Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? (28051 Views)

Graphene Manufacturing Group; New Ponzi Scheme That's Paying. / Shib Made A Warehouse Worker A Millionaire As Doge And Fil Are Dropping / What Secure Business Can I Invest 2million Without Much Supervision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Monaboo(m): 9:46am On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:
Early last year I was motivated to start a beer distribution business, I did my research bought the land and constructed the building.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't know someone is selling just few blocks to where I acquired the land. Although the competitor was a small scale but I do not want to compete because there is also a coke/pepsi depot right next to it.

I've decided to go into manufacturing but I'm not sure what I could do. I need ideas and possible the required capital that would start it.

Please no pure water factory snduggestions.

Thank you.

And I have a very large Warehouse for sale of size 1340sqm at a very good central business district in Lagos. Mushin to be precise.

Why didn't you just buy from me?

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by wirinet(m): 9:47am On Mar 07
Redman44:

One of the best ideas so far is the one above. However, you need to find a way to source the raw materials cheaply. You need intelligence to succeed in the snacks business. Cheers.
Snack (and even food business) no be am right now. Prices of basic ingredients like flour, sugar, groundnut oil, etc., are skyrocketing on a daily basis. Even prices of ordinary food items like garri, yam, meat, fish, etc are highly unstable. If you buy today for selling, before you restock in 2 weeks, the prices might have jumped 20 - 50%, so most food vendors are afraid to stock their shops.

I will advise you not to rush into any manufacturing business right now wait for the economy to settle viz-a-viz a stable exchange rate, a stable fuel price and a stable government policy and direction.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by olaodun: 9:47am On Mar 07
if your location is good and accessible just rent out the warehouse to Chinese business people which I can assist then use your moeny for other business such as supermarket or food chains my e mail is ecstasytreasuresltd@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Lonestar124: 9:48am On Mar 07
Start producing condom, most the condoms will used in Nigeria and Africa are foreign made..
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by maivd: 9:48am On Mar 07
Go into black nylon production,you will need like 18million and your own small transformer. The space is more than enough.

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Hopefullyy: 9:50am On Mar 07
[quote author=Moneyboyz post=128703512]
Sango ota Ogun state.[/ can you be our distributor for freshyo, purebliss, derica or sweets if there's fund and yu meet up requirements
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by ppogba: 9:51am On Mar 07
hunee:

Youths also have their own contributions. Everyone's opinion matters, be respectful and responsible.

Life is both a journey and a process. If you are well beyond some landmarks and busy asking some who have not started the journey how to continue with your navigation then, something is wrong with you.
How do you justify a final year student in the Uni. asking a primary 3 pupil how to prepare for his semester exam?

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by traeces(m): 9:51am On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:

There are lots of cold room around here.
Which is blasting?

There are so many cold rooms because there is market. Learn the rudiments of the business and see if it interests you.

Blasting is high frequency freezing of fresh meat especially to prevent spoilage

2 Likes

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Elzazzi: 9:53am On Mar 07
FFIA:

that space is large to comfortably contain 200 teenage girls.

200 babies every 9 months isn’t a bad investment

And the babies will be sold to ritualists right ?

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by EJEGBULEJE: 9:54am On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:
Early last year I was motivated to start a beer distribution business, I did my research bought the land and constructed the building.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't know someone is selling just few blocks to where I acquired the land. Although the competitor was a small scale but I do not want to compete because there is also a coke/pepsi depot right next to it.

I've decided to go into manufacturing but I'm not sure what I could do. I need ideas and possible the required capital that would start it.

Please no pure water factory suggestions.

Thank you.

E be like say pure water factory don show u shege grin grin
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by nigeriansamurai(m): 9:54am On Mar 07
This is really nice bro , you can start a paint factory(your space seem more than enough), or you can start your own bakery and make cassava flour based products instead of wheat, you can add plantain chips, and other snacks to your brand, or lease it out while you are still deciding, cauze... Time no dey...
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by VIKTO83(m): 9:54am On Mar 07
I have two business ideas that's very unique. U can thank me later if u think its a bang.
1. Banana smoothy production.
2. Food stuff (raw) market.

Those two business had been hitting on my head since January this year and I've made alot of survey concerning it.
I can throw more light if u hit my DM

1 Like

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by wirinet(m): 9:54am On Mar 07
Lonestar124:
Start producing condom, most the condoms will used in Nigeria and Africa are foreign made..
Will he be able to produce the condom at a competitive price when compared to imported ones? Do you know the amount of regulations, permits and approvals before he will be allowed to start production? Then we can start talking about sourcing raw materials- rubber and packaging. I have not even gone into power yet.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Babaken(m): 9:56am On Mar 07
Don't you have business plans before building the warehouse.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by sunsplash99(m): 9:57am On Mar 07
Fruits juice, favoured drinks and yogurt production. Same setup for the three products. All these three products needs clean pure water for production. u can as well package the pure water if u want.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by do4luv14(m): 9:58am On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:

Thank you.

