Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? (33147 Views)

See The Condition Of Roads In Igbogbo Ikorodu / The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by BlackyOne: 10:54am On Feb 17
Japa used to be for the poor, now it's only for the rich ...

Shey u dey whine tinubu ni grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Beautifulday: 10:55am On Feb 17
Johnjustice:

A lot are suffering in the cold weather of Canada, doing care givers, a lot fall sick and die in that desperate situation. My brother if you look at the big picture, there is no fun in slaving your life away just to live, you have to think of something bigger, better... millions have japad, it's not something to bring online, all these stupid topics will make the UK and America government give more stringent measures, as they have done already because of the japa online hysteria...it gives them the false assumption that all Nigerians are desperate to leave, which is false. Japa quietly, it's nothing new, you are going there to work and strive...stop making it a big deal.

Germany and Canada, which is coldest

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Johnjustice: 10:56am On Feb 17
Enice:
If you can live like a king in your country, why will you run to somewhere you become a slave? You japa doesn't mean you will make it. There are citizens that are homeless in the US. Nigeria that you want to japa from, some foreigners are coming here to make it. So it's not about the place but the mindset.
Exactly, a lot of foreigners in Nigeria, so go where works for you, don't make it a big deal.

Some people always think everyone thinks and have same aims in life like them... everyone is not in same situation or same boat, this generalization of Nigerians is bad, and nairaland is a free place for them...all these gives bad impressions about Nigeria and Nigerians.

Most Nigerians I know do not dream or talk of traveling out, some travel for holidays and come back... Nigeria is not hell, it has good weather, good food, opportunities, less taxation, less stringent policies on a lot of things you can take advantage of.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by merits(m): 10:56am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem

Because we strong one believed everything will better one day while the weak ones run Helter skelter.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by 90dbest: 10:56am On Feb 17
Stop yorubanizing this forum.what nonsense is 'japa.?.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sirgalahad26(m): 10:56am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.

Are you one of dem
Like Japa is supposed to be achievement or what?
Like Japa is same as going to Lagos, not mentioning that you need nothing less than ₦20million to japa. Enough money to kick-start a tech company

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by chiboycue: 10:59am On Feb 17
Nitabb:
You can't japa with 2million that's about $1500 . Where you wan go with that amount?

I wan relocate to Ghana
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by johnog4sure: 10:59am On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.
Best argument supporting Japa, you made me re-think my position, the reason why I have not taken Japa seriously is because with a couple of more millions I can take advantage of the the dysfunctional state, make more money then decide if I should stay or leave, but I must take advantage just as our politicians and pastors took and are taking advantage.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by lanre316: 11:00am On Feb 17
Gerrard59:
Those making dollars while in Nigeria have no reason to japa.

An instance is the children/close relatives of cocoa farmers and exporters. If I see any such person japa, I will ask hard questions.

Other instances are successful YouTube content creators, successful bloggers, freelancers and big capital crypto traders. They earn in fresh sweet dollars and they smile to the bank every payday especially when dollars price increases as other Nigerians are complaining of inflation.

Those people have no reason to japa. Because expenses in Nigeria is less compared to western countries they could have japa to. They will enjoy their dollar earnings better in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Meliziz: 11:00am On Feb 17
We have traveled to so many places and still will travel more. But one thing is certain. Ala adinma wu uru Ndi nze.. the way Nigeria is today is quite beneficial to a bunch of people. And it's not uhuru anywhere. Lastly. Another man's land is not your land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by jiz: 11:02am On Feb 17
Says a man that Nigeria contributed to his life and has nothing to offer the nation back but decided to paint the nation black because the white attracted his greedy ambition with flashy peanut.
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by samonak(m): 11:02am On Feb 17
Hmmmm
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by highchief1: 11:03am On Feb 17
pansophist:

ur explanation solid o

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Shomek(m): 11:03am On Feb 17
I never support japa because i love nigeria my country i love nigeria
why are you guys runing away from our dear country ??

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Greystone: 11:03am On Feb 17
pansophist:
The means to leave is the biggest obstacle for most.

