like that. I am just experimenting lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:48pm On Feb 01
GloriousGbola:

sukkot is a cheapo fish and chips / bangers and mash brit at his core. na people wey no know go fall for the innit' cheesy
lol bro. Cheers mate
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:49pm On Feb 01
Ishilove:

Pele grin
eshe pupo lol
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:49pm On Feb 01
joseph1832:
That 7500 Naira done even reach you prepare one pot of soup sef.

Hope say no be your village people remote control you make you go spend money anyhow. grin grin
lol

2 Likes

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Asswipemod: 5:51pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
My people I am tired of this fake lekki life. I Dey move go alapere ketu go rest. This fake lekki life has wound my bank akant but that’s not even the problem.

The problem is that the food no Dey ever sweet. The food is always overpriced and rubbish. Tastes like something an amateur cooked. Anyway this particular one which is waffles and chicken is from a joint. Total is 7500. 2 chickens waffle and Fanta. Total waste. Taste bland and dry and tedious.

I think I am officially done eating out. It’s official. Am done.

Akantbalance lo je ko ma buga bai bai. Naira to Cefas...........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by CockPit: 5:52pm On Feb 01
mariahAngel:

Hmm! undecided

What's your wife's food specialty, if I may ask?
Which of her dishes do you look forward to her cooking it the most?

I love thick Egusi soup with unripe plantain flour semo.

The soup must have better stockfish(head and cord combined), dry fish(ASA and blackfish), and better ponmo with goat meats. Every single oloko i swallow must have an equal representation of all the above.

She is also creative with dishes. She could make calaba ekpankokor, Anambra bitter leaf soup, Yoruba efo riro/Ghegiri, and Amala.

Then the next week, she makes Indian butter chicken soup, Vietnamese Pho anh, Philipino Pansit with Seafood/Mexican Tacos, Italian Lasagna and you get the drift.

I love food from different nationalities and get tired when I eat the same thing no matter how good it is. She is also an excellent baker

likes to make a variety of dishes from different races from Yoruba Okro/seafood okro/Igbo okro.

I take food seriously like religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Ykc2(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01
TruthsFM:
Lol 😂😂🐨, so Na only chicken you chop, you never chop Amala and gbegiri. You are missing dude
for yoruba people or for all Nigerians? So for your mind for calabar ,ph ,warri,onitsha ,uyo ,kaduna na amala be number 1 delicacy over there?the way you guys thinks that everything is about SW is mind blowing
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:54pm On Feb 01
Offpoint1:
Lekki eateries are useless, expensive nonsense.

That was how I wasted 18k to get Afang Soup, with 2 wraps of semo... Till today it remains the worse Afang Soup I've ever tasted.

Yam porridge I bought 5k was trash, Efo riro I bought 7k was trash too.

I've vowed never to eat anything from those useless eateries.

Nothing like a clean mama put bukka...

Expensive is not always best
hehe bro you have been through the gamut too lol. Plate of food for nearly 20k. Awon werey . Afe babalolas daughter has a place in Victoria Island called terra Kulture . Plate of iyan and efo riro and 2 chicken with malt is 17000 naira.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:57pm On Feb 01
finallybusy:
For somebody who claims to own international passports and travels around, you sure don’t know oyibo food is bland by default. You are just another rat on Nairaland claiming Dangote. You are with your kind here.
oyibo waffle is not bland oooo. It's nice potato with oils and flavours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Glassysea(m): 5:59pm On Feb 01
Who force you buy it, if you leave there is your issues, because you cannot cook abi na juju keep you there or the person funding the rent have left tell us true of the story

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 5:59pm On Feb 01
Beverlyjean:

Pls wants the name of the joint...I will love to visit there...I need me some chicken and waffles... and its better with a milkshake
its called MICOS CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Judolisco(m): 5:59pm On Feb 01
sukkot:
My people I am tired of this fake lekki life. I Dey move go alapere ketu go rest. This fake lekki life has wound my bank akant but that’s not even the problem.

The problem is that the food no Dey ever sweet. The food is always overpriced and rubbish. Tastes like something an amateur cooked. Anyway this particular one which is waffles and chicken is from a joint. Total is 7500. 2 chickens waffle and Fanta. Total waste. Taste bland and dry and tedious.

I think I am officially done eating out. It’s official. Am done.
no be small Fanta bdat? Na my transport money 4 2 weeks u use chop like dis.... Omo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 6:04pm On Feb 01
JustPowerApps:
Why you sef wan chop Chicken with waffles😂
lmao it's wan guy I follow on YouTube who went to the place and said it was good. Otherwise I personally think it's a weird combination

2 Likes

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by mariahAngel(f): 6:05pm On Feb 01
CockPit:

I love thick Egusi soup with unripe plantain flour semo.

The soup must have better stockfish(head and cord combined), dry fish(ASA and blackfish), and better ponmo with goat meats. Every single oloko i swallow must have an equal representation of all the above.

She is also creative with dishes. She could make calaba ekpankokor, Anambra bitter leaf soup, Yoruba efo riro/Ghegiri, and Amala.

Then the next week, she makes Indian butter chicken soup, Vietnamese Pho anh, Philipino Pansit with Seafood/Mexican Tacos, Italian Lasagna and you get the drift.

I love food from different nationalities and get tired when I eat the same thing no matter how good it is. She is also an excellent baker

likes to make a variety of dishes from different races from Yoruba Okro/seafood okro/Igbo okro.

I take food seriously like religion.

Wow! Your wife is really trying o! 😃

You're in food paradise.😄
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 6:05pm On Feb 01
BigIyanga:

Plus Lekki life premium.. you pay for everything ool.. I wanted to use a gym walk-in daily pay.. gym attendant told me N10k +N10k/hr for a gym instructor. Gym space was too tight with few old equipment.. Lol
awon werey lol. Extortion
Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 6:09pm On Feb 01
ConfidentialDoc:

Sukkot na lie
You love lekki and lekki life ... And you wouldn't survive 4 days in Ketu.
Don't know about the waffles though.
lol bro ketu ain't all bad. Some parts of Magodo is classified as ketu.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by CorrectionFLuid: 6:10pm On Feb 01
mariahAngel:
Sukkot, was the fanta watery too?

You seem like the type that'll be too difficult to please. Are you? cheesy

You dey always type rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 6:10pm On Feb 01
Jerryhare:

May your life no be like that of Saul, you wan move from Lekki go Ketu Alapere
better food dey ketu ooo. Lol

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 6:12pm On Feb 01
descartes400:

What's the binocular for? You spying on nyashes from safe distance now abi?
hehe I dey take am scope my sorrounding for kidnappers and herdsmen lmao. I dey look sky for objects

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by Konquest: 6:13pm On Feb 01
mariahAngel:

Hahahahaha
I remember him instantly killing the excitement for me on that thread, after reading through. cheesy

I can't cook for someone like sukkot o, because there's no telling what I might do if he dares to criticize my food. grin

I hope he does not (will not) give his wife too much wahala sha. cheesy
@mariahAngel,

Even without ever tasting your foods, from the uploaded pictures of the delicacies you've been cooking over the last few years, it seems to me you're indeed a very good cook, and you're already monetizing what you do as well.
Once I sense a tinge of chicken seasoning cubes, bay leaves, and thyme in my food, I'm good to go!

So, my friend @Sukkot would def like most of your colorful meals and pastries as well.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life by sukkot: 6:13pm On Feb 01
LegendaryArnold:

Oya dey come back ketu, make we enter iya kan
lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Civet I Bought N7,000 On My Way To Work Yesterday / The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. / Python Killed By My Hunter Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.