Is the Area developed, if not, then you might want to go into Eco-Stone production,

Better still do another research, This time, research worse to like 3 or 4 street nearest to your warehouse, look for that thing which most people buy that isn't available near there,

Then you can start with distributing same
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by wirinet(m): 9:58am On Mar 07
nigeriansamurai:
This is really nice bro , you can start a paint factory(your space seem more than enough), or you can start your own bakery and make cassava flour based products instead of wheat, you can add plantain chips, and other snacks to your brand, or lease it out while you are still deciding, cauze... Time no dey...
Comot snacks and bakery for the suggestion. Cassava products can work, if he get good machinery, and good quality,reliable source of cassava in close proximity.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Lonestar124: 9:58am On Mar 07
maxkia:
Cow Hides & skin Business. I help you import then supply your warehouse. Also have buyers contact more than 300 Market women. Ponmo is an untapped Gold mine
Where do they import it from?
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by wirinet(m): 10:01am On Mar 07
sunsplash99:
Fruits juice, favoured drinks and yogurt production. Same setup for the three products and u can as well produce pure water if u want.
NAFDAC will frustrate you.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Floky215: 10:01am On Mar 07
fidelmarshal199:
I already advised you last year but you didn't take it, With this kind of building, your best bet is a church business. The only thing you needed are just chairs and a sharp mouth prophet.

I will recommend our resident prophets here, falseprophet and righteousness2. Trust me, in few years, you will be an owner of a private jet

One of the fastest growing industry after kidnapping business in Nigeria today..!!

What people don't know is many people are now involved in this church business codedly.. even moslems and othwr faith are involved also.!!

Big churches sell franchise now...all the op need to do is to draw an agreement with one of them and be using their name and get a sharp mouth pastor or prophet, added advantage if he can get one with past yahoo yahoo experience and the business would boom...!!
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Fidecoo(m): 10:01am On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:

Thank you.

If you have the capacity go for naked soap production ,tissue.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by riverbird: 10:02am On Mar 07
You can also put it up for rent

2 Likes

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by ogene70: 10:02am On Mar 07
Looks good , what’s the size and how much did it cost you?

Moneyboyz:

Thank you.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Samfigo1(m): 10:03am On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:

About 40m or more.

Normally, you be odogwu. Can I get a loan from you?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by nigeriansamurai(m): 10:04am On Mar 07
wirinet:

Common snacks and bakery for the suggestion. Cassava products can work, if he get good machinery, and good quality,reliable source of cassava in close proximity.
yeah if you try and get things locally the better, if you have your own farm better...
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by aylipple: 10:04am On Mar 07
kingreign:

Although you didn't state the location of your property, I'd suggest you go into rice milling. Get rice from any large farm close to you, get machines, hire people, dehusk these rice, parboil them, bag them and start selling.

You can also set up a palm oil processing mill too.

Immediately I saw the photo, rice milking was what came to mind. If he can overcome the challenge of sourcing paddy, that'd be a very lucrative business considering the size of the warehouse.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Oria1: 10:07am On Mar 07
Warehousing is a under real estate except if you have the intention of building it for your personal use. My advice for you is to lease it out till you are able to create your concrete business idea.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by NwaliE01: 10:07am On Mar 07
The way boys dey break way house now.
I will advise you take your time, plan, and weigh your options thoroughly.
Maybe, what you least expected maybe the best option.
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Acidosis(m): 10:08am On Mar 07
How did you manage to invest so much in erecting a structure without a proper feasibility study or market research? It doesn't seem like you built this from scratch. If na inheritance, talk am. Nobody will beat you.

Anyway, you can consider:

#1. Plastics: particularly pet bottles, chairs/tables, "take-away" plates, etc. Considering the recent ban on styrofoam, getting sales or distributors won't be hard. The competition is high though and differentiation is absolute zero.

#2. Hard corrugated paper box, i.e., the type used for pizza, delivery companies like Jumia, etc. You have a large space, so in addition, consider mono wrapping box, paper bags (used in restaurant chains like Hard Rock, KFC etc.), and papers for students' notebooks/exercise books, etc. For this, consider recycling (to give you an edge). You'll easily get partnership and maybe funding from angel investors or companies that are interested in such buzz words (i.e., recycling, sustainability, ESG, etc.).

With idea #2, it will shock you what you can achieve in terms of partnership and growth (when you understand the workings). I dislike having to share this sef cry But, hey reach out for a business plan. wink

5 Likes

Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Lonestar124: 10:08am On Mar 07
wirinet:

Will he be able to produce the condom at a competitive price when compared to imported ones? Do you know the amount of regulations, permits and approvals before he will be allowed to start production? Then we can start talking about sourcing raw materials- rubber and packaging. I have not even gone into power yet.
it's possible that is all I have to say bro..
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Cmanforall: 10:08am On Mar 07
Moneyboyz:

A lot of people have been coming to ask if it's for rent. Nigeria just tire me I may consider that too.

It may take you years to cover
Re: I Just Built A Warehouse, What Manufacturing Business Can I Go Into? by Cmanforall: 10:10am On Mar 07
fidelmarshal199:
I already advised you last year but you didn't take it, With this kind of building, your best bet is a church business. The only thing you needed are just chairs and a sharp mouth prophet.

I will recommend our resident prophets here, falseprophet and righteousness2. Trust me, in few years, you will be an owner of a private jet
FalseProphet1 will pursue members

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture / Eurobond / Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.