Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? (33155 Views)

See The Condition Of Roads In Igbogbo Ikorodu / The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by NaBanga: 10:39am On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.

You have said it. Lack of accountability and responsibility, is what Africans call fun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Johnjustice: 10:40am On Feb 17
Procashtips:

It's not a must people live from Nigeria.

Just go to another African country, stay there for a while, then use that side arrange your movement
Is that all you came to do in life, going up and down for survival?

What about doing something great, in your country...a lot of people became great from Nigeria, millions of people have japad just slaving their life away, caught up in the rat race. Keep your head up, or leave that village you are to a better part of Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Bridget95(f): 10:42am On Feb 17
The world is coming to an end. The hardship is world .
Whether you japa or not you will surely suffer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:42am On Feb 17
We used that figure to build house o

Alphamentips:

No be comfort zone matter. Na 10 to 20 meter matter
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by wizelink(m): 10:42am On Feb 17
Them no won japa because they still believe in greater Nigeria. A country flowing with milk and honey (Nigeria) shall again be great and better even if not for dem but for their children born and unborn. Some people wey don japa are regreting ever leaving Naija. By God's grace, it will be well with Naija and everyone that struggled with her not those corrupted men and women who have milked Naija dry. God still dey.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Akagbe(m): 10:43am On Feb 17
No resources no support
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by opera1(m): 10:43am On Feb 17
If japa should cost me ₦15m to ₦20m, without assurance of a job over there, investing such money here may fetch me X 2 or 3 within 2 or 3 years.
Be a king here rather than a slave over there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Johnjustice: 10:43am On Feb 17
Angelfrost:
You can't Japa without serious funds...

With the current exchange rate, Proof of Funds alone will humble you, and make you think more realistically about something else.

Then again, there are those who are comfortable enough to live stress-free lives in this same Nigeria... They live in highbrow estates with solar and constant power supply, and earn far above the inflation meter.

For these ones, it makes no sense rocking that boat... Why chase a theoretical good life abroad when you are doing far better than many people abroad?!!
How are majority of Nigerians in abroad living?

They are still in minimum wage, at the bottom of the food chain, just going through the motions and routine rat race, working to eat and put a roof on their heads, a lot too are homeless living in the streets.

In Nigeria if you want to get good medicine, go to a pharmacy, stop talking nonsense, like you live in one village, leave that village.

Come to Lekki, you will see even white people leave their country dey serve for bars here, go some massage parlors na white masseuse dey work there.

If you live in a desperate part of Nigeria, don't think everywhere is like that, because even in America, UK, Eastern Europe, they are ghettos, poor people and a lot living in the streets.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Gidigrav(m): 10:43am On Feb 17
Bro note as you weere rejected on lmia my advice is to apply for school.......i can put you through enter my dm 08137314393 note you ain't paying me i will just drop you some schools and all you follow instructions and that is just it
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 10:44am On Feb 17
Johnjustice:

Is that all you came to do in life, going up and down for survival?

What about doing something great, in your country...a lot of people became great from Nigeria, millions of people have japad just slaving their life away, caught up in the rat race. Keep your head up, or leave that village you are to a better part of Nigeria.

Go and sit down somewhere and stop preaching rubbish you don't practise.

For your information, I have actually repaired a road in my community before with my money, so before you respond, make sure you have done something visible before for your country with no strings attached.

BTW, when I decide to leave, I will without looking back

Your useless politicians spoiling the country have dual citizenship and can leave at any time, yet you want me to be the fool building mansion in thin air?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by BigBashiru: 10:45am On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.

You refer to it as the Spanish islands in Africa? There's no Spanish Islands in Africa except that which the Spanish thieves forcefully took. The western Europeans are savages.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by emonis88: 10:46am On Feb 17
Do u know how many people who ve lost their life savings to fraudsters in d bid to japa?
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 10:46am On Feb 17
opera1:
If japa should cost me ₦15m to ₦20m, without assurance of a job over there, investing such money here may fetch me X 2 or 3 within 2 or 3 years.
Be a king here rather than a slave over there.

Wait until your fellow Nigerians run down that business or steal the money from you.

I know someone right now who came with enough money to settle down here, started building and put some monies into various businesses, right now 90% of the monies are gone and his building project is on hold because even contractors tried to dupe him.

