Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Atheists Debate Religionists * - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Debate Religionists * (8364 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / You Non-religionists, What reasons have You for Forfeiting Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:27pm On Mar 16
PoliteActivist:

What do you understand this word you like using actually mean: gaslight?

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 6:33pm On Mar 16
[quote author=LordReed post=128959972][/quote]

So how was I trying hard to gaslight myself when I simply told u what I think
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16
PoliteActivist:

So how was I trying hard to gaslight myself when I simply told u what I think

For trying to come off sounding as if you don't think there is some guiding intelligence controlling the universe. You'd be fooling no one but yourself.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Geovanni412(m): 7:33pm On Mar 16
PoliteActivist:

Thanks 4 your response.
He no longer exists as an individual. There is no longer a "self". He is simply part of the mass consciousness. That's why people like Sam Harris say that individuality is an illusion of memory - in reality there's only one mass consciousness.

What is mass consciousness?

Most people have no independent thought of their own due to social media

Could you explain how mass consciousness is connected to the NPC situation in current times?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 7:50pm On Mar 16
Geovanni412:

Toh

That's why I gave her two examples of people with very good intentions for their people

As for Nigeria, give her to an atheist and the situation will be 10x worse.

Because you know the character of every atheist?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:54pm On Mar 16
PoliteActivist:

Ok, what if this is a long-running computer game of a far advanced alien civilization, and they each have their chips (people) that they play with and the game has set rules, etc.
See? That's just one of a trillion things it could be!

u dont use this as a pronoun when u arent referring to any specific case

neither do u use it
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:58pm On Mar 16
LordReed:

iz not about dat

it may not be 10x worse

but nigeria was created 4 this 2 happen
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by Geovanni412(m): 8:07pm On Mar 16
LordReed:

Mention the countries /leaders ruled by atheists

Let's start there and see how much "good" they've done

How free are the citizens in these countries?

Are they as "happy" as the uighur people in China?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:23pm On Mar 16
PoliteActivist:

Sooo, define "u"

i cant define 4 u

biology cant either

neither must math,physics or chemistry

u av 2 define 4 urself
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16
Geovanni412:

Mention the countries /leaders ruled by atheists

Let's start there and see how much "good" they've done

How free are the citizens in these countries?

Are they as "happy" as the uighur people in China?

Jacinda Arden past Prime Minister of New Zealand from 2017 to 2023. Check out how well she handled the covid crisis and the response to the mass shooting (done by a Christian).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 10:16pm On Mar 16
PoliteActivist:

You don't understand. There is high probability I actually exist (at least at some level), just no CERTITUDE!!!

Even if you are a bot, that bot certainly must exist. Or are you asking me to consider your responses come out of thin air with no one or nothing behind it?

Regardless, since you are not certain you or I exist, I don't see why you who doesn't exist would be soliciting the opinion of I whom you assume does not exist and then be arguing that some designer of the universe that you have even less evidence exists, exists.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:41pm On Mar 16
LordReed:

For trying to come off sounding as if you don't think there is some guiding intelligence controlling the universe. You'd be fooling no one but yourself.

Proving you don't know usage of "gaslight". Someone whose been arguing with creationists just told you EXACTLY what he thinks - that aspects of the universe point to some sort of design. HOW DOES GASLIGHT COME INTO IT??!!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:48pm On Mar 16
Geovanni412:

What is mass consciousness?

Most people have no independent thought of their own due to social media

Could you explain how mass consciousness is connected to the NPC situation in current times

What is NPC? What they mean is that the only thing that truly exists is consciousness and it doesn't belong to any one person. Once an organism is born it becomes part of that consciousness. The only thing that makes him think he is a separate "self" is memory
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:54pm On Mar 16
HellVictorinho6:

u dont use this as a pronoun when u arent referring to any specific case
neither do u use it

Meaning what?
Point is, this can be any number of a million things and u don't have the slightest idea which it is. Just as the yeast fornicating and defecating in a vat will never know he was fermenting beer!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 11:57pm On Mar 16
HellVictorinho6:

i cant define 4 u

biology cant either

neither must math,physics or chemistry

u av 2 define 4 urself

"U" is ONLY memory, what you remember. If you remember nothing there is no self, there is no you
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 12:03am On Mar 17
budaatum:

Even if you are a bot, that bot certainly must exist. Or are you asking me to consider your responses come out of thin air with no one or nothing behind it?

Regardless, since you are not certain you or I exist, I don't see why you who doesn't exist would be soliciting the opinion of I whom you assume does not exist and then be arguing that some designer of the universe that you have even less evidence exists, exists.