Currency depreciation, can't qualify for any migration/visa category, clueless about the whole process, no guidance/helper, home base responsibilities, and of course, the embassy will mostly not grant you a visa.

The Schengen visa is now very difficult to get. For example, Norway as a rule, wont grant you a visa for tourism even if you overqualify. They do not want Nigerian visitors.

So there you go, leaving Nigeria will keep becoming exceptionally difficult, and close to impossible as the days go by, unless maybe through a family route with a foreign resident/citizen.

For most, it's the means to leave.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Emman08: 11:04am On Feb 17
With which money? I regret returning after studying outside 10 years ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by femi4: 11:04am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem
You didn't include the most important reason, FUND

The exchange rate makes japa almost impossible for the common man
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Piroty: 11:05am On Feb 17
Cause i involve in crypto trading and i earn in dollars,its better i earn dollars in Nigeria than earn it over there where tax will finish it for me

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Streetmovement(m): 11:05am On Feb 17
Wotoporiously cool speaking

If kaluba enter my hand I go disappear like magic
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by esemes256: 11:07am On Feb 17
Ukraine has a population of about 41 million. Only about 8 million have left the country despite the war. Not everyone wants to live in another country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ahmedio2017(m): 11:07am On Feb 17
CaveAdullam:

1. This was part of my deep thoughts last night before going to bed. Happened after reading your subsequent posts to this.

2. The problem of Nigeria/Africa isn't a matter of who's the president. It's a systemic problem.

If a good president isn't bulletproof against that system, he will end up unfortunately before completing a tenure. A good example is the late President Yar Adua. Another example is the Late Mrs. Dora Akunyili, former NAFDAC chairman.

3. The above government officials had good plans for the nation. However, their blueprints weren't convenient with the corrupt system and its occupant elites. Their death isn't natural as the world wants us to see and accept. There was a back-to-back war with Dora.

4. That's why I'm of the opinion that a national protest will not work. Because how long can you protest? Will it overhaul current government officials? No way.

A significant example is the Endsars 2020 protest. The protest was against police brutality. The only change that accompanied that protest was a change in name from SARS to "SWAT"(will confirm the actual acronym). Just a change in name and uniform. But the men in uniform still remain.

Ironically, 4 years later, the citizens are still victims of police brutality and harassment even worse than before.

5. Nigerians need to focus on the electoral system. Anger should be channeled toward INEC. Because INEC is the mother of corruption in Nigeria. If her womb isn't terminated, she'll continue to give birth to corrupt and dysfunctional political leaders.

INEC bears no consequences of its perverse electoral system and, hence, allows electoral fraud. INEC offices, bosses, and workers need to suffer.

Instead of waiting for an interval of 4 years to allow INEC to conduct another useless election, the masses must pressure them to innovate a better way of voting and selecting a leader of their choice. Only then should they continue to vote. Else, the cycle of corruption and poverty continues.

6. Another problem is that the average Nigerian is selfish. All talks and speeches on patriotism are when they are lacking and need help or connections. Once they get their fill and are satiated, they don't care if the nation perishes and flows in the gutter.

7. However, there are some good elites who really want to make the country work e.g. Peter Obi. But unlike Peter Obi, after considering the state of the nation + how it will affect their business and income flow they just rescind and mind their business. + the fact that many of them are a branch of the corrupt system.

8. The poor masses can only shout and wail. Their complaints must be backed up by a powerful force + good elites. And the elites must be in their numbers. Rescuing Nigeria is a war. A serious war. Every man will come prepared. It is a war against good and evil.

9. Revolution can only take place when it involves every member of society aside from the corrupt officials. There's nowhere only peasants were able to cause and effect a revolution.

This was what happened during the 2012 petroleum subsidy protest. Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Pastor E. Adeboye, Wole Soyinka, et al. were at the forefront with the peasants to hold grounds with the government.

10. I don't know what Peter Obi has in mind in 2027, but he will still fail if he's unable to hold the jugular of INEC + the judiciary. These sectors are where the problem of Nigeria lies. Solve them and you'll take care of corrupt officials and their useless policies.

Nigeria/Africa will be great. Very great. However, not in our generation or the generation to come. The best we can do is to talk and lay the foundation. But we'll keep postponing it further if we fold our hands and just keep talking. Actions are required now.

