Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? (9491 Views)

::::woman Beaten Up On First Date For Looking Different From Profile Picture.::: / Can U Have Sex On First Date? / She Had Sex In A First Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Goldieluks: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
ferdiii:

dem chicks come dey rich?

na him take the chick out,so make him pay for the beans and salad,plus the egusi and nkwobi and bread.
why he go escape through toilet window?
grin
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by tellwisdom: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
U see a guy shaking and stammering when the gurl begins to order embarassed embarassed.
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by 195(f): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Goldieluks: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
tellwisdom:

U see a guy shaking and stammering when the gurl begins to order embarassed embarassed.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
But seriously though a girl that starts ordering like that on another person's dime is severely lacking in home training.
It's very rude. It should never result to u jumping out bathroom window  grin but you can handle it as a (broke tongue ) big boy and just calmly tell her after her flambouyant ordering: "Hope you brought your purse".  wink

Clear, blunt and stress-free.
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by nadine07: 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2011
abeg free naija babes, na una dey spoil us sef, if we eat food na problem, if we no eat na problem, ABEGIIII
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Njgirl1: 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2011
@190 mr cork and lefu who is this dude TELWISDOM that wants to snatch the title 2011 nls dumbest post from u pls dont allow him o.
@ poster if u want a foodlesS date then go on one eg take an effin walk or u want to go to a restaurant and order nothing so waiter WILL call security but who gives an eff wat d western world does cant we have our own brand must we be like them
190and lefu ever heard of originality 190 the 'using chewing gum to keep mouth busy joke' is froM night of a thousand laughs cracked by I GO DIE lefulefu the escaping from toilet joke belongs to DSTV
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
nadine07:

abeg free naija babes, na una dey spoil us sef, if we eat food na problem, if we no eat na problem, ABEGIIII

^^ I guess you're one of them  grin
Thanks for registering yourself.  cheesy
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2011
erm, we eat here too.  tongue (united states)
myself and my bf's first date was at an elegant chinese restaurant  smiley
So the mood was right for conversation, with no distractions other than
the waiter. smiley

For me eating on first date is just a pass time. Most folks eat but fail to realize
eating is a stress reliever (esp. for emotional eaters like moi  tongue).
For us, it's a natural relaxing tool if you will.  smiley  i don't much like going to the movies or clubs
because I want an atmosphere where I can get to know my potential partner live and direct
and it just so happens that for many people nibbling or drinking helps to calms their nerves and
also puts them at ease to focus on their date.

[s]lemme see if i can find a link to rationalize my point.  tongue[/s]

nope. . .FAIL! tongue grin
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by linkin8k(m): 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2011
My last two first dates have been in my house. All the getting to know each other happens first through the phone thanks to What's App then the dating starts in the house. Hmmm maybe that's why the two relationships didn't last long     
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by 195(f): 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

erm, we eat here too.  tongue (united states)
myself and[b] my bf's[/b] first date was at an elegant chinese
restaurant  smiley.

For me, it's just a pass time; a human thing. Most folks eat but fail to realize
eating is a stress reliever (esp. for emotional eaters like moi tongue).
For us, it's a natural relaxing tool if you will.  smiley i don't much like going to the movies or clubs
because I want an atmosphere where I can get to know my
potential partner live and direct so nibbling or drinking helps to calm my nerves
and also puts me at ease.

lemme see if i can find a link to rationalize my point. tongue

WHICH BOYFRIEND

ITS LIKE YOU DONT WANT TO SLEEP WELL THIS NITE angry angry
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
I generally have nothing against it eating out. God has been good. grin

However if you're broke, there are ways you can handle over-spending. [b]bluntness [/b]being one of them.
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
190_@:

WHICH BOYFRIEND

ITS LIKE YOU DONT WANT TO SLEEP WELL THIS NITE angry angry

re-quote me gaddemit!
i modified my post! angry grin grin
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by tellwisdom: 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2011
And you gurls knw how to whine your mouth loaded with PAINT meant for house, while eating angry angry.
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 15, 2011
Honestly,when would naija guys start learning to accept the fact that they have to stop comparing naija babes to those of the western world.If u vex too much,then why cant you all leave the country and go and marry! Mschewwwww.Naija babes,this.Naija babes,that.All the time.Wetin sef?I think Nigerian men are the exact description of the horrors in a woman's life.becos they're so hypocritical.Some ladies overdo it,granted.But if you arnt up to the task,why ask a girl out on a date in the first place.Why are u all always poised,ready to pounce on the girl,at the slightest chance u get?Please,just go and sit down somewhere jare!
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by 195(f): 2:16am On Nov 15, 2011
^keep decievin urself
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 15, 2011
pinckies:

Honestly,when would naija guys start learning to accept the fact that they have to stop comparing naija babes to those of the western world.If u vex too much,then why cant you all leave the country and go and marry! Mschewwwww.Naija babes,this.Naija babes,that.All the time.Wetin sef?I think Nigerian men are the exact description of the horrors in a woman's life.becos they're so hypocritical.Some ladies overdo it,granted.But if you arnt up to the task,why ask a girl out on a date in the first place.Why are u all always poised,ready to pounce on the girl,at the slightest chance u get?Please,just go and sit down somewhere jare!

VERY good point! cool
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:38am On Nov 15, 2011
sad
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 15, 2011
BCuZiMBlaCk:

sad

cheesy
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by mojounited(m): 6:32am On Nov 15, 2011
lmao @OP, that's why I like costa and/or starbucks coffee shops. . .let's see how she'll drink 5 cups undecided
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Njgirl1: 6:32am On Nov 15, 2011
who even said in the western world they dont eat on dates they eat welwel wella on dates abi in the bid to diss 9ja chicks you are making up lies
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by mojounited(m): 6:35am On Nov 15, 2011
Nj girl:

who even said in the western world they dont eat on dates they eat welwel wella on dates abi in the bid to diss 9ja chicks you are making up lies
So what do you eat on a first date. .can I take you out for a cup of coffee?? cheesy
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by 195(f): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2011
Nj girl:

kiss kiss
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2011
Eat or drink on the first date? Usually. Its a good scenerio to hang out in and talk.
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by jude33084(m): 7:50am On Nov 15, 2011
This is exactly what happened to me abt a month ago. a gul sent me a frnds request on africhat, to cut d gist short she said we shld meet at matice in benin, she came wit hr frnd and i ordered for 3 xtra large special, so were just gisting ontop when said; is it only icecream we go lick, we no go chew meat or eat rice'
grin . she even dey evn demand 4 tee fare after all d chop chop. na God touch her heart mayb she 4 ask 4 hr house rent that day undecided
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by kingsilly(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2011
grin grin eya hope say u see money to go back home
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by kingsilly(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2011
grin grin eya hope say u see money to go back home
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by linkin8k(m): 10:15am On Nov 15, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2011
Nj girl:

In the western world during a date they had take a cup of coffee or a drink with a little snack.
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 15, 2011
Nothing wrong if a lady eats during a date and of course yes she must take something but then it would be better if both u and the babe take something light during the date say like popcorns with a can of coke while in the cinema.The issue of a lady eating akpu or other heavy meals while overfeeding herself in the process during a date is a serious case oo.How will u feel comfortable with all those heavy load u just consumed while the guy is discussin with u.
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by BABE3: 11:43am On Nov 15, 2011
tom28:

In the western world during a date they had take a cup of coffee or a drink with a little snack.

They've started with their "beer-parlour" gist. Oga, where you con get this okrika gist from? Source---?
Re: Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
BABE!:

They've started with their "beer-parlour" gist. Oga, where you con get this okrika gist from? Source---?
What beer palour gist are you talking about and why do you feel offended in what i just said?.I dont need to get a source on the issue of dating.My girl"s isnt nigerian and when we want to go out on a date she prefers it to be going to the movies or having a picnic.Thats how it is over here.I know nigerian girls love to eat a lot on a date because back then in the university if i take out a girl she would request for me to either take her to a fast food joint and this is understandable since there are no leisure parks in nigeria were one can have a picnic.Anyway it depends on the girl and if she wants to eat i dont see anything wrong in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30 Proven Signs That Show A Girl Is Attracted To You (+ Pictures) / Craziest Wedding Picture! / I Really Want A Gal Like Dis!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.