This whole thing could be entirely in your head ONLY.
We don't know the true nature of thinking and consciousness. They may not necessarily need you to exist!

I already told you it is very likely things are as we experience them. I am not even going as far as Einstein who was SURE all was predetermined and there was someone in the distance pulling the strings, yet he went about his business as if this were NOT the case
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:14am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

Meaning what?
Point is, this can be any number of a million things and u don't have the slightest idea which it is. Just as the yeast fornicating and defecating in a vat will never know he was fermenting beer!

no it cant

itz not something
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 12:18am On Mar 17
HellVictorinho6:

no it cant

itz not something

Elaborate
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 1:46am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

Proving you don't know usage of "gaslight". Someone whose been arguing with creationists just told you EXACTLY what he thinks - that aspects of the universe point to some sort of design. HOW DOES GASLIGHT COME INTO IT??!!

What did you argue with creationists about?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 1:59am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

I already told you ....

Would you kindly stop insulting buda by assuming buda is the sort of person you 'tell' please.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:45am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

Elaborate

state the sumtin then

u av defined u 4 yasef

is u tha sumtin?

can we meet face 2 face?
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:24am On Mar 17
LordReed:

What did you argue with creationists about?

See below.

Shall we add another QED? I think we shall..

QED (as usual grin)

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:30am On Mar 17
budaatum:

Would you kindly stop insulting buda by assuming buda is the sort of person you 'tell' please.

Define Buda. Buda is a bunch of disjointed memories you've amassed since babyhood. But you talk as if he is real grin
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 9:34am On Mar 17
HellVictorinho6:

state the sumtin then

u av defined u 4 yasef

is u tha sumtin?

can we meet face 2 face?

Point is, you have no way of being sure of anything. Even if we meet face to face doesn't prove I exist outselde your head
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 9:45am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

See below.

Shall we add another QED? I think we shall..

QED (as usual grin)

Didn’t I say you believed in god, I said intelligent designer. Say it now that you do not believe an intelligent designer or designers exist and clear the air.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 10:29am On Mar 17
LordReed:

Didn’t I say you believed in god, I said intelligent designer. Say it now that you do not believe an intelligent designer or designers exist and clear the air.

Dr. Reed I know you are NOT retarded. Not totally anyway cheesy. How many times do I have to say that aspects of the universe point to intelligent design??
But ultimately we will never know for sure - because we don't really know what's going on. Happenstance can look like intelligent design. Except that the universe correlates too well with something purely abstract like mathematics, thats suspicious. Also too many creative people and geniuses have confessed they receive help from something outside themselves.
Below are the greatest human inventor that has ever lived and the greatest abstract one.

Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:57am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

Point is, you have no way of being sure of anything. Even if we meet face to face doesn't prove I exist outselde your head

But u sure of the head

And the murny u spend

And a lot more

Thatz y u keep interacting

Interaction means sure of some but not sure of others
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

Dr. Reed I know you are NOT retarded. Not totally anyway cheesy. How many times do I have to say that aspects of the universe point to intelligent design??
But ultimately we will never know for sure - because we don't really know what's going on. Happenstance can look like intelligent design. Except that the universe correlates too well with something purely abstract like mathematics, thats suspicious. Also too many creative people and geniuses have confessed they receive help from something outside themselves.
Below are the greatest human inventor that has ever lived and the greatest abstract one.

LoLz. I didn't ask if you know or not I asked if you believe or not. I know you're not that retarded to not know the difference. But sure as day you'll try to weasel your way by saying nothing yet saying plenty.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:07am On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

U keep spending murny

U are 2 dishonest

if u are not sure of anything,then stop speaking as if u are sure of murny,people or universe.

stop comparing them!

what a dishonest thing!
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by budaatum: 1:30pm On Mar 17
PoliteActivist:

Define Buda. Buda is a bunch of disjointed memories you've amassed since babyhood. But you talk as if he is real grin

This must be the equivalent of self identifying where you get to identify others however you want same as you imagine things that don't exist and ignore those that do.
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:01pm On Mar 17
HellVictorinho6:

But u sure of the head

And the murny u spend

And a lot more

Thatz y u keep interacting

Interaction means sure of some but not sure of others

Not sure of anything because not sure of the true nature of thinking
Re: Atheists Debate Religionists * by PoliteActivist: 2:07pm On Mar 17
LordReed:

LoLz. I didn't ask if you know or not I asked if you believe or not. I know you're not that retarded to not know the difference. But sure as day you'll try to weasel your way by saying nothing yet saying plenty.

You're beginning to make me conclude there's really something wrong with you. You sure u ok at all?
I just explicitly stated what aeliev!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products / Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.