Sigh.

Oga our problem is the system and not individuals and the only solution to the problem is REVOLUTION. Aftermath the revolution, if the new government is corrupt too, another revolution until we get it right, we are just too wicked in this country and it is ignorance that is actually affecting us. we are too selfish, our leaders that got independence for us too was as a result of being eager and greedy. Nigeria wasn't ripe for independence as at the time they agitated for it that's is the genesis of our problem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by emmykey0128(m): 11:10am On Feb 17
Money money money, got no money to finance it , I got admitted to two schools in the UK and two schools in Canada , no money to process it
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ufotunang: 11:10am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem
.....to Japa a person needs money amounting to millions...will you trek to the foreign country you want to Japa to.... flight ticket that is very expensive now, paying for accommodation, feeding ,proof of funds, visa fees,and other expenses one will incur over there...one must have enough money before one can plan to japa so he or she can take care of himself there over there ...before even trying to get a job over there
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ahmedio2017(m): 11:10am On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Yaradua didn't have good intentions for Nigeria. A lot of what we are suffering today is cause of yaradua. He reversed a lot of Obasanjos policies. Yaradua and buhari are the same stock of people.

Africa and Nigeria will never be great. The black man has been cursed by God to suffer until the world ends.

Haha which kind of statement is this? Were you there when God was coursing Africa?

Yaradua and buhari had good intentions but the system was too corrupt for them to thrive. Let me tell you the honest truth, no matter how trustworthy you are you cannot rule Nigeria so far we are still practicing this useless democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by DeepSight(m): 11:11am On Feb 17
pansophist:

This is brilliant.

Look, let me add. It's not that there is no free museum in Nigeria. There is no museum period. And thank you for mentioning architecture and libraries.

Not to speak of monuments. We are such a harried people that we don't think of the finer things in life. Even other African countries sometimes do. Example, the African Renaissance Monument in Dakar. That thing is comparable to the Statue of Liberty.

When one visits a city, there should be highlights to see. What exactly does a tourist have to see in Great Lagos (I love the place don't get me wrong) or Government Abuja? At best Zuma Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 11:15am On Feb 17
Johnjustice:

A lot are suffering in the cold weather of Canada, doing care givers, a lot fall sick and die in that desperate situation. My brother if you look at the big picture, there is no fun in slaving your life away just to live, you have to think of something bigger, better... millions have japad, it's not something to bring online, all these stupid topics will make the UK and America government give more stringent measures, as they have done already because of the japa online hysteria...it gives them the false assumption that all Nigerians are desperate to leave, which is false. Japa quietly, it's nothing new, you are going there to work and strive...stop making it a big deal.

Because I want to migrate means it has to be to the west? Remind me again, how many countries do we have in the world?

Secondly, not everyone wants to migrate as economic migrant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Yestogood: 11:15am On Feb 17
pansophist:

I know that Bahrain banned entry for Nigerians before, don't know if they have reinstated it. Also the UAE.

Our free visa list have reduced to at least 30% since Buhari period. Truly, the country is gone.

The Godly wisdom is that you shouldn't use your mouth to condemn your future. God can change our story. Let's keep blessing Nigeria.
Proverbs 11:11
By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted, But it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Quebec91(m): 11:16am On Feb 17
Said it all
pansophist:

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ritux: 11:18am On Feb 17
Why should I japa when my monthly income here is over 3million.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by greggng: 11:23am On Feb 17
The only reason many are still in this country is the cost of japa . We are trapped here

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by DeepSight(m): 11:26am On Feb 17
RickyJesus:

Fvck off with this your tribalistic view.

How is his disdain for voting Buhari tribalistic? Was 2015 not a turning point for the worse for this country as is obvious to everyone?

Personally I didn't need all that happened to happen before I railed against Buhari. His antecedents were there but we are a blind and daft electorate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Curious345: 11:27am On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:

Are you one of dem

Yes I am ..I believe my lovely country Nigeria will arise out of the slums like Dubai UAE and become great again .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / UK People Are Miserable, Nigerians Are 'happy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.