We have more wolfs in Nigeria ready to finish whoever tries to make something work here. (Except you also become a wolf - and to what end?)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by chiboycue: 10:47am On Feb 17
Nitabb:
Japa with 2 million??

Yes na. If I have the funds I would jappa. I am fed up with the country. So much hardship.it is difficult to raise a family in naija

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Southwestidiot: 10:47am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem
na money na money na money, na money oooooo
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Sirmikky1(m): 10:49am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.

Are you one of dem

You offer me money to bounce, I tell you say I no want?
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Lomprico2: 10:49am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem

How can you japa when you are still looking for what to eat? Which money will you use to japa the japa?

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Enice(m): 10:49am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem
If you can live like a king in your country, why will you run to somewhere you become a slave? You japa doesn't mean you will make it. There are citizens that are homeless in the US. Nigeria that you want to japa from, some foreigners are coming here to make it. So it's not about the place but the mindset.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Juniorangel(m): 10:49am On Feb 17
Working towards it, once my money reach like 15 meters, even if na south here I must jappa
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Johnjustice: 10:50am On Feb 17
Procashtips:

Go and sit down somewhere and stop preaching rubbish you don't practise.

For your information, I have actually repaired a road in my community before with my money, so before you respond, make sure you have done something visible before for your country with no strings attached.

BTW, when I decide to leave, I will without looking back

Your useless politicians spoiling the country have dual citizenship and can leave at any time, yet you want me to be the fool building mansion in thin air?
A lot are suffering in the cold weather of Canada, doing care givers, a lot fall sick and die in that desperate situation. My brother if you look at the big picture, there is no fun in slaving your life away just to live, you have to think of something bigger, better... millions have japad, it's not something to bring online, all these stupid topics will make the UK and America government give more stringent measures, as they have done already because of the japa online hysteria...it gives them the false assumption that all Nigerians are desperate to leave, which is false. Japa quietly, it's nothing new, you are going there to work and strive...stop making it a big deal.

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by andy244: 10:50am On Feb 17
Jennysplash:
Please my Canada work visa got denied 19th January even though it was LMIA approved job I got through an agency. Please I need advice and help of when and how to re-apply but this time using the student route. This are the reasons the officer gave:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
This is my first time ever applying for any visa in my life and this agency ruined my first chance because am beginning to doubt if the job was real because I submitted all they asked me to.
If the job was not real they would have stated it. Also there wouldn't be the last paragraph.
."You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek."
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Caramia2020(m): 10:50am On Feb 17
Someone has informed me that Rain oil feeling station along Otokutu road is selling fuel #1,450.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Nackzy: 10:51am On Feb 17
It's because there's no money

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Quebec91(m): 10:51am On Feb 17
Abiooo
Alphamentips:

No be comfort zone matter. Na 10 to 20 meter matter
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Quebec91(m): 10:51am On Feb 17
cheesy
chiiraq802:
If that thing weh belong to ceazer just miss road enter my hand. Ah don leave una for Nigeria.
Moreover I wasn't suppose to be born in Nigeria, ah no no why dat Angel change my nationality.
I'm originally from Japan.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Beautifulday: 10:52am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem

You no how much e dey cost to japa now?
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Quebec91(m): 10:52am On Feb 17
Abi na
perfectsusanoo:
When responsibilities is much than income and savings, thats when u knw d dejection of powerlessness.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by BrutusOj(m): 10:52am On Feb 17
No place like home. We die here, no matter the hardship, I can walk around my vicinity without fear of violating any law. If we all japa, then those oppressing us have won the battle easily.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by chester23(m): 10:53am On Feb 17
Please advice a brother.
As a young graduate that just finished service, between Lagos and Abuja, where will be perfect for settlement and starting a living.
And securing a better job
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Quebec91(m): 10:53am On Feb 17
Abi
ednut1:
There are over 220m people in Nigeria. Everyone cant japa. Which country will absorb them all Nothing strange there.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by gabbytabby: 10:53am On Feb 17
Even japa self no easy.

ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Nitabb: 10:53am On Feb 17
chiboycue:

Yes na. If I have the funds I would jappa. I am fed up with the country. So much hardship.it is difficult to raise a family in naija
You can't japa with 2million that's about $1500 . Where you wan go with that amount?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ghastly Accident Happen Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Picture) / Pictures From The Ebute Metta Rail Station / Trailer Kills Conductor In Lagos This Morning (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.